Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#42677 Jan 15, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
Also might ask the West Virginians what they think of the coal industry at the moment. We see all the posts about bald eagles missing everything else to exclusively run into wind turbines but nothing about drinking water.
I did.. and received negative judgeits..

They don't care..
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#42678 Jan 15, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
Another ...
... unsourced claim.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#42679 Jan 15, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>No people laugh at you Spaceballs.People laugh at all you global warming nut cases.If I was one of you,especially after the recent expedition,I wouldn't touch the GW subject.I would be com[pletely embarrassed and humiliated.For supposedly intelligent people,you all look like jack asses.Total waste of time and money.
"No people laugh at you Spaceballs."

I'm sure he's glad to hear that.

People who don't use proper punctuation and grammar are sure to be misunderstood as well as show their ignorance. That is why I sometimes have to comment on it, not because I think I'm superior (though I am, compared to most deniers here).

For instance, "Let's eat Mom," as opposed to "Let's eat, Mom".

Quite a difference in meaning, don't you think?

You should probably go back to school.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#42680 Jan 15, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
I've asked for clarification, you've dodged.
Either answer or shut up.
I can't type any slower so that you might understand.

If you can pay attention, give a valid, verifiable argument against AGW. Just show that any other factor is causing the warming.

Is this beyond your mental capacity, or might it be a paucity of evidence?
Climate Scientist

Los Angeles, CA

#42681 Jan 15, 2014
The following will impact your quality of life long before the oceans rising 2 inches.
----------
But Muslims are the first group to come as immigrants to the West determined to replace Western government and social structures with Islamic ones. Millions of Muslims come to Western countries with a ready-made model of society and government (sharia) which they believe to be superior to what we have here, and they work to institute it.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#42682 Jan 15, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can pay attention, give a valid, verifiable argument against AGW. Just show that any other factor is causing the warming.
And again you dodge my questions and pretend you're having an honest debate.

Let's try again... what temperature data set are you using? Raw or homogenized? If homogenized, which one, which version?

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#42683 Jan 15, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again, it will be another cut and paste from WUWT.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#42684 Jan 15, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try again... what temperature data set are you using? Raw or homogenized? If homogenized, which one, which version?
As usual always a question with a question. Why can't you deniers just blow us away with hard facts instead of trash talk. The denier organisations set up by oil companies is FACT like you they are doing their bit for humanity or is it greed. Google it yourself or has your google got the blocking filter for common sense.
not me

Cedartown, GA

#42685 Jan 15, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry- Co2 concentration would have to be 50 times what it is today to cause health problems.
Basic Information about Concentrations of CO2 in Air
* 1,000,000 ppm of a gas = 100 % concentration of the gas, and 10,000 ppm of a gas in air = a 1% concentration.
* At 1% concentration of carbon dioxide CO2 (10,000 parts per million or ppm) and under continuous exposure at that level, such as in an auditorium filled with occupants and poor fresh air ventilation, some occupants are likely to feel drowsy.
* The concentration of carbon dioxide must be over about 2%(20,000 ppm) before most people are aware of its presence unless the odor of an associated material (auto exhaust or fermenting yeast, for instance) is present at lower concentrations.
* Above 2%, carbon dioxide may cause a feeling of heaviness in the chest and/or more frequent and deeper respirations.
* If exposure continues at that level for several hours, minimal "acidosis" (an acid condition of the blood) may occur but more frequently is absent.
http://www.inspect-ny.com/hazmat/CO2gashaz.ht...
I agree with your comments
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#42686 Jan 15, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual always a question with a question. Why can't you deniers just blow us away with hard facts instead of trash talk. The denier organisations set up by oil companies is FACT like you they are doing their bit for humanity or is it greed. Google it yourself or has your google got the blocking filter for common sense.
Waa-waa-waa.

Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.

I'm gonna remind you of that every time you pop off with your evil oil company propaganda, fox news bullshyt, etc.

Quit whining.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#42688 Jan 15, 2014
climatic deadhead wrote:
Muslims are the first group to come as immigrants to the West determined to replace Western government and social structures with Islamic ones. Millions of Muslims come to Western countries with a ready-made model of society and government (sharia) which they believe to be superior to what we have here, and they work to institute it.
You are a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig, look for ways to be such, AND worst, you seem to be a euro or transplanted euro who forgets its own ancestors' sins. Euros poured out of their corner of the world with advanced technology, tried to take the world, crushed 15,000 Native Tribes to extinction, & stressed another 15,000 Native Tribes to the point of original non-functionality.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#42689 Jan 15, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
and babble boy babbles on....

Get a clue.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#42691 Jan 15, 2014
litesong wrote:
You are a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig, look for ways to be such, AND worst, you seem to be a euro or transplanted euro who forgets its own ancestors' sins. Euros poured out of their corner of the world with advanced technology, tried to take the world, crushed 15,000 Native Tribes to extinction, & stressed another 15,000 Native Tribes to the point of original non-functionality.
//////////
"heavy thud" thunk:
30000000 million 400000-000-0-thousand billion on and on.
//////////
litesong wrote:
euros & transplanted euros can NOT comprehend their sin depth.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#42692 Jan 15, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious you have run out of ideas and are grabbing at straws. But, go ahead. Use any data set you need to to prove your point. Let's see what you got.

Will it be pasted from WUWT? Will Lindzen save your ass? Or will Al Gore cast a spell with the help of the Devil?

We wait with 'bated breah!
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#42693 Jan 15, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
//////////
"heavy thud" thunk:
30000000 million 400000-000-0-thousand billion on and on.
//////////
litesong wrote:
euros & transplanted euros can NOT comprehend their sin depth.
I begin to comprehend the sins of my fathers, though I don't know if any did, I'm sure that some of them probably killed native Americans.

I know that at least one married a Choctaw woman, so I am a descendent of Native Americans.

In the great wash of history, there is each death, and there are the deaths of nations. This is the destiny that life has granted us. I forgive those who have trespassed against me as I would wish that they would also forgive me.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#42694 Jan 15, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
quit babbling
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#42695 Jan 15, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious you have run out of ideas and are grabbing at straws. But, go ahead. Use any data set you need to to prove your point. Let's see what you got.
Will it be pasted from WUWT? Will Lindzen save your ass? Or will Al Gore cast a spell with the help of the Devil?
We wait with 'bated breah!
What's obvious is that you refuse to address any guidelines for a debate.... oh.. those inconvenient truths.

Zealots are so predictable.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#42696 Jan 16, 2014
Still no experimental test for climate change mitigation? That's how you can tell its a hoax and man made catastrophic climate change is pseudoscience.

“I Feel”

Since: Feb 09

Blest4it!

#42697 Jan 16, 2014
What observable evidence would lead an alarmist here to believe climate change theory is incorrect?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42698 Jan 16, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
What's obvious is that you refuse to address any guidelines for a debate.... oh.. those inconvenient truths.
Zealots are so predictable.
I gave you complete freedom. You can't debate because you have no argument.

The guidelines are simple. Show any evidence that AGW is not happening.

But you can't. You have nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Rogue Scholar 05 187,828
The Jar, what life is all about. 1 hr Thye human being 1
Core Aspects In Testo XTRM Across The Usa 2 hr jorgeleone 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Holy Jumpin Jesus 1,224,041
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 69,797
College Scandals 12 hr music 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 hr Red_Forman 5,947
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]