Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 64838 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#42827 Jan 21, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you need to tell yourself.
Between the Independents and Republicans...
WE SURROUND YOU.
Evidently the independents are liberals also! 65% of Americans understand that global warming will be a problem for future generations. BTW, I am a registered Republican but since the Party has abandoned sanity, I vote as an independent........

The RW activists are a dying breed.

Location hidden

#42828 Jan 21, 2014
heavy tune wrote:
<quoted text>oh 'cowboy, accepting taxpayers money in the form of government grants to attempt to prove their preconceived notions is no B.S. to these thieves. it has become a for profit industry. the fact the idiots got not one but two ice hardened ships stuck in the ice during summer at the south pole, and had to beg for rescue, is somehow down played by their continued call for the need for more funding to study their made up unproven and unproveable fairytale of man causing the weather. the fact that the high priest of these nut jobs took more than half of the food supply away from people to make corn whiskey for cars, resulting in more C02 being produced because of the formentation process, and the huge amounts of fuel that was wasted to 'rescue' the loons trying to recreate the voyage of some brave men on a sailboat a hundred years ago is lost in the minds of the zealots promoting the charade. they always wave one hand around in the air hoping everyone watches that and no one sees what the other hand is doing. there are not enough telephone poles in town to hang all of these thieving lying bastards at once.
"formentation" LOL, that it is what called when you apply heat and moisture apply to a boil! But I suppose this would be a good method of drawing the poison out of you anti-science activists.
Scientist

Corona Del Mar, CA

#42829 Jan 21, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
My grandfather had a word for Global Climate Change.....
He called it....
"Seasons"
You need to watch "Day After Tomorrow". Get the facts right.

Iceland may be underwater soon. Baseball size hail in Tokyo. The consequences go on and on.

The film's scientific adviser was Dr. Michael Molitor, a leading climate change consultant who worked as a negotiator on the Kyoto Protocol.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#42830 Jan 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently the independents are liberals also! 65% of Americans understand that global warming will be a problem for future generations. BTW, I am a registered Republican but since the Party has abandoned sanity, I vote as an independent........
The RW activists are a dying breed.
Progressives and Global Warming morons are a bigger threat to future generations.

I don't care what you political affiliations are. You're just wrong.

The more you try to push this theory, the colder it gets.

WAKE UP

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42831 Jan 21, 2014
Scientist wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to watch "Day After Tomorrow". Get the facts right.
Iceland may be underwater soon. Baseball size hail in Tokyo. The consequences go on and on.
The film's scientific adviser was Dr. Michael Molitor, a leading climate change consultant who worked as a negotiator on the Kyoto Protocol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =O5Gfw63Yl6cXX
You know what movie you should watch? Rubin and Ed. F'n hilarious.

You know what I hate?

Is when I have a glass of ice tea, and all the ice melts and overflows my glass.

If the ice melts, sea levels will actually drop. Since water is gthe only substance on earth that expands when it freezes.

Anyone else?

Location hidden

#42832 Jan 21, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Progressives and Global Warming morons are a bigger threat to future generations.
I don't care what you political affiliations are. You're just wrong.
The more you try to push this theory, the colder it gets.
WAKE UP
Put some meat behind that cowboy! 98% of the climate from around the world agree that global warming is happening and that man is contributing to that warming. All the great science academies around the entire world also concur. If you can find a convincing rebuttal let's hear it. Please no more RW platitudes. Just good solid information.
Scientist

Corona Del Mar, CA

#42833 Jan 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Put some meat behind that cowboy! 98% of the climate from around the world agree that global warming is happening and that man is contributing to that warming. All the great science academies around the entire world also concur. If you can find a convincing rebuttal let's hear it. Please no more RW platitudes. Just good solid information.
That's right! And watch this to see what's headin' your way soon. This is serious business.

You can't even get to Liberty Island.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42834 Jan 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
They're not platitudes.

It's called common sense.

It get hot in Summer, cold in the Winter.

Mother Nature will do whatever it wants to. You, Al Gore, and all the dipshit global warming so-called scientists, are talikng out your asses.

You can't control Mother Nature.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42836 Jan 21, 2014
heavy tune wrote:
<quoted text>oh 'cowboy, accepting taxpayers money in the form of government grants to attempt to prove their preconceived notions is no B.S. to these thieves. it has become a for profit industry. the fact the idiots got not one but two ice hardened ships stuck in the ice during summer at the south pole, and had to beg for rescue, is somehow down played by their continued call for the need for more funding to study their made up unproven and unproveable fairytale of man causing the weather. the fact that the high priest of these nut jobs took more than half of the food supply away from people to make corn whiskey for cars, resulting in more C02 being produced because of the formentation process, and the huge amounts of fuel that was wasted to 'rescue' the loons trying to recreate the voyage of some brave men on a sailboat a hundred years ago is lost in the minds of the zealots promoting the charade. they always wave one hand around in the air hoping everyone watches that and no one sees what the other hand is doing. there are not enough telephone poles in town to hang all of these thieving lying bastards at once.
Lotta claims.

Lotta bullshit.

No proof.

Location hidden

#42837 Jan 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is ...98% of climate [scientists]....
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#42838 Jan 21, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is ...98% of climate [scientists]....
This one is the latest:

About that consensus on global warming: 9136 to 1

.. up-to-date by review of the peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals over the period from Nov. 12, 2012 through December 31, 2013. found 2,258 articles, written by a total of 9,136 authors. Only one article, by a single author in the Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences, rejected man-made global warming.

http://www.jamespowell.org/
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42840 Jan 21, 2014
(Reuters)- A group of business leaders, energy experts and former government leaders believes that the Obama administration could tackle climate change by taking measures that do not require congressional approval, according to a report released on Tuesday.

The 207-page report contained about 200 recommendations on how President Barack Obama can use executive authority to advance the climate change action plan he announced in June. It was released by former Colorado Governor Bill Ritter, who briefed U.S. cabinet officials and senior policy staff focused on energy and climate policy last week.

The recommendations focus on five areas: doubling energy efficiency; financing renewable energy; producing natural gas more responsibly; developing alternative fuels and vehicles; and helping utilities adapt to the country's changed energy landscape.

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>

This could be big, and the Koch brothers will probably put out a contract on him.
Community Disorganizer

Trumbull, CT

#42841 Jan 21, 2014
Can we blame this minor snow storm in the Northeast on the Boogeyman, AKA Gorbal Warning?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#42842 Jan 21, 2014
Community Disorganizer wrote:
Can we blame this minor snow storm in the Northeast on the Boogeyman, AKA Gorbal Warning?
Go for it, and while you're at it make a slushy out of snow and thank Al Gore

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#42844 Jan 21, 2014
Lord Hater wrote:
Witch doesn't prove or disprove GW.
Which witch?

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42847 Jan 22, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Which witch?
The Climate Change Witch.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42848 Jan 22, 2014
Lord Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
That would only apply to sea ice or ice floating on the water. And the level will not go down. Level will remain the same. Witch doesn't prove or disprove GW.
It's easier to fool people, then to convince them they have been fooled.

Like you.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#42850 Jan 22, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Climate Change Witch.
Judith Curry?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/13/art...

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42852 Jan 22, 2014
Lord Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the point.
Try again.
No I didn't miss anything.

Global Warming is a lie.

You're a tool.

The End
litesong

Everett, WA

#42853 Jan 22, 2014
dbunker wrote:
......the global cooling thing you started in the 70's, out of the cubbards you boys and girls....
The only thing "dbunker" can debunk is when it falls out of its upper bunk, like boys & girls. As for the 70's, 44 Science Papers were published on global warming, & only 7 papers were written on global cooling. "dbunker" stayed in the cupboard instead of taking science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Teaman 1,781,076
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 10 min reality sets in 62
evette "m" 35 min tom selleck 7
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 243,579
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,871
If only Hillary had won. 4 hr Give her a dirtnap 66
Trump is A (Oct '17) 5 hr Jenkins 866

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages