Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
39,181 - 39,200 of 45,911 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
B as in B S as in S

Prior Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
"motheaten" loves cherries, even in cold weather.
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/extremes/records/
"motheaten" has many records yet to set to catch up with high temperature records in the next year. Its surprising, since toxic topix AGW deniers have been saying 2013 was cold & is sending Earth back into an ice age....... or its NOT surprising, since toxic topix AGW deniers have no science or mathematics.
<quoted text>
"motheaten" doesn't say nothin' about hi-low temperature records & then springs the last seven day period of low temperature records that DON'T number 1000. In answer, I show, including the period "motheaten" publishes, the last year's 32,000+ hi temperature records, out-numbering low temperature records by 5 to 1. Yes, that is a good defense of AGW.
What isn't a good defense of toxic topix AGW denier evidence, is "motheaten", seeing the same data I used, did NOT present full data, first hand. It shows "motheaten" to be a toxic topix AGW denier & cherry-picker, wishing to deny AGW science.
"motheaten" knew that hi temperature records out-weighed cold temperature records, because this information has been presented over & over again on these toxic topix pages. But "motheaten" found a weeks worth of low-temperature records to toot & tote.
Presently, the "motheaten" seven days of tootin' & totin' records, got caught in error in the first day. & now "motheaten" is tootin' a sour tune & totin' a heavy burden of error.
As for your defense of "motheaten" & his bitter toxic topix pills, defense is no defense at all...... just a poor sick toxic topix AGW denier case of "flapjaw"
"

"]"motheaten" loves cherries, even in cold weather.
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/extremes/records/
"motheaten" has many records yet to set to catch up with high temperature records in the next year. Its surprising, since toxic topix AGW deniers have been saying 2013 was cold & is sending Earth back into an ice age....... or its NOT surprising, since toxic topix AGW deniers have no science or mathematics.
"motheaten" doesn't say nothin' about hi-low temperature records & then springs the last seven day period of low temperature records that DON'T number 1000. In answer, I show, including the period "motheaten" publishes, the last year's 32,000+ hi temperature records, out-numbering low temperature records by 5 to 1. Yes, that is a good defense of AGW.
What isn't a good defense of toxic topix AGW denier evidence, is "motheaten", seeing the same data I used, did NOT present full data, first hand. It shows "motheaten" to be a toxic topix AGW denier & cherry-picker, wishing to deny AGW science.
"motheaten" knew that hi temperature records out-weighed cold temperature records, because this information has been presented over & over again on these toxic topix pages. But "motheaten" found a weeks worth of low-temperature records to toot & tote.
Presently, the "motheaten" seven days of tootin' & totin' records, got caught in error in the first day. & now "motheaten" is tootin' a sour tune & totin' a heavy burden of error.
As for your defense of "motheaten" & his bitter toxic topix pills, your defense is no defense at all...... just a poor sick toxic topix AGW denier case of "flapjaw". "

You do realize that NO one is reading your long rants when they contain nothing but insults and name calling... Don't you?

Wow really???... If that is the most intelligent contribution you can make in defense of CAGW Orthodoxy then
you guys are really screwed
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>"
You do realize that NO one is reading your long rants when they contain nothing but insults and name calling... Don't you?
Wow really???... If that is the most intelligent contribution you can make in defense of CAGW Orthodoxy then
you guys are really screwed
Litesong is a useful idiot for the cause.

He's tolerated, never challenged but given an occasional pat on the head and cookie cuz... well, hmmmm... cuz warmists are terrified that any chink in their armor will rust it out.

That's my guess. I mean... they always say it's about the "science" don't they? They climb up on their haughty pedestals of "knowledge" and browbeat the "uneducated", but for litesong's goofball nonsense?

<crickets>

Where is their integrity? Their critical analysis for 'one of their own'?

Notice... warmists don't criticize other warmists. As we saw with Climategate, their MO when challenged was to circle the wagons to defend every 'scientist' down to the last email.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Calling me a tool is truly the kettle calling the pot black.

Lies, misrepresentations, baseless accusations, and more lies. That's all you've got. If you had evidence, you would produce it.

But....you can't.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

(Reuters)- An internationally agreed target to limit rises in global average temperatures to within 2 degrees Celsius is around double the threshold that would avoid catastrophic climate change, a study by 18 eminent scientists said.

A study published in U.S.-based scientific journal PLOS One on Tuesday said the 2 degree limit was too high and a more appropriate target was around 1 degree C.

"An appropriate target is to keep global temperature within or close to the temperature range in the Holocene - the interglacial period in which civilization developed," they said.

The full study is available at: www.plosone.org/
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

WASHINGTON -- Climatic changes -- and the results of those changes -- could occur within decades or even sooner, and they are becoming a greater concern for scientists, according to a new paper from the National Academy of Sciences.

"The most challenging changes are the abrupt ones," said James White, a professor of geological sciences at the University of Colorado in Boulder and chair of the report committee. White and several coauthors of the paper spoke at a press conference Tuesday morning.

The paper focuses on those impacts due to climate change that can happen most quickly. Among these are the rapid decline in Arctic sea ice that scientists have seen in the last decade and increased extinction pressure on plants and animals caused by the rapidly warming climate.

Many such changes, according to Tony Barnosky, a professor in the Department of Integrative Biology at the University of California, Berkeley, are "things that people in this room will be around to see." He emphasized that scientists are "really worried about what's going to happen in the next several years or decades."

"The planet is going to be warmer than most species living on Earth today have seen it, including humans," said Barnosky. "The pace of change is orders of magnitude higher than what species have experienced in the last tens of millions of years."

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< ><>

Deniers are liars.
Deniers are traitors.
Deniers are death-lovers.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

You do realize that NO one is reading.......
toxic topix AGW deniers stop reading when science is the material. toxic topix AGW deniers have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas & have no science or mathematics degrees.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

truth farts wrote:
.....University professors that warn of this ,blah,blah,blah horsesh## makes me laugh.
toxic topix AGW deniers stop reading when science is the material. toxic topix AGW deniers have no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas & have no science or mathematics degrees.

toxic topix AGW deniers are baby dependent on a technical society, but have no idea how a technical future can or will unfold.
Democrat mother

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
toxic topix AGW deniers are baby dependent on a technical society, but have no idea how a technical future can or will unfold.
Are you 12 years old?
Sam

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

+++++++GOD NOW APPROVES OF SAME-SEX-MARRIAGEE!!!+++++++ God has changed His mind regarding Homosexuality!. God can change His mind on matters if He wants to, there are instances in the Bible where God does just that!. This time is no different. God has certainly been answering the big Gays prayers lately!, with their recent Supreme Court victories and all. God wouldn't answer me, a Straight guy!. You know, I once asked God for a wife, 5 months later, He gave me a wh**e!. I do admit, I did used to blaspheme God a couple years on down before this, but I stopped this. I figured this was the reason God raped me. If God didn't want to give me a wife, He sure as Hell didn't have to give me that rotten wh**e!!!. Because God bestowed this evil upon me, my blaspheming Him returned with a vengence!!!. I lay it on old God now and I don't care if I do go burn forever, HAHAHAHAHA!!!. I blaspheme God real good now. I do it more then I ever did and I myself, is a might proud of that fact, HAHAHAHAHA!!!...GIVE ME ANOTHER WH**E GOD!!!!!!!!!.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Your tax dollars at work. Last year, your taxes paid this:

Fossil fuel subsidies:$521.73.

Solar energy subsidies:$7.24.

Your bitching about green subsidies is misplaced.
Democrat mother

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
Your tax dollars at work. Last year, your taxes paid this:
Fossil fuel subsidies:$521.73.
Solar energy subsidies:$7.24.
Your bitching about green subsidies is misplaced.
That's impossible. Last year? 2012? Your figures are not correct. Come back when you have accurate information for 2012.
ObamaSCARE

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Democrat mother wrote:
<quoted text>
That's impossible. Last year? 2012? Your figures are not correct. Come back when you have accurate information for 2012.
Why would you be silly enough to parade yourself as a "Democrat" mother after the liar-in-chief Obama has proven to be such a disgrace to the Democratic Party. Wake up and smell his snakeoil, woman!
U sick pervert

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, "acidpunk", I'll bet tropical cyclones even killed dinosaurs 100 million years ago.
But our concern is on what kills PEOPLE today. And in the future.
You think my family reunions have anything to do with the science? That just shows how little you know about science OR families.
So what makes the storms that "killed dinosaurs 100 million years ago" different from storms that kill people?
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
More rambling, incoherent insults?
Wow...
If that is the most intelligent contribution you can make in defense of CAGW Orthodoxy then you guys are really screwed.
heavytune

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
More rambling, incoherent insults?
Wow...
If that is the most intelligent contribution you can make in defense of CAGW Orthodoxy then you guys are really screwed.
oh but 'b', he has done so much, when the roof of his fireworks shack collapsed he turned green and let the blackberry bushes cover it over. you can't even tell that all of his garbage is on that hillside. his 'magic' car has not been towed home yet from the bar down the hill, so we can't compute the fantastic milage that thing has been getting. he has been in the 'special' class for so long that he looks down on normal folks, we didn't get to ride on the 'special' bus so we are out of the loop, and just don't know the real stuff. it only rains after the dance has been done. gee wizz 'b' you should have known that.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
//////////
"democrat mom" muffed:
Are you 12 years old?
/////////
litesong wrote:
toxic topix AGW deniers, mostly re-pubic-lick-un, have percentage-wise considerably fewer technical, science & mathematical degrees than average. When toxic topix AGW deniers try to talk science, they talk oil, energy, business, re-pubic-lick-un propaganda PEE-R.
Democrat mother

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

ObamaSCARE wrote:
<quoted text> Why would you be silly enough to parade yourself as a "Democrat" mother after the liar-in-chief Obama has proven to be such a disgrace to the Democratic Party. Wake up and smell his snakeoil, woman!
Me and my fellow Democrats will vote Democratic NO MATTER WHAT.

Even if Obama wrecks the economy and the country (which I don't think he is doing), we Democrats will move on to vote for new Democrats that promise a brighter future in a clean green diverse world free of homophobia, racism and sexism.
heavytune

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

U sick pervert wrote:
<quoted text>
So what makes the storms that "killed dinosaurs 100 million years ago" different from storms that kill people?
well 'pervert', 100 million years ago gore and his buddies were not trying to make money off of the weather. please pay as soon as you can. it is the only way.
ObamaSCARE

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Democrat mother wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Obama wrecks the economy and the country (which I don't think he is doing), we Democrats will move on to vote for new Democrats that promise a brighter future in a clean green diverse world free of homophobia, racism and sexism.
You should have stopped at "Even if Obama wrecks the economy and the country", because that is exactly what he is attempting to do. What a shame that you cannot or choose not to understand that! One does not have to be a "democrat" to embrace those other beliefs, but if you are so stuck on stupid as to believe that, too, you are welcome to fantasize.
heavytune

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Democrat mother wrote:
<quoted text>
I'am so sorry, mother, there will never be another democrat voted in.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask Amy 8-1-14 3 min Cass 4
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min TRD 68,079
Abby 8-1-14 10 min Cass 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Patrick 1,084,523
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Bellweather 175,243
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 50 min PEllen 97,587
Ku Klux Klan recruitment drive raises old fears... 1 hr Hurray 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE