Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
39,641 - 39,660 of 46,313 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#42223 Dec 26, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
DENIER SCIENCE!....
There's never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation; that's how you can know it's a hoax and man made catastrophic climate change is pseudoscience.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#42224 Dec 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There's never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation; that's how you can know it's a hoax and man made catastrophic climate change is pseudoscience.
And that is how we know you are a dummkopf.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#42225 Dec 26, 2013
Litesong, no one is knocking those who hold a spiritual belief. What we are knocking is holding that belief beyond being rational. Which means if something doesn't make sense or to make it sound rational we have to believe in a power beyond our understanding. Then don't knock those who question it, that is how science discovered the earth was not flat but the church at the time would lock you up for suggesting otherwise. That is blind faith, no one who is educated should have blind faith, question everything!
That is how science works and in the climate part of science 98% proof is enough to convince me that the 2%'ers are wrong.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42226 Dec 27, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I support your great & powerful stands against toxic topix AGW deniers. Don't expect any support from me in your brokenness of Spirit, that rejects the God who Galileo Galilei, & Johannes Kepler worshipped. It was their faith in God & His Mercy, that He & His creation were understandable by people's minds, at least in small measure, that led to their wondrous science discoveries & conclusions, & strengthened them to the end of their lives.
My display of the lack of science & mathematics education & science & mathematics degrees by toxic topix AGW deniers is constant. The reasons for a lack of science & mathematics education by toxic topix AGW deniers are many, only a few being religious.
Your reasons for your spiritual wandering, seem only straight-forward, & obvious, with reliance on a rhetorical question that isn't answered fittingly by atheist or saint.
Me...... I'll remain with my emphasis that toxic topix AGW deniers lack a fundamental education in science & mathematics by choice, even from their earliest years.
I am not familiar with any brokenness of spirit; my spirit is fine. I have a severe case of realism though.

My spiritual wandering ended many years ago when I realized that WE are responsible for this world, not a god.

In your spiritual wanderings, I find it surprising that you have chosen a transplanted Euro-God, instead of the One who resides in the mountains and trees of your native land.

To each his own, I suppose. As long as we continue to protest and fight the ignorance and corruption of these modern devils, our personal motivations don't matter.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#42228 Dec 27, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
And that is how we know you are a dummkopf.
What part of the Scientific Method don't you understand?

Wichita, KS

#42229 Dec 27, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What part of the Scientific Method don't you understand?
Since am educated in science, I understand it well!
litesong

Monroe, WA

#42230 Dec 27, 2013
Ozritz wrote:
Litesong, no one is knocking those who hold a spiritual belief.
//////////
gcaveman wrote:
In your spiritual wanderings, I find it surprising that you have chosen a transplanted Euro-God, instead of the One who resides in the mountains and trees of your native land.
/////////
litesong wrote:
Of course, Ozritz is not correct.
gcaveman uses this forum on AGW to display his "no felt need of God" & pulpit preach without a sermon or a pulpit. Furthering his "surprise of God Believers", he unleashes more surprise(which is mis-interpretation), that My God is a euro-god, trying his best to blend euros with the God of the Universe. His inference is to my continuous linking of euros & transplanted euros to Native Tribal genocide, world-wide, & why would I dare to pick the euro-god. gcaveman works hard not to mention the Sacrificial Lamb, Christ, Emmanuel, God With Us.

Always kinda thought atheists to be smart. Glad to see they can mentally flop, too.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42231 Dec 27, 2013
litesong wrote:
Ozritz wrote:
Litesong, no one is knocking those who hold a spiritual belief.
//////////
gcaveman wrote:
/////////
litesong wrote:
Of course, Ozritz is not correct.
gcaveman uses this forum on AGW to display his "no felt need of God" & pulpit preach without a sermon or a pulpit. Furthering his "surprise of God Believers", he unleashes more surprise(which is mis-interpretation), that My God is a euro-god, trying his best to blend euros with the God of the Universe. His inference is to my continuous linking of euros & transplanted euros to Native Tribal genocide, world-wide, & why would I dare to pick the euro-god. gcaveman works hard not to mention the Sacrificial Lamb, Christ, Emmanuel, God With Us.
Always kinda thought atheists to be smart. Glad to see they can mentally flop, too.
Not atheist: agnostic. I find no scientific, realistic, tangible, palpable proof of God.

There may be a Supreme Being. I have not been all the way around the Universe yet. But wherever this being resides, I am pretty sure He (or She, which is more likely, according to the Earthly model) is not Euro, Middle Eastern, American, or for that matter, even earthly.

You are certainly as welcome to your beliefs as I am to mine.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#42232 Dec 28, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not atheist: agnostic. I find no scientific, realistic, tangible, palpable proof of God.
There may be a Supreme Being. I have not been all the way around the Universe yet. But wherever this being resides, I am pretty sure He (or She, which is more likely, according to the Earthly model) is not Euro, Middle Eastern, American, or for that matter, even earthly.
You are certainly as welcome to your beliefs as I am to mine.
Ditto.

Nice job.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#42233 Dec 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>To another poster:
What part of the Scientific Method don't you understand?
LOL are you the new b_gone?

OTOH you are asking as weird a question as the old b_gone.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#42235 Dec 28, 2013
Change is the nature of life. We adapt. We should be concentrating our efforts on pragmatic solutions for the future, not trying to stem the flow of climate change and possibly making the situation worse for ourselves. It's inevitable, why attempt to fight against it.
Anti Christ

Minneapolis, MN

#42237 Dec 28, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There may be a Supreme Being.
The evidence is overwhelming, you just choose to "Deny" it's existence.
There is a clear "Consensus" among the experts about this.
"98%" agree.
Everything that has been "Predicted/Forecast/Proje cted/Suggested" has come true.
It is a "Fact" 'for all intent and purposes'.
You lack the "education" to be able to see it.
Your "political" perspective is influencing your thinking.
If we do not change our ways, repent and make sacrifices the consequences will "Likely" be terrible.
We are born with the evil within that is capable of destroying the world for we exhale over a ton each year.

And finally...
YOU ARE AN IDIOT simply because you disagree with the current orthodoxy.

OH WAIT, this thread is about the AGW.

Hummm... the reasoning for GOD and AGW appear to be the same.

OK. I'm still on topic cuz it works for both. Carry on.

Wichita, KS

#42239 Dec 28, 2013
Xetra wrote:
Change is the nature of life. We adapt. We should be concentrating our efforts on pragmatic solutions for the future, not trying to stem the flow of climate change and possibly making the situation worse for ourselves. It's inevitable, why attempt to fight against it.
The other possibility is that we die.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42240 Dec 28, 2013
Anti Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
"98%" agree.
Everything that has been "Predicted/Forecast/Proje cted/Suggested" has come true.
If we do not change our ways, repent and make sacrifices the consequences will "Likely" be terrible.
We are born with the evil within that is capable of destroying the world for we exhale over a ton each year.
And finally...
Which subject are you on? Have you gotten confused? Are you trying to make some sort of argument?
Anti Christ

Minneapolis, MN

#42241 Dec 28, 2013
Anti Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
"98%" agree.
And finally...
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which subject are you on?
Well Mississippi Perv; the simple fact that you needed to ask the question proves the point that:*'belief' in GOD and AGW are grounded in the same unproven and/or unprovable principles.

*both are religious dogma
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42242 Dec 28, 2013
Anti Christ wrote:
Anti Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
a ton each year.
And finally...
<quoted text>
Well Mississippi Perv; the simple fact that you needed to ask the question proves the point that:*'belief' in GOD and AGW are grounded in the same unproven and/or unprovable principles.

*both are religious dogma
So my mission, should I decide to accept it, is to convert you from GOD to AGW.

Man, I have my work cut out for me.

For one thing, I'm dealing with at least four different personalities here, and converting all four may be rather difficult. There's a sciencey one, and a Bible-thumper, and there's two that just seem to drift and curse. And all of them have had some rather serious failure of thought or other at one time or the other.

Well, non-believers have become Jews, married men have become monks, and a little Negro boy from Detroit grew up to be a rich white woman, so I guess you can be converted.

It's just a matter of changing allegiance from one mindless dogma to a dogma that is MINDFUL. Nothing to it! I did it years ago. Based on those same unproven and/or unprovable principles, which you have yet to refute.

My sermon follows....

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#42244 Dec 28, 2013
Some deniers on here constantly amaze me, trying to tie climate change alarm as a religion, based on a belief without foundation. The same religious based paranoia that was around when science declared the earth was not the centre of the universe. The scientists then were called devil worshippers, very easy to see a parallel in thinking here.
joey

United States

#42246 Dec 28, 2013
In 2013 more record cold days were recorded than any other year. Hey Al Gore that global warming is a real b!tch ain't it.
Anti Christ

Minneapolis, MN

#42247 Dec 28, 2013
Fact:

Remove 1 Itsy Bitsy CO2 molecule from every 10,000 air molecules and this debate would end. God you're such a bunch of gullible hillbillies. You all remind me of G. W. Bush... That's an insult for those who lack the mental acuity to discern the obvious.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#42248 Dec 28, 2013
Anti Christ wrote:
Fact:
Remove 1 Itsy Bitsy CO2 molecule from every 10,000 air molecules and this debate would end. God you're such a bunch of gullible hillbillies. You all remind me of G. W. Bush... That's an insult for those who lack the mental acuity to discern the obvious.
Sock puppet?
dont drink the koolaid wrote:
Fact:
Just remove 1 single Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie CO2 molecule from every 10,000 molecules of air and this debate would end.
Be warm and safe this new year,
~koolaid
Fact:

Just one less Potassium molecule in every 10,000 molecules of blood and the patient wouldn't be dead.

A doctor would need to know this.

An ignorant man would think the small number meant the effect would be insignificant.

You wouldn't listen to the ignorant man when your health was at stake (or, if you did, you'd be dead).

Don't listen to the ignorant man when the health of the planet is at stake.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min EasyEed 1,100,210
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min wojar 177,384
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 16 min Crazy Jae 1,451
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 17 min Crazy Jae 568
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 23 min Crazy Jae 4,669
Word (Dec '08) 24 min Crazy Jae 4,651
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 33 min _Zoey_ 7,748
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Sublime1 97,932
Amy 8-29 8 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••