Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 53466 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#41373 Nov 17, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
So lets see... you're admitting many see global warming as a religion?
Wow... that's quite an admission.
LOL
Since that is one of the best arguments that you can muster, it is obvious that deniers must see global warming as such.

Global warming is science. The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. Those are facts. Go pray to your denier god.

Wichita, KS

#41374 Nov 17, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>

And why do you keep bringing up Al Gore... and the kvetch when people challenge his hypocrisy?
LOL
It is you and your fellow deniers who bring up Al Gore because you have no other good arguments against the science of global warming.
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#41375 Nov 17, 2013
The science currently states that there is no statistically significant warming being measured. See: NOAA, GISS, HCRUT.

The science also suggests that the estimated global average temperature is rising at an alarming rate. See: NOAA, GISS, HCRUT.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#41376 Nov 17, 2013
http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-coolin...

NASA and climate scientists throughout the world have said, however, that the years starting since 1998 have been the hottest in all recorded temperature history.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#41377 Nov 17, 2013
B as in B S as in S wrote:
The science currently states that there is no statistically significant warming being measured. See: NOAA, GISS, HCRUT.
Close but no cigar. They said that the last 17 years with 'La-Nina' noise (similar to the profound warming in 1998 from El-Nino, but in the opposite direction) in 'not significant'.
B as in B S as in S wrote:
The science also suggests that the estimated global average temperature is rising at an alarming rate. See: NOAA, GISS, HCRUT.
Here they filter out the noise and say that the SIGNAL of global warming is still there and still rapidly increasing. This uses a 'filter length' appropriate to climate studies.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41378 Nov 17, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since that is one of the best arguments that you can muster, it is obvious that deniers must see global warming as such.
Global warming is science. The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. Those are facts. Go pray to your denier god.
And once again, you bring up Al Gore, then obfuscate the simple little fact that he's a global warming hypocrite.

And no... that's not an argument on the "science" of global warming, but you love the mischaracterization to dodge the question once again.

Quit bringing Gore into the conversation, and I'll quit asking you to admit his hypocrisy.

But you can't... and I won't.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41379 Nov 17, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is you and your fellow deniers who bring up Al Gore because you have no other good arguments against the science of global warming.
Actually, no.

Al Gore is brought up again and again, because he SAYS it's a crisis, yet doesn't behave as it is.

AL GORE is likewise claiming it's "settled" science, but doesn't act as if it's the "crisis" he says the "science" supports.

Like your buddy Space Cadet, it's always 'someone else' who needs to change, but not him.

Do go on about Al Gore... I do love to throw his hypocrisy back in your face and then watch you try to invent another way to give him a free pass.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41380 Nov 17, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
http://www.skepticalscience.co m/global-cooling-january-2007- to-january-2008.htm
NASA and climate scientists throughout the world have said, however, that the years starting since 1998 have been the hottest in all recorded temperature history.
Here we go again...

Another 'short term' analysis, yet those same short term studies are held out by warmists as cherry picking when it suits their arguments.

Geez... for 'settled' science, you'd think there would be some argumentative consistency.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#41381 Nov 17, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
The weird thing about this thread, apart from Bozo, is that it's almost 5 years old and Glowbull warming hasn't speeded up for well over 15 years, which makes an even bigger mockery of this thread than Bozo's presence.
In your last post... you lied big time..

P.S. Last, on Oct. 4
Jefferson

Fullerton, CA

#41382 Nov 17, 2013
You guys have to get that silly little notion about global warming out of your head. It's not real.

It's done. Over.

It's like the AIDS hysteria.

"There may be no one left (without massive federal aid)" Donna Shalala, HHS secretary. "By 1991, 1 in 10 babies may be AIDS victims." USA Today 1988. In 1987 Oprah Winfrey stated on her show that a fifth of heterosexuals would be dead of AIDS by 1990.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41383 Nov 17, 2013
There's an interesting discussion over on wattsupwiththat regarding volcanic outgassing of CO2.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/11/16/another...

Hmm... the warmists seems to have a missed the obvious in lieu of their "settled science".

Damn!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41384 Nov 17, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>In your last post... you lied big time..
P.S. Last, on Oct. 4
Gee... a repeated and demonstrated liar is calling out someone for a likewise sin?

What penance did you pay to 'offset' your transgressions?

Go be irrelevant elsewhere.

LOL
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#41385 Nov 17, 2013
This is why the need for the IPCC!

Paid deniers are flooding the airways... watch out!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41386 Nov 17, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
This is why the need for the IPCC!
Paid deniers are flooding the airways... watch out!
Wazza matter SpaceCadet? Reality getting in the way of your "science"?
Gotta have some more publicity?

Yeah... as if the billions spent on the "crisis" haven't been enough.

Wichita, KS

#41387 Nov 17, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no.
Al Gore is brought up again and again, because he SAYS it's a crisis, yet doesn't behave as it is.
AL GORE is likewise claiming it's "settled" science, but doesn't act as if it's the "crisis" he says the "science" supports.
Like your buddy Space Cadet, it's always 'someone else' who needs to change, but not him.
Do go on about Al Gore... I do love to throw his hypocrisy back in your face and then watch you try to invent another way to give him a free pass.
Like I said, the best(only?) argument you have is Al Gore.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41388 Nov 17, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, the best(only?) argument you have is Al Gore.
<sigh>

Are you this thick in public, or just on Topix.

Gotta walk before you can run. One would think that a tiny admission of Al Gore's hypocrisy would be a simple matter.

But not to a warmist.

Why bother with more complex discussion when the obvious cannot be admitted?

Baby steps... baby steps. I can do it.
Can you?
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#41389 Nov 17, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Close but no cigar. They said that the last 17 years with 'La-Nina' noise (similar to the profound warming in 1998 from El-Nino, but in the opposite direction) in 'not significant'.
<quoted text>
Here they filter out the noise and say that the SIGNAL of global warming is still there and still rapidly increasing. This uses a 'filter length' appropriate to climate studies.
Lol... wonderful!
You remind me of "The Boss" on that 'Twix' commercial.

Wichita, KS

#41390 Nov 17, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
<sigh>
Are you this thick in public, or just on Topix.
Gotta walk before you can run. One would think that a tiny admission of Al Gore's hypocrisy would be a simple matter.
But not to a warmist.
Why bother with more complex discussion when the obvious cannot be admitted?
Baby steps... baby steps. I can do it.
Can you?
Al Gore, Al Gore, Al Gore, blab, blab, blab. Can't you find anything else to support your denial?

The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels is increasing the CO2 in the atmosphere. Those are facts. Dispute them is you can. Quit whining about Al Gore.
Al Gore

United States

#41391 Nov 17, 2013
I should have one....or is that won?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41392 Nov 17, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Gore, Al Gore, Al Gore, blab, blab, blab. Can't you find anything else to support your denial?
The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels is increasing the CO2 in the atmosphere. Those are facts. Dispute them is you can. Quit whining about Al Gore.
Once again, oh thick one, I'm starting at the basics.

Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.

That is such a simple admission and it's been well documented.

When you manage the simple, I'll wade into the complex.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Jacques Orleans 190,045
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min John Galt 1,233,605
Ask Amy 5-27-15 24 min RACE 15
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 33 min RACE 6,003
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 34 min RACE 1,389
Word (Dec '08) 35 min RACE 5,245
Baltimore 1 hr Go Blue Forever 7
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]