Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60659 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

litesong

Everett, WA

#42797 Jan 20, 2014
naturally mired wrote:
If you think the oil industry is evil......
"naturally mired in poo" thinks getting 40mpg is worse than 8mpg & hoping for 100mpg equivilant is sin.
litesong

Everett, WA

#42798 Jan 20, 2014
naturally mired in poo wrote:
If you think the oil industry is evil......
Don't think the oil industry is evil, but the ethanol industry "ethanol in gasoline" boardroom propaganda PEE-R is evil.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#42799 Jan 20, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you cannot even support what you spout. Polls shows that a mere 23% of Americans do not believe in global warming. 65% believe that global warming will hurt future generations. So it appears that it is you who is the farce!
http://www.newsmax.com/US/poll-weather-global...
January 16, 2014
Americans Rate Economy as Top Priority for Government
Other high-priority issues include education, healthcare policy
by Frank Newport and Joy WilkePRINCETON, NJ -- Americans have a distinct sense of priorities for issues facing the nation in the next year, with more saying it is extremely or very important for the president and Congress to address the economy than any other issue.

The enviroment was 12th in importance in this poll.So your junk science is not very relevant if it was it would at least be in the top 5.
My God the way you nutjobs make it out to be the world is ending.Hunderds of years will go by,you wont even be a memory,and they'll still be talking this nonsense.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#42800 Jan 20, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know jack-shit about science.
When are you going to prove to us that this is a farce?
There are not just as many scientist out there that don't accept the present science. That's why it's called CONSENSUS.
Yes, we're mental, mentally acute, as opposed to you, a mental defective.
Caveman,do you know me?Didn't think so, so you make your assertions based on what?Your opinion, and we know opinions are like?You voiced yours,now I voiced mine,your a caveman and a troll.

“Every day, Improve..”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#42801 Jan 20, 2014
When the scientists do as they did in the 70's and predict a new ice age, are you liberals going to ban use of windmils, solar panels and electric cars, because they produce to little CO2?

(Actually, this was not even a joke, but is as serious as reading newspapers in the 70's over again)..

FOOLS!!

“Every day, Improve..”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#42802 Jan 20, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think the oil industry is evil, but the ethanol industry "ethanol in gasoline" boardroom propaganda PEE-R is evil.
The Ethanol industry, their lobbyists, politicians and cronies are responsible for destroying more VIRGIN LAND in the USA than all oil, gas, coal and nuclear industry combined and that EVEN if we add in Yucca mountain here.

You morons are jailing hundreds of people who even touch an eagle feather, but let corporate green Gore'ites kill thousands of Bald Eagle and other soaring bird every year. Otherwise, specific pigeons are now either dying or becoming sterile after sitting on hot solar panels. Are you gonna just shoot them all? You liberals are IDIOTS.

The only thing worse than an idiot is a fool. You liberals manage to be both at the same time and remain angry, mad and arrogant at the same time. What a mix..
SpaceBlues

United States

#42803 Jan 20, 2014
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ethanol industry, their lobbyists, politicians and cronies are responsible for destroying more VIRGIN LAND in the USA than all oil, gas, coal and nuclear industry combined and that EVEN if we add in Yucca mountain here.
You morons are jailing hundreds of people who even touch an eagle feather, but let corporate green Gore'ites kill thousands of Bald Eagle and other soaring bird every year. Otherwise, specific pigeons are now either dying or becoming sterile after sitting on hot solar panels. Are you gonna just shoot them all? You liberals are IDIOTS.
The only thing worse than an idiot is a fool. You liberals manage to be both at the same time and remain angry, mad and arrogant at the same time. What a mix..
Worry about your own feelings. You are unaware of your ignorance about everything you mentioned.

Hey.. did you hear the EXXONMOBIL's CEO admits global warming is real?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42804 Jan 20, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Caveman,do you know me?Didn't think so, so you make your assertions based on what?Your opinion, and we know opinions are like?You voiced yours,now I voiced mine,your a caveman and a troll.
I know you by your words, what you say and don't say. And how you spell and write.

If you don't want to come across as ignorant, maybe you should work on that.

Like answering the questions you've been asked and backing up the claims you've made.

But you don't have the balls or the brains to do either.
dbunker

Pearblossom, CA

#42805 Jan 20, 2014
Hmm hmm think you global warming addicts will have to go back to the global cooling thing you started in the 70's, what a bunch of scary cats, come out of the cubbards you boys and girls, that phony global warming mania has bitten the dust lol

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#42806 Jan 20, 2014
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
So by your definition, No Republican can believe in global warming it's just a Liberal idea. Maybe you should change channels because warming has NOTHING to do with the color of your vote. It's about science and facts, it only becomes political when the ignorant choose to deal with it as a non conservative point of view. In other words if you can make science political its so much easier to ignore facts.
SpaceBlues

United States

#42807 Jan 20, 2014
dbunker wrote:
Hmm hmm think you global warming addicts will have to go back to the global cooling thing you started in the 70's, what a bunch of scary cats, come out of the cubbards you boys and girls, that phony global warming mania has bitten the dust lol
hmmm... tsk tsk tell it to the EXXONMOBIL's CEO, who admitted global warming is real..

Dust in your eye? Tears?

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#42808 Jan 20, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>hmmm... tsk tsk tell it to the EXXONMOBIL's CEO, who admitted global warming is real..
Dust in your eye? Tears?
Anyone for "globull warming"?

'Polar' Cold Is Coming Back
By DAN GOOD | Good Morning America – 11 hours ago

Get ready to bundle up again. A polar chill is expected to settle over the Northern U.S. in three waves this week – with temperatures expected to dip into the single digits in some areas, along with heavy snowfall.
The cold spell coincides with a winter storm across the Northeast, bringing blizzard-like conditions to New Jersey, New York, Long Island, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
Forecasters expect the first cold wave to emerge Monday into Tuesday. Another cold spell should strike Thursday into Friday, and the third wave is expected for Sunday, Jan. 26.
During the cold spells, highs are forecast to drop into the single digits or near zero for the upper Midwest, with high temperatures in the single digits and teens for the Ohio Valley. Overnight lows should drop well below zero across parts of the Midwest.
In the Northeast, expect highs in the teens and 20s for major cities from Washington, D.C. to Boston, with temperatures dipping to single digits and teens for inland areas.
Overnight lows will drop near 10 degrees for major cities in the northeast, with some spots in northern New York and New England dropping well below zero.
The new chill comes three weeks after a polar vortex gripped much of the country with subzero cold, contributing to at least a dozen deaths.
It shouldn't be quite as cold this time, so no polar vortex. But officials are warning people to take precautions, to brace for another week of frigid, spine-tingling cold.
ABC News' Max Golembo and the Associated Press contributed to this report

http://gma.yahoo.com/39-polar-39-cold-coming -...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#42810 Jan 21, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>January 16, 2014
by Frank Newport and Joy WilkePRINCETON, NJ -- Americans have a distinct sense of priorities for issues facing the nation in the next year, with more saying it is extremely or very important for the president and Congress to address the economy than any other issue.
The enviroment was 12th in importance in this poll.So your junk science is not very relevant if it was it would at least be in the top 5.
My God the way you nutjobs make it out to be the world is ending.Hunderds of years will go by,you wont even be a memory,and they'll still be talking this nonsense.
Your facts just were not true. I made that plain. Nice try. Whether the environment is first or twelfth most Americans agree that global warming is happening and that future generations will uffer because of it.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42812 Jan 21, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>January 16, 2014
You're lying, of course.

That poll is from January, 2013.

Polls sometimes go up or down according to the WEATHER. Polls really don't matter; the science does.

But it's good to have confirmation again that you're just a cheap-shot LIAR.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#42813 Jan 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your facts just were not true. I made that plain. Nice try. Whether the environment is first or twelfth most Americans agree that global warming is happening and that future generations will uffer because of it.
Most people are waking up to the fact that Global Warming is a man-made bullshit story.

Maybe most Leftist American believe it. They also thought they could keep their healthcare.

Did the global warming scientists get their boats unstuck out of the disappearing ice in Antartica yet?
truth facts

Delaware, OH

#42814 Jan 21, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying, of course.
That poll is from January, 2013.
Polls sometimes go up or down according to the WEATHER. Polls really don't matter; the science does.
But it's good to have confirmation again that you're just a cheap-shot LIAR.
Even when it's right in font of your nose(Jan/2014)you still dispute it.You have your opinion,I've got mine.Yours matters no more than mine.You all a bunch of wacko birds.Go save a whale,or a dolphin,something that's at least worth while.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#42815 Jan 21, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people are waking up to the fact that Global Warming is a man-made bullshit story.
Maybe most Leftist American believe it. They also thought they could keep their healthcare.
Did the global warming scientists get their boats unstuck out of the disappearing ice in Antartica yet?
Well, that just proves that 65% of Americans are leftists! You are in a minority. Poor thing.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42816 Jan 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that just proves that 65% of Americans are leftists! You are in a minority. Poor thing.
Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Between the Independents and Republicans...

WE SURROUND YOU.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42817 Jan 21, 2014

It also got stuck in Antartica's Summer season.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#42818 Jan 21, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
It also got stuck in Antartica's Summer season.
LOL hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min The Donald_ 1,404,307
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 min Ize Found 70,832
Truth or dare girls 15 min Habsm22 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min Dr Guru 219,485
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 34 min Go Blue Forever 103,163
Chicago has the Worst Women 1 hr Chiraq 35
Richard (rich ) Foster 1 hr Searching 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages