Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63981 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#41786 Dec 6, 2013
When it's chilly outside, this is a good map to look at to warm you up.

http://twitter.com/ClimateCentral/status/4090...

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#41787 Dec 6, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you remember, it was the "libs" who made the United States possible.... "Libs" are a good thing.
No, I missed that, capitalists and the northern european work ethic made this country great. Did they not teach history at your school?

Enjoying our little ice age sweeping the country? I could use a dose of globull warming right now.
litesong

San Jose, CA

#41788 Dec 6, 2013
Matter of fact, look over my post, only thing I can co is copy and paste crap and post childish rants about skule.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#41789 Dec 6, 2013
grade school wrote:
<quoted text> Are you and litesong the same immature individual?
No, he is somewhere called Washington and I am somewhere called Mississippi. Is "grade skule" the classic toxic topix AGW denier with no science or mathematics or geography larnin' in its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa?

And no, we are not an individual. He is himself, an individual, and I am an individual.

And no, neither of us is immature. But we do have a lot of experience dealing with it. Especially with toxic topix deniers.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#41790 Dec 6, 2013
For instance, the immaturity of copying and posting under a name that is not one's own.

A 3rd grade sort of immaturity, as practiced by our friend from Cin City.
grade skule

San Jose, CA

#41791 Dec 6, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he is somewhere called Washington and I am somewhere called Mississippi. Is "grade skule" the classic toxic topix AGW denier with no science or mathematics or geography larnin' in its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa?
And no, we are not an individual. He is himself, an individual, and I am an individual.
And no, neither of us is immature. But we do have a lot of experience dealing with it. Especially with toxic topix deniers.
But you are still a moron. and immature. Go kiss Al Gores ass again.
grade skule

San Jose, CA

#41792 Dec 6, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
For instance, the immaturity of copying and posting under a name that is not one's own.
A 3rd grade sort of immaturity, as practiced by our friend from Cin City.
You mean like you going back and judging your post over and over? Think no one caught that? Idiot.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#41793 Dec 6, 2013
That sea level rise is a bitch...

Reuters: Thousands of Britons evacuated from their homes on low-lying east coast areas on Thursday were warned of further woes on Friday in the form of "exceptionally high tides" - the most serious tidal surge for more than 60 years.

Sea levels are higher in some areas than during devastating floods of 1953 that killed hundreds along the North Sea coast.

Speaking after an emergency government meeting on Friday, Environment Secretary Owen Paterson said flood defenses strengthened since 1953 had protected more than 800,000 homes.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#41794 Dec 6, 2013
grade skule wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like you going back and judging your post over and over? Think no one caught that? Idiot.
No, like the immaturity of copying and posting under a name that is not yours.

As I said, a 3rd grade sort of immaturity, as practiced by you.
Beni

Gray, KY

#41795 Dec 6, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, like the immaturity of copying and posting under a name that is not yours.
As I said, a 3rd grade sort of immaturity, as practiced by you.
yep!!!
Beni

Gray, KY

#41796 Dec 6, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>poly want a cracker, squaaaaaaaaaak.
How about Polly Wolly!!!
Sam

Gray, KY

#41797 Dec 6, 2013
+++++++GOD NOW APPROVES OF SAME-SEX-MARRIAGE!!!+++++++ God has changed His mind regarding Homosexuality!. God can change His mind on matters if He wants to, there are instances in the Bible where God does just that!. This time is no different. God has certainly been answering the big Gays prayers lately!, with their recent Supreme Court victories and all. God wouldn't answer me, a Straight guy!. You know, I once asked God for a wife, 5 months later, He gave me a wh**e!. I do admit, I did used to blaspheme God a couple years on down before this, but I stopped this. I figured this was the reason God raped me. If God didn't want to give me a wife, He sure as Hell didn't have to give me that rotten wh**e!!!. Because God bestowed this evil upon me, my blaspheming Him returned with a vengence!!!. I lay it on old God now and I don't care if I do go burn forever, HAHAHAHAHA!!!. I blaspheme God real good now. I do it more then I ever did and I myself, is a might proud of that fact, HAHAHAHAHA!!!...GIVE ME ANOTHER WH**E GOD!!!!!!!!!.
litesong

Everett, WA

#41798 Dec 6, 2013
motheaten wrote:
Books on litesong's nightstand:
Thursday's Universe
Books on motheaten's toilet:

Manual for Wiping
Manual for Toilet Flushing--- Two book Gift Box included-Pee & water resistant, tho stained, given as present from "fetid feces face flip flopper fiend", who failed its technical complexity

How to Bluff at Science without having science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa

How to Look Down on Scientists with 10 to 16 years more Training in Science & Mathematics or How to Stay Away from University

How to be at Home with toxic topix AGW deniers who are slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs &/or alleged & proud threateners

How to Feel as Superior as slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs &/or alleged & proud threateners Feel......the Measly Man's Manual for Joining the KKK
litesong

Everett, WA

#41799 Dec 6, 2013
[QUOTE who="snowed & white washing re-pubic-lick-un"] capitalists and the northern european work ethic.....[/QUOTE]

capitalists, while murdering, torturing & starving Native Tribes, got the poor northern european workers to make capitalists rich, & that's how it would have stayed, tho capitalists would have become richer. But liberal ideas that poor people had the rights, given to them by the Creator, to gather, speak, unionize & share(initially only white men) in empire building wealth made for a strong middle class.

This is easy to see. But "white washing re-pubic-lick-uns" are truth deniers.
jimbo

Zion, IL

#41801 Dec 6, 2013
You people are ridiculous, I'm smarter than u ,no I'm the smartest no i am. Why don't you get off this site and go fix the problem if your all so smart. It sounds like a bunch a kids "smart kids" arguing
Mothra

United States

#41802 Dec 7, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm flattered that you try imitate my posts, but you really suck at it.

Go troll elsewhere.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#41803 Dec 7, 2013
I'll compromise, if winters ever become mild and are no longer painful, I'll support climate change mitigation. Until then, I'll live with global warming as if I can't do anything about it and count myself lucky to be alive. Global warming is better than freezing to death.
gary

Zion, IL

#41804 Dec 7, 2013
20 below zero in Montana at this moment. Global warming huh, ever here of agenda 21
bullspit

Zion, IL

#41805 Dec 7, 2013
20 below zero in Montana ,4below in Denver,a foot of snow in Texas, global warming huh ,ever heard of agenda 21 google it
what

Zion, IL

#41806 Dec 7, 2013
Anyone else

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Reality Check 1,602,222
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr loose cannon 242,622
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 hr honeymylove 11,315
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 15 hr They cannot kill ... 1,582
The Party of Racism. 18 hr Well Well 30
Coffee with Jesus. Sat Ooftus Goofus 8
Black-Lives-Matter, saves goods, shoes etc. fro... Sat Jesse Js Buddies 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages