Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 47,611
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
litesong

Monroe, WA

#41331 Nov 14, 2013
motheaten wrote:
loon.
Hear the pure clear true tones of the Loon:

toxic topix AGW deniers hold almost no science & mathematics degrees, & no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.

The less education in science & mathematics degrees, & no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc in their poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas, the more likely they are toxic topix AGW deniers.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#41333 Nov 14, 2013
Coal is King wrote:
More voices from the coalfields.
..........
“Coal miners are people who want to WORK, not be on welfare, food stamps, unemployment ect. For those who say get another job. Well those aren't out there. This event is to support our miners in hopes of bringing attention as far as to the white house, so they don't lose their jobs. Yes, this won't solve the problem. But it is a start in getting attention through strength in numbers. No one thinks this will fix it but I can assure you that everyone in that line will also be voting and that will make a difference. Bottom line is, anyone who cuts down a hard working person or a person trying to help people they don't even know, is pathetic. We need our jobs and we appreciate all the support but feel sorry for someone who doesn't respect their neighbors when they are scared and need help. Me and my family will be in that "silly" line on saturday, because we support our friends, family, neighbors and our community!”
Point is did all the blacksmiths starve to death with the invention of the automobile ? I don't think so, maybe some of them learn't to forge spare parts who knows. Were there any picket lines protesting against Henry Ford, he would have been the villain then. But it was progress, and Republicans use to embrace it once. Only in the past decade not so much.
Clean energy is progress, there is just as much money to be made to have processes to burn coal clean than it is to dig it up.
If not then it will become worthless in the modern age, either adapt or die. It was how the country was built.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#41334 Nov 14, 2013
http://gawker.com/good-news-for-bored-people-...

I can testify; disasters are exciting!
Breaking

Fullerton, CA

#41335 Nov 14, 2013
There is no global warming problem. Get that out of your head, right now.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#41336 Nov 14, 2013
Breaking wrote:
There is no global warming problem. Get that out of your head, right now.
And you're going to prove it, right?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41337 Nov 15, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
wow... from loon to jackass.

Your mom must be so proud.
Organizer

Fullerton, CA

#41338 Nov 15, 2013
Breaking wrote:
There is no global warming problem. Get that out of your head, right now.
Hey didn't you hear about the big storm in Asia?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#41339 Nov 15, 2013
Before jumping into the dogfight, the book tells us the human story of how Mann got started in science. It was surprising to learn that his PhD began with the notion that natural variability might be greater than what climate scientists thought. I also didn't realize he'd coined the term "Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation" (AMO) off the cuff in an interview (that's the kind of trivia that a science geek like me delights in). Ironically the AMO and natural oscillations are often invoked by contrarians to cast doubt on the human influence on global warming.

Mann also describes the progress of paleoclimate science through the 1990s which puts his 1998 hockey stick research in a broader perspective. The hockey stick paper focused on all the "scientifically interesting" periods of regional climate change over the last 600 years. So a phrase that jumped out at me was Mann's characterization that the "least scientifically interesting" thing he could do with all his regional data was average it out to find the hemispheric average. It was this "least scientifically interesting" graph that sparked a smear campaign against the graph and against Michael Mann that has lasted over a decade.[from Book review - The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars now Available in Paperback]

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#41340 Nov 15, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Before jumping into the dogfight, the book tells us the human story of how Mann got started in science. It was surprising to learn that his PhD began with the notion that natural variability might be greater than what climate scientists thought. I also didn't realize he'd coined the term "Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation" (AMO) off the cuff in an interview (that's the kind of trivia that a science geek like me delights in). Ironically the AMO and natural oscillations are often invoked by contrarians to cast doubt on the human influence on global warming.
Mann also describes the progress of paleoclimate science through the 1990s which puts his 1998 hockey stick research in a broader perspective. The hockey stick paper focused on all the "scientifically interesting" periods of regional climate change over the last 600 years. So a phrase that jumped out at me was Mann's characterization that the "least scientifically interesting" thing he could do with all his regional data was average it out to find the hemispheric average. It was this "least scientifically interesting" graph that sparked a smear campaign against the graph and against Michael Mann that has lasted over a decade.[from Book review - The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars now Available in Paperback]
mann thought going toward green energy meant that pseudoscience makes "science geeks" more money.
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/11...

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#41341 Nov 15, 2013
Facts don't matter to Mann and his followers.
That has been proven multiple times on this thread! Right, space cadet?
Ghoost20

Kuwait, Kuwait

#41342 Nov 15, 2013
Hey did any one know if the hyderate methane is release in north pole ?
Because was last year warmest year
Ghoost20

Kuwait, Kuwait

#41343 Nov 15, 2013
About some thing the hyderate methane is strongest green house gas effect in earth

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#41344 Nov 15, 2013

Climate change believers are like Rob Ford

You doomers didn't even know what the consensus was that you were agreeing on because science had NEVER said or agreed it WILL be a crisis and have NEVER said it was “inevitable” or “eventual” or anything beyond just "could be" a crisis for 30 years!

So what gives YOU the right say it WILL fear monger?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#41345 Nov 15, 2013
Seems the "could be" poster is at it again, pasting the same ole crap over n over. He is another tin foil hat wearer, just so no new information gets through. A twilight zoner!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#41346 Nov 15, 2013
Self-interest and time perception may be the most significant obstacles to climate change action, according to a new study. Researchers at New York University (NYU) have determined that the long-term goals of preventive action are not sufficient incentives for nations who fail to cooperate in the face of global warming. The findings suggest that emphasizing the short-term gains may be the only way to spur a concerted effort against the climate shift that threatens to unravel infrastructures and economic systems worldwide.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#41347 Nov 15, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
Seems the "could be" poster is at it again, pasting the same ole crap over n over. He is another tin foil hat wearer, just so no new information gets through. A twilight zoner!
nobody is blocking new information. the problem with the warmist agenda is that the old and current news doesn't support the hoax. any news is good news......from an optimists point of view.

would another katrina make the warmists happy? i think it would. BUT....it wouldn't prove a damned thing....except that warmists are opportunistic sensationalist fools.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#41348 Nov 15, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Self-interest and time perception may be the most significant obstacles to climate change action, according to a new study. Researchers at New York University (NYU) have determined that the long-term goals of preventive action are not sufficient incentives for nations who fail to cooperate in the face of global warming. The findings suggest that emphasizing the short-term gains may be the only way to spur a concerted effort against the climate shift that threatens to unravel infrastructures and economic systems worldwide.
do you even realize how cock eyed your belief system is to the rational world? never mind....you don't live on that planet.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#41349 Nov 15, 2013
warmists have to CONVINCE the planet to believe they are right about man made global warming.....because they don't have the evidence and facts to back up their position.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#41350 Nov 15, 2013
warmists are like the chump who got dumped by his girlfriend..."but, honey, i know this is the way it's been....but trust me it will be different in the future!!!!"
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#41351 Nov 15, 2013
WOW, the serial sensationalist lost his balls!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min DEMsince1680Yeah 1,129,949
Tavern burns in Hillside (Jul '08) 3 min vance 265
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min Grau 68,691
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min loose cannon 179,704
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Duke Snider 50,795
Abby 10-30 1 hr RACE 32
A young black kid asks his mother, "Mama what's... 5 hr AintItThe truth 13
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr edogxxx 98,570

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 5:30PM CDT

Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]