Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 61049 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44107 Mar 9, 2014
denier wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's litesout his alter ego?
Your buddy lacks comprehension, a common occurrence with your cult.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44108 Mar 9, 2014
Awe.. now more confusion to rise. LOL.
denier

Zion, IL

#44109 Mar 9, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Your buddy lacks comprehension, a common occurrence with your cult.
For one I am in no cult for two lack of comprehension is on both sides me personally I believe in manmade greenhouse gas it's just been inevitable to get us to this point. But I don't buy globull warming this planet has been warming since the last iceage. I suppose you don't believe that when the earth performs it's wobble(a 26,000 year cycle) it wobbles one way and the north pole angles towards the sun and then wobbles away from the sun you ever take that into your one-way view of this issue? And I'm pretty sure we are angled towards right now!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44110 Mar 9, 2014
denier wrote:
<quoted text>
For one I am in no cult for two lack of comprehension is on both sides me personally I believe in manmade greenhouse gas it's just been inevitable to get us to this point. But I don't buy globull warming this planet has been warming since the last iceage. I suppose you don't believe that when the earth performs it's wobble(a 26,000 year cycle) it wobbles one way and the north pole angles towards the sun and then wobbles away from the sun you ever take that into your one-way view of this issue? And I'm pretty sure we are angled towards right now!
How sweet!

Sooo I just take your word for it.. and become a denier like you.. BWAHAHAHA
denier

Zion, IL

#44111 Mar 9, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>How sweet!
Sooo I just take your word for it.. and become a denier like you.. BWAHAHAHA
Sorry no charts or graphs look it up yourself
litesong

Everett, WA

#44112 Mar 9, 2014
litesout wrote:
I uncovered it's racist(but eddy-kated)self. Therefore it has unleashed proud and prosecutable threats against me, to prove that it's NOT a slimy steenking vile reprobate rooting(and rotting)racist pukey proud pig. it is eddy-matted and logical, all at the same time!
PHD came back........
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44113 Mar 9, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
PHD came back........
It can't do without this forum, hahahaha... especially, the dirt is wiped off.. and gord..

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#44114 Mar 9, 2014
denier wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a member of the cult of stupid.

Members of the cult of stupid repeat stupid ideas no matter how often it is pointed out to them exactly why they are stupid.

1) "Wobbles" in the Earth's orbit or attitude can be exactly calculated and they are not responsible for global warming.

2) The planet has not been warming since the last ice age. Warming at the end of the last ice age stopped 2000 years ago, during most of which time the Earth was actually cooling a bit, until the modern warming.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/ctl/images/hol...

"the green troll"

#44115 Mar 9, 2014
denier wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry no charts or graphs look it up yourself
It is common for members of the cult of stupid to post stupid claims, and when challenged to back them up, to tell the challenger to look it up himself, but denier/harmonious goes one step further: he is too stupid even to work out how to post links.
denier

Zion, IL

#44116 Mar 10, 2014
Ya here that it's your mom banging on the floor telling you too turn off that stupid computer and go to bed. She already took away your comic books you wanna loose the computer then what are you gonna do!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44117 Mar 10, 2014
Is tina back, too, with her signature misspellings?

Edward R. Murrow, 60 Years Ago: Those Who ‘Keep Silent’ Share ‘Responsibility For The Result’

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/03/09/3...
Professor Emeritus Fellow

Corona Del Mar, CA

#44118 Mar 10, 2014
BOULDER, Colo.— CALIFORNIA is now in the midst of the third year of one of its worst droughts on record. As our planet gradually warms from our rampant burning of fossil fuels, it’s only natural to wonder what role climate change has played in California’s troubles.

The answer is this: At present, the scientific evidence does not support an argument that the drought there is appreciably linked to human-induced climate change.

The drought has many attributes of historical droughts over that region — in particular, a lack of storms and rainfall that would normally arrive from the Pacific Ocean with considerable frequency. It resembles the droughts that afflicted the state in 1976 and 1977. Those years were at least as dry as the last two years have been for the state as a whole.
litesong

Everett, WA

#44120 Mar 10, 2014
denier wrote:
Judging by the ramblings made all the time I'd say it's the firewater, I heard meth makes you hide and peek out the windows!
The slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs are really coming out of the pig slime, now.

Ah, correction.
The slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs are NOT coming out of the pig slime.

Not original.......slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs will continue in the (not) original pig slime.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#44121 Mar 10, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>no, i was posting to you! was it THAT difficult for you to comprehend?
lol
To me, no. You were talking to yourself, again.

LOL.

http://offbeat.topix.com/story/10850-the-sesa...
Professor Emeritus Fellow

Corona Del Mar, CA

#44122 Mar 10, 2014
I finalized my weather projections. The trends are frightening.

In an unrelated matter, my scientific funding is running out. Would you guys and girls please send to me a penny and then double it for 30 days?

Day 1:$.01
Day 2:$.02
Day 3:$.04
Day 4:$.08
Day 5:$.16
Day 6:$.32
Day 7:$.64
Day 8:$1.28
Day 9:$2.56
Day 10:$5.12
Day 11:$10.24
Day 12:$20.48
Day 13:$40.96
Day 14:$81.92
Day 15:$163.84
Day 16:$327.68
Day 17:$655.36
Day 18:$1,310.72
Day 19:$2,621.44
Day 20:$5,242.88
Day 21:$10,485.76
Day 22:$20,971.52
Day 23:$41,943.04
Day 24:$83,886.08
Day 25:$167,772.16
Day 26:$335,544.32
Day 27:$671,088.64
Day 28:$1,342,177.28
Day 29:$2,684,354.56
Day 30:$5,368,709.12

"the green troll"

#44123 Mar 10, 2014
Professor Emeritus Fellow wrote:
The answer is this: At present, the scientific evidence does not support an argument that the drought there is appreciably linked to human-induced climate change.
Only if you ignore the evidence that warming has increased evaporation from the soil, and decreased the snowpack.
hands on AR

Zion, IL

#44125 Mar 10, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
The slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs are really coming out of the pig slime, now.
Ah, correction.
The slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs are NOT coming out of the pig slime.
Not original.......slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs will continue in the (not) original pig slime.

More ramblings by litesout!
SpaceBlues

United States

#44126 Mar 10, 2014
hands on AR wrote:
<quoted text>
More ramblings by litesout!
You missed the rant and rambling in the post before yours.

Oh it was within your cult membership, naturally.
litesong

Everett, WA

#44127 Mar 10, 2014
prof sneeritus raunchy fellow wrote:
my scientific funding is running out. Would you guys and girls please send to me a penny and then double it for 30 days?
Day 1:$.01
Day 2:$.02
Day 3:$.04
Day 4:$.08
Day 5:$.16
Day 6:$.32
Day 7:$.64
Day 8:$1.28
Donald Duck caught his uncle Scrooge, in the same mathematical snafu, back in the 60's. "prof sneeritus raunchy fellow" shows its mathematical depth is as thick as cartoon film.
hands on AR

Zion, IL

#44128 Mar 10, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You missed the rant and rambling in the post before yours.
Oh it was within your cult membership, naturally.

Talk about ramblings your al Gore cult and all the kool-aid drinkers can't come up with any charts or graphs from any other source other than .gov personally I don't buy there sh!t

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,419,203
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min 2all 222,526
Suboxone 1 hr Sick in Chicago 1
here we go - now i suppose we will see full cou... 1 hr Blood on his hands 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 103,456
last post wins! (Dec '10) 7 hr honeymylove 2,425
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 11 hr GEORGIA 1,938

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages