Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 2,014)

Showing posts 40,261 - 40,280 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Climate Change Witch.
Judith Curry?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/13/art...

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Lord Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the point.
Try again.
No I didn't miss anything.

Global Warming is a lie.

You're a tool.

The End
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

dbunker wrote:
......the global cooling thing you started in the 70's, out of the cubbards you boys and girls....
The only thing "dbunker" can debunk is when it falls out of its upper bunk, like boys & girls. As for the 70's, 44 Science Papers were published on global warming, & only 7 papers were written on global cooling. "dbunker" stayed in the cupboard instead of taking science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

spaced cowfart wrote:
I didn't miss anything.
You missed science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in your poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

liteshit wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in your poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
Don't need all that stuff to know that Global Warming is a lie.

Just need to go outside.

The more you run you climate change idiots run your pieholes, the colder it gets.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't miss anything.
Global Warming is a lie.
You're a tool.
The End
You still got it wrong.
You got global warming is a lie right though.
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Save the planet.......Burn a liberal!
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
//////////
"spaced cowfart" fluffed:
Don't need ALL that stuff to know that Global Warming is a lie.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Ah, the ninth touched toxic topix AGW denier admits to no hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't need all that stuff to know that Global Warming is a lie.
Just need to go outside.
The more you run you climate change idiots run your pieholes, the colder it gets.
Please explain this lie.

How is it that thousands of people are perpetrating this lie? For what purpose would it benefit all of them? Why is there not one or a hundred of these co-conspirators are exposing the methodology of this lie?

You are obviously not using logic to reach your conclusions, but politics. Did you know that it was 120 degrees on the other side of the world and, by your reasoning, if you were there and went outside, you would say that global warming is real?

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
//////////
"spaced cowfart" fluffed:
Don't need ALL that stuff to know that Global Warming is a lie.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Ah, the ninth touched toxic topix AGW denier admits to no hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
It's DIPLOMA.

And I have more than a couple of them.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain this lie.
How is it that thousands of people are perpetrating this lie? For what purpose would it benefit all of them? Why is there not one or a hundred of these co-conspirators are exposing the methodology of this lie?
You are obviously not using logic to reach your conclusions, but politics. Did you know that it was 120 degrees on the other side of the world and, by your reasoning, if you were there and went outside, you would say that global warming is real?
Explain the lie.....

Media. You probably thought you were gonna be able to keep your heathcare too, didn't you?

Where on the other side of the world is it 120 degress? Africa? China? Saudi Arabia? Russia?

I'm sure its very hot at the equator right now.

If you went outside almost anywhere in this country today,would you say Global Warming is real?

Well, YOU probably would. Now that we have the made-up phrase "Polar Vortex"

It's so cold, because it's so hot......Please.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

heavy tune wrote:
<quoted text>oh 'cowboy', you probably never got as many gold stars or awards as 'litesong', they probably never mentioned how special you were either.
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/01/22/spirito...
He's obviously very, very smart.

Just ask him.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain the lie.....
Media. You probably thought you were gonna be able to keep your heathcare too, didn't you?
Where on the other side of the world is it 120 degress? Africa? China? Saudi Arabia? Russia?
If you went outside almost anywhere in this country today,would you say Global Warming is real?
It still doesn't sink in with your deniers, the brain just can't fight the senses and come up with logic.

"It became so hot that the Australian Open tennis competition had play stopped after players collapsed and hallucinated cartoon characters.
Climate change is causing heatwaves in Australia to become more frequent, last longer and to be hotter, according to a Climate Council report:

"As greenhouse gases continue to accumulate in the atmosphere from the burning of fossil fuels, more heat is trapped in the lower atmosphere," the report states. "This increases the likelihood that hot weather will occur and that heatwaves will become longer and more intense.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/southe...

What about South Africa:
Cape Town - The SA Weather Service has classified the current heatwave being experienced by parts of South Africa as "extreme", and has warned that it is set to persist until Sunday.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Extrem...

So what next Australia mass migrate to the cold of the US during their summer ? What about New Zealand or South Africa , do you have room for them too.

If the US electric grid gets to experience those sorts of summers that go for a prolonged period there would be blackouts everywhere. You should be praising people like caveman who put up solar panels or wind turbines to take load off the grid. Because to design a elec grid to handle those peaks would cost Billion$ more than what you are paying now.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
It still doesn't sink in with your deniers, the brain just can't fight the senses and come up with logic.
"It became so hot that the Australian Open tennis competition had play stopped after players collapsed and hallucinated cartoon characters.
Climate change is causing heatwaves in Australia to become more frequent, last longer and to be hotter, according to a Climate Council report:
"As greenhouse gases continue to accumulate in the atmosphere from the burning of fossil fuels, more heat is trapped in the lower atmosphere," the report states. "This increases the likelihood that hot weather will occur and that heatwaves will become longer and more intense.
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/southe...
What about South Africa:
Cape Town - The SA Weather Service has classified the current heatwave being experienced by parts of South Africa as "extreme", and has warned that it is set to persist until Sunday.
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Extrem...
So what next Australia mass migrate to the cold of the US during their summer ? What about New Zealand or South Africa , do you have room for them too.
If the US electric grid gets to experience those sorts of summers that go for a prolonged period there would be blackouts everywhere. You should be praising people like caveman who put up solar panels or wind turbines to take load off the grid. Because to design a elec grid to handle those peaks would cost Billion$ more than what you are paying now.
Human Beings or Governments will not ever be able to control Mother Nature.

No matter how much money is thrown at your imaginary problem.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Human Beings or Governments will not ever be able to control Mother Nature.
No matter how much money is thrown at your imaginary problem.
Even when science says if nothing else, at least we can stop Mother Nature giving us the finger, you declare it's not possible. On what basis to you come up with that conclusion ? What scientific evidence do you have that tells us we can smoke as many cigarettes as we like and it won't matter, or drink as much soda as you please and you will still be healthy, or keep the lead in gas because my old pickup pings and throw as much CO2 into the atmosphere as you like it won't change anything. Tell us how you come up with these genius statements that not only defy science they also defy common sense logic.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain the lie.....
So the media is monolithic? The media in the US, in France, in Russia, Brazil, in Japan, in China, all tell the same story, all have the same goal? Damn, next you'll be telling us that world peace is at hand!
Other side of the world? Try Australia. For someone who gives so much weight to media, it would seem you don't own a TV or radio.
Southern California was about 12 degrees above normal today. That's warm.
And I guess you missed Al Roker owning Rush Limburger when he showed the world the glossary from his 1959 college meteorology book. Yep, there it was, from 55 years ago, the newly made-up phrase "Polar Vortex".
Speaking of going outside, you need to stay inside and study, kid. Catch up, watch some media.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

heavy tune wrote:
<quoted text>oh my 'cave', you should check and see if there is any free taxpayers grant money you can harvest of that. everyone is doing it these days. just don't let your vast logic get you stuck in the ice, they are still trying to figure out how to pay for the rescue of the last group of loons.
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/01/20/austral...
OH MY,'LOONY TUNE' you're still drinking Watts' kool-aide.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

Judged:

"I have brought my previous study up-to-date by reviewing peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals over the period from Nov. 12, 2012 through December 31, 2013. I found 2,258 articles, written by a total of 9,136 authors. Only one article, by a single author in the Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences, rejected man-made global warming. "

"My previous study, of the peer-reviewed literature from 1991 through Nov. 12, 2012, found 13,950 articles on “global warming” or “global climate change.” Of those, I judged that only 24 explicitly rejected the theory of man-made global warming. "

James Lawrence Powell.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Judged:

NASA scientists say 2013 tied with 2009 and 2006 for the seventh warmest year since 1880, continuing a long-term trend of rising global temperatures.

With the exception of 1998, the 10 warmest years in the 134-year record have all occurred since 2000, with 2010 and 2005 ranking as the warmest years on record.

http://climate.nasa.gov/news/1029
justhefacts

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So the media is monolithic? The media in the US, in France, in Russia, Brazil, in Japan, in China, all tell the same story, all have the same goal? Damn, next you'll be telling us that world peace is at hand!
Other side of the world? Try Australia. For someone who gives so much weight to media, it would seem you don't own a TV or radio.
Southern California was about 12 degrees above normal today. That's warm.
And I guess you missed Al Roker owning Rush Limburger when he showed the world the glossary from his 1959 college meteorology book. Yep, there it was, from 55 years ago, the newly made-up phrase "Polar Vortex".
Speaking of going outside, you need to stay inside and study, kid. Catch up, watch some media.
Al Roker just as much and idiot as Rush so whats that MAKE YOUmmm IDOIT.. Your problem on the get go is just watching Media and instead of using common sense and basic numbers in real is what you need to do, so you need to turn the TV off!!!

You Dems are funny in a sick way. Ooohhhh CALF was 12 degrees above normal. My god man are you serious!!!! The planet is what,, 4.5 BILLION years old and went through Ice ages and hot molten lava across the global not to mention only 1 land mass. And you base things on a picture form 1959 and that proves something in those billions of years earth existed!!!

Get REAL what simple-minded children you are. US have what, 75 million Dems that going to Save a WHOLE planet. What 4 graders you are???

What also kills me is the Dems choice of words. Climate Change. WTF the Climate always changes period.
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text> The media in the US, in France, in Russia, Brazil, in Japan, in China, all tell the same story, all have the same goal.
You Dems are so ignorant and as usual not uninformed. The REAL story is U.S. co2 emissions didn’t change that much over the decades.

Now MORE real story Obama and the Dems at U.N. conference climate deal.. 120 countries signed on to the EU vision calling for all other countries to be accountable for carbon emissions. 3 countries did NOT

China, India. And Guess what Skippy Obama/U.S. did NOT sign on that climate change deal.

WTF do YOU know about whom did what. The TOP Dem Dog Obama walked away from all those decades of you dems thinking you can Save a Planet. You dems cant even save ONE Dem ghetto from pollution of trash in the streets

Dems are so gullible among your own. All this is about is Votes for the Dems by them acting like they are GOD and can save a WHOLE Planet. Try saving your minority votes base from Quitting and flunking school. If this doesn't stop in short time close to half of your voter base will be illiterate Quit school, Flunked School, On parole, In Welfare all there life etc. Dems hasn't proved ONE thing that they not only have NO clue about jobs and economy.

We will RUN OUT OF FOOD dim wit before we can ever hurt the planet. Look at Dems U.S. baby factories add India’s baby factories, Africa’s baby factories, South America baby factories.. Dems need to SAVE the Planet by stopping the baby factories that’s REAL, a 5th grader can count that food to .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,261 - 40,280 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min ritedownthemiddle 1,078,344
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min Hate troublemaking arabs 67,850
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 31 min Eric 68,354
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min LRS 174,457
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 51 min Mister Tonka 97,511
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 2 hr Guess what 6
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr KrisChristie 1,855
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••