Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60176 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mothra

United States

#41568 Nov 24, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. Not opinions, facts.
Where are yours? Try to find some.
Have plenty. You just need to demonstrate critical thinking and integrity.

Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.

If you cannot agree to an "inconvenient" truth, you can't handle further discussion.

Your obfuscation is amusing. It really must be tearing you up inside. The 'truth' is there, you know it, but for some confounded reason you can't admit it. Why?

Never mind... don't care about your perturbations. I'll just keep asking and enjoy watching you squirm.

LOL

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#41569 Nov 24, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Have plenty. You just need to demonstrate critical thinking and integrity.
If you cannot agree to an "inconvenient" truth, you can't handle further discussion.
Your obfuscation is amusing. It really must be tearing you up inside. The 'truth' is there, you know it, but for some confounded reason you can't admit it. Why?
Never mind... don't care about your perturbations. I'll just keep asking and enjoy watching you squirm.
LOL
The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. Not opinions, facts.

Where are yours? Try to find some. Whining about Al Gore is not bringing your agenda forwards.
Mothra

United States

#41571 Nov 24, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are yours? Try to find some. Whining about Al Gore is not bringing your agenda forwards.

When you can man-up to inconvenient facts, you'll show you can handle more.
gcaveman1

San Antonio, TX

#41572 Nov 24, 2013
Freaky weather is a sign of climate change.

Rain for 4 days here in San Antonio. Nighttime temps down to 28.

Slow moving system over much of the nation.

The weather is changing; the climate is changing.

Al Gore did not invent global warming.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#41573 Nov 25, 2013
litesong wrote:
"ratdownthemiddle" , "middleofthedownwronggull y" gushed:
....you loons are now playing the race card it seems.
////////
"motheaten" muffed:
Race card.......
/////////
litesong wrote:
toxic topix AGW deniers were racist from the beginning. Their toxicity would have been virulent, except they have no science or mathematics degrees & no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in their often unearned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.
"ratdownthemiddle" , "middleofthedownwronggull y" pretends it hasn't been here long enough to note the history of toxic topix AGW deniers. Once in a while "motheaten" makes note of racism here, as it tries to rub the taint of racism off itself because he blindly rubs shoulders with its toxic topix AGW denier brother & sister-hoods..... including members here from the KKK. However "motheaten" may rub, the taint remains on itself because of his long enduring associations.
lol....stupid loser.
Thanks, however, for your "contribution to this thread !! It clearly shows how pitiful and uneducated the warmists "gimme" crowd really is.
Hot coed blond babe

Fullerton, CA

#41574 Nov 25, 2013
Global warming is a farce. I would never date a believer of global warming. Ewwwwww.

Location hidden

#41575 Nov 25, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can man-up to inconvenient facts, you'll show you can handle more.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#41576 Nov 25, 2013
Mothra

United States

#41577 Nov 25, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
oAl Gore is a global warming hypocrite.

When you can man-up to inconvenient truth, you'll show you can handle more.
litesong

Everett, WA

#41579 Nov 25, 2013
luke-warm no-science blond baby wrote:
Global warming is a farce. I would never date a believer of global warming. Ewwwwww.
.......toxic topix AGW denier science & commentary at its highest level.......
Mothra

United States

#41580 Nov 25, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
Hey check out the Judge-It icons, rite...

We're garnishing "Mean" and "Incendiary" icons.

Mean? What is 'mean' about skepticism?

Incendiary? What's 'incendiary' about skepticism?

Methinks some loon (litesong? spacecadet?) thinks he/she can scare us off with scary pictures.

LOL
Mothra

United States

#41581 Nov 25, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
.......toxic topix AGW denier science & commentary at its highest level.......
Loon... at any level.

Location hidden

#41582 Nov 25, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
oAl Gore is a global warming hypocrite.
When you can man-up to inconvenient truth, you'll show you can handle more.
The convenient truth is that you must whine about Al Gore because you have no substantial argument to deny global warming.

The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere. Those are facts. Just a minimal amount of reasoning ability is all it takes to understand that man is implicit in global warming.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#41583 Nov 25, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey check out the Judge-It icons, rite...
We're garnishing "Mean" and "Incendiary" icons.
Mean? What is 'mean' about skepticism?
Incendiary? What's 'incendiary' about skepticism?
Methinks some loon (litesong? spacecadet?) thinks he/she can scare us off with scary pictures.
LOL
I'm on mobile now so I don't see judge-its. I wouldn't feel any less safe, however, if I could see them.
I think these scaremongers are angry adolescents half the time. No arguments and no balls.
Mothra

United States

#41584 Nov 25, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
The convenient truth is that you must whine about Al Gore because you have no substantial argument to deny global warming.
The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere. Those are facts. Just a minimal amount of reasoning ability is all it takes to understand that man is implicit in global warming.

When you can man-up to that inconvenient truth, you'll show you can handle more.

Location hidden

#41585 Nov 25, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can man-up to that inconvenient truth, you'll show you can handle more.
You are going nowhere. Just whining.

Location hidden

#41586 Nov 25, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>I'm on mobile now so I don't see judge-its. I wouldn't feel any less safe, however, if I could see them.
I think these scaremongers are angry adolescents half the time. No arguments and no balls.
Too bad there is not a judgiecon for stupid. You would gain more of those than Katherine Hepburn did Oscars.
Mothra

United States

#41587 Nov 25, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going nowhere. Just whining.
LOL

The ball is in your court.

Location hidden

#41588 Nov 25, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
The ball is in your court.
Quit whining!
Mothra

United States

#41589 Nov 25, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit whining!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Dr Guru 217,095
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,396,406
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 19 min Homer 2,717
Word (Dec '08) 21 min Homer 6,431
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 29 min CrunchyBacon 102,562
last post wins! (Apr '13) 52 min They cannot kill ... 1,128
last post wins! (Dec '10) 54 min They cannot kill ... 2,159

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages