Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 54324 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43975 Mar 3, 2014
Lord Hater wrote:
<quoted text> All the ice that melts is fresh so salinity goes down and besides it will be under water remember.
Comprehension is important.

No point to continue with you.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#43977 Mar 3, 2014
QQ-Looking at U wrote:
The Al Gore Kul-aid drinkers are in support of Cap and Tax. The whole idea/concept is part of an effort for the government(s) to suck more money out of the people!
It amazes me how people from Iowa (for example) can stick there noises into the business (and life) of people in say West Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, etc.,(coal producing states) and tell them they cannot do mountain top removal.... which has never been defined. I suppose they would be upset if we requested they quit planting corn and allow 75% of the state to go back to the prairie grasses as they were 200 years ago!
If you lived in China right now and were choking to death, do you think people like the green movement would still be the villain. Most baggers can't grasp the concept of global much less what they do to contribute to it. You can bet your a$$ the Chinese who have now experienced all the dirty laundry the West sent to them to improve their life aren't too impressed right now. They threw away their bicycles and got into cars only to find they have gained a slow moving car park with a longer commute than it took to ride the bike.
Now they have no idea what a blue sky day looks like any more, for those digging up that coal etc and sending it to them those same blue sky days might just become less n less for them as well. The only trouble with that is, the rest of us have to suffer for your ignorance!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014...
Jamaal

Los Angeles, CA

#43978 Mar 3, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
The hottest year on record was 1934*
* in the lower 48 states of the continental U.S.
"Globally, 1934 is not the hottest year on record, not even close. Not even close; the ten hottest years on record have all occured since 1990. And #1 is still 2005 (according to GISS) or 1998 (according to HadCRU; it’s really a “statistical tie”)."
http://tamino.wordpress.com/2007/08/12/before...
My great-grandfather used to keep track of the temperatures back in the 1930's (before and after). He said the instrumentation was faulty (ie. broken thermometers). He and his co-workers would just guess at the temperatures and report them. They said it was "close enough for government work". He said he never would have guessed in a million years that people would be relying so much on the precise accuracy of those temperatures.

Sometimes they used the Draper thermometers.
denier

Gurnee, IL

#43979 Mar 3, 2014
OzDumb wrote:
<quoted text>
If you lived in China right now and were choking to death, do you think people like the green movement would still be the villain. Most baggers can't grasp the concept of global much less what they do to contribute to it. You can bet your a$$ the Chinese who have now experienced all the dirty laundry the West sent to them to improve their life aren't too impressed right now. They threw away their bicycles and got into cars only to find they have gained a slow moving car park with a longer commute than it took to ride the bike.
Now they have no idea what a blue sky day looks like any more, for those digging up that coal etc and sending it to them those same blue sky days might just become less n less for them as well. The only trouble with that is, the rest of us have to suffer for your ignorance!
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014...
Maybe you should go to China and inform them what their doing is bad for the globe ,see what they think !
drunk grampa

Gurnee, IL

#43980 Mar 3, 2014
Wasn't he a bit of a drinker to?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#43981 Mar 3, 2014
Ever wonder why warmies never bother with sock puppets, it seems those selling the conservative view "no change" love them.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#43982 Mar 3, 2014
Jamaal wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful about using some of the temperature data from the early 20th century. My grandfather's job was to record that data and he said the thermometers were always breaking or in the shade or sun or covered by leaves, etc. He said him and his co-workers would just guess at the numbers and say "it's close enough for government work". He also drank a bit. This was in the St. Louis and Cincinnati section.
Jamaal wrote:
<quoted text>
My great-grandfather used to keep track of the temperatures back in the 1930's (before and after). He said the instrumentation was faulty (ie. broken thermometers). He and his co-workers would just guess at the temperatures and report them. They said it was "close enough for government work". He said he never would have guessed in a million years that people would be relying so much on the precise accuracy of those temperatures.
Sometimes they used the Draper thermometers.
Make your mind up: grandfather or great-grandfather?
drunk grampa

Gurnee, IL

#43983 Mar 3, 2014
Either way he was drunk!
hands on AR

Gurnee, IL

#43984 Mar 4, 2014
You dang people want something to worry about ,Google cumbre vieja, now that's a real threat!
GLOBAL WARMING CHILL MAP

Monroe, NC

#43985 Mar 4, 2014
denier

Gurnee, IL

#43986 Mar 4, 2014
Gee thanks I didn't realize it was winter! Shoulda called it global warming cooling map, that would have been better!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43987 Mar 4, 2014
denier wrote:
Gee thanks I didn't realize it was winter! Shoulda called it global warming cooling map, that would have been better!
FAIL.

You did not realize the truth, duh.
denier

Gurnee, IL

#43988 Mar 4, 2014
Here's the real truth moron

www.globalresearch.ca/weather-warfare-beware-... - climatic-warfare/7561

I'm sure you can read?
denier

Gurnee, IL

#43989 Mar 4, 2014
Go to the search engine on the link above and type in weather warfare

"the green troll"

#43990 Mar 4, 2014
denier wrote:
Here's the real truth moron
www.globalresearch.ca/weather-warfare-beware-... - climatic-warfare/7561
I'm sure you can read?
harm on us is still having problems posting links.

"the green troll"

#43991 Mar 4, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
harm on us is still having problems posting links.
Yes, denier is a harmonious sock puppet: they both do the extra space before the punctuation mark thing.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43992 Mar 4, 2014
Brilliant as usual, Fair Game.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43993 Mar 4, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
Ever wonder why warmies never bother with sock puppets, it seems those selling the conservative view "no change" love them.
Yes, indeed.

Another symptom of the denier disease.
denier

Gurnee, IL

#43994 Mar 4, 2014
Did you even read it, there's scince ?
denier

Gurnee, IL

#43995 Mar 4, 2014
Where is oneear he would read it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Rex Spector 1,263,789
Truly evil folks 20 min Concern Citizen 5
News Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision (Jul '14) 30 min MyNameIsToby 75
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 100,284
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Justus von Liebig 194,598
Chicago One Direction concert on the 23rd! 2 hr Tristascottcom 1
Sasitorn boonsin 4 hr donna 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages