Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 61068 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#40056 Sep 30, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>okay, Ozzie , lets take this one step at a time, alright?????
Just who are the anti American oil nations we buy from that aren't UN members???
I'll wait for your response and then we can move on from there.....okie doke???
What is that supposed to prove, my point was that those same UN nations with oil based economies would take a lot bigger hit than the US. So to state global warming is anti American is like ignoring half the planet whose economies rely on those same fossil fuel industries. Coming out of that and succeeding will be who is smarter to adapt or who will just sit on their but and whine about it.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#40057 Sep 30, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww....Oz still hearts China. Gotta love those Chinese... I mean who doesn't love a government who can shut down parts of the internet, put people in prison for political dissent, and then harass their families and put them under house arrest? But hey as long as they tell us they are cutting CO2 emissions, then China is so awesome!!!! Go China.
I thought Climate change was a GLOBAL problem, not just a US problem. So if i mention any other country other than the US in regards to what they might be doing about emissions this makes me suddenly a fan. If you want the USA to be the light on the hill for all those other countries lost in the wilderness then write to your local Republican and tell them to give America a functioning government! That would be the first step in setting an example.
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#40058 Oct 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
The greenies keep saying we are using more green energy that is cleaner and cheaper. Why are we paying more for it?
The vast majority is still coal, and that has gone up in price a LOT. Limited supply vs demand so prices rise LONG before any action on GHGs.

http://tinyurl.com/lbyzxys
http://tinyurl.com/ks6fhv3

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#40059 Oct 1, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
Does he work from his beach-side mansion too? Why did Al Gore buy a mansion on the beach if the sea levels are rising. Seems like a bad investment. Why does Al Gore need 2 homes? Why is Al Gore not crying and scared like that meteorologist who is going to have a vasectomy and will never fly again? Why is some meteorologist giving up having a family and travel and Al Gore isn't doing the same thing? According to the meteorologist, flying is not worth the climate. Ozritz posted a link a few weeks ago that said we all need to give up overseas trips to help the climate. Why can't Al Gore give up his overseas trips? He is included in ALL OF US isn't he? Or is he more special than us?
You Krusty-motheaten twins are certainly hung up on Al. It must be jealousy.
Mothra

United States

#40060 Oct 1, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Climate change was a GLOBAL problem, not just a US problem. So if i mention any other country other than the US in regards to what they might be doing about emissions this makes me suddenly a fan. If you want the USA to be the light on the hill for all those other countries lost in the wilderness then write to your local Republican and tell them to give America a functioning government! That would be the first step in setting an example.
The Democrat controlled Senate hasn't passed a budget in years -- shouldn't they get the blame for an non-functioning government?

btw, "the first step in setting an example"? You're kidding right? I've been noting how 'some' aren't setting an example in post after post and you ignore it or attempt to belittle the idea.
Mothra

United States

#40061 Oct 1, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the warmists.

It's fun... give it a try!
Mothra

United States

#40062 Oct 1, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Amended this post just for you:

Joe Sixpack hears the doom and gloom from people like Al Gore, then notice stuff.
... like his plane trips
... like his mansions
... like his SUV caravans to and from his speaking engagements (I wonder if he still leaves the engines running during the events)

Joe Sixpack says, "Hey... this guy talks about crisis, but doesn't act like it. Why should I?"

Warmists, in response, say, "Conspiracy!" "Denier!" "Anti-science!" "He buys carbon credits!" "Jealous!"

But not a bit of criticism nor any questions about it from any global warming watchdogs.

Joe Sixpack knows a hypocrite when he sees one.
kristy

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#40063 Oct 1, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what you said about China:

"Home grown American Taliban that seems more of an appropriate label than tea party. Which is a lot more destructive than anything the Chinese or anyone else is doing for that matter."

So obviously you think China sets a better example than the US in the form of governing. How dare republicans do the bidding of those elected by them and sent to congress to represent them. Wouldn't an Imperial Presidency just be so much better, you know like China. They know how to get things done and keep those citizens in line.

OzRitz hearts China.
kristy

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#40064 Oct 1, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, jealousy...what else could it be. But good to know that all the posts on Murdoch, Fox News, Beck and Limbaugh can be chalked up to jealousy. I mean what else could it be?
kristy

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#40065 Oct 1, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even wonder what Al Gore knows that he isn't telling everyone? Maybe he's acting out a TV persona, aka paid spokesperson.
Joe Sixpack hears the doom and gloom from people like Al Gore, then notice stuff.
... like his plane trips
... like his mansions
... like his SUV caravans to and from his speaking engagements (I wonder if he still leaves the engines running during the events)
Joe Sixpack says, "Hey... this guy talks about crisis, but doesn't act like it. Why should I?"
Warmists, in response, say, "Conspiracy!" "Denier!" "Anti-science!" "He buys carbon credits!"
But not a bit of criticism nor any questions about it from any global warming watchdogs.
Joe Sixpack knows a hypocrite when he sees one.
Well he is certainly no Noah. He really should be building that ark right instead of buying mansions on the coast. But you know, that's just my jealousy coming out.
litesong

Everett, WA

#40066 Oct 1, 2013
rustykrusty wrote:
How dare re-pubic-lick-uns do the bidding of those elected by them and sent to congress to represent them.
re-pubic-lick-uns don't dare. That's why they shut the country down.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#40067 Oct 1, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
What is that supposed to prove, my point was that those same UN nations with oil based economies would take a lot bigger hit than the US. So to state global warming is anti American is like ignoring half the planet whose economies rely on those same fossil fuel industries. Coming out of that and succeeding will be who is smarter to adapt or who will just sit on their but and whine about it.
lmao!!!
I can only suggest you do a little research on the LMG bloc of the UN, son.
Maybe..just maybe you will realize that those countries aren't unified for a healthy atmosphere. They're looking to be compensated and receive handsome concessions for any "aye" votes that impact their coffers in a negative way.
Please tell me you're not so naive about the corrupt UN!!!! I get it that some of you feel you're doing "the right thing" in regards to the environment. It appeals to your emotions. But look a little closer at the leaders you support that head up your "cause"!! You might begin to at least wonder that you're being duped. And nothing they do in a million years will impact the climate
Mothra

United States

#40068 Oct 1, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Loon... with or without meds.
Mothra

United States

#40069 Oct 1, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he is certainly no Noah. He really should be building that ark right instead of buying mansions on the coast. But you know, that's just my jealousy coming out.
The warmists don't see Gore and Obama as undermining the 'science' they claim to believe and support.

Begging the questions...

If it's really a crisis, why don't they act like it is one?

Do as I say, not as I do?

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain?

All CO2 is equal but some CO2 is more equal?

Standards are to what we hold other people accountable?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40070 Oct 1, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Loon... with or without meds.
Thanks for telling us what ails you.

<....>
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40071 Oct 1, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
All CO2 is equal but some CO2 is more equal?
Standards are to what we hold other people accountable?
Extra and ever-increasing man-made CO2!

Now daily 90 million tons of it, energy equivalent to 400,000 hiroshimas .. DAILY!

What stadards are there for a loony denier like you? Who's "we," loony?

Oh you are against healthcare, loony.
Mothra

United States

#40072 Oct 1, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for telling us what ails you.
<....>
You really need some new material, but that would require some research, which would increase your own carbon footprint.

But we know you have no problem at all being a global warming hypocrite.

So just run along and be irrelevant elsewhere.
Mothra

United States

#40073 Oct 1, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Extra and ever-increasing man-made CO2!
Now daily 90 million tons of it, energy equivalent to 400,000 hiroshimas .. DAILY!
What stadards are there for a loony denier like you? Who's "we," loony?
Well you would be the 'loony' one ranting about CO2 emissions and then still posting without regard to the carbon footprint you're making yourself.

Are their no mirrors in your world?

Ahhh... but you take your cues from Al Gore and President Obama:

Do as I say, not as I do.

Run another... you've been shown wanting again (and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again...)

Location hidden

#40074 Oct 1, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Amended this post just for you:
... like his plane trips
... like his mansions
Only when Limpballs or Hatenny tells him. Like you, most of 'em can't think for themselves.

Only when

Location hidden

#40075 Oct 1, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, jealousy...what else could it be. But good to know that all the posts on Murdoch, Fox News, Beck and Limbaugh can be chalked up to jealousy. I mean what else could it be?
Intelligence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min SOS 1,419,759
News Dwyane Wade's cousin shot dead while pushing he... 24 min grounded in reali... 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 47 min Ize Found 70,959
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr District 1 222,681
last post wins! (Dec '10) 12 hr honeymylove 2,427
last post wins! (Apr '13) 16 hr They cannot kill ... 1,475
Social Security 16 hr Master L-Bates 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages