Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
38,361 - 38,380 of 46,326 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Anonymous

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#40872 Oct 27, 2013
FYI..Global Warming is a FARCE..Dummies
Its called political agenda!
drinK the Hive

New York, NY

#40873 Oct 27, 2013
Perhaps This Is Related The Buddhist Concept Of Desire Resulting In Suffering?...

president Gil

Denver, CO

#40874 Oct 27, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You are such a kidder.
as a child I remember mom shoveling coal into our furnace, libs are so F ing ignorant. You should have been born 500 years ago, you would have loved it.
president Gil

Denver, CO

#40875 Oct 27, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Scavenge coal along sides of the roads? That is the most asinine comment I have heard. I dare you to come here and show me one pound of coal along side the road around Oak Hill that has fallen from a coal truck. Oh, and our median income was almost 32K, not rich, but again, proves how people like you take lies and make them into facts.
Oh, and the DOT makes the driver of an overloaded truck dump the coal beside the road? Another lie, he will get fined, but again, you seem to enjoy making lies a fact. You warmist seem to do that a lot.
Maybe he meant England.
warm my bum

Denver, CO

#40876 Oct 27, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mind answering my questions?
1. How do you obtain your coal?
2. What happens to your flue gases?
5. What happens to your ashes?
Thanks.
Answer this:

Why did those scientist lie in the emails?

Why has the temperature stayed steady for 15 years?

Why are the arctic ice areas growing?

Shoudn't we be afraid of another ice age?
warm my bum

Denver, CO

#40877 Oct 27, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't complain about money going to climate research because in the end it's no different than money going to homeland security or the army for that matter. However none of your lot see it as keeping American's safe. Like the man says, the US faces a far greater threat by climate than they ever will by the likes of Al Queda.
Idiot/moron/imbecile/lying sack of shit/kangaroo humper

who's died from AGW in America?

we should have nuked you a long time ago.
warm my bum

Denver, CO

#40878 Oct 27, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder which of the failed climate models convinced them.
Follow the money.

Has any liberal ever admitted their crimes/dishonesty, duplicity/lies etc.?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#40879 Oct 27, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't complain about money going to climate research because in the end it's no different than money going to homeland security or the army for that matter. However none of your lot see it as keeping American's safe. Like the man says, the US faces a far greater threat by climate than they ever will by the likes of Al Queda.
The price of carbon is too high to pay. Too high when you figure the illness and death caused by it, the damage to the environment, and the contribution to global warming.

The profit from carbon enriches America's enemies. Carbon makes the rich, richer, and the poor, poorer. The volatility of carbon means it's an undependable supply. All of America is dependent on carbon down to the smallest details of our lives, and that is stupid. Protecting the carbon supply requires American troops, equipment, and funds. Carbon is too expensive!

But we can cut our carbon use. Just do it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40880 Oct 27, 2013
president Gil wrote:
<quoted text>
as[sic] a child I remember mom shoveling[sic] coal into our furnace, libs are so F ing[sic] ignorant. You should have been born 500 years ago, you would have loved it.
My post could have been addressed to you as well... in regard to your name: Really? You are such a kidder.

Half a millennium ago? No, they were not shovelling coal just yet. Get your facts straignt, denier type aka ignorant.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40881 Oct 27, 2013
warm my bum wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer this:
[1] Why did those[sic] scientist[sic] lie in the emails?
[2] Why has the temperature stayed steady for 15 years?
[3] Why are the arctic ice areas growing?
[4] Shoudn't we be afraid of another ice age?
1. I don't know which scientist you are asking about. Professor Larry Bel?
2. Again, explain yourself because the earth has been warming steadily, including the last 15 years.
3. That happens every year with sea ice but the total ice volume is decreasing drastically every year under man-made global warming.
4, No, not to occur for another 16,000 years or more.

You are welcome.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40883 Oct 27, 2013
.. kidding... Bel is not one...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#40884 Oct 27, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't even admit Al Gore is a hypocrite preaching the perils of global warming but consuming gobs of fossil fuels as he travels from place to place preaching the perils of global warming.
As usual this is laughable, considering while he is not getting the message out there using the same mediums that the flat earth people use to perpetuate the myth we have nothing to worry about. What do you expect him to do, dress like Tarzan and yell from a tree where the only audience he attracts is a grizzly bear & a couple of squirrels.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40885 Oct 27, 2013
Actually.. Al Gore travels on commercial airlines as discussed on tv.. Believe it or not!

LOL.
Obama bin lying

Denver, CO

#40886 Oct 27, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>My post could have been addressed to you as well... in regard to your name: Really? You are such a kidder.
Half a millennium ago? No, they were not shovelling coal just yet. Get your facts straignt, denier type aka ignorant.
global warming, right, douche?

Britain braces for massive storm
LONDON (AP) Driving rains and high winds lashed the U.K. on Sunday evening, as officials warned that the storm forecasters are calling one of the worst in years will cause widespread disruptions for early morning commuters.
Associated Press
SB bin lying

Denver, CO

#40887 Oct 27, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Actually.. Al Gore travels on commercial airlines as discussed on tv.. Believe it or not!
LOL.
If you and Al would just half your burrito consumption the crisis would be over. LMAO
SB bin lying

Denver, CO

#40888 Oct 27, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't even admit Al Gore is a hypocrite preaching the perils of global warming but consuming gobs of fossil fuels as he travels from place to place preaching the perils of global warming.
It's their religion, they can't become apostates at this late stage, that would be sacrilegious.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40889 Oct 27, 2013
Slang uses

Douche bag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term, referring to an arrogant or obnoxious person. The slang usage of the term originated in the 1960s.[10]

QED>> not related at all to man-made global warming. However, topix deniers are liars.
SB bin lying

Denver, CO

#40890 Oct 27, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The price of carbon is too high to pay. Too high when you figure the illness and death caused by it, the damage to the environment, and the contribution to global warming.
The profit from carbon enriches America's enemies. Carbon makes the rich, richer, and the poor, poorer. The volatility of carbon means it's an undependable supply. All of America is dependent on carbon down to the smallest details of our lives, and that is stupid. Protecting the carbon supply requires American troops, equipment, and funds. Carbon is too expensive!
But we can cut our carbon use. Just do it!
I told you to stop exhaling.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40891 Oct 27, 2013
SB bin lying wrote:
<quoted text>
It's their religion, they can't become apostates at this late stage, that would be sacrilegious.
Are you a priest or something like it in a religion?
dems own it

Denver, CO

#40894 Oct 27, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>1. I don't know which scientist you are asking about. Professor Larry Bel?
2. Again, explain yourself because the earth has been warming steadily, including the last 15 years.
3. That happens every year with sea ice but the total ice volume is decreasing drastically every year under man-made global warming.
4, No, not to occur for another 16,000 years or more.
You are welcome.
Denial, dissembling, dishonesty, delusions, demented

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min harmonious 1,100,490
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 24 min Rick Moss 68,994
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 32 min Quinn Pro Quo 1,909
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min LRS 177,407
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 55 min edogxxx 97,938
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 1 hr Heisenberg 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Dick Topick 49,534
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE