Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 50,307
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#42810 Jan 21, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>January 16, 2014
Americans Rate Economy as Top Priority for Government
Other high-priority issues include education, healthcare policy
by Frank Newport and Joy WilkePRINCETON, NJ -- Americans have a distinct sense of priorities for issues facing the nation in the next year, with more saying it is extremely or very important for the president and Congress to address the economy than any other issue.
The enviroment was 12th in importance in this poll.So your junk science is not very relevant if it was it would at least be in the top 5.
My God the way you nutjobs make it out to be the world is ending.Hunderds of years will go by,you wont even be a memory,and they'll still be talking this nonsense.
Your facts just were not true. I made that plain. Nice try. Whether the environment is first or twelfth most Americans agree that global warming is happening and that future generations will uffer because of it.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#42812 Jan 21, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>January 16, 2014
Americans Rate Economy as Top Priority for Government
Other high-priority issues include education, healthcare policy
by Frank Newport and Joy WilkePRINCETON, NJ -- Americans have a distinct sense of priorities for issues facing the nation in the next year, with more saying it is extremely or very important for the president and Congress to address the economy than any other issue.
The enviroment was 12th in importance in this poll.So your junk science is not very relevant if it was it would at least be in the top 5.
My God the way you nutjobs make it out to be the world is ending.Hunderds of years will go by,you wont even be a memory,and they'll still be talking this nonsense.
You're lying, of course.

That poll is from January, 2013.

Polls sometimes go up or down according to the WEATHER. Polls really don't matter; the science does.

But it's good to have confirmation again that you're just a cheap-shot LIAR.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#42813 Jan 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your facts just were not true. I made that plain. Nice try. Whether the environment is first or twelfth most Americans agree that global warming is happening and that future generations will uffer because of it.
Most people are waking up to the fact that Global Warming is a man-made bullshit story.

Maybe most Leftist American believe it. They also thought they could keep their healthcare.

Did the global warming scientists get their boats unstuck out of the disappearing ice in Antartica yet?
truth facts

Georgetown, OH

#42814 Jan 21, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying, of course.
That poll is from January, 2013.
Polls sometimes go up or down according to the WEATHER. Polls really don't matter; the science does.
But it's good to have confirmation again that you're just a cheap-shot LIAR.
Even when it's right in font of your nose(Jan/2014)you still dispute it.You have your opinion,I've got mine.Yours matters no more than mine.You all a bunch of wacko birds.Go save a whale,or a dolphin,something that's at least worth while.

Wichita, KS

#42815 Jan 21, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people are waking up to the fact that Global Warming is a man-made bullshit story.
Maybe most Leftist American believe it. They also thought they could keep their healthcare.
Did the global warming scientists get their boats unstuck out of the disappearing ice in Antartica yet?
Well, that just proves that 65% of Americans are leftists! You are in a minority. Poor thing.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42816 Jan 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that just proves that 65% of Americans are leftists! You are in a minority. Poor thing.
Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Between the Independents and Republicans...

WE SURROUND YOU.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42817 Jan 21, 2014

It also got stuck in Antartica's Summer season.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#42818 Jan 21, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
It also got stuck in Antartica's Summer season.
LOL hilarious!!!!!!!!!!
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#42819 Jan 21, 2014
truth facts wrote:
<quoted text>Even when it's right in font of your nose(Jan/2014)you still dispute it.You have your opinion,I've got mine.Yours matters no more than mine.You all a bunch of wacko birds.Go save a whale,or a dolphin,something that's at least worth while.
Provide a link. I cannot find it, entering the information you have given. The latest poll I see is January, 2013.

Do you have a link?

Even so, polls don't matter except as a policy issue.. Only the science matters.

Yes, I have an opinion, and it is backed up by solid science.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#42820 Jan 21, 2014
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone for "globull warming"?

http://gma.yahoo.com/39-polar-39-cold-coming -...
WEATHER.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42821 Jan 21, 2014
My grandfather had a word for Global Climate Change.....

He called it....

"Seasons"

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#42822 Jan 21, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
He called it....
"Seasons"
We have a word for deniers too, we them "benighted".

"Consider a person who has heard about a scientific discovery that deeply challenges her belief in divine creation—a new hominid, say, that confirms our evolutionary origins. What happens next, explains political scientist Charles Taber of Stony Brook University, is a subconscious negative response to the new information—and that response, in turn, guides the type of memories and associations formed in the conscious mind. "They retrieve thoughts that are consistent with their previous beliefs," says Taber, "and that will lead them to build an argument and challenge what they're hearing."

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42823 Jan 21, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have an opinion, and it is backed up by solid science.
Is that what Al Gore told you?

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42826 Jan 21, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a word for deniers too, we them "benighted".
"Consider a person who has heard about a scientific discovery that deeply challenges her belief in divine creation—a new hominid, say, that confirms our evolutionary origins. What happens next, explains political scientist Charles Taber of Stony Brook University, is a subconscious negative response to the new information—and that response, in turn, guides the type of memories and associations formed in the conscious mind. "They retrieve thoughts that are consistent with their previous beliefs," says Taber, "and that will lead them to build an argument and challenge what they're hearing."
Or

Maybe it's just natural cycles of weather, that can't be changed, no matter how much money you throw at it.

It's easier to fool people, than convince them that they have been fooled.

You've been lied to.

Use common sense.

It get hot in the Summer and cold in the Winter.

End of story.

Wichita, KS

#42827 Jan 21, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you need to tell yourself.
Between the Independents and Republicans...
WE SURROUND YOU.
Evidently the independents are liberals also! 65% of Americans understand that global warming will be a problem for future generations. BTW, I am a registered Republican but since the Party has abandoned sanity, I vote as an independent........

The RW activists are a dying breed.

Wichita, KS

#42828 Jan 21, 2014
heavy tune wrote:
<quoted text>oh 'cowboy, accepting taxpayers money in the form of government grants to attempt to prove their preconceived notions is no B.S. to these thieves. it has become a for profit industry. the fact the idiots got not one but two ice hardened ships stuck in the ice during summer at the south pole, and had to beg for rescue, is somehow down played by their continued call for the need for more funding to study their made up unproven and unproveable fairytale of man causing the weather. the fact that the high priest of these nut jobs took more than half of the food supply away from people to make corn whiskey for cars, resulting in more C02 being produced because of the formentation process, and the huge amounts of fuel that was wasted to 'rescue' the loons trying to recreate the voyage of some brave men on a sailboat a hundred years ago is lost in the minds of the zealots promoting the charade. they always wave one hand around in the air hoping everyone watches that and no one sees what the other hand is doing. there are not enough telephone poles in town to hang all of these thieving lying bastards at once.
"formentation" LOL, that it is what called when you apply heat and moisture apply to a boil! But I suppose this would be a good method of drawing the poison out of you anti-science activists.
Scientist

Los Angeles, CA

#42829 Jan 21, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
He called it....
"Seasons"
You need to watch "Day After Tomorrow". Get the facts right.

Iceland may be underwater soon. Baseball size hail in Tokyo. The consequences go on and on.

The film's scientific adviser was Dr. Michael Molitor, a leading climate change consultant who worked as a negotiator on the Kyoto Protocol.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42830 Jan 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently the independents are liberals also! 65% of Americans understand that global warming will be a problem for future generations. BTW, I am a registered Republican but since the Party has abandoned sanity, I vote as an independent........
The RW activists are a dying breed.
Progressives and Global Warming morons are a bigger threat to future generations.

I don't care what you political affiliations are. You're just wrong.

The more you try to push this theory, the colder it gets.

WAKE UP

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42831 Jan 21, 2014
Scientist wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to watch "Day After Tomorrow". Get the facts right.
Iceland may be underwater soon. Baseball size hail in Tokyo. The consequences go on and on.
The film's scientific adviser was Dr. Michael Molitor, a leading climate change consultant who worked as a negotiator on the Kyoto Protocol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =O5Gfw63Yl6cXX
You know what movie you should watch? Rubin and Ed. F'n hilarious.

You know what I hate?

Is when I have a glass of ice tea, and all the ice melts and overflows my glass.

If the ice melts, sea levels will actually drop. Since water is gthe only substance on earth that expands when it freezes.

Anyone else?

Wichita, KS

#42832 Jan 21, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Progressives and Global Warming morons are a bigger threat to future generations.
I don't care what you political affiliations are. You're just wrong.
The more you try to push this theory, the colder it gets.
WAKE UP
Put some meat behind that cowboy! 98% of the climate from around the world agree that global warming is happening and that man is contributing to that warming. All the great science academies around the entire world also concur. If you can find a convincing rebuttal let's hear it. Please no more RW platitudes. Just good solid information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,172,643
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min Not Yet Equal 51,362
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Scrutiny 183,753
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 min Red_Forman 5,361
abby 1-26 19 min Stina2 33
amy 1-27 32 min greenwichvillage 5
abby 1-27 1 hr Sublime1 7
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News