Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60116 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#42187 Dec 23, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
...Just look at these American Evangelists saying that only God can change the climate....
Now look at this list of people who claim only man is changing the climate, not nature: www.ipcc.ch/&#8206 ;
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42188 Dec 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Now look at this list of people who claim only man is changing the climate, not nature: www.ipcc.ch/&#8206 ;
That link is broken, just like you.
Earthling

Spain

#42189 Dec 24, 2013
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
.... I could take an unusually day ...
Your English is almost as good as your science.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#42190 Dec 24, 2013
Earthling wrote:
<quoted text>Your English is almost as good as your science.
It's father Christmas on his annual visit, full of cheer and goodwill to all men.

No, my mistake, it's a mean old git.
litesong

Everett, WA

#42191 Dec 24, 2013
toxic topix AGW denier dirtling wrote:
Your English is almost as good as your science.
The slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pigisms of "earthling has no brain", "eart hling(alien has no affinity to Earth)", "injun killer(has no love for human beings)" dirtling is (almost?) as bad as the KKK's.

"the green troll"

#42192 Dec 24, 2013
Daffy Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, a REAL scientist has joined this forum. Welcome!
Another sock puppet.

Not welcome.

"the green troll"

#42193 Dec 24, 2013
Climate Change Scientist wrote:
I'm really starting to recheck the peer reviewed data. We may be off in our calculations.
==========
Last week, snow covered more than half of the continental United States, the highest this measure has reached by this date in a decade, according to government scientists.
As of Dec. 15, snow covered 53 percent of the Lower 48, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) reported. That’s a significantly higher portion than in recent years. In 2006, for example, snow covered just 12 percent of those states on the same date, according to Climate Central, a climate news Web site.
November and early December have also been quite chilly for much of the country, below the 20th-century average, Climate Central noted.“With the noteworthy exception of Alaska, nearly every state was affected by the unusually cold air at some point during the November-to-December timeframe,” Climate Central reported.
Your ignorance of climate science shows you are no climate scientist.

litesong

Everett, WA

#42195 Dec 24, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
Your ignorance of climate science shows you are no climate scientist.
You should be respectful to the famed & venerated Climate Change Scientist.......... NOT!
Did you note the famed & venerated Climate Change Scientist was from Irvine, CA! There's a lot of toxic topix AGW deniers in Irvine......or one who can change its name continually.
Climate Change Scientist

Corona Del Mar, CA

#42196 Dec 24, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be respectful to the famed & venerated Climate Change Scientist.......... NOT!
Did you note the famed & venerated Climate Change Scientist was from Irvine, CA! There's a lot of toxic topix AGW deniers in Irvine......or one who can change its name continually.
My credentials are impeccable. I publish in many journals. I am constantly requested to speak at conferences. My teaching assistants are the best. Research grants from major organizations fund my life's work. I coined the term "climate change".
litesong

Everett, WA

#42197 Dec 24, 2013
[QUOTE who="impeccably famed & venerated climate change scientist"]My credentials are impeccable........ I coined the term "climate change".[/QUOTE]

The impeccably famed & venerated climate change scientist was spinning before Frank Luntz decided to spin up.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42199 Dec 24, 2013
Climate Change Scientist wrote:
<quoted text>
My credentials are impeccable. I publish in many journals. I am constantly requested to speak at conferences. My teaching assistants are the best. Research grants from major organizations fund my life's work. I coined the term "climate change".
We are honored to have you, Climate Change Scientist! Surely you can straighten some people out here.

We just need your name, so we can tell that you're not some idiot masquerading as a credentialed, published, educating bonafide climate scientist.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#42200 Dec 25, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
That link is broken, just like you.
The corrected link is: www.ipcc.ch

You can find a partial list of their mistakes here: http://www.climate2013.org/images/uploads/WGI...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#42202 Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas, my Friends!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42203 Dec 25, 2013
Small mistakes and typos don't make the overall science wrong.

The Earth is still warming, we are causing it, and there are things we can do about it.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42204 Dec 25, 2013
On the subject of mistakes, along with right wing lies...

Fox Business Reporter: Germany's Solar Industry Better Than U.S.'s Because "They've Got A Lot More Sun Than We Do."

WSJ Editorial Board Member: New York City's Bike Share Program Part Of "Totalitarian" Plot.

Fox News: Wind Turbines May Cause "Devastating" Health Effects.

Fox News: Solar Power "Might Be Tanking Our Economy."

When Fox Couldn't Point To Actual Facts To Smear Tesla, They Made Some Up.
litesong

Everett, WA

#42205 Dec 25, 2013
litesong wrote:
You're mixing extreme fundamentalists up with evangelicals. There has been a recent push by extreme fundamentalists to change evangelicals, but evangelicals with more science & mathematics education than extreme fundamentalists, aren't taking the non-science flapjaw seriously.
Ah....... my negative icons come from the extreme fundamentalist AGW deniers who got caught trying to change evangelical Christians........ on Christ's Birthday, too.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#42206 Dec 25, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
On the subject of ...
zealots:

ignore them.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#42207 Dec 25, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>.
Ahh... litesongs talking to himself again... or maybe not. Maybe it was his other 'evil' self that's responding.

And maybe it's his 'evil' self that putting bad icons on his other posts, so that the loon litesong can respond to the 'evil' litesong, and hope people believe there's really two different litesongs here.

Loons... both/all of 'em..

Go troll elsewhere.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42208 Dec 25, 2013
A very merry Christmas to everyone!
Tubby Tuke
#42209 Dec 25, 2013
no

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 min boundary painter 1,682
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min My New Alias RULES 1,395,802
abby6-29-16 18 min boundary painter 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min CrunchyBacon 102,505
Word (Dec '08) 59 min GEORGIA 6,422
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Orleans 216,880
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 2,706
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages