Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63595 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#43234 Feb 6, 2014
Retired Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
You may as well give up. I did.
The people who don't want to admit that humans putting all that CO2 back into the atmosphere that God worked for hundreds of millions of years to lock up in coal and petroleum can and will cause the climate to warm cannot be reasoned with. First, the religious ones refuse to admit that the CO2 in coal was ever in the air to begin with. They scoff, "Millions of years.... No way. The earth was created in six days in 4004 BC!" And science. That is irrelevant to them, because, as one told me, "Scientists don't believe in God and His creation, so their science is not valid."
Then there are the ones who have drunk the poison kool-aid put out by the likes of the Koch brothers, two filthy rich old men who want their fossil fuel energy companies to make them even richer.
And it doesn't really matter to either sort. I've had deniers from both camps tell me, "It doesn't really matter because we'll be dead before any real harm is done."
That's probably true, too. Future generations will look back from the devastation and privation that the world will be then and damn them, but... They're already dead.
Well future generations will look at all the debt created and will say the same."Dam them" we'll all be dead but the damage will already be done.They'll wonder why all you warmers drank the poison kool aid from Al Gore and say they got what they deserved.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43235 Feb 6, 2014
denier wrote:
No, no I took algera, sienc, math, pre calc, calc, and post calc Spanish ,social sudies ,and automaton mechanics +mk ultra!
hahahaha

Can't you find a scalar for CO2 in tons per day? LOL.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43236 Feb 6, 2014
denier wrote:
<quoted text>show me the chart that says 90 million tons?
Read my previous post, denier..

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#43237 Feb 6, 2014
denier wrote:
I like how they alter their charts to make it look so drastic ever notice that!
After globull warming failed they switched to AGW, the beauty of that is they can use it to explain anything or deny anything. And they do.

“you know i know”

denver

#43238 Feb 6, 2014
Retired Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who don't want to admit that humans putting all that CO2 back into the atmosphere that God worked for hundreds of millions of years to lock up in coal and petroleum can and will cause the climate to warm cannot be reasoned with. First, the religious ones refuse to admit that the CO2 in coal was ever in the air to begin with. They scoff, "Millions of years.... No way. The earth was created in six days in 4004 BC!" And science. That is irrelevant to them, because, as one told me, "Scientists don't believe in God and His creation, so their science is not valid."
Then there are the ones who have drunk the poison kool-aid put out by the likes of the Koch brothers, two filthy rich old men who want their fossil fuel energy companies to make them even richer.
And it doesn't really matter to either sort. I've had deniers from both camps tell me, "It doesn't really matter because we'll be dead before any real harm is done."
That's probably true, too. Future generations will look back from the devastation and privation that the world will be then and damn them, but... They're already dead.
Filthy? They don't bathe? Source?

I've seen a lot of filthy farmers, goes with the job.

“you know i know”

denver

#43239 Feb 6, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Read my previous post, denier..
Warmers are the deniers, wise up.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43240 Feb 6, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
After globull warming failed they switched to AGW, the beauty of that is they can use it to explain anything or deny anything. And they do.
Hey, this forum is global warming forum.

You must be in the wrong forum. AGW stands for anthropogenic global warming. Anthropogenic means caused by humans.

Your post is dumb.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43241 Feb 6, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Warmers are the deniers, wise up.
LOL. Read my previous post.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43242 Feb 6, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Filthy? They don't bathe? Source?
I've seen a lot of filthy farmers, goes with the job.
Etes-vous francais?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#43243 Feb 6, 2014
Professor Emeritus Fellow wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbest post ever. Capitalism is about wealth creation, not wealth distribution.
========
The 25-page report, written by Gates and his wife Melinda, who are co-chairs of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, argued that the world is a better place than it has even been before.
Gates predicted that by 2035, there would be almost no poor countries left in the world, using today's World Bank classification of low-income countries even after adjusting for inflation.
No one is arguing about 3rd world countries getting out of poverty. But unless the economic pie grows, capitalism cannot survive without it growing. Why don't you geniuses tell us how that can happen when all western countries are in negative population growth rates. Besides how do you keep building the pyramid and maintain the environment. Because if the economic pie does not grow that means your share becomes less and less especially if you are sharing that wealth offshore. That is exactly why the 1% er's exist, in the 60's 70% of the American population owned all the wealth of the country. That has eroded to next to nothing for the bulk of the population. Capitalism is the ultimate pyramid scheme, google that line and see what you come up with. Then explain to us how this trickle down stuff works and then you just might get a better understanding of how complex global warming is.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#43245 Feb 7, 2014
Have you found an experiment for climae change mitigation yet?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#43246 Feb 7, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is arguing about 3rd world countries getting out of poverty. But unless the economic pie grows, capitalism cannot survive without it growing. Why don't you geniuses tell us how that can happen when all western countries are in negative population growth rates. Besides how do you keep building the pyramid and maintain the environment. Because if the economic pie does not grow that means your share becomes less and less especially if you are sharing that wealth offshore. That is exactly why the 1% er's exist, in the 60's 70% of the American population owned all the wealth of the country. That has eroded to next to nothing for the bulk of the population. Capitalism is the ultimate pyramid scheme, google that line and see what you come up with. Then explain to us how this trickle down stuff works and then you just might get a better understanding of how complex global warming is.
Social security?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#43247 Feb 7, 2014
Retired Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst thing is they have the chutzpah to play the victim while they're alive.
litesong

Everett, WA

#43248 Feb 7, 2014
harmonious wrote:
After globull warming failed they switched to AGW.......
In 2002 Frank Luntz, advisor to re-pubic-lick-uns, told candidates to use AGW & climate change, to make them more electable.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#43249 Feb 7, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
**poof**

More CO2 into the atmosphere by a global warming hypocrite attempting to be relevant.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#43250 Feb 7, 2014
flack wrote:
'They treat unbelievably tiny differences in temperature that exist only as a statistical artifact as if they told us something! For instance they contrast the 2013 anomaly of .62C with 2010, which is .66C. The difference is only 4 hundredths of one degree Celsius!'--'NOAA also has 2013 as the 4th warmest year, at 0.62 deg C above the global 20th century average of 13.9 deg C. Note that only 0.09 deg C [nine hundredths of one degree] separates their top ten warmest years.'-'Is there any point at which they would concede that a difference is too small to be taken seriously? Thousandths of one degree? Millionths of one degree? Medieval theologians used to debate how many angels could dance on the head of a pin. Theology is alive and well among Warmists!'
OK, genius, now calculate how much energy it took to raise the WHOLE OF THE EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE that .62C (1 degree F).

Tell us how miniscule that is.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43251 Feb 7, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
**poof**
More CO2 into the atmosphere by a global warming hypocrite attempting to be relevant.
POH that's all you can do to be relevant because you fail to follow science matters.

Are you back from a rip? LOL.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#43252 Feb 7, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Have you found an experiment for climae change mitigation yet?
If it was up your ass, you could find it.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#43253 Feb 7, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
"global warming"

AGW, "anthropogenic global warming"

Confused much?

I see you took my advice and corrected your bad Latin....

When will you learn a little science?
denier

Zion, IL

#43254 Feb 7, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was up your ass, you could find it.
Aw is somone getting angry no one believes him but litestick and space cadet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Cheech the Conser... 1,510,606
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 9 min Into The Night 8,095
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min NotSoDivineMsM 239,751
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr honeymylove 2,387
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr honeymylove 3,064
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr RACE 105,075
Obama has LEAK under sink. 16 hr TruePlumberTroy 43

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages