Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 46,707
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#41671 Nov 30, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's see.
The video I posted is from a major US university and contains the views of many leading scientists who study the Arctic.
And yours is by an anonymous nobody on the internet.
And you think that one is as valid as the other?
Wow... If that is the most intelligent contribution you can make in defense of CAGW Orthodoxy then
you guys are really screwed
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#41672 Nov 30, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
People named "rocky", like to talk rocks & collect rocks....... in their brains. toxic topix AGW deniers have no science or mathematics.
Wow really???... If that is the most intelligent contribution you can make in defense of CAGW Orthodoxy then
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41673 Nov 30, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's see.
The video I posted is from a major US university and contains the views of many leading scientists who study the Arctic.
And yours is by an anonymous nobody on the internet.
And you think that one is as valid as the other?
The data was from the National Snow and Ice Data Center.

But I understand your point... warmists love credentials.
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#41674 Nov 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
If global warming is real, I want to see politicians go to the poles during winter. When I see video of them sunbathing under the ozone hole on the North Pole in December, I'll believe. Did you know global warming's most significant effects happen deep under the seas, high in the atmosphere and at the poles? Or the effects are more significant at night, while you're sleeping.
Wake up.
What a great observation.
Yes! Now that you mention it....
Global warming is decried for being primarily in unpopulated locations such as ...'possibly deep in the ocean','high in the atmosphere', and 'way up at the 'North Pole'.

SpaceBlues nailed it on the head when he wrote:
"Without the IPCC assessment, the public would have no idea that our fossil-fuel usage is heating up the planet."

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#41675 Nov 30, 2013
How do we stop you remaining climate blame believers from telling our kids it "WILL BE" a crisis when science has agreed on nothing beyond just COULD BE a crisis and not one IPCC warning says; "inevitable" or "eventual". Science has not said it will so you can't either, although the kids are laughing now at this Reefer Madness of climate blame.
Anti Christ

Minneapolis, MN

#41676 Nov 30, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like one of us.
You're still an idiot, and I'm not; this is where we differ.
And your little lap dogs, too. Mothra, koolaid, Teener, dirtling, you are all useful idiots; no science, no argument.
I pity those in the dark.
Too funny...
Holy Christ... You are quite the tool aren't you?

So you say: "You sound like one of us. You're still an idiot, and I'm not..."

There ARE other areaS where we differ. A FEW EXAMPLES:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>

"Are you paying attention? Are you recording this? I want you to know that I am about to show you to be a COMPLETE fool!"

"Are you paying attention while I screw your little butthole?"
"You never had any credibility and now you've even lost that."

"I think you're a little sore since I screwed you."

"Didn't like it much, huh?".

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#41677 Nov 30, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
The data was from the National Snow and Ice Data Center.
But I understand your point... warmists love credentials.
And ignorant louts like you hate credentials:

"My ignorance is as good as your knowledge."

The data are good.

It's the use they are put to that's suspect.

But what is the relevance of southern hemisphere sea ice to an Arctic sea ice effect?

Climate scientists know that very different things are happening to Arctic and Antarctic sea ice.

Deniers like to confound to two because the result looks like an excuse for denial.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41678 Nov 30, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
The data are good.
But what is the relevance of southern hemisphere sea ice to an Arctic sea ice effect?
Climate scientists know that very different things are happening to Arctic and Antarctic sea ice.
Deniers like to confound to two because the result looks like an excuse for denial.
blah, blah, blah... call people names.

You waste bandwidth.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#41679 Dec 1, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
blah, blah, blah... call people names.
You waste bandwidth.
The "blah, blah, blah" is the rational argument that justifies the names.

To which, as always, being an ignorant lout, you have no response.
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#41681 Dec 1, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
The data are good.
Wow really???... If that is the most intelligent contribution you can make in defense of CAGW Orthodoxy then
you guys are really screwed.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41682 Dec 1, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
The "blah, blah, blah" is the rational argument that justifies the names.
To which, as always, being an ignorant lout, you have no response.
You get the response your deserve.

But kudos... "green troll" is accurate.
truth facts

Sardinia, OH

#41683 Dec 1, 2013
Love the term "green troll"kooks is more like it.Quacks,green zombies,global warming nut bags.Is there a single person here that this junk science is going to effect?Well I should say effect in their mind but they are mindless numnuts.University professors that warn of this ,blah,blah,blah horsesh## makes me laugh.The oceans will rise,the polar ice cap is melting at an alarming rate,saw that in a movie.It was entertaining.Throw peanuts at these nut jobs.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#41684 Dec 1, 2013
"motheaten" loves cherries, even in cold weather.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/extremes/records/

"motheaten" has many records yet to set to catch up with high temperature records in the next year. Its surprising, since toxic topix AGW deniers have been saying 2013 was cold & is sending Earth back into an ice age....... or its NOT surprising, since toxic topix AGW deniers have no science or mathematics.
B as in B S as in S wrote:
Wow... If that is the most intelligent contribution you can make in defense of CAGW Orthodoxy .....
"motheaten" doesn't say nothin' about hi-low temperature records & then springs the last seven day period of low temperature records that DON'T number 1000. In answer, I show, including the period "motheaten" publishes, the last year's 32,000+ hi temperature records, out-numbering low temperature records by 5 to 1. Yes, that is a good defense of AGW.

What isn't a good defense of toxic topix AGW denier evidence, is "motheaten", seeing the same data I used, did NOT present full data, first hand. It shows "motheaten" to be a toxic topix AGW denier & cherry-picker, wishing to deny AGW science.

"motheaten" knew that hi temperature records out-weighed cold temperature records, because this information has been presented over & over again on these toxic topix pages. But "motheaten" found a weeks worth of low-temperature records to toot & tote.

Presently, the "motheaten" seven days of tootin' & totin' records, got caught in error in the first day. & now "motheaten" is tootin' a sour tune & totin' a heavy burden of error.

As for your defense of "motheaten" & his bitter toxic topix pills, your defense is no defense at all...... just a poor sick toxic topix AGW denier case of "flapjaw".
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41685 Dec 1, 2013
litesong wrote:
"motheaten"
Go troll elsewhere.
Sam

London, KY

#41686 Dec 1, 2013
+++++++GOD NOW APPROVES OF SAME-SEX-MARRIAGE!!!+++++++ God has changed his mind regarding Homosexuality!. God can change His mind on matters if He wants to, there are instances in the Bible where God does just that!. This time is no different. God has certainly been answering the big Gays prayers lately!, with their recent Supreme Court victories and all. God wouldn't answer me, a Straight guy!. You know, I once asked God for a wife, 5 months later, He gave me a wh**e!. I do admit, I did used to blaspheme God a couple years on down before this, but I stopped this. I figured this was the reason God raped me. If God didn't want to give me a wife, He sure as Hell didn't have to give me that rotten wh**e!!!. Because God bestowed this evil upon me, my blaspheming Him returned with a vengence!!!. I lay it on old God now and I don't care if I do go burn forever, HAHAHAHAHA!!!. I blaspheme God real good now. I do it more then I ever did and I am a might proud of that fact, HAHAHAHAHA!!!...GIVE ME ANOTHER WH**E GOD!!!!!!!!!.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#41687 Dec 2, 2013
Anti Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny...
Holy Christ... You are quite the tool aren't you?
LOL
"Caveman" IS a tool alright. In fact, more specifically, caveman is a WEDGE......the 'simplest' of all tools!
B as in B S as in S

Shakopee, MN

#41688 Dec 3, 2013
litesong wrote:
"motheaten" loves cherries, even in cold weather.
"motheaten" has many records yet to set to catch up with high temperature records in the next year. Its surprising, since toxic topix AGW deniers have been saying 2013 was cold & is sending Earth back into an ice age....... or its NOT surprising, since toxic topix AGW deniers have no science or mathematics.
<quoted text>
"motheaten" doesn't say nothin' about hi-low temperature records & then springs the last seven day period of low temperature records that DON'T number 1000. In answer, I show, including the period "motheaten" publishes, the last year's 32,000+ hi temperature records, out-numbering low temperature records by 5 to 1. Yes, that is a good defense of AGW.
What isn't a good defense of toxic topix AGW denier evidence, is "motheaten", seeing the same data I used, did NOT present full data, first hand. It shows "motheaten" to be a toxic topix AGW denier & cherry-picker, wishing to deny AGW science.
"motheaten" knew that hi temperature records out-weighed cold temperature records, because this information has been presented over & over again on these toxic topix pages. But "motheaten" found a weeks worth of low-temperature records to toot & tote.
Presently, the "motheaten" seven days of tootin' & totin' records, got caught in error in the first day. & now "motheaten" is tootin' a sour tune & totin' a heavy burden of error.
As for your defense of "motheaten" & his bitter toxic topix pills, defense is no defense at all...... just a poor sick toxic topix AGW denier case of "flapjaw"
"

"]"motheaten" loves cherries, even in cold weather.
As for your defense of "motheaten" & his bitter toxic topix pills, your defense is no defense at all...... just a poor sick toxic topix AGW denier case of "flapjaw". "

You do realize that NO one is reading your long rants when they contain nothing but insults and name calling... Don't you?

Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41689 Dec 3, 2013
B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>"
You do realize that NO one is reading your long rants when they contain nothing but insults and name calling... Don't you?
Litesong is a useful idiot for the cause.

He's tolerated, never challenged but given an occasional pat on the head and cookie cuz... well, hmmmm... cuz warmists are terrified that any chink in their armor will rust it out.

That's my guess. I mean... they always say it's about the "science" don't they? They climb up on their haughty pedestals of "knowledge" and browbeat the "uneducated", but for litesong's goofball nonsense?

<crickets>

Where is their integrity? Their critical analysis for 'one of their own'?

Notice... warmists don't criticize other warmists. As we saw with Climategate, their MO when challenged was to circle the wagons to defend every 'scientist' down to the last email.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#41691 Dec 3, 2013
Calling me a tool is truly the kettle calling the pot black.

Lies, misrepresentations, baseless accusations, and more lies. That's all you've got. If you had evidence, you would produce it.

But....you can't.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#41692 Dec 3, 2013
(Reuters)- An internationally agreed target to limit rises in global average temperatures to within 2 degrees Celsius is around double the threshold that would avoid catastrophic climate change, a study by 18 eminent scientists said.

A study published in U.S.-based scientific journal PLOS One on Tuesday said the 2 degree limit was too high and a more appropriate target was around 1 degree C.

"An appropriate target is to keep global temperature within or close to the temperature range in the Holocene - the interglacial period in which civilization developed," they said.

The full study is available at: www.plosone.org/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Patrick 1,110,901
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,719
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,475
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Scrutiny 178,072
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 98,232
Amy 9-18 3 hr PEllen 36
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr The King of Dixie 49,857
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago