Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 47,066
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#40242 Oct 4, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
The United States imports about 220,000 tons of sugar annually from the Dominican Republic,
"I think most Americans would be ashamed to know at what price they put sugar in their coffee every morning," he said. Sugar workers "are real people, real children, with hopes and dreams of a better future and of a dignified existence."
Woe is me.....the price humanity must pay for renewables. And to think the US actually subsidizes this kind of thing. You do know sugar cane is considered a source for cellulosic biofuel, don't you? Sugar cane is one of the main feedstocks in (green energy) ethanol production!

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#40243 Oct 4, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one touting the 'science' of global warming.
Nope, you are the one touting the unbased denial.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40244 Oct 4, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you are the one touting the unbased denial.
LOL

Left to your own original thinking, you're incoherent.

Please don't try again. My divining rods are worn out trying to make sense of your rambling posts.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#40245 Oct 4, 2013
The weird thing about this thread, apart from Bozo, is that it's almost 5 years old and Glowbull warming hasn't speeded up for well over 15 years, which makes an even bigger mockery of this thread than Bozo's presence.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40246 Oct 4, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
You do know that even without all your cut/paste posts from government websites (closed by Obama as non-essential during the shutdown), you're still spewing more CO2 into the atmosphere, don't you?

Hypocrite.

Wichita, KS

#40248 Oct 4, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
The weird thing about this thread, apart from Bozo, is that it's almost 5 years old and Glowbull warming hasn't speeded up for well over 15 years, which makes an even bigger mockery of this thread than Bozo's presence.
It hasn't cooled down either, grandpa. The last decade is the warmest on record.

Wichita, KS

#40249 Oct 4, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Left to your own original thinking, you're incoherent.
Please don't try again. My divining rods are worn out trying to make sense of your rambling posts.
Empty words are all you contribute. Mostly whining about Al Gore since you have little other arguments to contribute.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40250 Oct 4, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Empty words are all you contribute. Mostly whining about Al Gore since you have little other arguments to contribute.
If you were paying attention, my questions about Al Gore have everything to do with his alleged belief on the 'science' of global warming, while not adhering to the same advice he's giving others.

Do keep up. I don't mind repeating the point, but at some time, I expect you'd be embarrassed at having to have it said to you over and over again.

And let's not forget President Obama. Another proponent of the 'science' of global warming who is so convinced he has his dog flown on separate flights to family vacations.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40251 Oct 4, 2013
The IPCC Has A Fever

Even with all their data tampering, NASA, NOAA and the IPCC can’t get temperatures up to Hansen’s zero emissions Scenario C

Red shows AR5 temperature overlaid on Hansen’s 1988 forecasts.

And after all these failures, they keep increasing their confidence assertions.

This whole global warming scam has sunk to such pathetic levels, it defies comprehension.

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2013/10/02...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40252 Oct 4, 2013
Summer 2013 Was The Mildest In At Least A Century

This past summer had the fewest 100ºF readings of any summer in at least a century in the US.

Summers used to be much hotter in the US, and over the last century, 100ºF readings have dropped by 25%. The summer of 1936 had more than seven times as many 100ºF readings as 2013.

According to NOAA, 2012 was the most extreme year in US history – yet their data shows that it didn’t even rank in the top twenty for hot days. They consider mild winter days to be extreme, and then count each mild winter day as two extreme temperatures (minimum and maximum.)

In 1907, the US Weather Bureau explained NOAA’s actions :

JANUARY, 1907. MONTHLY WEATHER REVIEW.

It is wrong to mutilate or suppress the record of an observation of a phenomenon of nature, but it is also wrong to make a bad use of the record. In fact, it is the misuse of meteorological data, not the observing or publishing, that constitutes a crime against the community.

docs.lib.noaa.gov/rescue/mwr/035/mwr-035-01-0...

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2013/09/30...

Wichita, KS

#40253 Oct 4, 2013
Mothra wrote:
Summer 2013 Was The Mildest In At Least A Century
This past summer had the fewest 100ºF readings of any summer in at least a century in the US.
Summers used to be much hotter in the US, and over the last century, 100ºF readings have dropped by 25%. The summer of 1936 had more than seven times as many 100ºF readings as 2013.
According to NOAA, 2012 was the most extreme year in US history – yet their data shows that it didn’t even rank in the top twenty for hot days. They consider mild winter days to be extreme, and then count each mild winter day as two extreme temperatures (minimum and maximum.)
In 1907, the US Weather Bureau explained NOAA’s actions :
JANUARY, 1907. MONTHLY WEATHER REVIEW.
It is wrong to mutilate or suppress the record of an observation of a phenomenon of nature, but it is also wrong to make a bad use of the record. In fact, it is the misuse of meteorological data, not the observing or publishing, that constitutes a crime against the community.
docs.lib.noaa.gov/rescue/mwr/035/mwr-035-01-0...
http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2013/09/30...
Misrepresentation of the data. It is quite possible for the average summer heat to be high without a record number of 100 degree days.

Wichita, KS

#40254 Oct 4, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were paying attention, my questions about Al Gore have everything to do with his alleged belief on the 'science' of global warming, while not adhering to the same advice he's giving others.
Do keep up. I don't mind repeating the point, but at some time, I expect you'd be embarrassed at having to have it said to you over and over again.
And let's not forget President Obama. Another proponent of the 'science' of global warming who is so convinced he has his dog flown on separate flights to family vacations.
No, you just whine about Al Gore as if he is the only person on the planet. Mostly just rationalization because you don't want to change how you do things. Al Gore has decreased his footprint.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40255 Oct 4, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you just whine about Al Gore as if he is the only person on the planet. Mostly just rationalization because you don't want to change how you do things. Al Gore has decreased his footprint.
Wow, Mr. Clairvoyant, tell me how many fingers am I holding up?

Should be a simple answer for someone who knows what I'm thinking.

Once again (and I'm typing really, really slowly just for you)...

Al Gore talks about global warming as a crisis.

Al Gore doesn't live as if global warming is a crisis.

Al Gore is a hypocrite.

Get that, or do you need pictures?

Wichita, KS

#40256 Oct 4, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, Mr. Clairvoyant, tell me how many fingers am I holding up?
Should be a simple answer for someone who knows what I'm thinking.
Once again (and I'm typing really, really slowly just for you)...
Al Gore talks about global warming as a crisis.
Al Gore doesn't live as if global warming is a crisis.
Al Gore is a hypocrite.
Get that, or do you need pictures?
More whinnnnnning. Get off your obsession about Al Gore. About your fingers, I think I know where they are....
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40257 Oct 4, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
More whinnnnnning. Get off your obsession about Al Gore. About your fingers, I think I know where they are....
Do you get a cookie every time you put "whine" into a post?

Oooo... and now a new word for the day...'obsession'.

But I guess Al Gore is just too important to you to dare criticize.
chief chickenfeathers

Denver, CO

#40258 Oct 4, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know who's fat Al. But the hurricane season is not over yet.
Good luck to all.
seems to be a lot you don't know.
chief chickenfeathers

Denver, CO

#40259 Oct 4, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>What about them?
The sun is free. No radioactive water is bubbling on their roofs. Sure, you can reprocess/recycle battery waste unlike the nuclear waste..
Waste not, want not..
Bad for the environment, don't 'cha know? No wind, no sun, no power.
chief chickenfeathers

Denver, CO

#40260 Oct 4, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the rest of the unfortunates. Would you give them your coat?
Maybe. Conservatives are much more charitable than libs, libs are mostly all talk.
chief chickenfeathers

Denver, CO

#40261 Oct 4, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
You might check out the packing houses or perhaps the construction industry for starters.
That's not proof.
chief chickenfeathers

Denver, CO

#40262 Oct 4, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Stage 1: Deny the Problem Exists
Often when people are first faced with an inconvenient problem, the immediate reaction involves denying its existence. For a long time climate contrarians denied that the planet was warming. Usually this involves disputing the accuracy of the surface temperature record, given that the data clearly indicate rapid warming.
In the 1990s, Christy and Spencer created a data set of lower atmosphere temperatures using measurements from satellite instruments. These initially seemed to indicate that the atmosphere was not warming, leading Christy, Spencer, and their fellow contrarians to declare that the problem didn't exist. Unfortunately, it turned out that their data set contained several biases that added an artificial cooling trend, and once those were corrected, it was revealed that the lower atmosphere was warming at a rate consistent with surface temperature measurements.
Most climate contrarians have come to accept that the planet has warmed significantly. Unfortunately many have regressed back into Stage 1 denial through the new myth that global warming magically stopped 15 years ago (most recently exemplified by David Rose in the Mail on Sunday). The error in that argument involves ignoring about 98 percent of the warming of the planet, most of which goes into heating the oceans. When we account for all of the data, global warming actually appears to be accelerating.
The planet has been warming since the last ice age, that's why many have trouble believing your speculations, suppositions and theories that haven't come true. weren't we supposed to have calamitous hurricanes by the droves? pretty sure the fat man said that. Would you prefer I call your high priest big oil Al?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min John Galt 1,115,576
Minimum Wage and Unemployment Model 27 min Goh 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Top of the Heap 4,054
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMerde 50,063
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mister Tonka 98,373
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr WelbyMD 178,617
Group of thieves hit Bentley Gold Coast store 3 hr Go Blue Forever 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]