Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
38,941 - 38,960 of 46,390 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#41475 Nov 20, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
<yawn>
Nothing to see here... just more big government babble.
thats all these clowns stand for. Helpless hapless loons!
Lol
Jessie

Los Angeles, CA

#41476 Nov 20, 2013
My great grandfather used to record temperatures for the government from 1911 to 1933. He said they (him and his friends) used to make up numbers all the time because half of the thermometers were broken. He said it was "good enough for government work". He said he could tell within 2 or 3 degrees what the temperature was at any time.

He tended to drink a bit also.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#41477 Nov 20, 2013
Jessie wrote:
My great grandfather used to record temperatures for the government from 1911 to 1933. He said they (him and his friends) used to make up numbers all the time because half of the thermometers were broken. He said it was "good enough for government work". He said he could tell within 2 or 3 degrees what the temperature was at any time.
James wrote:
There is no global warming. My grandpa used to keep those temperature records. He said him and his co-workers would just make numbers up. Said it was "close enough for government work".
He said the thermometers didn't work very well and were sometimes in the shade as trees and bushes grew. The shaded thermometers were wrong so they just picked a number that sounded good.
Joe wrote:
My great grandfather used to record temps back in 1920-1935. He said they drank wine and often made up temps for the log book. He said it was "close enough" for government work. Said everyone did it.
Are you three brothers?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#41478 Nov 20, 2013
Jessie wrote:
No need to worry, these days with technology they can drill into a piece of ice 1000's of years old and determine the temps then anyway.
It makes up for all that poor equipment used in the old days.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#41479 Nov 20, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>thats all these clowns stand for. Helpless hapless loons!
Lol
Yes this forum is about warming, and it's plain as day no matter what is presented even when you can't understand it you will still dismiss it anyway. However every now and then a post comes in ranting on about big government ruining their lives and we are ready for that too. And the Al Gore obsession just because he is a capitalist as well as a warmist, using the same tools to get his message out as the fossil crowd do. No problems with that either!

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#41480 Nov 20, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Warmists are incapable of having an intelligent debate if they cannot admit Al Gore is global warming hypocrite.
But if they can pass this seemingly monumental hurdle there's a chance they can have rational discussions.
btw, name calling won't win an points in the 'rational discussion' argument.
The topic is global warming, not Al Gore. Since you apparently have no valid argument against global warming, you must resort to deflection. That is the hurdle over which you so often trip.

The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. Those are facts. Facts that you do not wish to discuss.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#41481 Nov 20, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
200 yrs on still allowed ......fire arms...... force me into healthcare is taking away my freedom.......
//////////
litesong wrote:
I like my gun in those....."vast regions of wilderness, mountain ranges, Alaska tundra, great lakes(including the Great Lakes), Texas flats, National Parks & Monuments(specially in northern winters), large tracks of desert, vast Wyoming & Montana ranches & farms & desolate regions that nobody wants(specially Native Tribal Concentration Camps)".

Don't worry 'bout the healthcare. No one, who can't afford proper food & heated housing, will be able to pay for the healthcare, either.........specially in the Native Tribal Concentration Camps....... just the way re-pubic-lick-uns rigged it up & wanted it.
Tex

Los Angeles, CA

#41482 Nov 20, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to worry, these days with technology they can drill into a piece of ice 1000's of years old and determine the temps then anyway.
It makes up for all that poor equipment used in the old days.
You're all hat and no cattle.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#41483 Nov 20, 2013
wrong text wrote:
A re-pubic-lick-un speaks up.......
Jefferson

Fullerton, CA

#41484 Nov 20, 2013
Tex wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#41485 Nov 20, 2013
Tex wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're a lot of bull...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41486 Nov 20, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic is global warming, not Al Gore. Since you apparently have no valid argument against global warming, you must resort to deflection. That is the hurdle over which you so often trip.
The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. Those are facts. Facts that you do not wish to discuss.
Once again, you can't face facts.

Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.

As I've said, over and over (and over and over), if you can demonstrate some critical thinking skills and admit this FACT you'll show you can handle more complex issues.

Until then... enjoy Al's hypocrisy.

"the green troll"

#41488 Nov 20, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you can't face facts.
Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.
As I've said, over and over (and over and over), if you can demonstrate some critical thinking skills and admit this FACT you'll show you can handle more complex issues.
Until then... enjoy Al's hypocrisy.
Al Gore is fat?

Does that demonstrate critical thinking skills?

No, it demonstrates your infantile intellect "over and over (and over and over)".
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41489 Nov 21, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Gore is fat?
Does that demonstrate critical thinking skills?
No, it demonstrates your infantile intellect "over and over (and over and over)".
And just for you...

If one attempts to debate a controversial issue, it's important to know if both parties can have the intellectual honesty and integrity to admit error.

I've been using "Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite" to demonstrate that some here have not the fortitude to admit that simple fact, regardless of how much evidence is provided.

It's amazing that no warmist has ever addresses Gore's hypocrisy. They obfuscate, name call, and engage in all kinds of diversionary tactics to avoid and criticism of "one of their own".

Care to step up to the plate or like the others, get all huffy, and take your ball and go home?

"the green troll"

#41490 Nov 21, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
And just for you...
If one attempts to debate a controversial issue, it's important to know if both parties can have the intellectual honesty and integrity to admit error.
I've been using "Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite" to demonstrate that some here have not the fortitude to admit that simple fact, regardless of how much evidence is provided.
It's amazing that no warmist has ever addresses Gore's hypocrisy. They obfuscate, name call, and engage in all kinds of diversionary tactics to avoid and criticism of "one of their own".
Care to step up to the plate or like the others, get all huffy, and take your ball and go home?
Al Gore is fat! Al Gore is fat!

You are an empty vessel making a lot of noise.

And pompous to boot!

"the green troll"

#41491 Nov 21, 2013
Al Gore is fat!

I demand intelligent debate!

Al Gore is fat!

I demand intelligent discussion!

Al Gore is fat!

I demand intellectual honesty and integrity!

Look at yourself! What a foolish and transparently dishonest spectacle!

You approach to debate and discussion is to take your trousers down and take a dump.

You wouldn't recognise intellectual honesty and integrity if somebody smacked you round the face with them.

You are the hypocrite!

Your intention is to stifle debate, pollute discussion, to shirk honesty and integrity.
Jessie

Fullerton, CA

#41493 Nov 21, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Are you three brothers?
I'm a girl. Joe is my cousin. James is my uncle.

"the green troll"

#41494 Nov 21, 2013
Jessie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a girl. Joe is my cousin. James is my uncle.
Well, thank you: we know your grandfather was derelict in his duty, and thought nothing of fraud if it lined his pocket and served his comfort.

Have you inherited the same moral outlook?
Sam

Sheridan, AR

#41495 Nov 21, 2013
+++++++GOD NOW APPROVES OF SAME-SEX-MARRIAGE!!!+++++++ God has changed His mind on Homosexuality!. God can change His mind on matters if He wants to, there are instances in the Bible where God does just that!. This time is no different. God has certainly been answering the big Gays prayers lately!, with their recent Supreme Court victories and all. God wouldn't answer me, a Straight guy!. You know, I once asked God for a wife, 5 months later, He gave me a wh**e!. I do admit, I did used to blaspheme God a couple years on down before this, but I stopped this. I figured this was the reason God raped me. If God didn't want to give me a wife, He sure as Hell didn't have to give me that rotten wh**e!!!. Because God bestowed this evil upon me, my blaspheming Him returned with a vengeance!!!. I lay it on old God now and I don't care if I do go burn forever, HAHAHAHAHA!!!. I blaspheme God real good now. I do it more then I ever did and I am a might proud of that fact, HAHAHAHAHA!!!...GIVE ME ANOTHER WH**E GOD!!!!!!!!!.
sallygal

Pittsburgh, PA

#41496 Nov 21, 2013

Hole-Lee Light experience needed

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,102,062
Sin City is in the Streets of Chicago. Where i... 2 hr Culture Auditor 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr well 49,521
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,549
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr J RULES 69,109
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr the wandering girl 4,681
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr andet1987 4,669
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr RACE 97,985
•••
•••