Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 53604 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44567 Mar 19, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you're hopelessly stupid.
can't face a single fact. mann wasn't a nobel winner and on and on....
thanks for proving the emotionally driven lunacy of climate change mitigation.
Comprehension, blah blah..

Go read your lawyer's physics paper.. LOL.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44569 Mar 19, 2014
It can't handle the truth... only cheese.

A lawyer for physics?

BAAAAAAAHAHAHA
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44570 Mar 19, 2014
The lawyer says:.."protection from heat or cold" bahahahahaha
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44571 Mar 19, 2014
"protection from heat and cold" [corrected]

Got to say it like the lawyer after all. LOL
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#44573 Mar 19, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
SpaceBlues wrote:
SpaceBlues wrote:
*poof* x 3

Hypocrite! x 3
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44574 Mar 19, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
*poof* x 3
Hypocrite! x 3
op your vudu practice.. I want to live!

I'm not even posting to you. But I sent all your evil back at you!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44575 Mar 19, 2014
STOP your vudu practice! I want to live!

All your evil returns back at you!

I want to live!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44576 Mar 19, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
*poof*
Hypocrite.
STOP your vudu practice. I want to live.

All your evil returns back at you.

I want to live!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44577 Mar 19, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>why don't you just paraphrase the words of a law school drop out, "we alarmists play on your fears"!!!!
al gore must be totally discredited according to your fuqued up logic.
now wipe your chin.....again, moron.
Pathetic!

Leave your evil for your ilk. I want to live!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44578 Mar 19, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Stop your vudu practice.. I want to live!

Corrected for keyboard typo.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#44579 Mar 19, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>op your vudu practice.. I want to live!
Folks leave the liquor cabinet open?

btw, it "voodoo", hypocrite.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#44580 Mar 19, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
i never said space is a vacuum, dummy.
nor did the author of the paper.
keep trying to lie......while proving how stupid you actually are, though.
i rather enjoy it!!
But it seems there is one in your head.:)

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#44581 Mar 19, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Oy vey.... another "consensus" argument. Warmists love their authority figures.
Do some research... you'll find all kinds of "settled" science found in error.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/saturated-fats-wo...
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/372659/...
But not climate "science" ... it's settled and been that way for years. Pause? What pause? No matter... it's "settled"? Models don't match reality? No matter... it's settled. Hockey stick controversy? Meh... old news... it's settled. Missing heat? Once again... "settled" even before that argument was even made.
Google 'settled science'... all the results are about global warming. In what other discipline is science argued as "settled" like that of the warmists? And who says it is? Why the warmists do.
Nothing like a self-fulfilling prophecy, huh?
Problem is... prophecies aren't science.
More of your circular reasoning. Since some obscure scientific ideas have missed, it is evidence that climate science is wrong. LOL

BTW, there is no doubt that the Earth has warmed. That CO2 is a GHG. That burning fossil fuels increases the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere. Show that any of those are incorrect. Duh.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44582 Mar 19, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Folks leave the liquor cabinet open?
btw, it "voodoo", hypocrite.
STOP IT!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44586 Mar 19, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Namecaller, space is not vacuum.
AGAIN!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44587 Mar 19, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>maybe you should go back to your 'social justice' reasoning, son, and stay out of this one.
if spaced blues is over his head in this.....you're on the bottom with blocks tied to your feet.
peace!
You can't handle the truth.

I don't accept your circular apology.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#44588 Mar 19, 2014
Dear Al Gore,

Hey.

Look, I know youíve trashed your legacy of being one of the United Statesí vice presidents and opted instead to build your legacy upon being a higher-paid weatherman without a degree. Thatís fine. You can tarnish the Gore name if you want to. But I write to you today to ask if you could maybe stop doing it in such a way that it affects the rest of us.

See, I live in the D.C. area, northern Virginia specifically, and yesterday, and the night leading into it, we experienced yetÖanotherÖsnowfall. I believe it was this areaís, what, 43rd snowfall this winter? Yeah, and thatís just too much to handle. Iím really getting tired of shoveling my driveway. Itís laborious, for one, plus I had to go out there this morning at the same time as my dreadlock-headed, pot-smoking, loudmouth neighbor was shoveling his. I donít like him.

What does this have to do with you? Iím glad you asked.

It was almost adorable for a while, the way you traveled around the world in private jets, putting into the atmosphere a larger portion of that ďpoisonousĒ carbon dioxide in one day than most of us do in a month, only to land and give a speech about how bad carbon dioxide is. It was a hoot. And aside from that family you inspired to kill their infant daughter and themselves for fear of global warming, your doomsday prognostications never really hurt anyone.

But surely you must have realized by now that Mother Nature (or do you prefer Gaia?) is wonderful at playing practical jokes, and that youíve been the butt of them for quite a while. Every time you make a PowerPoint presentation, we get dumped on with the white stuff. You were in South Africa a few days ago, in fact, to talk about how the Earth is heating up, and sure enough, we here on the other side of the globe are experiencing record cold temperatures (aside from that lovely warm spell we just had, which I believe was Natureís attempt to provoke you into talking some more about how warm itís getting, only to turn around and make a mockery of you again).

Iím sure itís a wonderful trade-off for you, earning six figures each time you give a little speech, but what about us, the little people? Isnít there some other way you can make your millions other than doing something that provokes the heavens to make you look like a fool by dumping loads of ice upon us? Golf, perhaps? Or, ooh, how about interior decorating? I hear thatís lucrative.

I could, of course, ask Miss Nature to stop being so cruel to you and indifferent to the effects that that cruelty has on us, but nature is more powerful than I. Iím merely human; I will have no effect on her. That, and I donít think she reads my blog anyway.

So thatís why Iíve written you instead, to request that you stop giving speeches about the Earth warming. Every time you do, millions of people end up having to shovel their driveways. I, for one, have bulked up nicely, itís true, and I thank you for noticing, but it still makes me sore.

Please, Mr. Gore, cease and desist.

Respectfully,

Christopher Graham
NRA

Gurnee, IL

#44592 Mar 19, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
STOP your vudu practice! I want to live!
All your evil returns back at you!
I want to live!
Now your doin the meth to ,buncha dope pheens!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#44593 Mar 19, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
More of your circular reasoning. Since some obscure scientific ideas have missed, it is evidence that climate science is wrong. LOL
BTW, there is no doubt that the Earth has warmed. That CO2 is a GHG. That burning fossil fuels increases the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere. Show that any of those are incorrect. Duh.
"Duh"... should be your middle name.

Here... this will be a lot of fun for you.

Mannís Screw Up #1 ĖďExcelgateĒ
http://hiizuru.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/manns...

But it's a long read... and the comments are important, so I doubt you'll give more than a passing glance.

This one is much better suited for you... it's real short and has a whole lot of pictures.

Mannís Screw Up #3 Ė Statistics is Scary
http://hiizuru.wordpress.com/2014/02/18/manns...

Hockey, anyone?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44594 Mar 19, 2014
See these science deniers are sans science but full of hatred for others. All one has to do is read their posts.

NOW.. A drought is causing an extreme emergency in northeast Haiti, wiping out sorely needed crops and livestock.

Pierre Gary Mathieu of the government's National Coordination of Food Security told The Associated Press that the eight-month-long drought in the region has caused the loss of two harvest seasons. It will take the area six months to recover.

"That's a major problem," Mathieu said.

The hardship is especially evident in some schools where there's food for students but no water to cook. Other schools have neither food nor water, Mathieu said.

The usually arid area has seen some rain lately but not enough to replenish crops.

Government employees and aid workers plan to distribute seeds to farmers and food to others. Officials are due to meet this Thursday with international humanitarian workers to figure out how to coordinate a response, Mathieu said.

The Famine Early Warning Systems Network, or FEWS NET, a U.S.-government financed program that tracks weather patterns, agricultural production and food prices in an effort to offset famine, describes worrisome conditions for Haiti's northeast.

Until last November, rainfall was evenly distributed in most of the country's crop-producing areas during production cycles. But a second rainy season that normally begins in August didn't begin until two to three weeks later, and northeastern Haiti received very little of that rainfall.

"People need jobs immediately but they also need food," Mathieu said.

The drought has also extended to other parts of the north, especially along the northwestern peninsula, FEWS NET reports. Farmers have had to travel farther to find drinking water.

The United Nations' World Food Program will send food rations this week for up to 120,000 people in the northwest, WFP spokesman Alejandro Lopez-Chicheri said. The kits consist of rice, beans and cooking oil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
@POTUS: Obama unveils new TWITTER account 30 min Yes-I do 5
who's responsible?..........................i g... 42 min 15 believe it 15 1
St Xavier Sex Scandal 1 hr Sandy 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr RoxLo 1,236,512
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr FastandFurious 189,897
abby 6-2 4 hr Kuuipo 17
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 6 hr Magic Utah Uwear 55
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]