Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 53523 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#44820 Mar 21, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR. The APS position does not change:
http://www.aps.org/policy/statements/07_1.cfm
But your news, if true, is welcome. Let those three, of course not including Watts, let's be clear on that, show what they have in their science.
No more hiding behind gossip for them. No more skeptics for you!
Liar? You lunkhead. APS reviews it's policy statements every five years.

The American Physical Society formally reviews its statements every five years. In accordance with that process, the APS Panel on Public Affairs (POPA) formed a Subcommittee to review its Climate Change Statement....

As part of the POPA-approved process, on January 8, 2014 the Subcommittee convened a workshop with six climate experts....

http://www.aps.org/policy/statements/climate-...

Check the date on your link... November 18, 2007

"If true"?

"I was one of the experts invited to attend the January 8 Workshop. The other invitees were Bill Collins, Ben Santer, Isaac Held, Richard Lindzen, and John Christy."
-- Judith Curry

http://judithcurry.com/2014/02/19/aps-reviews...

The story is about how some skeptics are now part of their process, aka "climate experts".

btw, from JC's post, "Finally, while speaking of the APS, I have an invited presentation at the forthcoming March APS meeting in Denver, Causes and implications of the growing divergence between climate model simulations and observations"

Feel stupid?

You should.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#44821 Mar 21, 2014
truth facts wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I have 2 unlike a welfare troll.But this should make you smile Obozobot:
The American Physical Society (APS) has signalled a dramatic turnabout in its position on "climate change" by appointing three notorious climate skeptics to its panel on public affairs (POPA).
They are:
Professor Richard Lindzen, formerly Alfred P Sloan Professor of Meteorology at Massachussetts Institute of Technology (MIT), a highly regarded physicist who once described climate change alarmism on The Larry King Show as "mainly just like little kids locking themselves in dark closets to see how much they can scare each other and themselves."
John Christy, Professor of Atmospheric Science at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, who has written: "I'm sure the majority (but not all) of my IPCC colleagues cringe when I say this, but I see neither the developing catastrophe nor the smoking gun proving that human activity is to blame for most of the warming we see."
Judith Curry, Chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at Georgia Tech, a former Warmist (and still a self-described "luke warmer") who has infuriated many of her more extremist colleagues by defending skeptics and by testifying to the US House Subcommittee on the Environment that the uncertainties in forecasting climate science are much greater than the alarmists will admit.
As Anthony Watts has noted, this is news guaranteed to make a Warmist's head explode.
The reason it's so significant is that it comes only three years after one of the APS's most distinguished members - Professor Hal Lewis - resigned in disgust at its endorsement of what he called "the global warming scam."
In fact, Delingpole's new blog seems to be the source for this cut'n paste.

Will it bear scepticism?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#44824 Mar 21, 2014
One of the reasons deniers bathe in a sea of ignorance. A interesting article depicting why:

http://www.alternet.org/story/154875/the_scie...
dem

United States

#44825 Mar 21, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL

No, because he quit.

btw......what's your point? oh, you're changing the subject!
You really are a moron. The point is your source is as big an idiot as you are.
Everyone is lying but your idiot azzhole sources?

What else ya got, lady?
dem

United States

#44826 Mar 21, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>why don't you ask him, son!
Cause I'm asking you, beitch.

Seeing as how you want per names I found one for you, beitch.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#44832 Mar 21, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
One of the reasons deniers bathe in a sea of ignorance. A interesting article depicting why:
http://www.alternet.org/story/154875/the_scie...
<sigh>..

A ready made thread for your bullshyt.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/huntington-wv...
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#44833 Mar 21, 2014
What's more of a threst to the US,the soaring national debt or climate change that may or may not have an impact in 100 years?
dem

United States

#44834 Mar 21, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>It may be 'an inconvenient truth' for you, but it's a good read.

"teabagger" is political lingo....not scientific. but politics are all your crowd is about, right?

yes, climate change is indeed a fact!! that has always been the case. the claim by alarmists that man made co2 is exacerbating change has no factual footing. it's a flimsy untested theory.
Cause an inbred idiot like you says so right, beitch.
dem

United States

#44835 Mar 21, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
What's more of a threst to the US,the soaring national debt or climate change that may or may not have an impact in 100 years?
It's not shocking that one of rightuptheasshole's idiot pals doesn't have a family to care about.
dem

United States

#44836 Mar 21, 2014
Parade out some more of your disgraced tea bag sources idiots. This is fun.
dem

United States

#44837 Mar 21, 2014
Where's Sam?
Has anyone checked his husbands azz?
Hot coed babe

Los Angeles, CA

#44838 Mar 21, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
But my daddy might have to move his beach house back 40 feet from the shore in the year 2065. And it's very heavy.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#44841 Mar 21, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not shocking that one of rightuptheasshole's idiot pals doesn't have a family to care about.
Hey Gov handout leach,what would you care?
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#44842 Mar 21, 2014
dem wrote:
While we do that, parade out more of your indoctrinated Obleezy flim flam liar n chief wacko bullsht!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#44846 Mar 21, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
<sigh>..
A ready made thread for your bullshyt.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/huntington-wv...
We don't need a forum for that, we already know. Starting with why Fox loves to call itself a news channel when in fact it's just an opinion channel much like the home shopping network. 90% of what is claimed on Fox is just not true and the 10% of the time when it is true, no one notices.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#44847 Mar 21, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
We don't need a forum for that, we already know. Starting with why Fox loves to call itself a news channel when in fact it's just an opinion channel much like the home shopping network. 90% of what is claimed on Fox is just not true and the 10% of the time when it is true, no one notices.
Why does it bother you, there's one TV network that's not on the left?
Hot coed babe

Los Angeles, CA

#44848 Mar 21, 2014
dem wrote:
Please don't speak poorly of the Tea Party. I've met many of them and they are really nice fun family people. They do lots of sports with their kids and invite friends and family over for barbecue in the backyard and sometimes down at the beach.
dem

Chicago, IL

#44849 Mar 21, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Gov handout leach,what would you care?
I wasn't talking to you, Sammy. Funny how the 'no family' thing applies to you too though huh?
dem

Chicago, IL

#44850 Mar 21, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>wrong. the scientific method says so, but you wouldn't understand anything about that.
Science is theory. You don't prove science you interpret it. Are you fkn retarded? You wanna play expert at something you are incapable of understanding?
dem

Chicago, IL

#44851 Mar 21, 2014
Hot coed babe wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't speak poorly of the Tea Party. I've met many of them and they are really nice fun family people. They do lots of sports with their kids and invite friends and family over for barbecue in the backyard and sometimes down at the beach.
Sure, they live amongst us. I know. I feel sorry for them. They are dumb and elderly. Very vulnerable to charlatans and other Fox News liars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Bluestater 1,232,953
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min 2 Watt Light bulb 189,893
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a 7 hr Local Chicago 1
Affidavit: White House birth certificate is a F... 8 hr JustTheFACTS 1
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 8 hr Lexus1985 425
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 8 hr Lexus1985 407
News 1 dead, 4 wounded in Chicago shootings 11 hr reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]