Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 49,375
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#40203 Oct 3, 2013
Retired Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an example of some of the muddled thinking at the very bottom tips of the Tea Party's grass roots support:
"Nothing about the healthcare is about the bottom 4/5 or the top 1%. This is about people like you and I who have worked hard but can not afford the excessive premiums for women. If the congress gets the best healthcaare paid for by the citizens and 4 out of every 5 people in this country is on the government payroll,how in the hello can the other 1/5 survive? I say stop all government handouts to ANYONE that is illegal, healthy and big as a horse[they need exercise],those have never and never intend to work
If you go back to the rule of you eat when you work,there would be less folk with diabetes,high bloodpressure etc from being over weight. Before you all flip out I'm a big gal myself,so I can say this.
Another thing is the older people are struggling with everyday needs while these bloodsuckers in congress and the government handout tit are getting fatter,richer and more unconcerned with the working man/women.After all we don't count."
Almost nothing in this rant is fact-based, but it is sincerely believed by a great many people, the majority in the districts that elect Tea Party representatives to Congress.
LOL, I suppose I am one of the 4 out of 5 since I am on SS. I do volunteer work through a faith based group and see poverty first hand. Yes there are parasites, but that is not relegated to the poorest, it is found in ALL levels. However, there are folks who have through no fault of their own, except possibly being born in the wrong place, have fallen through the cracks. To ignore the plight of these along with their children is selfish and anti-Christian. How do those who disparage the poor pretend to be Christian?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#40204 Oct 3, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps repealing Obamacare is a legitimate option but there are not the votes to do it right now. Then Even if both Houses did, the President would veto it. Continued insistence that this demand be met will simply extend the shutdown and heighten concerns that the impasse might also result in a failure to raise the debt limit. Holding the Nation hostage is a stupid tactic.
It's unbelievable how these guys are trying to twist this. It's like having lost the superbowl three times in a row and telling us their team was really the winner.

Wichita, KS

#40205 Oct 3, 2013
Mayor Gloomberg wrote:
<quoted text>
The process in America does not involve illegal aliens. I'm sure you agree, right?
When these are seduced to come to the USA by companies desiring cheap labor, then ignore the plights of the illegals, yes I feel we have a duty to help them. We pay twice for the cheap labor the companies benefit from. There should be a enforced penalty levied upon those who willfully and knowingly hire illegals.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#40206 Oct 3, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR..
Go back and re-read since I posted his book title..
Otherwise you are the thickest of all the deniers .. ever!
{HOMO]
I don't need to go back or re-read anything again, son!! Every time I've looked back to your post last month you claim Mann is a,"Nobel winning scientist". Clearly you were wrong then or you're lying now!! Which is it, son??

Your fellow green buddies on this thread are cringing, I bet! Almost as much as you, huh,{homo}?

LOL

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#40207 Oct 3, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's unbelievable how these guys are trying to twist this. It's like having lost the superbowl three times in a row and telling us their team was really the winner.
sort of like you loons saying the science is settled on climate change???

LOL

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#40208 Oct 3, 2013
it's rather obvious that the alarmists here are more interested in politics and ideology than they are science.

pretty revealing if you 'axe' me!

LOL

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#40209 Oct 3, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
When these are seduced to come to the USA by companies desiring cheap labor, then ignore the plights of the illegals, yes I feel we have a duty to help them. We pay twice for the cheap labor the companies benefit from. There should be a enforced penalty levied upon those who willfully and knowingly hire illegals.
if you want to help employment in that case....i'll send my yard men to your house, deal?

how does cheap labor seduce anyone to work, btw??

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#40210 Oct 3, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I suppose I am one of the 4 out of 5 since I am on SS. I do volunteer work through a faith based group and see poverty first hand. Yes there are parasites, but that is not relegated to the poorest, it is found in ALL levels. However, there are folks who have through no fault of their own, except possibly being born in the wrong place, have fallen through the cracks. To ignore the plight of these along with their children is selfish and anti-Christian. How do those who disparage the poor pretend to be Christian?
I agree with this post 100%!!!
but....psssst....don't let your crowd know you have faith in a higher being. you'll be frowned upon even if they smile in your face. the only faith they adhere to is.......
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40211 Oct 3, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
\\
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see... Obama won't negotiate, then Senate won't vote on bills but it's House that's holding the Hostages?

Next you'll be telling us that Al Gore has negative carbon footprint.

LOL

Location hidden

#40212 Oct 3, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>\\<quoted text>
Let's see... Obama won't negotiate, then Senate won't vote on bills but it's House that's holding the Hostages?
LOL
Tell us why he should negotiate on a bill already passed into law. WTF, Stop trying to change healthcare & its done, all over. Then wait to see if your lot ever get re-elected to change it back to the good ole days. It sure won't be in your lifetime.

As for Al Gore, you still can grasp that concept of being green and a capitalist at the same time. It's so foreign to you, its like oil and water. Once again, if Al Gore can afford to BUY his negative footprint, which he DOES, then all power to him. I know it's hard to swallow, he just could be buying some of yours to do it, but that's life in the capitalist system.

Location hidden

#40213 Oct 3, 2013
can = can't in previous post

Wichita, KS

#40214 Oct 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with this post 100%!!!
but....psssst....don't let your crowd know you have faith in a higher being. you'll be frowned upon even if they smile in your face. the only faith they adhere to is.......
I think that you are assuming a lot here. Conservatives have no exclusive hold on matters of religion. After Jesus would be called a liberal today.......

Wichita, KS

#40215 Oct 3, 2013
Mothra wrote:
LOL
There you go again, moth-balls. The senate VOTED to table a ridiculous bill the House sent knowing full well that it could never be passed. Who said Al Gore has a negative carbon footprint. Or are you just making it up because you think it sounds good?

Send a clean bill to the senate so it can be acted upon. Quit holding the Nation hostage because of a few radical manipulators.

Wichita, KS

#40216 Oct 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>if you want to help employment in that case....i'll send my yard men to your house, deal?
how does cheap labor seduce anyone to work, btw??
Cheap labor does not seduce, companies seduce illegals by hireing them because they get cheap labor and can force them to work in conditions that are not healthy or safe. If companies didn't knowingly hire them they wouldn't be here. The illegals are here because they are wanted.

Wichita, KS

#40217 Oct 3, 2013
Mothra wrote:
LOL
Some consioderations......

The former vice-president maintained that comparing raw energy-usage figures is misleading and that he leads what he advocates, a "carbon-neutral lifestyle," by purchasing energy from renewable energy sources such as solar, wind and methane gas to balance out the carbon emissions produced in generating the electricity his home uses:
Kalee Kreider, a spokesperson for the Gores, pointed out that both Al and Tipper Gore work out of their home and she argued that "the bottom line is that every family has a different carbon footprint. And what Vice President Gore has asked is for families to calculate that footprint and take steps to reduce and offset it."

A carbon footprint is a calculation of the CO2 fossil fuel emissions each person is responsible for, either directly because of his or her transportation and energy consumption or indirectly because of the manufacture and eventual breakdown of products he or she uses.

The vice president has done that, Kreider argues, and the family tries to offset that carbon footprint by purchasing their power through the local Green Power Switch program electricity generated through renewable resources such as solar, wind, and methane gas, which create less waste and pollution. "In addition, they are in the midst of installing solar panels on their home, which will enable them to use less power," Kreider added. "They also use compact fluorescent bulbs and other energy efficiency measures and then they purchase offsets for their carbon emissions to bring their carbon footprint down to zero."
Also, by the end of 2007 the Gores completed renovations that made their home much more energy-efficient:
Al Gore, who was criticized for high electric bills at his Tennessee mansion, has completed a host of improvements to make the home more energy efficient, and a building-industry group has praised the house as one of the nation's most environmentally friendly.

The former vice president has installed solar panels, a rainwater-collection system and geothermal heating. He also replaced all incandescent lights with compact fluorescent or light-emitting diode bulbs.

"Short of tearing it down and staring anew, I don't know how it could have been rated any higher," said Kim Shinn of the U.S. Green Building Council, which gave the house its second-highest rating for sustainable design.

Gore's improvements cut the home's summer electrical consumption by 11 percent compared with a year ago, according to utility records reviewed by The Associated Press. Most Nashville homes used 20 percent to 30 percent more electricity during the same period because of a record heat wave.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/goreh...

SO while his footprint is not negative he has substantially reduced and is continuing to reduce his footprint. It has been substantially reduced, do you understand that? If we all would reduce our footprint by the same percentage it would be significant. He is practicing what he preaches.

Place your hate somewhere more significant.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#40218 Oct 3, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
After Jesus would be called a liberal today.......
and you say I'm assuming a lot?!?!?! LOL

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#40219 Oct 3, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheap labor does not seduce, companies seduce illegals by hireing them because they get cheap labor and can force them to work in conditions that are not healthy or safe. If companies didn't knowingly hire them they wouldn't be here. The illegals are here because they are wanted.
interesting concept. i thought foreigners moved here to find a better way of life. never realized how evil someone was because they offered another man a job.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#40220 Oct 3, 2013
those evil entrepreneurs and capitalists....they're almost as bad as those who take subsidies from the government for their "green" ideas at the taxpayers expense.

i think the people who hire illegals are sort of like the illegals who come here to work....and sort of like the people who try to start unproven fields of energy. they all have their self interest at heart?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40221 Oct 3, 2013
Green energy can be successful on individual levels. This is where households are independent sources of their own energy.[examiner.com]

Study its progress in Japan since the Fukushima disaster.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#40222 Oct 3, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory of the big lie.

Repeating the lie over and over convinces some people.

Their protest has nothing to do with science and everything to do with politics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dale 182,209
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Frank 1,156,438
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min Frijoles 71,292
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,872
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,925
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,798
Amy 12-28-14 2 hr PEllen 9
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance