Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63591 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

truth facts

Delaware, OH

#43086 Feb 1, 2014
warmie wrote:
I'm smart your not and your stupid! All you deniers are dum you'll never amount to anything go back to skule and git ur geds study sience and math and cal and Algeria so when you wanna no something I'll tell you, or ask lightstick he just became the 2 warmy to admit he made it to 11th grade. All you deniers grab some sunblock your gonna need it
The problem is you progressives have been indoctrinated into believing your above everyone else.With your elitist attitudes you think your better than everyone.Not a one of you could survive if you were the last person on earth.You have zero common sense.You have no real survival skills.All you have is what you been indoctrinated with by your "sience" and as far as sun block,I'd love to be able to put some sun block on and go fishing,problem is the lake behind me is covered with some strange white substance and is solid.Wait a minute,that's ice.That's not supposed to happen we are under attack by global warming.Geez I guess mother nature didn't get the warmest memo.LOL,bunch of dam Morons.
truth facts

Delaware, OH

#43087 Feb 1, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. SpaceBlues...... stop correcting their dismal spelling. Let them be as miserably uneducated as they have chosen to be.
Look everyone the elitist a$$ wipe.
denier

Zion, IL

#43088 Feb 1, 2014
truth facts wrote:
<quoted text>The problem is you progressives have been indoctrinated into believing your above everyone else.With your elitist attitudes you think your better than everyone.Not a one of you could survive if you were the last person on earth.You have zero common sense.You have no real survival skills.All you have is what you been indoctrinated with by your "sience" and as far as sun block,I'd love to be able to put some sun block on and go fishing,problem is the lake behind me is covered with some strange white substance and is solid.Wait a minute,that's ice.That's not supposed to happen we are under attack by global warming.Geez I guess mother nature didn't get the warmest memo.LOL,bunch of dam Morons.
I'm pretty sure he was makin fun of warmies but I could be wrong

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#43089 Feb 1, 2014
denier wrote:
<quoted text> I'm pretty sure he was makin fun of warmies but I could be wrong
He? You mean you.

One of your sock puppets.

You could be wrong?

So you don't know who you are any more?

Doesn't surprise me.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#43090 Feb 1, 2014
truth facts wrote:
<quoted text>The problem is you progressives have been indoctrinated into believing your above everyone else.With your elitist attitudes you think your better than everyone.Not a one of you could survive if you were the last person on earth.You have zero common sense.You have no real survival skills.All you have is what you been indoctrinated with by your "sience" and as far as sun block,I'd love to be able to put some sun block on and go fishing,problem is the lake behind me is covered with some strange white substance and is solid.Wait a minute,that's ice.That's not supposed to happen we are under attack by global warming.Geez I guess mother nature didn't get the warmest memo.LOL,bunch of dam Morons.
A typical conviction among those who didn't get science: those dumb smart guys who do are fooling themselves with their over thinking, believing two different facts at the same time, proving nonsense with their equations, insisting on things that common sense say can't be true.

A self defence mechanism of the ego.

A lifetime of success in life reinforces this belief: I made a career, built a business, fixed things, made things: I really am smart, I survived, I prospered, I built, while those dumb smart guys are still jerking off over their meaningless equations.

Then global warming deniers come along and say global warming is a hoax, the scientists have got it wrong, the equations are made of smoke, they haven't looked at the real world.

And the people who don't get science think to themselves, I was right all along, those so called smart guys really are dumb, common sense told me all along, I really am smart!

It's a no lose situation: if global warming does turn out to be a hoax, they will have proved how smart they really are, and eased the feelings of indignity at school room incomprehension all those years ago.

And if AGW is real and the scientists are right, hell it's a problem they don't have to face, they'll be dead by then.

Dumb as not understanding how the world works, all the time they'd convinced themselves that they were the ones who really understood how the world works.

Still, that realisation frightens people who don't get science, and they don't want other people to see it. They are desperate for other people not to see it.

Which is why rightupthemiddle and all his sock puppets, and koolaid and all his sock puppets spend so much time trying to keep alive the hope that scientists are dumb and they are smart.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#43091 Feb 1, 2014
Yes those deniers think they are on a winner because they all be dead by the time the results are in. Well by continuing to stall as much as possible on emissions especially with political impass at congress level. Then the bad new is they just might get to reap the benefits of all that stalling before they die. Nice little things that hit them where it hurts, higher food prices, higher insurance costs or no insurance at all. Increase in taxes to pay for all the damaged infrastructure. They just may not get to pass that onto their kids.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#43092 Feb 1, 2014
A description of the causes of the end of industrial civilization.

http://phys.org/news/2014-01-human-global-cer...
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#43093 Feb 1, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
Yes those deniers think they are on a winner because they all be dead by the time the results are in. Well by continuing to stall as much as possible on emissions especially with political impass at congress level. Then the bad new is they just might get to reap the benefits of all that stalling before they die. Nice little things that hit them where it hurts, higher food prices, higher insurance costs or no insurance at all. Increase in taxes to pay for all the damaged infrastructure. They just may not get to pass that onto their kids.
Half the fruits, nuts and vegetables produced in the United States come from California.

California is running out of water.

The price of your fruits, nuts, and vegetables WILL go up. Soon.

The price will likely stay up. If almond trees and citrus die, it takes years to replace them with mature trees. But if the California climate remains damaged, those trees will never be successful.

Two or three cents more for this fruit, ten cents more for that bag of nuts; pretty soon your budget is impacted, and you either cut back somewhere else or you drop it from your diet. This is Brian's "adaptation". They talk about not giving up their ICE's for some dumb electric car, but what about gradually losing your choices at the supermarket?

Didn't see that coming, did you, deniers?

Adaptation ain't for sissies.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#43094 Feb 1, 2014
And stuff we get from Brazil will be affected, too. There's no place that won't be affected. That's why it's called global.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/01/us-...

$326.50 per kilowatt-hour? That can't be right! Gotta be a typo. More like $0.16.
Hot coed babe

Fullerton, CA

#43095 Feb 1, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Half the fruits, nuts and vegetables produced in the United States come from California.
California is running out of water.
The price of your fruits, nuts, and vegetables WILL go up. Soon.
The price will likely stay up. If almond trees and citrus die, it takes years to replace them with mature trees. But if the California climate remains damaged, those trees will never be successful.
Two or three cents more for this fruit, ten cents more for that bag of nuts; pretty soon your budget is impacted, and you either cut back somewhere else or you drop it from your diet. This is Brian's "adaptation". They talk about not giving up their ICE's for some dumb electric car, but what about gradually losing your choices at the supermarket?
Didn't see that coming, did you, deniers?
Adaptation ain't for sissies.
You forgot about the cotton crop. We're all going to have to go naked and parteh!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#43096 Feb 1, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
$326.50 per kilowatt-hour? That can't be right! Gotta be a typo. More like $0.16.
That turns out to be not the case, CavePerson. This is the SPOT price. The price on the 'auction block' for the 'last kilowatts' from whomever can supply it to meet demand.

BASELOAD power is down under a dime but if you are 50 kw short, you will pay MUCHO DINEROs for that last little bit. This is what ENRON did in California. Gamed the spot market by shutting down capacity to make a 'shortfall' then selling at big bucks on the spot market to start them up again.

Even in good times, you find spot prices in the $50 per kwh range. And that all gets lumped together in the retail price. A small amount of very expensive power with a large amount of cheap power. One reason that the 'coal vs solar' cost comparison is apples and oranges.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#43097 Feb 1, 2014
I am so glad George Soros, Warren Buffet, Marc Lasry and I, all rich pals of the left have invested secretly in coal since its making a comeback, god we are going to clean up. You moronic minions of ours keep up the good work of preaching the agw bs, Im still making a killing on it. Now get to work you fools. Im laughing all the way to the bank.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#43098 Feb 1, 2014
Desperate Warmist wrote:
I am so glad George Soros, Warren Buffet, Marc Lasry and I, all rich pals of the left have invested secretly in coal since its making a comeback, god we are going to clean up. You moronic minions of ours keep up the good work of preaching the agw bs, Im still making a killing on it. Now get to work you fools. Im laughing all the way to the bank.
Gee, last time i looked coal price has been going down for the last 2 years. Are you trying to talk the market up or try and emulate Buffet by buying in at the bottom. After all unless technology comes up with a clean way to burn it, then its still a doomed industry.
litesong

Everett, WA

#43099 Feb 1, 2014
litesong wrote:
I agree with you. SpaceBlues...... stop correcting their dismal spelling. Let them be as miserably uneducated as they have chosen to be.
//////////
SpaceBlues wrote:
hahahahaha you did not say please..
//////////
litesong wrote:
Please.......with sprinkles of touched, toxic topix denier data cherry-picked points on it.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#43100 Feb 2, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
//////////
SpaceBlues wrote:
//////////
litesong wrote:
Please.......with sprinkles of touched, toxic topix denier data cherry-picked points on it.
litethong, you are one of my best minions, You are dumb but keep trying. I like that. Thanks, Al.
denier

Zion, IL

#43101 Feb 2, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
A typical conviction among those who didn't get science: those dumb smart guys who do are fooling themselves with their over thinking, believing two different facts at the same time, proving nonsense with their equations, insisting on things that common sense say can't be true.
A self defence mechanism of the ego.
A lifetime of success in life reinforces this belief: I made a career, built a business, fixed things, made things: I really am smart, I survived, I prospered, I built, while those dumb smart guys are still jerking off over their meaningless equations.
Then global warming deniers come along and say global warming is a hoax, the scientists have got it wrong, the equations are made of smoke, they haven't looked at the real world.
And the people who don't get science think to themselves, I was right all along, those so called smart guys really are dumb, common sense told me all along, I really am smart!
It's a no lose situation: if global warming does turn out to be a hoax, they will have proved how smart they really are, and eased the feelings of indignity at school room incomprehension all those years ago.
And if AGW is real and the scientists are right, hell it's a problem they don't have to face, they'll be dead by then.
Dumb as not understanding how the world works, all the time they'd convinced themselves that they were the ones who really understood how the world works.
Still, that realisation frightens people who don't get science, and they don't want other people to see it. They are desperate for other people not to see it.
Which is why rightupthemiddle and all his sock puppets, and koolaid and all his sock puppets spend so much time trying to keep alive the hope that scientists are dumb and they are smart.
what makes you think well all be dead and you wont?
denier

Zion, IL

#43102 Feb 2, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
He? You mean you.
You could be wrong?
Doesn't surprise me.
I got six sock puppets at least I don't have al Gore's arm up my a$$ like you puppets
SpaceBlues

United States

#43103 Feb 2, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
//////////
SpaceBlues wrote:
//////////
litesong wrote:
Wow.. that's a lot.

OK... but can those deniers really learn anything from these graphs?

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observati...
SpaceBlues

United States

#43104 Feb 2, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>To another poster:

He? You mean you.
You could be wrong?
Doesn't surprise me.
hahahaha very funny..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#43105 Feb 2, 2014
Here is some help for our uninformed friends.
https://www.edx.org/course/mitx/mitx-12-340x-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 36 min VetnorsGate 1,510,356
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 52 min Dr Guru 239,660
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,383
White country boys know how to shoot! 3 hr They cannot kill ... 6
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 3 hr not a mental cripple 8,083
News Northeastern Illinois: Jarrett to give commence... 4 hr They cannot kill ... 1
last post wins! (Dec '10) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 3,057

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages