Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,923)

Showing posts 38,441 - 38,460 of43,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
georgie porgie

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother, he is a tea bagger with a 100 sock puppets. They have to do this to appear like they are speaking for the masses, however to most observers they are just a lonely voice in the wilderness.
said the cowardly kangaroo humping Australian hiding his location.
georgie porgie

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>1. I don't know which scientist you are asking about. Professor Larry Bel?
2. Again, explain yourself because the earth has been warming steadily, including the last 15 years.
3. That happens every year with sea ice but the total ice volume is decreasing drastically every year under man-made global warming.
4, No, not to occur for another 16,000 years or more.
You are welcome.
#2 is a lie:

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-22172...
Oct 16, 2012 - Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report ... that 15 or 16 years is too short a period from which to draw conclusions.

UN Climate Change Report Ignores 15-Year 'Pause' in Warming
www.breitbart.com/.../UN-Climate-Change-Repor... ;
Sep 28, 2013 -... for global warming left out data that found the planet has stopped warming over the last 15 years because it did not fit with the climate change .

NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago ...
climatism.wordpress.com/.../nature-study-conf... ;
Aug 30, 2013 - "We've got to ride this global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic ...

Scientists Baffled as Report Proves Global Warming Has Stopped ...
www.collective-evolution.com › Science & Tech › Discover&#8206;
Apr 15, 2013 -“15 years without warming are now behind us.... co.uk/news/article-2261577/Glo bal-warming-stopped-16-years-a go-Met-Office-report-reveals-. ..
georgie porgie

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>1. I don't know which scientist you are asking about. Professor Larry Bel?
2. Again, explain yourself because the earth has been warming steadily, including the last 15 years.
3. That happens every year with sea ice but the total ice volume is decreasing drastically every year under man-made global warming.
You are welcome.
#1, these "scientists", read liars:

Climategate 2.0: New E-Mails Rock The Global Warming Debate ...
www.forbes.com/.../climategate-2-0-new-e-mail... ;
Nov 23, 2011 - A new batch of 5,000 emails among scientists central to the assertion that ... nearly two years to the day after similar emails ignited the Climategate scandal.... emails:(1) prominent scientists central to the global warming debate are taking ..... after the first round of emails were released (not hacked) in 2009.
Global Warming E-Mails Scandal Show Scientists May Have ...
www.usnews.com › Opinion › Peter Roff&#8206;
The inconvenient truth of global warming increasingly seems like it is a hoax.... November 30, 2009 RSS Feed Print ... Some of those involved in the E-mail chains that are now under examination have concocted what on their face come ...
Climate change: this is the worst scientific scandal of our generation ...
www.telegraph.co.uk › Comment › Columnists › Christopher Booker&#8206;
Nov 28, 2009 - BBC weatherman was sent climate change emails. 30 Nov 2009. Since 2003, however, when the statistical methods used to create the "hockey ...
georgie porgie

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
You are welcome.
#3, the volume of ice on the planet is in constant flux, no one can prove otherwise.

#4 no can say for with certainty when another ice age may happen.

Try again.

Did you park your car, stop consuming fossil fuels and stop exhaling?
What are you waiting for?
georgie porgie

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the gleaners in the Bible. Coal companies & their upper crust paper shufflers & people shovers( who get millions in bonus, retirement & stock options) pay their workers so little, the citizens of the state have to scavenge. The coal companies pay little to the state gov'ts because they have them in their back pockets & carry the profits away to other regions of the world.
Horsecrap, yur ignorant and lying.
georgie porgie

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Why don't all you hysterics return to the agrarian lifestyles of 150 years ago? I'm sure you'd be much happier without any modern technologies and never going farther than 10 miles from your subsistence farm.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
.. kidding... Bel is not one...
..kidding.. his name is really Bell.. an architect by education .. but comments on climate science...

Any way from nature:

Advance warnings of heatwaves would be especially useful in large cities, says Marshall Shepherd, an atmospheric scientist at the University of Georgia in Athens.“Heat waves can be particularly amplified in urban areas,” he says.“If you had a couple of weeks notice, you could mobilize cooling stations and adjust resources to mitigate mortality and morbidity,” and power companies could plan for increased demand driven by air-conditioner use.

Because extreme heatwaves happen only once every few years, the researchers turned to computer climate models to look for signals that foreshadow a severe hot spell. Led by Haiyan Teng, a climate scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado, the scientists examined 2,300 heatwaves from 12,000 years’ worth of simulated US weather.“The really great thing is that they were able to leverage those model runs to get good statistics,” says Siegfried Schubert, a meteorologist at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, who is collaborating with Teng and her team on a related project.

The analysis revealed that major heatwaves were four times more likely to develop after a strong wavenumber-5 system formed at mid-latitudes. Teng says that this particular pattern can stagnate, leading to slow-moving high-pressure zones that can produce prolonged heat.

P.S. Makes sense to report weather without country borders.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

georgie porgie wrote:
Why don't all you hysterics return to the agrarian lifestyles of 150 years ago? I'm sure you'd be much happier without any modern technologies and never going farther than 10 miles from your subsistence farm.
What turns on your hysteria?

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>What turns on your hysteria?
can someone provide a translation for this? thx.
Seriously, I guess it's the non stop advancement of destructive liberal policies that will eventually destroy this country.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

georgie porgie wrote:
<quoted text>
#2 is a lie:
Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-22172...
Oct 16, 2012 - Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report ... that 15 or 16 years is too short a period from which to draw conclusions.
UN Climate Change Report Ignores 15-Year 'Pause' in Warming
www.breitbart.com/.../UN-Climate-Change-Repor... ;
Sep 28, 2013 -... for global warming left out data that found the planet has stopped warming over the last 15 years because it did not fit with the climate change .
NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago ...
climatism.wordpress.com/.../nature-study-conf... ;
Aug 30, 2013 - "We've got to ride this global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic ...
Scientists Baffled as Report Proves Global Warming Has Stopped ...
www.collective-evolution.com › Science & Tech › Discover&#8206;
Apr 15, 2013 -“15 years without warming are now behind us.... co.uk/news/article-2261577/Glo bal-warming-stopped-16-years-a go-Met-Office-report-reveals-. ..
Do you always do your #2 first?

Answer: Yes, you do because you learn science from science denier blogs.. LOL.

P.S. Wake up. You are using stale denier material..
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

georgie porgie wrote:
<quoted text>
#3, the volume of ice on the planet is in constant flux, no one can prove otherwise.
#4 no can say for with certainty when another ice age may happen.
Try again.
Do you know what constant flux is? It means you agree with me.

As to the ice ages, scientists have mapped them out and I am correct but you are not.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

georgie porgie wrote:
<quoted text>
#1, these "scientists", read liars:
Climategate 2.0: New E-Mails Rock The Global Warming Debate ...
www.forbes.com/.../climategate-2-0-new-e-mail... ;
Nov 23, 2011 - A new batch of 5,000 emails among scientists central to the assertion that ... nearly two years to the day after similar emails ignited the Climategate scandal.... emails:(1) prominent scientists central to the global warming debate are taking ..... after the first round of emails were released (not hacked) in 2009.
Global Warming E-Mails Scandal Show Scientists May Have ...
www.usnews.com › Opinion › Peter Roff&#8206;
The inconvenient truth of global warming increasingly seems like it is a hoax.... November 30, 2009 RSS Feed Print ... Some of those involved in the E-mail chains that are now under examination have concocted what on their face come ...
Climate change: this is the worst scientific scandal of our generation ...
www.telegraph.co.uk › Comment › Columnists › Christopher Booker&#8206;
Nov 28, 2009 - BBC weatherman was sent climate change emails. 30 Nov 2009. Since 2003, however, when the statistical methods used to create the "hockey ...
No, you are as usual out of practice.

Refer to my other posts for facts.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
can someone provide a translation for this? thx.
Seriously, I guess it's the non stop advancement of destructive liberal policies that will eventually destroy this country.
Ask georgie porgie.. LOL
Coal is King

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Voices from the coalfields:

From Hazard, KY:

"Al Gore wants to destroy the internal combustion engine, according to his book "Earth in the Balance". Harry Reid and Barack Obama don't need another supporter cramming their liberal anti-Christian and anti-coal agenda down our throats. Screw liberals. Alison Lundergan Grimes wants you to want "change" like the change we got in Obama. Hollyweird liberals are supporting her. She is a Lexington liberal and unfit to govern. If you hate coal and love Obama-Reid-Pelosi, then you would support Alison Lundergan Grimes. She can only serve one term once the anti-Mitch sentiment is gone and then she will be a lobbyist like Ben Ladin Chandler. Alison Lundergan Grimes is under pressure to support an anti-coal, anti-Christian agenda...otherwise why is Dirty Harry Reid having a fund raiser for her in Vegas?"
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

I don't know how to lie,but I think I could learn from Georgia Pacific, the Koch sucker.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

georgie porgie wrote:
<quoted text>
said the cowardly kangaroo humping Australian hiding his location.
Says the man from Denver, or is it Florida, plus every other southern state.

Meanwhile around the globe:
LONDON — One of the most powerful storms in Europe in years left at least 13 people dead, hundreds of thousands without power and many stranded on Monday when trains, planes and ferries were canceled after high winds battered the northern part of the Continent.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/29/world/europ...

Move along nothing to see here.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh... still can't admit it.
LOL
I just admitted that you have no good argument to deny global warming.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I just admitted that you have no good argument to deny global warming.
One step at a time...

You got so close but could/would not admit Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.

Don't feel bad... no other warmists can muster the courage either, but it does lend some credibility to the 'religion' aspects of AGW culture.

Thanks... again for the confirmation.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

georgie porgie wrote:
...... modern technologies......
Just what "georgie porgie" helped develop with its science & mathematics degrees.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Coal is King wrote:
Voices from the coalfields:
Croaks from the upper floor, upper crust paper pushers & people shovers, dirty coal PEE-R propagandistic strategies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,441 - 38,460 of43,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

59 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min forks_make_us_fat 1,036,139
ask amy 4-22 6 min pde 62
Ku Klux Klan wants to form Pennsylvania neighbo... 8 min Great Idea 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 20 min edogxxx 96,208
Homeowner shooting dead two teens who broke int... 26 min Damn good man 1
Amy 4-23 36 min loose cannon 7
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 37 min TRD 67,237
•••
•••