Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 47,074
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
georgie porgie

Denver, CO

#40850 Oct 26, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Georgie Porgie pudding and pie,
Kissed the girls and made them cry
When the boys came out to play,
Georgie Porgie ran away.
The origins of the lyrics to "Georgie Porgie" are English and refer to the courtier George Villiers, 1st duke of Duke of Buckingham (15921628). King James I took Villiers as his lover and nicknamed him "Steenie" (a reference to St. Stephen whom in the Bible describes as having the "face of an angel"). Villier's good looks also appealed to the ladies and his highly suspect morals were much in question!
So! a bisexual master of deceit. Hello, Georgie!
are you Fred or Barney?
georgie porgie

Denver, CO

#40851 Oct 26, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe just maybe, some of us are sick of the fossil fuelers sucking on the tax payers teat. Get your facts straight before making a tea bagger statement because 99% of what they say is wrong. Fossil fuels subsidy =$72 billion Renewables =$29 billion
Cost last year on the result of climate disruption. The federal spending on droughts, storms, floods, and forest fires are added up, the U.S. Climate Disruption Budget was nearly $100 billion.
Now go find how much is spent on climate research & see if it comes anywhere near any of the above, in fact pocket change!!!
The cost of doing NOTHING will be a 100 times than doing something but you idiots can't see that yet!
Read & weep
http://priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/
still nothing to talk about down under, kangaroo humper?
georgie porgie

Denver, CO

#40852 Oct 26, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Because all your posts are lies, e.g.
<quoted text>Say what? You make no sense..
English not yur first language? I've never told a lie. Global warmers make a career out of lying, however,
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40853 Oct 26, 2013
georgie porgie wrote:
<quoted text>
English not[sic] yur[sic] first language? I've never told a lie. Global warmers make a career out of lying, however,
HUH? You've never told a lie, NO!

georgie porgie is a liar!

However, global warmers aka fossil fuel industry do make a career out of lying like you.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40854 Oct 26, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
hahahaha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fHPBr6-sTQ8XX
Is this lullaby for the royalty?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#40855 Oct 26, 2013
georgie porgie wrote:
<quoted text>
are you Fred or Barney?
No, I'm the guy who drew pictures of elk on a cave wall, and traced my hand in ochre.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40856 Oct 26, 2013
middleofdownwronggully wrote:
You made my latte spew
An excuse to cover up your mouth drooling.........

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#40857 Oct 27, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
Or maybe just maybe, some of us are sick of the fossil fuelers sucking on the tax payers teat. Get your facts straight before making a tea bagger statement because 99% of what they say is wrong. Fossil fuels subsidy =$72 billion Renewables =$29 billion Cost last year on the result of climate disruption. The federal spending on droughts, storms, floods, and forest fires are added up, the U.S. Climate Disruption Budget was nearly $100 billion. Now go find how much is spent on climate research & see if it comes anywhere near any of the above, in fact pocket change!!! The cost of doing NOTHING will be a 100 times than doing something but you idiots can't see that yet! Read & weep
http://priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/
This link claims:

"$52 billion. Highest credible comprehensive estimate. Includes some costs associated with defending pipelines and shipping lanes in the Persian Gulf."

You call this a fossil fuel subsidy and I call this a free trade subsidy. If you don't want pirates interrupting the free flow of oil trade, keep America strong.
Jeff

Beckley, WV

#40858 Oct 27, 2013
Been working in the shop tonight, nice and toasty, new coal burning stove installed is going to be so nice this winter.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40859 Oct 27, 2013
Jeff wrote:
Been working in the shop tonight, nice and toasty, new coal burning stove installed is going to be so nice this winter.
Really? You are such a kidder.
Retired Farmer

Cadiz, KY

#40860 Oct 27, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm the guy who drew pictures of elk on a cave wall, and traced my hand in ochre.
I read recently that archaeologists have decided that the cave artists were mostly women. They did an analysis of the paint (which was evidently blown on through hollow reeds or cane) and found female DNA in it.

But I understand your message.
Retired Farmer

Cadiz, KY

#40861 Oct 27, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You are such a kidder.
He could well be telling the truth. Oak Hill, WV is one of the poorest places in America, as coal mining counties always are. The poverty rate is around 18 percent and the median income is very low. In such places it is not uncommon for poor people to install a coal stove and then scavenge coal from alongside the roads where it falls off coal trucks. Whenever the state DOT catches an overloaded coal truck, they make the driver dump the excess coal beside the road. People scavenge it clean within a few hours. That happens all over Appalachia.
Jeff

Beckley, WV

#40862 Oct 27, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You are such a kidder.
No, readily available supply, burns a long time, and cheaper than gas or electricity for my shop. This is the one I installed:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/united-...
Jeff

Beckley, WV

#40863 Oct 27, 2013
Retired Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
He could well be telling the truth. Oak Hill, WV is one of the poorest places in America, as coal mining counties always are. The poverty rate is around 18 percent and the median income is very low. In such places it is not uncommon for poor people to install a coal stove and then scavenge coal from alongside the roads where it falls off coal trucks. Whenever the state DOT catches an overloaded coal truck, they make the driver dump the excess coal beside the road. People scavenge it clean within a few hours. That happens all over Appalachia.
Scavenge coal along sides of the roads? That is the most asinine comment I have heard. I dare you to come here and show me one pound of coal along side the road around Oak Hill that has fallen from a coal truck. Oh, and our median income was almost 32K, not rich, but again, proves how people like you take lies and make them into facts.

Oh, and the DOT makes the driver of an overloaded truck dump the coal beside the road? Another lie, he will get fined, but again, you seem to enjoy making lies a fact. You warmist seem to do that a lot.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40865 Oct 27, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
No, readily available supply, burns a long time, and cheaper than gas or electricity for my shop. This is the one I installed:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/united-...
Do you mind answering my questions?

1. How do you obtain your coal?

2. What happens to your flue gases?

5. What happens to your ashes?

Thanks.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40866 Oct 27, 2013
Retired Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
I read recently that archaeologists have decided that the cave artists were mostly women. They did an analysis of the paint (which was evidently blown on through hollow reeds or cane) and found female DNA in it.
Do you recall if they specied the cave region? I read it also but it was not specific to an area.

I personally speculate the possibility applies to both genders.

http://blog.world-mysteries.com/strange-artif...
Jeff

Beckley, WV

#40867 Oct 27, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mind answering my questions?
1. How do you obtain your coal?
2. What happens to your flue gases?
5. What happens to your ashes?
Thanks.
Not at all.
1. I get my coal from the mine I retired from.
2. They go up the flue. The chimney has a catalytic combustor that burns off gasses, it works better when burning wood, but will help when burning coal which is the 90% of the time.
3. I put the ashes on my compost pile. People who have no experience with coal are surprised how little ash there is.

Your welcome.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#40868 Oct 27, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>This link claims:
"$52 billion. Highest credible comprehensive estimate. Includes some costs associated with defending pipelines and shipping lanes in the Persian Gulf."
You call this a fossil fuel subsidy and I call this a free trade subsidy. If you don't want pirates interrupting the free flow of oil trade, keep America strong.
Then don't complain about money going to climate research because in the end it's no different than money going to homeland security or the army for that matter. However none of your lot see it as keeping American's safe. Like the man says, the US faces a far greater threat by climate than they ever will by the likes of Al Queda.

Location hidden

#40869 Oct 27, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course you can PROVE that the costs for droughts, storms, floods, and forest fires were caused by global warming exclusive of all other reasons?
No?
The sky is falling,
the sky is falling!
>..........
Warmists doctor language, the same as they doctor data.
Nothing to see here... move along.
If they budget for it then they believe it will happen, just because you want everyone to accept a catastrophic weather event every other year as normal, the rest of the sane world have a very different view.

Location hidden

#40870 Oct 27, 2013
As for Moth's naturally occurring weather, well cyanide is natural to, we just don't want too much of it around as we would all be dead.
Same as weather, we don't want to be generating too much of that either as it has the potential to pose the same threat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min DBWriter 1,115,652
Amy 10-2 10 min edogxxx 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 23 min PEllen 98,375
Rauner, Quinn clash on Obamacare expansion ahea... 28 min Le Duped 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr in the end 50,065
Abby 10-2 1 hr edogxxx 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,618
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]