Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,876)

Showing posts 37,501 - 37,520 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Cut n paste

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

This thread is an ongoing 5 year lie according to today's IPCC AR5 Report!
"Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt..."

AR5:
"...rate of warming over the past 15 years, which begins with a strong El Niño, is smaller than the rate calculated since 1951."
Jimmy B

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Any of you "Globaloney" I D I O T S ever try the TRUTH? Naw....that's what I thought. So many born brain dead....:(
Cut n paste

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

An original thought is an elusive reality.
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed/disagreed.
Did you/did you not cut'n paste? YES/NO.
Polly want a cracker? "white wash" "per se" :-)
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Cut n paste wrote:
An original thought is an elusive reality.
<quoted text> Polly want a cracker? "white wash" "per se" :-)
2u/4u

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>If you read the book by a Nobel-winning scientist, you would see that deniers like you repeat the same attacks while the science marches on.
LOL!!!!!!

Comfirmed liar!!

LOL!!!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

somebody got into the meth tonight. spaced blues, that shyt is bad for your inner global growth, ya know?

I'll accept your rants as a concession that YOU TRY TO CONTINUE AND LIE YOUR WAY OUT.

quick sand is unforgiving when you fight it....and so is rdtm. wipe your lip!

lol

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy B wrote:
Any of you "Globaloney" I D I O T S ever try the TRUTH? Naw....that's what I thought. So many born brain dead....:(
" Oh, and the scientists are 95 per cent convinced that human beings are responsible for climate change because of fossil fuel burning. "

Would you buy a lotto ticket if that was your predicted chance of winning or would you say I'm not 100% convinced!

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/09/27/...

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>If you read the book by a Nobel-winning scientist,
no.....sure......you didn't make the claim. you just posted it last week and forgot what you posted, right, poodle?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
" Oh, and the scientists are 95 per cent convinced that human beings are responsible for climate change because of fossil fuel burning. "
Would you buy a lotto ticket if that was your predicted chance of winning or would you say I'm not 100% convinced!
would you be gullible enough to buy a lotto ticket if someone told you the odds were that good?

LOL

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

co2 escalating.....temps not so much.

what gives?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!!!!!!
Comfirmed liar!!
LOL!!!
LOL.. You have already conceded, LIAR.

Too late, grief.

BWAHAHAHA
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>no.....sure......you didn't make the claim. you just posted it last week and forgot what you posted, right, poodle?
No, LIAR. You changed it so I kept correcting you with evidence.

Your concession is over and done with!
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who believe the scientists in CAGW also believe that scientists forecast a >95% chance that the sun WILL rise in the East tomorrow morning. Well folks, someone should break the news to you; like CAGW... it Ain't gonna happen.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's absurd if they were real liberals ..
You obviously don't understand liberals. Just as most liberals don't understand conservatives. As a 'centrist' I condemn you both.
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's absurd if they were real liberals they would "pay a fair wage"
How stupid of them. I gather that, as a 'true conservative' you promote slavery?
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
and give away most of their money
Lots of conservatives give away a lot of their money. Rupert Murdoch spends a lot to control and direct the media with nothing to show for it (except Faux News). The Koch Brothers spend a lot to try to influence the political response to AGW. He is unlikely to recoup any of that becuase the response is inevitable.
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
because "they didn't build it".
Well, that quote is accurate but no 'because'. We ALL benefit from the infrastructure that is built 'in common' and even when you inherit a lot of money, you are not 'building it' yourself when you organize a group of employees to do the work.

But your kind of tea party conservative uses demagoguery over reason, so I doubt if you will understand the role of 'cooperation' as well as 'competition'.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

"In Washington, President Obama’s science adviser, John P. Holdren, cited increased scientific confidence “that the kinds of harm already being experienced from climate change will continue to worsen unless and until comprehensive and vigorous action to reduce emissions is undertaken worldwide.”

I thought the president's oath of office was to protect America's security above all else. Do you think he should ignore this one and take his advice from Sarah Palin instead

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/28/science/glo...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who believe the scientists in CAGW also believe that scientists forecast a >95% chance that the sun WILL rise in the East tomorrow morning. Well folks, someone should break the news to you; like CAGW... it Ain't gonna happen.
Well well, your ignorance is bleeding. Watch this for some easy learning:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>If you read the book by a Nobel-winning scientist, you would see that deniers like you repeat the same attacks while the science marches on.
How's your head? Are you medicated enough to drop off your chair again?
someone is a confirmed liar, hmmm, spacey?
LOL
keep puttin' your foot in your big mouth son.
you know you lied....and it's been proven over and over, son.

psssst. Mann is not Nobel winning scientist like you claim in this post. so, please, stop whining!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
"In Washington, President Obama’s science adviser, John P. Holdren, cited increased scientific confidence “that the kinds of harm already being experienced from climate change will continue to worsen unless and until comprehensive and vigorous action to reduce emissions is undertaken worldwide.”
I thought the president's oath of office was to protect America's security above all else. Do you think he should ignore this one and take his advice from Sarah Palin instead
what harm already being experienced? what scientist is on the record for saying that? what harmful event has been connected to good old co2?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
I personally don't care much for Palin, but she seems smarter than Gore. She probably has a much smaller personal carbon foot print, too, than that fat swine eating clod.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
Did Holdren then turn to Obama and say, "Mr. President, you could do your part by keeping your family vacations to one plane.

And your little dog too."

No?

Didn't think so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 37,501 - 37,520 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israel And Palestine, An Animated Introduction 11 min Video sort of 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 174,372
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 2 hr NITiN 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr John Galt 1,077,537
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr voice of peace 67,813
Drop a letter lose 10 words ! 5 hr Youfumbled 5
Good Ol' Harry............A True GEM. 5 hr HSTGoes Down InHistory 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search