Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 2,025)

Showing posts 40,481 - 40,500 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
I agree with you. SpaceBlues...... stop correcting their dismal spelling. Let them be as miserably uneducated as they have chosen to be.
//////////
SpaceBlues wrote:
hahahahaha you did not say please..
//////////
litesong wrote:
Please.......with sprinkles of touched, toxic topix denier data cherry-picked points on it.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
I agree with you. SpaceBlues...... stop correcting their dismal spelling. Let them be as miserably uneducated as they have chosen to be.
//////////
SpaceBlues wrote:
//////////
litesong wrote:
Please.......with sprinkles of touched, toxic topix denier data cherry-picked points on it.
litethong, you are one of my best minions, You are dumb but keep trying. I like that. Thanks, Al.
denier

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
A typical conviction among those who didn't get science: those dumb smart guys who do are fooling themselves with their over thinking, believing two different facts at the same time, proving nonsense with their equations, insisting on things that common sense say can't be true.
A self defence mechanism of the ego.
A lifetime of success in life reinforces this belief: I made a career, built a business, fixed things, made things: I really am smart, I survived, I prospered, I built, while those dumb smart guys are still jerking off over their meaningless equations.
Then global warming deniers come along and say global warming is a hoax, the scientists have got it wrong, the equations are made of smoke, they haven't looked at the real world.
And the people who don't get science think to themselves, I was right all along, those so called smart guys really are dumb, common sense told me all along, I really am smart!
It's a no lose situation: if global warming does turn out to be a hoax, they will have proved how smart they really are, and eased the feelings of indignity at school room incomprehension all those years ago.
And if AGW is real and the scientists are right, hell it's a problem they don't have to face, they'll be dead by then.
Dumb as not understanding how the world works, all the time they'd convinced themselves that they were the ones who really understood how the world works.
Still, that realisation frightens people who don't get science, and they don't want other people to see it. They are desperate for other people not to see it.
Which is why rightupthemiddle and all his sock puppets, and koolaid and all his sock puppets spend so much time trying to keep alive the hope that scientists are dumb and they are smart.
what makes you think well all be dead and you wont?
denier

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
He? You mean you.
One of your sock puppets.
You could be wrong?
So you don't know who you are any more?
Doesn't surprise me.
I got six sock puppets at least I don't have al Gore's arm up my a$$ like you puppets
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
//////////
SpaceBlues wrote:
//////////
litesong wrote:
Wow.. that's a lot.

OK... but can those deniers really learn anything from these graphs?

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observati...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>To another poster:

He? You mean you.
One of your sock puppets.
You could be wrong?
So you don't know who you are any more?
Doesn't surprise me.
hahahaha very funny..

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Here is some help for our uninformed friends.
https://www.edx.org/course/mitx/mitx-12-340x-...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Here is some help for our uninformed friends.
https://www.edx.org/course/mitx/mitx-12-340x-...
Prerequisites

Some college-level mathematics (calculus, including ordinary differential equations) and physics (electromagnetism, mechanics) as well as high-school chemistry are required. Beyond these requirements, familiarity with the concept of a partial differential equation and some knowledge of basic thermodynamics will be helpful, but not essential; extra readings will be available for students unfamiliar with the concepts.

Message to litesong: you are correct when you talk about at least some of the deniers..
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

One more point.. Enlist Lindzen in this course, MIT guys.. His education must be local..

http://www.skepticalscience.com/Lindzen_Illus...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

denier wrote:
<quoted text> To another poster:

what makes you think well all be dead and you wont?
You are too funny.. and irresponsible.
truth facts

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

denier wrote:
<quoted text> what makes you think well all be dead and you wont?
Because it sprinkled fairy dust on it's self and won't be effected.
truth facts

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

denier wrote:
<quoted text>I got six sock puppets at least I don't have al Gore's arm up my a$$ like you puppets
HeHeHeHe now that was funny.
denier

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

You dam warmies realize scince is what supposedly got us into your supposed global warming mess, the scince of steel production, the science of combustion engines ,the science of power production ,the scince of global communication, and I don't need to continue you know, so it's gonna take more than some hacked graph from the supposed creaters of this crap to pursuade us , so copy and paste your intelligence some more call us some names tell us were uneducated we've heard it before and well hear it again
gcaveman1

Forest, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
That turns out to be not the case, CavePerson. This is the SPOT price. The price on the 'auction block' for the 'last kilowatts' from whomever can supply it to meet demand.
BASELOAD power is down under a dime but if you are 50 kw short, you will pay MUCHO DINEROs for that last little bit. This is what ENRON did in California. Gamed the spot market by shutting down capacity to make a 'shortfall' then selling at big bucks on the spot market to start them up again.
Even in good times, you find spot prices in the $50 per kwh range. And that all gets lumped together in the retail price. A small amount of very expensive power with a large amount of cheap power. One reason that the 'coal vs solar' cost comparison is apples and oranges.
I saw the spot notation and understood it, but I still couldn't believe it!
gcaveman1

Forest, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

denier wrote:
You dam warmies realize scince is what supposedly got us into your supposed global warming mess, the scince of steel production, the science of combustion engines ,the science of power production ,the scince of global communication, and I don't need to continue you know, so it's gonna take more than some hacked graph from the supposed creaters of this crap to pursuade us , so copy and paste your intelligence some more call us some names tell us were uneducated we've heard it before and well hear it again
Your spelling is atrocious but I welcome you as a fellow Luddite.

Kill the scientists!

Shut down the labs!

Destroy the Machine!

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your spelling is atrocious but I welcome you as a fellow Luddite.
Kill the scientists!
Shut down the labs!
Destroy the Machine!
from where I stand that's exactly what your backward minded crowd promotes
test

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

test
Ggbbfhgfg

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Decota Dunn Jonathan berry just busted in stolen car.
denier

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are too funny.. and irresponsible.
trust me I know I'm funny ,but you wanna talk responsibility I'm a foreman for a crew of CIPP installers that travel around the country repairing failing infrastructure but thanks to my smart phone and WiFi I can still enjoy Topix any time I wish.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

As most deniers on here seem to be addicted to simple answer for every problem then complex solutions for a complex world doesn't hold up in your fantasy land of "Pleasantville"
That's why the climate change warning is just too hard to take in, because it is so damn complex, it's just easier to dismiss it as a non issue.
For instance the stock market took a hiding today based on what most analysts say the cause is weather. The US big freeze has stopped people from spending and manufacturing is also down due to the same reason. Now in your simple world Climate change does not fit into this equation, its a non issue UNTIL someone breaks it down to dollar & cents value. Then you have this dilemma of making choices to either do something about it or put all your money on one horse(do nothing) and let it ride. Because in real terms by doing nothing you have NO idea how much this will cost you personally and the country in the long term. Which is precisely why those in the know keep ranting on about it, including the President.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,481 - 40,500 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min ritedownthemiddle 1,078,049
Amy 7-22 7 min Kuuipo 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,421
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 26 min andet1987 452
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 29 min TRD 67,840
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 1 hr APPRECIATIATATER SPUD 8
Is Ebay's 21-Day Hold on Sellers' PAYPAL Funds ... (Apr '13) 1 hr hold this 25
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 2:51PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••