Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63543 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

denier

Zion, IL

#43063 Jan 31, 2014
Seems to be winters here are cold and snowy and though I've never been to Russia I know it is also cold and snowy
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#43064 Jan 31, 2014
-Sprocket- wrote:
The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.
Al "mother earth" Gore
SpaceBlues

United States

#43065 Jan 31, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Al "mother earth" Gore
Double ignorance.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#43066 Jan 31, 2014
litesong wrote:
"false farts" fluffs:
1918 snowiest January in chicago 1979 second snowiest January 2014 third snowiest January where's the scince morons?
//////////
denier dropped:
1918 snowiest January in chicago 1979 second snowiest January 2014 third snowiest January where's the scince morons?
Cincy 5th snowiest Jan on record.Mother nature rules,
//////////
litesong wrote:
But the reason its cold & snowy where you guys are:
AGW enhanced warm fronts push hard into the high Arctic NP, with temperatures that have been over temperature for 140 days. A few days ago, while International Falls, Minnesota was -41degF, the high Arctic above the 80th parallel averaged 11defC(20 degF) over its normal. The warm fronts strongly pushed Arctic cold unto Canada & the U.S.
In 2009 Arctic sea ice quantity melted in January with temperatures 14degC over the average, while the warm fronts pushed Arctic cold south AND Maine set its all-time recorded low temperature of -50degF.
Arctic sea ice extent, 13,511,482 km2(January 28, 2014), the day's loss, Maryland-sized, due to wide spread AGW enhanced Arctic warming & sweeping Arctic cold southward. Warm fronts push into the high Arctic, average temperature above the 80th parallel to -17degC., 12degC(22degF) over average, its highest for the last month, which has been well over average, anyhow. The warm fronts flush much Arctic cold south, MAGADAN, RUSSIA, home of 100,000 people at -41degC(-42degF) & to the U.S.
You quacks never give up,do you?No one but you kooks care.No one.You'll have to dig way down deep in the bottom of your barrell,oops,the bottom of your hocus pocus book and cast a spell on the non-believers.If that doesn't work call 1-800-crazies they can fix your disorder.
litesong

Everett, WA

#43067 Jan 31, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Global includes the frigid US and the scorched Australia.
Global includes the NP, also, which has had AGW enhanced warm fronts raising Arctic temperatures as much as 20 degF over normal, & flushing Arctic cold fronts onto eastern Siberia, Canada, the U.S......... & even causing snow in Africa.
SpaceBlues

United States

#43068 Jan 31, 2014
-Sprocket- wrote:
Right on.

"Deniers" in this forum call themselves "skeptics" when they are utterly and merely ignorant.
litesong

Everett, WA

#43069 Jan 31, 2014
-sprunked- wrote:
You never should have rejected those classes in science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in your poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
SpaceBlues

United States

#43070 Jan 31, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>? Who is we?
If you're talking about yourself and limpsong.....I can only hope you two will eventually grow a pair.
But then again....you both behave like little girls.
Lol
LOL, You wrote "we'll," remember, mental midget.

You tell us who's we.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#43071 Jan 31, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, You wrote "we'll," remember, mental midget.
You tell us who's we.
Space nuts is a spelling nazi.
litesong

Everett, WA

#43072 Jan 31, 2014
false farts wrote:
.....No one......care.
Correction:
Almost no one, who is re-pubic-lick-un & has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, cares about AGW.

“Happily Retired ”

Since: Jan 14

Magicville

#43073 Jan 31, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You never should have rejected those classes in science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in your poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
Ignorance can be bliss... In your case ignorance is just in the family gene..
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43074 Jan 31, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Space nuts is a spelling nazi.
You posted "no one care."

hahaha tf aka ff fails..
denier

Zion, IL

#43077 Jan 31, 2014
When warmies get backed into the corner they start calling names and claiming how smart they are!
litesong

Everett, WA

#43078 Feb 1, 2014
false farts wrote:
SpaceBlues is a spelling nazi.
I agree with you. SpaceBlues...... stop correcting their dismal spelling. Let them be as miserably uneducated as they have chosen to be.
litesong

Everett, WA

#43079 Feb 1, 2014
litesong wrote:
//////////
"sprunked" spilled:
Ignorance can be bliss...
//////////
litesong wrote:
"sprunked" just became the 10th touched toxic topix AGW denier to admit it doesn't have a hi skule DEE-plooomaa.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#43080 Feb 1, 2014
My grandchildren will look at me and ask, what did you do about carbon pollution? I'll tell them, you're so lucky; when I was a child taking a bath, water chilled unless I turned on the hot water tap...

Your children won't have to waste hot water to keep the tub warm because I did! We voted those climate fools out of office November and never looked back!
warmie

Zion, IL

#43081 Feb 1, 2014
I'm smart your not and your stupid! All you deniers are dum you'll never amount to anything go back to skule and git ur geds study sience and math and cal and Algeria so when you wanna no something I'll tell you, or ask lightstick he just became the 2 warmy to admit he made it to 11th grade. All you deniers grab some sunblock your gonna need it
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43082 Feb 1, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. SpaceBlues...... stop correcting their dismal spelling. Let them be as miserably uneducated as they have chosen to be.
hahahahaha you did not say please..
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#43083 Feb 1, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
My grandchildren will look at me and ask, what did you do about carbon pollution? I'll tell them, you're so lucky; when I was a child taking a bath, water chilled unless I turned on the hot water tap...
Your children won't have to waste hot water to keep the tub warm because I did! We voted those climate fools out of office November and never looked back!
I can't follow your reasoning but I don't think that's my fault.

Could be because you live in a schizophrenic fantasy world.
SpaceBlues

United States

#43084 Feb 1, 2014
Reasoning misses b_gone 100% of the time! It just wants the business as usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 59 min Julia 1,507,796
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Coffee Party 239,228
News Chicago had a record year of dog poop complaints 7 hr Trump is the man 1
Trumps travel ban discussion 7 hr The truth is out ... 1
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 9 hr Trekkie 38
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr SweLL GirL 10,490
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 10 hr Seer 8,064

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages