Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.
#40678 Oct 18, 2013
Global Warming Ate My Homework: 100 Things Blamed on Global Warming
Late for a party? Miss a meeting? Forget to pay your rent? Blame climate change; everyone else is doing it. From an increase in severe acne to all societal collapses since the beginning of time, just about everything gone wrong in the world today can be attributed to climate change. Heres a list of 100 storylines blaming climate change as the problem.
1. The deaths of Aspen trees in the West
2. Incredible shrinking sheep
3. Caribbean coral deaths
4. Eskimos forced to leave their village
5. Disappearing lake in Chile
6. Early heat wave in Vietnam
7. Malaria and water-borne diseases in Africa
8. Invasion of jellyfish in the Mediterranean
9. Break in the Arctic Ice Shelf
10. Monsoons in India
11. Birds laying their eggs early
12. 160,000 deaths a year
13. 315,000 deaths a year
14. 300,000 deaths a year
15. Decline in snowpack in the West
16. Deaths of walruses in Alaska
17. Hunger in Nepal
18. The appearance of oxygen-starved dead zones in the oceans
19. Surge in fatal shark attacks
20. Increasing number of typhoid cases in the Philippines
21. Boy Scout tornado deaths
22. Rise in asthma and hayfever
23. Duller fall foliage in 2007
24. Floods in Jakarta
25. Radical ecological shift in the North Sea
26. Snowfall in Baghdad
27. Western tree deaths
28. Diminishing desert resources
29. Pine beetles
30. Swedish beetles
31. Severe acne
32. Global conflict
33. Crash of Air France 447
34. Black Hawk Down incident
35. Amphibians breeding earlier
36. Flesh-eating disease
37. Global cooling
38. Bird strikes on US Airways 1549
39. Beer tastes different
40. Cougar attacks in Alberta
41. Suicide of farmers in Australia
42. Squirrels reproduce earlier
43. Monkeys moving to Great Rift Valley in Kenya
44. Confusion of migrating birds
45. Bigger tuna fish
46. Water shortages in Las Vegas
47. Worldwide hunger
48. Longer days
49. Earth spinning faster
50. Gender balance of crocodiles
51. Skin cancer deaths in UK
52. Increase in kidney stones in India
53. Penguin chicks frozen by global warming
54. Deaths of Minnesota moose
55. Increased threat of HIV/AIDS in developing countries
56. Increase of wasps in Alaska
57. Killer stingrays off British coasts
58. All societal collapses since the beginning of time
59. Bigger spiders
60. Increase in size of giant squid
61. Increase of orchids in UK
62. Collapse of gingerbread houses in Sweden
63. Cow infertility
64. Conflict in Darfur
65. Bluetongue outbreak in UK cows
66. Worldwide wars
67. Insomnia of children worried about global warming
68. Anxiety problems for people worried about climate change
69. Migration of cockroaches
70. Taller mountains due to melting glaciers
71. Drowning of four polar bears
72. UFO sightings in the UK
73. Hurricane Katrina
74. Greener mountains in Sweden
75. Decreased maple in maple trees
76. Cold wave in India
77. Worse traffic in LA because immigrants moving north
78. Increase in heart attacks and strokes
79. Rise in insurance premiums
80. Invasion of European species of earthworm in UK
81. Cold spells in Australia
82. Increase in crime
83. Boiling oceans
84. Grizzly deaths
85. Dengue fever
86. Lack of monsoons
87. Caterpillars devouring 45 towns in Liberia
88. Acid rain recovery
89. Global wheat shortage; food price hikes
90. Extinction of 13 species in Bangladesh
91. Changes in swan migration patterns in Siberia
92. The early arrival of Turkeys endangered caretta carettas
93. Radical North Sea shift
94. Heroin addiction
95. Plant species climbing up mountains
96. Deadly fires in Australia
97. Droughts in Australia
98. The demise of Californias agriculture by the end of the century
99. Tsunami in South East Asia
100. Fashion victim: the death of the winter wardrobe
And the list goes on.
16. Deaths of walruses in Alaska
96. Deadly fires in Australia...
Check those off... 98 to go.
#40679 Oct 18, 2013
Pollbank.in is a forum website to create and post your polls and submit your blogs, articles, news and receive comments and much more. You can also create a network of friends. You can do your posting either in public category (to be viewed by all friends) or private category (to be viewed only by your selected friends).
Founder of pollbank.in
Bokaro Steel City
#40680 Oct 18, 2013
i hate snow
#40681 Oct 18, 2013
'This is as bad as it gets'
Can't you read?
There have been lots of large fires in Australia.
Gonna blame them all on "climate change" (aka 'global warming')?
"set fire to half the state bigger than the size of Texas"
Ahh... nothing like a bit of doomsday hyperbole to really, really, REALLY make your point, huh?
#40682 Oct 18, 2013
There is no global warming. My grandpa used to keep those temperature records. He said him and his co-workers would just make numbers up. Said it was "close enough for government work".
He said the thermometers didn't work very well and were sometimes in the shade as trees and bushes grew. The shaded thermometers were wrong so they just picked a number that sounded good.
Since: Apr 08
"the green troll"
#40683 Oct 18, 2013
I smell a rat.
Since: Jul 11
#40684 Oct 18, 2013
Yes that's true, but take another look at the time line and frequency. If you mapped that against warming graph the trend would almost match and probably for the USA as well.
#40685 Oct 18, 2013
Precip: 0.17 in Past 7 Days Precip:1.42 inMonth to Date Precip:2.70 inWind Speed / Gusts: NW at 14 mph gusting to 20 mph Average High & Low: 58°/ 39° Record High: 84°(1910) Record Low: 22°(1952) Monthly Avg Precip:2.43 inSunrise: 7:32 am Sunset: 6:24 pm Moonset: 6:02 am Moonrise: 5:41 pm Moon Phase:Waxing Gibbous
Life is good
#40686 Oct 18, 2013
Don' forget your ED.
#40687 Oct 18, 2013
"ED" the hillbilly squealed!
#40688 Oct 18, 2013
Father and son team?
The Koch brothers?
I noted earlier that all meteorological thermometers are kept inside the shelter...in..the.....shade... in the present era. Putting them in the sun would give you some really high readings. So the idiot defeats his own argument because he
#40689 Oct 18, 2013
I think you're a little sore since I screwed you.
Didn't like it much, huh?
#40690 Oct 18, 2013
Need some banjo music fellars ...
Since: Mar 13
#40691 Oct 18, 2013
Global warming is a scam created to dupe scientifically illiterate politicians out of millions in grant money. The planet goes through warming and cooling cycles. Michael Mann's hockey stick chart has been disproven and his methodology is nothing less than fraud. If you are so worried about how hot the planet will be in 100 years, feel free to research the "Little Climatic Optimum" which is also called "The Medieval Warming Period" and which the emails leaked from the East Anglia University Climate Research Unit show Mann and his co-conspirators were deliberately understating or withholding from their calculations because it shows that the temperatures were warmer 1000 years ago than they are now. In fact, if Michael Mann is right (and his projections have proven to have been wrong for the last 15 years) the planet will only reach the temperature that it was in 1100 in a hundred years or so.
#40692 Oct 18, 2013
So true. So true. It just makes me feel inferior to now know the truth. I was really invested in all of the hype. I can't believe I was so dumb. I even gave money to some charity that was supposed to slow down the warming. Now I kinda need money and I have to ask my elderly mom for a loan (I'll never pay it back, to be honest). She's loaned me money before.
#40693 Oct 18, 2013
That really makes sense. Everyone knows that thermometers in the olden days were not accurate. I've often heard the phrase "close enough for government work". Lots of government data collectors did the same thing.
Since: Jul 11
#40694 Oct 19, 2013
What a moronic post, the Tea party Talibans would accept you with open arms. They need all the ignorant recruits they can find!
The only money you invested in slowing down the warming was an icepack from Walmart.
#40695 Oct 19, 2013
New Study:2013 ranks as one of the least extreme U.S. weather years ever Many bad weather events at historically low levels
'Whether youre talking about tornadoes, wildfires, extreme heat or hurricanes, the good news is that weather-related disasters in the US are all way down this year compared to recent years and, in some cases, down to historically low levels.'
Tornadoes:'lowest total in several decades'
Number of wildfires:'On pace to be the lowest it has been in the past ten years'
Extreme Heat: The number of 100 degree days may 'turn out to be the lowest in about 100 years of records'
Hurricanes:'We are currently in the longest period (8 years) since the Civil War Era without a major hurricane strike in the US (i.e., category 3, 4 or 5)'( last major hurricane to strike the US was Hurricane Wilma in 2005)
#40696 Oct 19, 2013
Since: Jul 13
#40697 Oct 19, 2013
Wow!!! You have to open oooo....
Add your comments below
|Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08)||5 min||Susanm||1,483,966|
|"Wooden Girl" a bit Weird||19 min||Gotta Luv Her||2|
|BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09)||34 min||Dr Guru||234,664|
|last post wins! (Apr '13)||3 hr||They cannot kill ...||2,192|
|Shootings, homicides in Chicago both higher tha...||7 hr||former democrat||2|
|Meryl Streep is a worthless know nothing bitch.||8 hr||Go Blue Forever||13|
|Sexy milf next door||10 hr||Helen||1|
Find what you want!
Search Chicago Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC