Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 54567 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40917 Oct 28, 2013
georgie porgie wrote:
<quoted text>
#2 is a lie:
Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-22172...
Oct 16, 2012 - Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report ... that 15 or 16 years is too short a period from which to draw conclusions.
UN Climate Change Report Ignores 15-Year 'Pause' in Warming
www.breitbart.com/.../UN-Climate-Change-Repor... ;
Sep 28, 2013 -... for global warming left out data that found the planet has stopped warming over the last 15 years because it did not fit with the climate change .
NATURE STUDY Confirms Global Warming Stopped 15 Years Ago ...
climatism.wordpress.com/.../nature-study-conf... ;
Aug 30, 2013 - "We've got to ride this global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic ...
Scientists Baffled as Report Proves Global Warming Has Stopped ...
www.collective-evolution.com › Science & Tech › Discover&#8206;
Apr 15, 2013 -“15 years without warming are now behind us.... co.uk/news/article-2261577/Glo bal-warming-stopped-16-years-a go-Met-Office-report-reveals-. ..
Do you always do your #2 first?

Answer: Yes, you do because you learn science from science denier blogs.. LOL.

P.S. Wake up. You are using stale denier material..
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40918 Oct 28, 2013
georgie porgie wrote:
<quoted text>
#3, the volume of ice on the planet is in constant flux, no one can prove otherwise.
#4 no can say for with certainty when another ice age may happen.
Try again.
Do you know what constant flux is? It means you agree with me.

As to the ice ages, scientists have mapped them out and I am correct but you are not.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40919 Oct 28, 2013
georgie porgie wrote:
<quoted text>
#1, these "scientists", read liars:
Climategate 2.0: New E-Mails Rock The Global Warming Debate ...
www.forbes.com/.../climategate-2-0-new-e-mail... ;
Nov 23, 2011 - A new batch of 5,000 emails among scientists central to the assertion that ... nearly two years to the day after similar emails ignited the Climategate scandal.... emails:(1) prominent scientists central to the global warming debate are taking ..... after the first round of emails were released (not hacked) in 2009.
Global Warming E-Mails Scandal Show Scientists May Have ...
www.usnews.com › Opinion › Peter Roff&#8206;
The inconvenient truth of global warming increasingly seems like it is a hoax.... November 30, 2009 RSS Feed Print ... Some of those involved in the E-mail chains that are now under examination have concocted what on their face come ...
Climate change: this is the worst scientific scandal of our generation ...
www.telegraph.co.uk › Comment › Columnists › Christopher Booker&#8206;
Nov 28, 2009 - BBC weatherman was sent climate change emails. 30 Nov 2009. Since 2003, however, when the statistical methods used to create the "hockey ...
No, you are as usual out of practice.

Refer to my other posts for facts.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40920 Oct 28, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
can someone provide a translation for this? thx.
Seriously, I guess it's the non stop advancement of destructive liberal policies that will eventually destroy this country.
Ask georgie porgie.. LOL
Coal is King

Cadiz, KY

#40921 Oct 28, 2013
Voices from the coalfields:

From Hazard, KY:

"Al Gore wants to destroy the internal combustion engine, according to his book "Earth in the Balance". Harry Reid and Barack Obama don't need another supporter cramming their liberal anti-Christian and anti-coal agenda down our throats. Screw liberals. Alison Lundergan Grimes wants you to want "change" like the change we got in Obama. Hollyweird liberals are supporting her. She is a Lexington liberal and unfit to govern. If you hate coal and love Obama-Reid-Pelosi, then you would support Alison Lundergan Grimes. She can only serve one term once the anti-Mitch sentiment is gone and then she will be a lobbyist like Ben Ladin Chandler. Alison Lundergan Grimes is under pressure to support an anti-coal, anti-Christian agenda...otherwise why is Dirty Harry Reid having a fund raiser for her in Vegas?"
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#40922 Oct 28, 2013
I don't know how to lie,but I think I could learn from Georgia Pacific, the Koch sucker.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#40923 Oct 28, 2013
georgie porgie wrote:
<quoted text>
said the cowardly kangaroo humping Australian hiding his location.
Says the man from Denver, or is it Florida, plus every other southern state.

Meanwhile around the globe:
LONDON — One of the most powerful storms in Europe in years left at least 13 people dead, hundreds of thousands without power and many stranded on Monday when trains, planes and ferries were canceled after high winds battered the northern part of the Continent.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/29/world/europ...

Move along nothing to see here.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#40924 Oct 28, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh... still can't admit it.
LOL
I just admitted that you have no good argument to deny global warming.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40925 Oct 28, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I just admitted that you have no good argument to deny global warming.
One step at a time...

You got so close but could/would not admit Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.

Don't feel bad... no other warmists can muster the courage either, but it does lend some credibility to the 'religion' aspects of AGW culture.

Thanks... again for the confirmation.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40926 Oct 28, 2013
georgie porgie wrote:
...... modern technologies......
Just what "georgie porgie" helped develop with its science & mathematics degrees.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40927 Oct 28, 2013
Coal is King wrote:
Croaks from the upper floor, upper crust paper pushers & people shovers, dirty coal PEE-R propagandistic strategies.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40928 Oct 28, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
loon

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#40929 Oct 28, 2013
same fuquing idiots promoting their same old stupid warmist agenda.

i could take a year off from this thread and not miss anything noteworthy.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#40930 Oct 28, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
same fuquing idiots promoting their same old stupid warmist agenda.
i could take a year off from this thread and not miss anything noteworthy.
Good idea. Do it.

We don't need your lies.
Coal is King

Cadiz, KY

#40931 Oct 28, 2013

From Morehead, KY:

“Power plants have added billions of dollars worth of equipment to remove SO2 and NOX. That is why your electric bill is so high. Also, didn't you learn in school that trees and all of the plants that supply your food love CO2?
Al Gore is making billions of dollars off of his war on coal. Don't believe a word he is saying because he is very biased and greedy person. He is driving up the price of electricity for the elderly and poor while getting rich.”

From Morehead, KY:

“Maybe you should keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid instead of opening your mouth and proving you're stupid. Mitch McConnell has been good for Kentucky else he wouldn't be elected time after time. As someone else said, Grimes hates coal miners. Actually, all demoncrats hate all working people. Demoncrats take from working people and give to people like yourself who wouldn't work in a pie factory tasting pies. What are moochers like you going to do when working people like myself give up and those welfare checks start bouncing?”

From London, KY:

“Liberals want to ban logging and fossil fuels. People didn't live healthy BEFORE this country was into mining, oil drilling/refining etc..A few pollutants keeps the bacteria under control. Did the early Native Americans live well?Nope Mr. Dirty Harry Reid D-NV. Harry Reid, Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Alison Lundergan Grimes (and her crooked daddy who funded Anthony Weiner of New York City) make me SICK.”

From Pikeville, KY:

“Coal has a very bright future. Europe is burning more coal. Germany built 12 new coal powered plants from 2010-2012 and decided they needed more and now have been building 23 more. Electric bills are coming down in Germany. Goodbye green energy. And Japan has set a new record for coal use in one year as they return to coal. As the world returns to coal, except for us, they will buy American coal.”

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#40932 Oct 28, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea. Do it.
We don't need your lies.
of course you don't, son!!

you simians live a lie.
Jeff

Beckley, WV

#40933 Oct 28, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the gleaners in the Bible. Coal companies & their upper crust paper shufflers & people shovers( who get millions in bonus, retirement & stock options) pay their workers so little, the citizens of the state have to scavenge. The coal companies pay little to the state gov'ts because they have them in their back pockets & carry the profits away to other regions of the world.
Pay their workers so little? Another asinine comment from someone who only knows what he has been spoonfed and does not know a thing about the truth. Miners make excellent wages and benefits. The only ones crying are the ones who do not want to work. I dont call making 50k plus a year without overtime little pay. Educate yourself as you are always telling others.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#40934 Oct 28, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay their workers so little? Another asinine comment from someone who only knows what he has been spoonfed and does not know a thing about the truth. Miners make excellent wages and benefits. The only ones crying are the ones who do not want to work. I dont call making 50k plus a year without overtime little pay. Educate yourself as you are always telling others.
50K a year and a good chance it will kill you before your time.

Birmingham, Alabama, became an industrial giant by exploiting the cheap labor of rural blacks in its verdant coal and iron mines and steel mills. This gave it an advantage over Northern mills and mines. As a result, all mines and mills had to start holding the line on labor costs, refused to give wages or benefits, and unions were born in Pittsburgh and Detroit.

All men want to work; it gives their lives worth. The only crying was from the widows and orphans of miners.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#40935 Oct 28, 2013
The Northwest rebellion begins!

The West, especially California, lead the way again.

(Reuters)- The leaders of the three U.S. states along the Pacific Coast and the Canadian province of British Columbia agreed on Monday to align carbon-cutting policies in the coastal region, which together is equivalent to the world's fifth-largest economy.

Under the agreement aimed at aligning climate change strategies, the U.S. states of Oregon and Washington will move to set their first pricing on carbon emissions.

California, which has a cap-and-trade program, and British Columbia, which has a carbon tax, will continue current carbon pricing programs under the deal.

"We're the first generation to feel the sting of climate change, and we are the last generation that can do something about it," said Washington Governor Jay Inslee, who along with the governors of California and Oregon is a Democrat.

He said recent public hearings made it clear that people in his Pacific Northwest state want action on climate change. "They want a limit on carbon pollution... they want action now."

The new agreement also calls for Oregon and Washington to adopt a "low carbon fuel standard," which requires transportation fuel producers to gradually reduce the carbon content of their products.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40936 Oct 28, 2013
"coal is cancer" coughed:
Power plants have added billions of dollars worth of equipment to remove SO2 and NOX. That is why your electric bill is so high.
Coal has a very bright future.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Right where the coal powered electricity generating plant & downwind populations are is exactly where excess lung cancer rates are highest.

http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/lung/statistics/sta...

Therefore, rich coal industry leaders still aren't paying what they need, to save people that coal endangers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,277,474
Ask amy 9-2-15 30 min Kuuipo 13
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 196,986
How to get into the USA. 2 hr New Beach Boys Song 4
News Three Men Arrested for Oak Park Carjacking, Arm... 2 hr They Shot da Cop 2
abby9-2-15 2 hr Mister Tonka 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Ferrerman unplugg... 100,659
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages