Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 62343 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

litesong

Everett, WA

#41759 Dec 5, 2013
[QUOTE who="no, I'm swarmy"]an elementary school graduate.....[/QUOTE]

You never got a hi skule DEE-plooomaa with science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc.
litesong

Everett, WA

#41760 Dec 5, 2013
No Warming wrote:
a touchy bunch......
You never touched homework for a hi skule DEE-plooomaa with science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#41761 Dec 5, 2013
fun farts wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, you got it, it's all those things, and more.
Thing is, those factors can be *measured*:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/globalwarming/...

And it's an observational fact that they're not causing the modern warming.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#41762 Dec 6, 2013
There are no experimental tests of climate change mitigation, no observations of demonstrations that change global climate.
Cut n Paste

Minneapolis, MN

#41763 Dec 6, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is, those factors can be *measured*:
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/globalwarming/...
And it's an observational fact that they're not causing the modern warming.
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>"Hahaha... Without the IPCC assessment, the public would have no idea that our fossil-fuel usage is heating up the planet."
Al Gore

Fullerton, CA

#41764 Dec 6, 2013
I fooled you all. Sorry, but I just had to do it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#41765 Dec 6, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, you got it, it's all those things, and more.
Yes, it is the "more" that concerns.
litesong

Everett, WA

#41766 Dec 6, 2013
litesong wrote:
In early 2000's AGW scientists said Antarctic sea ice would increase...... because of AGW.
/////////
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" guffed:
so ice is forming due to warming.
Write your thesis someday ...... if you ever make it that far, son! Lets see if you're awarded your "deeplooma"
/////////
litesong wrote:
Don't need to. Its been done a decade before you ever showed up on toxic topix AGW forums. Of course, toxic topix AGW deniers never understand the truth of science & mathematics, since they have no science or mathematics in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas. I love toxic topix AGW deniers to keep falling in this Antarctic sea ice hole, that AGW predicted & has been published here dozens (more?) of times:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/06/...
Mothra

United States

#41768 Dec 6, 2013
litesong wrote:
Do everyone a favor and just shut up.
LessHypeMoreFact

Orleans, Canada

#41769 Dec 6, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm... no admission of an error to your claim.
Typical of warmists.
I admit that you are in error.
Typical of denialists.
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#41770 Dec 6, 2013
More leftist propaganda! Wait, what about the polar bears......oh yeah, warm coat, boots and blankets along with food and fuel.....nothing will go to waste!
Mothra

United States

#41771 Dec 6, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit that you are in error.
Typical of denialists.
Given the chance to chance to admit error, the warmist doesn't.

So fragile they are.

LOL
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#41772 Dec 6, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem being, the verses you sing can't be proven.
Or can they? I suppose you can prove "it's all those things, and more"?
Ok.Now you want proof of what???... that the Sun is one "verse" of many which is responsible for Climate Change? We know from experience that you guys who profess your faith in CO2 driven CAGW NEVER ever admit you are wrong so it will be fun to watch as you claim the facts do not support the many "verses" idea.
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, chump, the facts are against you.
Ok, tell us why :-)
A Czervik

AOL

#41773 Dec 6, 2013
I shoulda said TWO !!!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#41774 Dec 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
There are no experimental tests of climate change mitigation, no observations of demonstrations that change global climate.
Broken_R ecord Brain_D ead, with NO understanding of science.
litesong

Everett, WA

#41776 Dec 6, 2013
motheaten wrote:
Do everyone a favor and just shut up.
Years ago, I was thinking about leaving toxic topix AGW forums. Then, toxic topic AGW deniers, like "lyin' brian" & "bob burns", among others, used the same tactics on me, they used on other AGW advocates to get them to leave. Yes, some of the worst toxic topix AGW deniers are slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs AND alleged & proud threateners.

So now, ya got me forever because......... so many toxic topix AGW deniers are slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs AND alleged & proud threateners.

Hey "motheaten"........ how much ya like your brethren? It'll be a measure of how much "slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener", ya got in yourself.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#41777 Dec 6, 2013
If I lie, just cite an experimental test of climate change mitigation to prove me wrong. Or post any peer reviewed experiment that caused a change in atmospheric CO2 or global climate from a controlled release or capture of any GHG. Show us the experimental record of man changing global climate, if it exists.
grade school

San Jose, CA

#41778 Dec 6, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Broken_R ecord Brain_D ead, with NO understanding of science.
Are you and litesong the same immature individual?
litesong

Everett, WA

#41779 Dec 6, 2013
grade skule wrote:
Are you......
Is "grade skule" the classic toxic topix AGW denier with no science or mathematics in its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
litesong

San Jose, CA

#41780 Dec 6, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Is "grade skule" the classic toxic topix AGW denier with no science or mathematics in its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
polly want a cracker squaaaaaack.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Gunner 1,459,869
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 46 min District 1 231,181
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 1,975
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2,762
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ize Found 71,238
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Go Blue Forever 104,548
The Color of Crime in Chicago. 5 hr Earl 20

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages