Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
41,921 - 41,940 of 46,248 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Hot coed babe

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

Truth Facts wrote:
What's more of a threst to the US,the soaring national debt or climate change that may or may not have an impact in 100 years?
But my daddy might have to move his beach house back 40 feet from the shore in the year 2065. And it's very heavy.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not shocking that one of rightuptheasshole's idiot pals doesn't have a family to care about.
Hey Gov handout leach,what would you care?
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

dem wrote:
Parade out some more of your disgraced tea bag sources idiots. This is fun.
While we do that, parade out more of your indoctrinated Obleezy flim flam liar n chief wacko bullsht!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
<sigh>..
A ready made thread for your bullshyt.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/huntington-wv...
We don't need a forum for that, we already know. Starting with why Fox loves to call itself a news channel when in fact it's just an opinion channel much like the home shopping network. 90% of what is claimed on Fox is just not true and the 10% of the time when it is true, no one notices.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
We don't need a forum for that, we already know. Starting with why Fox loves to call itself a news channel when in fact it's just an opinion channel much like the home shopping network. 90% of what is claimed on Fox is just not true and the 10% of the time when it is true, no one notices.
Why does it bother you, there's one TV network that's not on the left?
Hot coed babe

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

dem wrote:
Parade out some more of your disgraced tea bag sources idiots. This is fun.
Please don't speak poorly of the Tea Party. I've met many of them and they are really nice fun family people. They do lots of sports with their kids and invite friends and family over for barbecue in the backyard and sometimes down at the beach.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Gov handout leach,what would you care?
I wasn't talking to you, Sammy. Funny how the 'no family' thing applies to you too though huh?
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>wrong. the scientific method says so, but you wouldn't understand anything about that.
Science is theory. You don't prove science you interpret it. Are you fkn retarded? You wanna play expert at something you are incapable of understanding?
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

Hot coed babe wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't speak poorly of the Tea Party. I've met many of them and they are really nice fun family people. They do lots of sports with their kids and invite friends and family over for barbecue in the backyard and sometimes down at the beach.
Sure, they live amongst us. I know. I feel sorry for them. They are dumb and elderly. Very vulnerable to charlatans and other Fox News liars.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

Rightuptheasshole is really an angry little guy. Ever since his wife soaked him for new ti ts then dumped him he's been a little unhinged. So damn unhinged he'd let me catch him arguing against the 95% of the people that do it for a living.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

Probability is the language of science, There is no proof; there are no absolute certainties, day trader idiot. Scientists are always aware that new data may overturn old theories and that human knowledge is constantly evolving. Problem is you fkn morons don't have anything but right wing bull sh it to sway your case
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

cold cod babble wrote:
But my daddy might have to move his beach house back 40 feet from the shore......
Don' worra. Hurricane Sandy Two will do it fer 'im....... called parting out......PARTS, 80 feet back.... PARTS, 800 feet back & PARTS, 8000 feet OUT to sea.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar? You lunkhead. APS reviews it's policy statements every five years.
The American Physical Society formally reviews its statements every five years. In accordance with that process, the APS Panel on Public Affairs (POPA) formed a Subcommittee to review its Climate Change Statement....
As part of the POPA-approved process, on January 8, 2014 the Subcommittee convened a workshop with six climate experts....
http://www.aps.org/policy/statements/climate-...
Check the date on your link... November 18, 2007
"If true"?
"I was one of the experts invited to attend the January 8 Workshop. The other invitees were Bill Collins, Ben Santer, Isaac Held, Richard Lindzen, and John Christy."
-- Judith Curry
http://judithcurry.com/2014/02/19/aps-reviews...
The story is about how some skeptics are now part of their process, aka "climate experts".
btw, from JC's post, "Finally, while speaking of the APS, I have an invited presentation at the forthcoming March APS meeting in Denver, Causes and implications of the growing divergence between climate model simulations and observations"
Feel stupid?
You should.
Three of the biggest climate science misinformers.
Three people who are wrong about climate science.

Will the APS see through them?

To be continued...
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Post your favorite sources and I will draw a distinct line back to fossil fuel fktards like the kochs. Can't blame them, it's their livelihood. I blame retarded morons like these topix tea bag scientists that spread the lies they are fed.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

Given the fact that human industrialization is unique in the history of planet earth, do we really need historical precedent for CO2-triggered climate change before we accept what we observe today? Surely it is not far-fetched that unprecedented consequences would follow from unprecedented events.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
To be continued...
This is like shooting fish in a barrel. These dopes try real hard to spread lies but not much else.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

Calm down tea bag scientists I already know you will laugh at facts and truth but it is fun to watch you laugh at noaa and nasa.

Current Analysis Method
The current analysis uses satellite observed nightlights to identify measurement stations located in extreme darkness and adjust temperature trends of urban and peri-urban stations for non-climatic factors, verifying that urban effects on analyzed global change are small. A paper describing the current analysis was published (Hansen et al. 2010) in Reviews of Geophysics in December 2010. The paper compares alternative analyses, and address questions about perception and reality of global warming. Alternative choices for the ocean data are tested. It is shown that global temperature change is sensitive to estimated temperature change in polar regions, where observations are limited. We suggest use of 12-month (and n×12) running mean temperature to fully remove the annual cycle and improve information content in temperature graphs. We conclude that global temperature continued to rise rapidly in the past decade, despite large year-to-year fluctuations associated with the El Niņo-La Niņa cycle of tropical ocean temperature. Record high global temperature during the period with instrumental data was reached in 2010. After that paper appeared, version 3 of the GHCN data became available. The current analysis is now based on the adjusted GHCN v3 data for the data over land. The ocean data are now based on NOAA ERSST for the sake of simplicity, replacing a prior concatenation of Hadley Center's HadSST1 and the satellite-based NOAA (Reynolds) OISST.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
waa-waa-waa

You're getting as bad as Spaceblues... It's a "crisis", but you'll go ahead and post inanities and pump out more CO2.

btw, you know that makes you a hypocrite too, don't you?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Judged:

Hot coed babe wrote:
<quoted text>
psst... you're wasting your time with a troll
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
To be continued...
"As part of the POPA-approved process, on January 8, 2014 the Subcommittee convened a workshop with six climate experts."

See that? "Experts"

Oh wait... maybe you meant the other three...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,096,802
Amy 8-23-14 5 min Pippa 10
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Jacques from Ottawa 176,922
Abby 8-23-14 30 min Pippa 6
10 shot, including 3-year-old, across city 35 min reality is a crutch 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr texas pete 4,644
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr whatitis 3,914
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr PEllen 97,848

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 23 at 2:26PM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search