Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 2,005)

Showing posts 40,081 - 40,100 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

Graph from previous post:

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

“Drink up! Summer's comin'”

Since: Jul 10

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
Graph from previous post:
http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/
You mean the one pointing out cyclical trends?
You are the holucost denier there, flat earther.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to make some perversion of what I write? No, Mann's graph is only one of several. Take your pick. They all show basically the same thing.
I asked if you had a temperature chart that shows temps leveling off or declining. That would be a contradiction of the others. Of course, it would need to be a graph from a reputable climatologist or university, not one developed by Donald Trump.
Disprove or give a valid, verifiable argument against AGW. Easy. Just show that any other facter is causing the warming. And again, from a reputable source, not Stuart Varney or Shawn Hannity.
And I've seen deniers claim warming is from everything from sunspots to the Earth's magnetic reversal. None of these goalposts will stand.
It'll be easy debating a denier because they have no argument.
And... how do you consider AGW disproven?

Don't want the goalposts moved later.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>.
babble boy returns!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
babble boy returns!
So go away again..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

Meanwhile, while the US experienced the big freeze Australia is in for a record run of 100+F days for virtually the whole continent. Something not experienced for at least a 100 years or more along with all the wildfires that may come with it. But still each month we post these abnormalities with the weather from around the globe the deniers keep insisting that its all normal.

http://www.aljazeera.com/weather/2014/01/dead...
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

cut her pasties wrote:
....... a decadal La Niña-like cooling trend affecting as little as 8% of Earth’s surface can explain the slower rise in global temperatures."
So touched toxic topix AGW deniers, still working the cyclical angle, predict Earth temperatures will be back to the early 20th century next year & an ice age begins a year later.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
Meanwhile, while the US experienced the big freeze Australia is in for a record run of 100+F days for virtually the whole continent. Something not experienced for at least a 100 years or more along with all the wildfires that may come with it. But still each month we post these abnormalities with the weather from around the globe the deniers keep insisting that its all normal.
http://www.aljazeera.com/weather/2014/01/dead...
You clowns are incredible, things dont go your way in one location(stranded ship) you pick another location,when that doesn't go your way you pick another location and so on and so on and so on.It's a scam,your a scam.You have made "mother earth" GORE a very wealthy man,thanks alot.Maybe if you sprinkle some fairy dust around the globe, maybe that will help you.Until then you kooks keep making fools out of yourselfs and guaranteed,we are still going to laugh at your nonsense.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>You clowns are incredible, things dont go your way in one location(stranded ship) you pick another location,when that doesn't go your way you pick another location and so on and so on and so on.It's a scam,your a scam.You have made "mother earth" GORE a very wealthy man,thanks alot.Maybe if you sprinkle some fairy dust around the globe, maybe that will help you.Until then you kooks keep making fools out of yourselfs and guaranteed,we are still going to laugh at your nonsense.
It's all about you!

LOL. Science rules, you lose..
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
And... how do you consider AGW disproven?
Don't want the goalposts moved later.
As I said, if you would pay attention, give a valid, verifiable argument against AGW. Just show that any other factor is causing the warming. And again, from a reputable source, not Stuart Varney or Shawn Hannity.
And I've seen deniers claim warming is from everything from sunspots to the Earth's magnetic reversal.

Do you understand now?
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>It's all about you!
LOL. Science rules, you lose..
No people laugh at you Spaceballs.People laugh at all you global warming nut cases.If I was one of you,especially after the recent expedition,I wouldn't touch the GW subject.I would be com[pletely embarrassed and humiliated.For supposedly intelligent people,you all look like jack asses.Total waste of time and money.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>No[sic] people laugh at you[sic] Spaceballs[sic].[#]People laugh at all you global warming nut cases.If I was[sic] one of you,especially after the recent expedition,[#]I wouldn't touch the GW subject.I would be com[pletely[sic] embarrassed and humiliated.[#]For supposedly intelligent people,[#]you all look like jack asses.[#]Total waste of time and money.
hahahaha yes, you should be embarrassed and humiliated..

It's all about you. Got science? Of course not... LOL
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

They laughed at the Wright brothers, too.

That's the price we pay for being highly intelligent, sentient, ahead-of-our-times types.

We'll be laughing last, amid our tears for civilization.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>You clowns are incredible, things dont go your way in one location(stranded ship) you pick another location,when that doesn't go your way you pick another location and so on and so on and so on.It's a scam,your a scam.You have made "mother earth" GORE a very wealthy man,thanks alot.Maybe if you sprinkle some fairy dust around the globe, maybe that will help you.Until then you kooks keep making fools out of yourselfs and guaranteed,we are still going to laugh at your nonsense.
It is called GLOBAL warming, not the USA warming. Besides what would call going our way "Rome Burning" or "Rome freezing" it is all extreme weather and that is the climate change in a nutshell. It's about EXTREME weather, the fact that we can cite examples of it week in , week out is even more distressing because that means it is happening right now. It just depends how bad you want it to get.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

If our major exhaust gas was IR transparent, they would blame our industrial emissions for changing the atmosphere, diluting the greenhouse effect and causing global climate change. That's the benefit of an untested theory, you may suggest any causality or cure you wish without fear the experimental evidence disproves your scheme.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, if you would pay attention, give a valid, verifiable argument against AGW. Just show that any other factor is causing the warming. And again, from a reputable source, not Stuart Varney or Shawn Hannity.
And I've seen deniers claim warming is from everything from sunspots to the Earth's magnetic reversal.
Do you understand now?
Hmmm.... which temperature data set do you use for 'warming'? Raw, or homogenized?

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Always have and always will.
Pardon my union teachers and spell checkers!!

Lol
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm.... which temperature data set do you use for 'warming'? Raw, or homogenized?
This is an intellectual exercise, not a boxing match. No need for you to duck and feint.

I asked you for your evidence. What I use is my argument. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to produce evidence that Man is not causing the warming, that it can be attributed to something else.

If you are going to argue that there is no warming, you have lost before you started.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an intellectual exercise, not a boxing match. No need for you to duck and feint.
I asked you for your evidence. What I use is my argument. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to produce evidence that Man is not causing the warming, that it can be attributed to something else.
If you are going to argue that there is no warming, you have lost before you started.
Quit dodging my questions.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit dodging my questions.
You're the one ducking, weaving, dodging, and spinning.

As I said, if you can pay attention, give a valid, verifiable argument against AGW. Just show that any other factor is causing the warming. And again, from a reputable source, not Stuart Varney or Shawn Hannity.

Do you understand now?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,081 - 40,100 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,078,384
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr FACT 67,856
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,543
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 455
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,357
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 174,457
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Mister Tonka 97,511
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••