Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 64838 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#41851 Dec 9, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should become an Alaskan hillbilly. It was 19* there today. At the 64th parallel.
Cold, the average is 25*, but don't worry it's weather.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#41852 Dec 9, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Charlie, according to Nome's records, the average for December is 17*.
Mothra

United States

#41853 Dec 9, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
About Nome:

The highest recorded temperature was 86F in 1977.

The lowest recorded temperature was -54F in 1989.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/...

Interesting that their warmest temperature "paused" 36 years ago.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#41854 Dec 9, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
A tornado isn't. A increase in tornado activity is.
<quoted text>
A hurricane isn't, in general. Changes in hurricane frequency and strength is.
You really are clueless aren't you? These red herrings (strawmen) are bogus and just show that you don't know climate (metadata about weather) from weather (current conditions)
werent many hurricanes this year! So who is really the clueless one here? I say it's you!
Lol

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#41855 Dec 9, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand when I scientifically address a toxic topix AGW denier, they can't comprehend. I like that. toxic topix AGW deniers purposefully avoided science & mathematics, & I avoid teaching them, what they have studiously avoided teaching themselves.
i enjoy reminding fools like you that your idiotic opinions have nothing to do with facts. It becomes hilarious when none of you knuckleheads ever make the connection or get the joke!
Lol
B as in B S as in S

Savage, MN

#41856 Dec 9, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
The AGW warm fronts increasingly have enough energy to push Arctic cold southward.
Again, glad to tell you, how AGW effects your life negatively.
Translation:
The cold weather where I live is caused by Man made Global Warming.

Question... At what point does one say: WTF?
litesong

Everett, WA

#41857 Dec 9, 2013
litesong wrote:
I understand when I scientifically address a toxic topix AGW denier, they can't comprehend. I like that. toxic topix AGW deniers purposefully avoided science & mathematics, & I avoid teaching them, what they have studiously avoided teaching themselves.
//////////
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" guffed:
fools like you that your idiotic opinions have nothing to do with facts.
//////////
litesong wrote:
The ego of toxic topix AGW deniers who gladly past on science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, & pre-calc for their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa is bloated. toxic topix AGW deniers have no delay, believing themselves smarter than the scientists with 10 to 16 years more training in science & mathematics.

toxic topix AGW deniers consider themselves full of the FORCE, just by watching Star Wars. In truth toxic topix AGW deniers are full of "farts" like "fun farts"...... & "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y".
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#41858 Dec 9, 2013
B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation:
The cold weather where I live is caused by Man made Global Warming.
Stupidity. The oscillations between extreme heat and extreme cold are associated and probably partially 'caused' by AGW. This particular WEATHER even in 'caused' by a southward driving cold air mass.
B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>
Question... At what point does one say: WTF?
When we learned About AGW and confirmed the problem. But you just said 'FTW?'.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#41859 Dec 9, 2013
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
//////////
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" guffed:
fools like you that your idiotic opinions have nothing to do with facts.
//////////
litesong wrote:
The ego of toxic topix AGW deniers who gladly past on science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, & pre-calc for their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa is bloated. toxic topix AGW deniers have no delay, believing themselves smarter than the scientists with 10 to 16 years more training in science & mathematics.
toxic topix AGW deniers consider themselves full of the FORCE, just by watching Star Wars. In truth toxic topix AGW deniers are full of "farts" like "fun farts"...... & "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y".
can you substantiate your claim of 10-16 years more experience with a cogent post? I'll be waiting, pot smoker !
Lol

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#41860 Dec 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>werent many hurricanes this year! So who is really the clueless one here? I say it's you!
Lol
Oh so weather is only local now, did you bother to look what is happening on the other side of the globe. One lame year hurricane season in the gulf means someone else is getting more than their fair share. Maybe Asia doesn't count in your filtered view of the world.
heavytune

Seattle, WA

#41861 Dec 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>can you substantiate your claim of 10-16 years more experience with a cogent post? I'll be waiting, pot smoker !
Lol
oh but 'rite', he seems to never get tired of his own insanity. 10-16 or more years of nothing and he is still so far off the deep end, even natural cold weather events can't snap his brain cell into reality.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#41862 Dec 9, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so weather is only local now, did you bother to look what is happening on the other side of the globe. One lame year hurricane season in the gulf means someone else is getting more than their fair share. Maybe Asia doesn't count in your filtered view of the world.
look up the historically on cyclones and typhoons, son.
Get back to me when you make a direct connection to man made co2 and how the 2013 typhoon season was unique and different from years past.
I bet you self serving alarmists were even praying for a higher death toll to perpetrate your ridiculous hoax!
Shame on you all!!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#41863 Dec 9, 2013
Historicals.....spell check is a bytch on mobile devices. :-)
heavytune

Seattle, WA

#41864 Dec 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
Historicals.....spell check is a bytch on mobile devices.:-)
don't worry 'rite', it soon may be too cold to use such devices. I found piles of feathers under some of the government approved 'green' machines. president tryvon said it was ok to kill eagles with green machines so I tied them to my foot so I could get magical milage like litesong. I have been featherfooting everywere. what a mess. can't go anywhere without those government approved fresh killed eagle feathers floating everywhere and littering the landscape. no matter how much I featherfoot, the machine runs the same way it ever did. was I lied to? was it all a hoax? were they fudging the numbers? was in fact, it all made up to fool people and make money off the hysteria? if only litesong wasn't such an egotistical lying s.o.b., but we can't blame him. with hardly any schooling, and no social life what so ever we are lucky he has not turned into a mass murderer.
Sam

Hazard, KY

#41865 Dec 9, 2013
+++++++GOD NOW APPROVES OF SAME-SEX-MARRIAGE!!!+++++++ God has changed His mind regarding Homosexuality!. God can change His mind on matters if He wants to, there are instances in the Bible where God does just that!. This time is no different. God has certainly been answering the big Gays prayers lately!, with their recent Supreme Court victories and all. God wouldn't answer me, a Straight guy!. You know, I once asked God for a wife, 5 months later, He gave me a wh**e!. I do admit, I did used to blaspheme God a couple years on down before this, but I stopped this. I figured this was the reason God raped me. If God didn't want to give me a wife, He sure as Hell didn't have to give me that rotten wh**e!!!. Because God bestowed this evil upon me, my blaspheming Him returned with a vengence!!!. I lay it on old God now and I don't care if I do go burn forever, HAHAHAHAHA!!!. I blaspheme God real good now. I do it more then I ever did and I myself, is a might proud of that fact, HAHAHAHAHA!!!...GIVE ME ANOTHER WH**E GOD!!!!!!!!!.
Mothra

United States

#41866 Dec 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>werent many hurricanes this year! So who is really the clueless one here? I say it's you!
Lol
Don't you get it?

When extreme weather events occur, warmists flip through their rolodex to find a corresponding "study" to say, "Aha! See this is science!"
heavytune

Seattle, WA

#41867 Dec 9, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you get it?
When extreme weather events occur, warmists flip through their rolodex to find a corresponding "study" to say, "Aha! See this is science!"
way too funny 'mothra', but you are confusing science with bullsht. sane people know the weather is an everyday, day after day, fact of life. if it were not for changes in the weather, man would not have nothing to talk about. give someone twenty, thirty or more years of government grants of taxpayers money for free, and we have a problem. the gravytrain never stops, it just speeds up. the hysteria must continue. these people are parasites, this is not science, this is junk science at its best. what a phony bunch of you know whats.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#41868 Dec 9, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
Lol
The typhoons made up for it, clueless.
litesong

Everett, WA

#41869 Dec 9, 2013
ratdownthemiddle wrote:
....... 10-16 years more experience
I prove toxic topix AGW deniers are 10-16 years behind scientists' training, every time (6, maybe more) another toxic topix AGW denier says it "consiters a hi skule DEE-plooomaa as ov'r-eddycated"....... specially if'n it got a bunch of scii-ants & muthmutics. What University did you stay away from?
heavytune

Seattle, WA

#41870 Dec 9, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The typhoons made up for it, clueless.
figure it out idiot, they have 8 or more of these storms a year. in years past over 2000, 4000, 6000, 10000, or more unknown people have parished. this storm, even though they had a weeks warning, is small one. man caused global warming my ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min swampmudd 1,780,761
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 4 min Concerned citizen 59
Trump is A (Oct '17) 50 min Jenkins 866
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 5 hr MPMMB 132
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr MPMMB 3,915
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr MPMMB 12,412
Homeowner Defends Home 9 hr Join the NRA 7

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages