Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 49,316
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
Hillarybama

Palm Coast, FL

#41715 Dec 4, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Thing!
It must be depressing to be so negative and obsessed.
Yes, you are. Now pray to Obama for a decent president.
Hillarybama

Palm Coast, FL

#41716 Dec 4, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans and right wingers in general are running scared. As the income divide worsens, the working Americans turn to the Democrats in large numbers for 'family values' while the wealthy tend to turn to the GOP. They get a little support from the really poor religious right but they need a lot more. This lowers their numbers drastically in most riding except for those 'wealthy enclaves' where they can rub shoulders with other rich whites and splits the vote in the rest of the regions with them being outnumbered by working families.
While gerrymandering of electoral boundaries guarantees the re-election of incumbents under almost any circumstance, the number of 'rich enclaves' is limited so in many cases they cannot muster the numbers to defeat the masses.
The only solution for them is pumping money in election advertising and it has failed to turn it around. The US is headed to a one party rule if they don't find some other way to rig the system.
So you cannot blame him for being scared and obsessed.
For Obamaworshippingfools like you, as Hillary says, "What DIFFERENCE does it make?" Bwhahahahahahahaha...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41717 Dec 4, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
As the income divide worsens,[talking point bullshyt omitted]
The 'income divide' has gotten worse under Obama.

>>But what Obama conveniently leaves out of his sermons is that income inequality has grown faster on his watch than any time in the past two decades, at least.

Research by University of California economist Emmanuel Saez shows that since the Obama recovery started in June 2009, the average income of the top 1% grew 11.2% in real terms through 2011.

The bottom 99%, in contrast, saw their incomes shrink by 0.4%.

As a result, 121% of the gains in real income during Obama's recovery have gone to the top 1%. By comparison, the top 1% captured 65% of income gains during the Bush expansion of 2002-07, and 45% of the gains under Clinton's expansion in the 1990s.

The Census Bureau's official measure of income inequality — called the Gini index — shows similar results. During the Bush years, the index was flat overall — finishing in 2008 exactly where it started in 2001.

It's gone up each year since Obama has been president and now stands at all-time highs.

It's worth underscoring that the growing income gap under Obama isn't the result of the rich getting fabulously richer. Nor is it any sort of indictment of "trickle down" economics.

Instead, it is the direct result of Obama's historically weak economic recovery, which has left the rest of the country falling behind while the wealthy have managed to make gains.

Census data show, for example, that the poorest 20% of families saw their real average income continue to fall each year from 2009 to 2011 — the last year for which the Census has data — while the top 20% recouped losses suffered in the recession.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0730...

d'Oh!
Anti Christq

Minneapolis, MN

#41718 Dec 4, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Calling me a tool is truly the kettle calling the pot black.
Lies, misrepresentations, baseless accusations, and more lies. That's all you've got. If you had evidence, you would produce it.
But....you can't.
Failing to offer even one example followed by logic and reason does little to legitimize your claims. On the other hand I CAN offer examples to back up my statements:

You are a PHUCKIN PERVERT who lurks on these sights to molest unsuspecting people like Kristen.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
gcaveman1 wrote:
gcaveman1 wrote:

"Are you paying attention? Are you recording this? "
"I want you to know that I am about to show you to be a COMPLETE fool!"
"And he still wants to debate what they say!"

"2. Because they're two different charts, dumbass?

Are you paying attention while I screw your little butthole?"

"Are you recording this? Are you paying attention?"

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>

If I'm misreading the chart then it should be really easy for you to answer the questions, especially the first question. If you won't answer the questions, then it is safe to say you are misreading the chart.
http://350orbust.com/2010/03/01/icebergs-ice -...
"I hope I have answered your dumbass questions."

"If I'm misreading the chart..." HA!

Try "misreading the CHARTS", try misreading the graphs.

And you suggest that we are misreading the graphs. Typical substitution of blame, a sign of a serious personality disorder, if not serious mental illness.

Did you enjoy all this as much as I did?

You're fucked."

"I think you're a little sore since I screwed you."

"Didn't like it much, huh?"

"You never had any credibility and now you've even lost that."
http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T1046AOH0DHHII...

"...so good that you want to keep it in your mouth all the time?
You are a piece of southern trash that deserves nothing less than to burn in your own fantasy creation of GW He'll.
You are one sick Hillbilly so do us all a favor and improve the human race.
Anti Christq

Minneapolis, MN

#41719 Dec 4, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
2. Because they're two different charts, dumbass?
Are you paying attention while I screw your little butthole?
PERVERT!
Hillarybama

Palm Coast, FL

#41720 Dec 4, 2013
Hillarybama wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, you are. Now pray to Obama for a decent president.
Suck it up again, Obamabots! LOL
Hillarybama

Palm Coast, FL

#41721 Dec 4, 2013
Hillarybama wrote:
<quoted text> For Obamaworshippingfools like you, as Hillary says, "What DIFFERENCE does it make?" Bwhahahahahahahaha...
That's what she said...Bwhahahahahahahahahahah ahaha...
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#41722 Dec 4, 2013
U sick pervert wrote:
<quoted text>
So what makes the storms that "killed dinosaurs 100 million years ago" different from storms that kill people?
We are people.

What are you?
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#41723 Dec 4, 2013
Anti Christq wrote:
<quoted text>
Failing to offer even one example followed by logic and reason does little to legitimize your claims. On the other hand I CAN offer examples to back up my statements:
You are a PHUCKIN PERVERT who lurks on these sights to molest unsuspecting people like Kristen.
<quoted text>
You are a piece of southern trash that deserves nothing less than to burn in your own fantasy creation of GW He'll.
I usually get these kinds of responses after I've made a complete fool out of someone. Seems it's happened to you.

I'll be somewhat more polite and say that I handed her/him his/her head on a plate.

You seem to have a real hard-on for me. Is it because I screwed your little butthole brain and it hurt?

In future, if you would like to avoid these kinds of intimate encounters, may I suggest that you check your facts and come armed with real evidence. Otherwise, darling, it's just going to happen again, me on top, tearing your ass up.

If you can't stand the heat, or, if you are not equipped with enough brainpower, then stay the hell away from this thread.

Sweetheart.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#41724 Dec 4, 2013
Anti Christq wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Far from being an innocent and unsuspecting victim of my biting wit and keen perception, Kristy jumped into this fight as a pugnacious, deceptive denier who thought he/she was so smart that no one would notice a difference in two graphs showing two different things labeled with two different titles, only to be savagely smacked down for trying to perpetrate a lie on people who were obviously smarter than him/her.

Are you Kristy? Or is it your little sister?

Whut us hillbillies down heah in Misippi say is, if you cain't run with the big dawgs, stay on the porch.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#41725 Dec 4, 2013
B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... First a pervert, always a pervert, and now a STRAWMAN. One would do well if one could read.
I repeat:
"Summary: CAGW is linked to a typhoon season in which a single severe storm made landfall."
You have no argument.

Even IF ONLY ONE severe storm made LANDFALL, would that mean that the other dozen severe storms DID NOT EXIST?

Summary: IDIOT!

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#41726 Dec 4, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Do you always do your #2 first?
Answer: Yes, you do because you learn science from science denier blogs.. LOL.
P.S. Wake up. You are using stale denier material..
enjoying the record cold, dumbrowski?

“no one told me”

Denver

#41727 Dec 4, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
WASHINGTON -- Climatic changes -- and the results of those changes -- could occur within decades or even sooner, and they are becoming a greater concern for scientists, according to a new paper from the National Academy of Sciences.
"The most challenging changes are the abrupt ones," said James White, a professor of geological sciences at the University of Colorado in Boulder and chair of the report committee. White and several coauthors of the paper spoke at a press conference Tuesday morning.
The paper focuses on those impacts due to climate change that can happen most quickly. Among these are the rapid decline in Arctic sea ice that scientists have seen in the last decade and increased extinction pressure on plants and animals caused by the rapidly warming climate.
Many such changes, according to Tony Barnosky, a professor in the Department of Integrative Biology at the University of California, Berkeley, are "things that people in this room will be around to see." He emphasized that scientists are "really worried about what's going to happen in the next several years or decades."
"The planet is going to be warmer than most species living on Earth today have seen it, including humans," said Barnosky. "The pace of change is orders of magnitude higher than what species have experienced in the last tens of millions of years."
<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< ><>
Deniers are liars.
Deniers are traitors.
Deniers are death-lovers.
are these the same idiots who predicted a bad hurricane season this year?

thought so.

“no one told me”

Denver

#41728 Dec 4, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'income divide' has gotten worse under Obama.
>>But what Obama conveniently leaves out of his sermons is that income inequality has grown faster on his watch than any time in the past two decades, at least.
Research by University of California economist Emmanuel Saez shows that since the Obama recovery started in June 2009, the average income of the top 1% grew 11.2% in real terms through 2011.
The bottom 99%, in contrast, saw their incomes shrink by 0.4%.
As a result, 121% of the gains in real income during Obama's recovery have gone to the top 1%. By comparison, the top 1% captured 65% of income gains during the Bush expansion of 2002-07, and 45% of the gains under Clinton's expansion in the 1990s.
The Census Bureau's official measure of income inequality — called the Gini index — shows similar results. During the Bush years, the index was flat overall — finishing in 2008 exactly where it started in 2001.
It's gone up each year since Obama has been president and now stands at all-time highs.
It's worth underscoring that the growing income gap under Obama isn't the result of the rich getting fabulously richer. Nor is it any sort of indictment of "trickle down" economics.
Instead, it is the direct result of Obama's historically weak economic recovery, which has left the rest of the country falling behind while the wealthy have managed to make gains.
Census data show, for example, that the poorest 20% of families saw their real average income continue to fall each year from 2009 to 2011 — the last year for which the Census has data — while the top 20% recouped losses suffered in the recession.
Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0730...
d'Oh!
good news:
Less than 30% of millennials will sign up for Obamacare, survey says
A poll from Harvard University finds less than a third of uninsured consumers in the 18-29 age group plan to sign up for Obamacare.
MarketWatchHealthHealth Care PolicyBarack ObamaHealth insurance

Hopefully the little dummies will remember for the 2014 elections
Jenks

United States

#41729 Dec 4, 2013

Arctic scientist in global warming row retires as part of settlement with government

Published December 04, 2013/
FoxNews.com

An Alaska scientist who gained fame in 2011 due to his observations of drowned polar bears, findings that helped galvanize the global warming movement, has retired as part of a settlement with a federal agency.

Charles Monnett was briefly suspended in 2011 from his work with the U.S. Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement — now known as the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management —during an inspector general's investigation into a polar bear research contract he managed. Investigators in their report released last year said the probe was prompted by a complaint from an Interior Department employee who alleged that Monnett had wrongfully released government records and he and another scientist intentionally omitted or used false data in an article on polar bears.

The agency, BOEM, ultimately found no evidence of scientific misconduct but reprimanded Monnett for improper release of emails that an Interior Department official said were cited by a federal appeals court in decisions to vacate agency approval of an oil and gas company's Arctic exploration plan.

While Monnett returned to work, his prior research portfolio, which was focused on Arctic issues, had been reassigned, said Jeff Ruch, executive director of the watchdog group Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility, which helped Monnett with his case. Monnett filed a complaint, seeking to have the reprimand rescinded, to have his name restored to an award for a bowhead whale tracking project and the ability to transfer jobs, a request that the complaint said had not been granted.

Under the settlement, signed in October but released by Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility on Wednesday, Monnett will receive $100,000 but cannot seek Interior Department work for five years. His retirement was effective Nov. 15, at which point the agency agreed to withdraw the letter of reprimand and issue Monnett a certificate for his work on the tracking project.

The settlement makes clear that it does not constitute any admission of liability, including any admission that federal employees "treated Monnett in a discriminatory or retaliatory manner." BOEM spokeswoman Connie Gillette said by email that she could not comment on personnel matters but said sound science is the foundation of BOEM's decision-making and the agency takes the integrity of its scientists and reliability of their work very seriously.

Monnett, in a release, said the agency tried to silence and discredit him "and send a chilling message to other scientists at a key time when permits for oil and gas exploration in the Arctic were being considered. They failed on the first two goals, but I believe that what they did to me did make others afraid to speak up, even internally."

He said he could not, in good conscience, "work for an agency that promotes dishonesty, punishes those who actually stand up for scientific integrity, and that cannot tolerate scientific work not pre-shaped to serve its agenda."

Ruch said Monnett, 65, is exploring his future options. He said he left his federal job with a fully vested pension.

In 2004, during an aerial survey of bowhead whales, Monnett and another researcher saw four dead polar bears floating in the water after a storm, observations that were later detailed in a peer-reviewed article. They said they were reporting to the best of their knowledge the first observations of the bears floating dead and presumed drowned while apparently swimming long distances.

They said their findings suggested drowning-related deaths of polar bears may increase in the future if the regression of pack ice or periods of longer open water continues. The observations helped make the polar bear a symbol for the climate change movement.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Sam

Nancy, KY

#41730 Dec 5, 2013
+++++++GOD NOW APPROVES OF SAME-SEX-MARRIAGE!!!+++++++ God has changed His mind regarding Homosexuality!. God can change His mind on matters if He wants to, there are instances in the Bible where God does just that!. This time is no different. God has certainly been answering the big Gays prayers lately!, with their recent Supreme Court victories and all. God wouldn't answer me, a Straight guy!. You know, I once asked God for a wife, 5 months later, He gave me a wh**e!. I do admit, I did used to blaspheme God a couple years on down before this, but I stopped this. I figured this was the reason God raped me. If God didn't want to give me a wife, Hé sure as Hell didn't have to give me that rotten wh**e!!!. Because God bestowed this evil upon me, my blaspheming Him returned with a vengence!!!. I lay it on old God now and I don't care if I do go burn forever, HAHAHAHAHA!!!. I blaspheme God real good now. I do it more then I ever did and I myself, is a might proud of that fact, HAHAHAHAHA!!!...GIVE ME ANOTHER WH**E GOD!!!!!!!!!.
WARMING EVAPORATES

Monroe, NC

#41731 Dec 5, 2013
The 2013 hurricane season just ended as one of the five quietest years since 1960. But don’t expect anyone who pointed to last year’s hurricanes as “proof” of the need to act against global warming to apologize; the warmists don’t work that way.

Warmist claims of a severe increase in hurricane activity go back to 2005 and Hurricane Katrina. The cover of Al Gore’s 2009 book,“Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis,” even features a satellite image of the globe with four major hurricanes superimposed.

Yet the evidence to the contrary was there all along. Back in 2005 I and others reviewed the entire hurricane record, which goes back over a century, and found no increase of any kind. Yes, we sometimes get bad storms — but no more frequently now than in the past. The advocates simply ignored that evidence — then repeated their false claims after Hurricane Sandy last year.

And the media play along. For example, it somehow wasn’t front-page news that committed believers in man-made global warming recently admitted there’s been no surface global warming for well over a decade and maybe none for decades more. Nor did we see warmists conceding that their explanation is essentially a confession that the previous warming may not have been man-made at all.

FULL STORY:
http://nypost.com/2013/12/05/global-warming-p...

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#41732 Dec 5, 2013
heavytune wrote:
<quoted text>yea 'bozo' kind of like you telling everyone you can't grow tomatoes because you don't like the weather. good one.
It seems that the truth brings with it the desperation of the deniers. My tomatoes did quite well last summer. The temperature was not such that the tomatoes would not set. I advise that you study the facts about growing tomatoes then perhaps you will do better. Science always trumps.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#41733 Dec 5, 2013
WARMING EVAPORATES wrote:
The 2013 hurricane season just ended as one of the five quietest years since 1960. But don’t expect anyone who pointed to last year’s hurricanes as “proof” of the need to act against global warming to apologize; the warmists don’t work that way.
Warmist claims of a severe increase in hurricane activity go back to 2005 and Hurricane Katrina. The cover of Al Gore’s 2009 book,“Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis,” even features a satellite image of the globe with four major hurricanes superimposed.
Yet the evidence to the contrary was there all along. Back in 2005 I and others reviewed the entire hurricane record, which goes back over a century, and found no increase of any kind. Yes, we sometimes get bad storms — but no more frequently now than in the past. The advocates simply ignored that evidence — then repeated their false claims after Hurricane Sandy last year.
And the media play along. For example, it somehow wasn’t front-page news that committed believers in man-made global warming recently admitted there’s been no surface global warming for well over a decade and maybe none for decades more. Nor did we see warmists conceding that their explanation is essentially a confession that the previous warming may not have been man-made at all.
FULL STORY:
Try getting your facts straight. Here is what the experts have to say;
http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warming-and-h...
WARMING EVAPORATES

Monroe, NC

#41734 Dec 5, 2013
cont.

That admission came in a new paper by prominent warmists in the peer-reviewed journal Climate Dynamics. They not only conceded that average global surface temperatures stopped warming a full 15 years ago, but that this “pause” could extend into the 2030s.
Mind you, the term “pause” is misleading in the extreme: Unless and until it resumes again, it’s just a “stop.” You don’t say a bullet-ridden body “paused” breathing.
Remarkably, that stoppage has practically been a state secret. Just five years ago, the head of the International Panel on Climate Change, the group most associated with “proving” that global warming is man-made and has horrific potential consequences, told Congress that Earth is running a “fever” that’s “apt to get much worse.” Yet he and IPCC knew the warming had stopped a decade earlier.
Those who pointed this out, including yours truly, were labeled “denialists.” Yet the IPCC itself finally admitted the “pause” in its latest report.
The single most damning aspect of the “pause” is that, because it has occurred when “greenhouse gases” have been pouring into the atmosphere at record levels, it shows at the very least that something natural is at play here. The warmists suggest that natural factors have “suppressed” the warming temporarily, but that’s just a guess: The fact is, they have nothing like the understanding of the climate that they claimed (and their many models that all showed future warming mean nothing, since they all used essentially the same false information).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Patriot 1,155,778
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Guru 182,076
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min Frijoles 71,241
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Religionthebiglie 51,284
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr moe 98,875
Is Vanessa Hudgens A PORN-STAR ?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Jenny Derin 187
Holiday Greetings 9 hr Scrooge and Cratchit 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]