Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 46,668
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41392 Nov 17, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Gore, Al Gore, Al Gore, blab, blab, blab. Can't you find anything else to support your denial?
The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels is increasing the CO2 in the atmosphere. Those are facts. Dispute them is you can. Quit whining about Al Gore.
Once again, oh thick one, I'm starting at the basics.

Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.

That is such a simple admission and it's been well documented.

When you manage the simple, I'll wade into the complex.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#41393 Nov 17, 2013
Al Gore wrote:
I should have one....or is that won?
WON, LOL. You did win but the SC gave it to bw.

<Skinny Al running to make sure the history tells like it is>

Remember the nobel, though... the SC cannot touch the Swedes!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#41394 Nov 17, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Solar is hurting the big boys. They can't take fair market competition.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/15/us-...
"APS argued that net metering allows solar customers to avoid paying their fair share of the cost to maintain the electric grid - thereby passing $18 million in annual costs onto non-solar customers." [ibid]

The electricity you sell from your solar panels is subsidized by other ratepayers.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#41395 Nov 17, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>"APS argued that net metering allows solar customers to avoid paying their fair share of the cost to maintain the electric grid - thereby passing $18 million in annual costs onto non-solar customers." [ibid]
The electricity you sell from your solar panels is subsidized by other ratepayers.
I have a roof full of solar panels & my neighbour, the other neighbour who doesn't just whines about it like you.
Just think if everyone got them, you would have nothing to whine about & everyone is sharing the burden.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#41397 Nov 17, 2013
If your selling it to the power company at the retail rate, your getting a subsidy from every other ratepayer. You aren't paying for the electrical infrastructure you're using, but the rest of us are.

Location hidden

#41398 Nov 17, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
If your selling it to the power company at the retail rate, your getting a subsidy from every other ratepayer. You aren't paying for the electrical infrastructure you're using, but the rest of us are.
Well that's going to be life in the new green economy. Of course we get paid a higher rate than what we buy in. It was the incentive to spend the $$$ in the first place. But that's ok, we need the ignorant to keep on being that way and they will always be the losers once carbon reduction is compulsory. That is going to happen as sure as night follows day, whether you like it or not. So you either get onboard or dig deeper in your pockets for your denial.
Zinger

United States

#41399 Nov 17, 2013
Al Gore and David Black also invested in green energy companies who received special grants and loan guarantees and made millions from now defunct green energy companies. Al Gore, Mr. Green Jeans himself, has along with his business partner, David Black invested in pharma directly related to the recently enforced ACA law starting in 10/01/2013.....

How convenient wouldn't you say?

SEC has rules on insider trading but look at Congress. We have a cesspool of insider trading and law making from our Congress. Portfolio's of Obama, Clinton, Pelosi, Reid and the rest of the Democratic Party should be reviewed!

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#41400 Nov 17, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>"APS argued that net metering allows solar customers to avoid paying their fair share of the cost to maintain the electric grid - thereby passing $18 million in annual costs onto non-solar customers." [ibid]
And you have to report it as income on your taxes.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41401 Nov 17, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I wonder if local regulatory agencies will get involved. Seems that there's an untapped source for taxing 'mini utility companies'. Not for revenue (of course) but to ensure that the grid is up to snuff for everyone.
Oceanny 13

Hanoi, Vietnam

#41402 Nov 17, 2013
Yo all still think Globall thinker!!! dat make Al Gore looking very Obamad!! ;-00
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#41403 Nov 17, 2013
Oceanny 13 wrote:
Yo all still think Globall thinker!!! dat make Al Gore looking very Obamad!! ;-00
How did you enjoy the hurricane last week?
litesong

Monroe, WA

#41404 Nov 17, 2013
motheaten wrote:
......there's an untapped source for taxing 'mini utility companies'.
Tax increase & not reducing gov't comes from a capitalist. Must mean there are businesses that "motheaten" doesn't like, to break its philosophy.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#41405 Nov 17, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, oh thick one, I'm starting at the basics.
That is such a simple admission and it's been well documented.
When you manage the simple, I'll wade into the complex.
Just what I said nada, nothing, empty.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#41406 Nov 17, 2013
Al Gore is like Canada's enviro champ David Suzuki.

David is always preaching anti-oil, we should curb back industry, be more enviro friendly, global warming etc.....yet he owns 4 homes.

I have no prob with someone owning 4 homes, don't care if he owns 7, 8 or whatever. But he is a hypocrite to be preaching restraint to everyone else, preaching to stop overusing energy and resources etc, while living in luxury himself. He has also built his empire by fear mongering and doing the opposites himself.

Location hidden

#41407 Nov 17, 2013
Naturally Wired wrote:
Al Gore is like Canada's enviro champ David Suzuki.
David is always preaching anti-oil, we should curb back industry, be more enviro friendly, global warming etc.....yet he owns 4 homes.
I have no prob with someone owning 4 homes, don't care if he owns 7, 8 or whatever. But he is a hypocrite to be preaching restraint to everyone else, preaching to stop overusing energy and resources etc, while living in luxury himself. He has also built his empire by fear mongering and doing the opposites himself.
Gee Wiz, now David Suzuki's assets are questioned. Well how about this, all you fossil fueler's better come home covered in coal dust or oil plus live in a 4ft x 10ft wooden shack to have any credibility in anything you have to say.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41408 Nov 17, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what I said nada, nothing, empty.
Like I said, you can't admit a basic point.

Thus more advanced discussion is pointless.

Deal with it.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41409 Nov 17, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Wiz, now David Suzuki's assets are questioned. Well how about this...
How about you address the point made and quit with the obfuscation?

Such a small thinker you are.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#41410 Nov 18, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, you can't admit a basic point.
Thus more advanced discussion is pointless.
Deal with it.
Empty. Kaput. Void. Global warming is real. Admit it.
de vince coke

Hanoi, Vietnam

#41411 Nov 18, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>How did you enjoy the hurricane last week?
thx for asking;) it"s in Da Nang!!;-00h, my almanac is very cool!;)
litesong

Monroe, WA

#41413 Nov 18, 2013
motheaten wrote:
And who says there's no connection between global warming advocacy.......
Truth says there are connections between toxic topix AGW deniers & oil, energy, business, & re-pubic-lick-un upper floor, upper crust paper shufflers & people shovers' propaganda PEE-R.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min n-dis-grace 1,110,358
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min LRS 178,054
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 34 min Scott 49,839
Amy 9-18 43 min pde 25
Word (Dec '08) 46 min andet1987 4,713
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 3 hr MalignantNarcissi... 5
Antarctic Ice Sheet Largest by Far in 25 Years 3 hr ThisWhatAlGorpMeant 4
Amy 9-16 4 hr ralph 58
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr billyh 98,228
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••