Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 53909 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#44678 Mar 20, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
do any of you alarmists know that 'dumb dem' claims to own and drive several cars that don't come close to present day emission standards??
if i drove those rust buckets you'd all call me names.....i guess you all will give him a pass. in which case....that makes you all hypocrites!
LOL
Here's something to consider...

You've seen the oft repeated nonsense that unless an argument appears in "reputable peer reviewed journal", it holds no credence.

But what of all those investigations that "cleared" the Climategateers? Were those investigations "peer reviewed and published in reputable journals"?

Nope.

So by their own criteria, the there's no evidence to claim that those "scientists" were vindicated of anything.

I love holding warmists to their own standards.

LOL

btw, ask your bud (dem) if he thinks Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite. The answer (if any) will be good for a laugh.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#44679 Mar 20, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this is how you deal with fkn morons. Be it Birthers or deniers
Aww gee.. another warmist in a snit.

Miss nap time?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#44680 Mar 20, 2014
inbred jerk wrote:
there is no such thing as manmade global warming...the earth is warming, because the suns gravity pulls us an inch or two closer every year....duh....
slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniers keep repeating this error. The Earth is receding from the sun because of conservation of angular momentum, solar loss of mass, solar wind, braking force of the atmosphere, oceans & internal friction in Earth's crust, etc.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44683 Mar 20, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
once upon a time, the earth was covered in ice...then it started to melt, and its still melting, the only ice left is at the polar ice caps. This melting started way before man had anything to do with it, and man cannot stop it. Talk to God if you have a problem with it.
Back to reality.. doughts, wildfires:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/nu...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#44684 Mar 20, 2014
litesong wrote:
Cuckoo. Cuckoo.

(slow learner, aren't ya?)
dem

United States

#44685 Mar 20, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>since you said it.....i'll take it as a compliment.
You'll take it no matter how you like it, lady.
dem

United States

#44686 Mar 20, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>lol
could you provide a link to that survey?
btw....consensus has nothing to do with scientific methodology.
please tell me you that much at least!!
Keep trying to convince me.
So far the professionals are kicki ng your azz.
dem

United States

#44688 Mar 20, 2014
For so called topix tea bag climate experts you dopes sure are struggling.
dem

United States

#44689 Mar 20, 2014
Mothra wrote:
Cuckoo. Cuckoo.

(slow learner, aren't ya?)
Rightuptheasshole is surrounding himself with the usual tea bag ball lickers that fall for his bullsh it.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44690 Mar 20, 2014
DROUGHTS, wildfires..

“The severe drought in Texas and much of the Southwest continues to wreak havoc with the number of monarchs,” Wilson explained. Butterfly wintering sites in the Mexican state of Michoacán are at near-historic lows, he[Craig Wilson, TAMU] added.

Earlier this year, the butterflies were clustered on only 1.7 acres in Mexico. This compares with an average of around 15 acres in the mid-1990s.“The conditions have been dry both here and in Mexico in recent years,” he said.
dem

United States

#44691 Mar 20, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>Here's something to consider...

You've seen the oft repeated nonsense that unless an argument appears in "reputable peer reviewed journal", it holds no credence.

But what of all those investigations that "cleared" the Climategateers? Were those investigations "peer reviewed and published in reputable journals"?

Nope.

So by their own criteria, the there's no evidence to claim that those "scientists" were vindicated of anything.

I love holding warmists to their own standards.

LOL

btw, ask your bud (dem) if he thinks Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite. The answer (if any) will be good for a laugh.
Sure azzhole it's a huge conspiracy just to make al gore rich. And 95% of climate experts are in on it for what reason? Being rich scientists.

When you bring up al gore as an argument you have already lost.
dem

United States

#44693 Mar 20, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i keep asking what specifically will co2 mitigation accomplish.

i got an honest answer once.

the person said it would make several of his tree huggers friends feel 'warm and fuzzy'. i said in response,'trees needs co2'. i heard later his buddies burned down their colony and the forest it was located in protest to the trees.
The day trader fancies himself a google scientist.
dem

United States

#44694 Mar 20, 2014
You dumbfks get your degrees from topix or google?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#44696 Mar 20, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Back to reality..
"Reality"?

Like the "pause" that wasn't predicted?

Like the models that only match each other?

Like the hockey stick data fudging?

Like the CO2 you put into the air with each post, but still claim it's a "crisis"?

Run along... you embarrass yourself.
dem

United States

#44698 Mar 20, 2014
You know you're a stupid tea bag azzhole when you believe other tea bag azzholes and not climate scientists.
dem

United States

#44700 Mar 20, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>and you're settling the scientific debate, right?
There is no debate. You are a moron! Your denier pals? Morons!
Scientists say you are misinformed.
I say you are willfully ignorant azzholes.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#44701 Mar 20, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure azzhole it's a huge conspiracy just to make al gore rich. And 95% of climate experts are in on it for what reason? Being rich scientists.
When you bring up al gore as an argument you have already lost.
Warmists, are ever so quick to raise the conspiracy flag.

Why?

It's an easy way to dismiss the "inconvenient truths" that permeate their theory.

LOL

Run along... Spongebob's on.
dem

United States

#44703 Mar 20, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>it's not my job to educate the willfully ignorant, son.

you aren't a professional.
Good thing it's not your job to educate. Cause you're a fkn idiot.
Like Birthers you idiots are basically retarded.
dem

United States

#44705 Mar 20, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>Warmists, are ever so quick to raise the conspiracy flag.

Why?

It's an easy way to dismiss the "inconvenient truths" that permeate their theory.

LOL

Run along... Spongebob's on.
Why are you a jagoff?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#44706 Mar 20, 2014
dem wrote:
You know you're a stupid tea bag azzhole when you believe other tea bag azzholes and not climate scientists.
I see you've adopted the bulldoze 'em with bullshyt tactic.Having fun? Enjoying yourself?

Never mind you look foolish.

Here's a tip... breathe... in.... out.... and repeat as needed.

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 191,912
Trump 1 hr wellsdrive 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr THE DEVIL 1,250,342
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 70,132
aggy-6-30-15 8 hr mrs gladys kravitz 9
News Should we really be OK with the surgical remova... 8 hr An NFL Fan 71
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Michael Satterfield 99,859
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages