Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
37,461 - 37,480 of 46,248 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>There is no GLOBAL cooling under the man-made CO2 malady, grief.
A general statement for you.. is that "new" climate thingies will happen without warning because of the ever increasing man-made emissions..
the ever increasing man made emissions are the drivers of a warmer planet, right? Then what happened to the heat??
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Natural Variability
Variations in the mean state and other statistics (such as standard deviations or statistics of extremes) of the climate on all time and space scales beyond that of individual weather events. Natural variations in climate over time are caused by internal processes of the climate system, such as El Niño, as well as changes in external influences, such as volcanic activity and variations in the output of the sun.[8][13]

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/glossary.htm...

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
No you wouldn't, because the AGW scientists would then claim they predicted a recovery, but that it's only temporary.
No, promise ya, I would.
LoLbama

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
More out of the denier playbook that does nothing to diminish the science of global warming. The so called stanstill is nothing more than a weather event due to ocean interactions. If the temperature cooled back down to near the average temperatures of the mid 1900's, there might be a point. However, even with the slightly cooler sun we see no cooling event. The oceans are warming, ice is melthing, sea level is rising.... The past decade is the warmest ever recorded.....There is a 95% confidence that the globe is warming and that human activities are a significant factor.
Ok, see if I have this right. The sun is too weak to affect weather/climate change as well as other major factors such as PDO, ENSO, etc. But the tiny, tiny fraction (386 parts per million)of our atmosphere we call CO2 is in control of "runaway Global Warming"?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Read all my previous posts for answers to your lies.
Move on. LIAR.
once is enough!! You claimed Mann was a Nobel prize winning scientist. He's not. Nobel committee said so. Mann had to back off his lie. Why do you keep calling the Nobel committee and Mann liars, liar?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is not exactly true that Mann recieved the Nobel Prize. However, Michael Mann contributed to the reports of the IPCC, which was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. His work did contribute to the Prize. That is a highly significant recognition of his work as well as others who contributed. So indirectly, his work was recognized by the Nobel Prize.
his contribution was recognized by the IPCC. The Nobel only recognized al gore individually. Spaced blues claimed he was a Nobel winner. He lied and can't admit it!!!
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
IPCC contributors share in Nobel Peace Prize
http://www.ucar.edu/communications/staffnotes...
That prize money and a penny found on a hot sidewalk may buy them a "Carbon Offset"
No normal person really believes these people working for the IPCC actually received a Nobel medal and money. It is a lot like claiming CO2 is pollution that is causing life on Earth harm. Both claims are B as in B S as in S.

May your faith bring you peace,
-BS
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>once is enough!! You claimed Mann was a Nobel prize winning scientist. He's not. Nobel committee said so. Mann had to back off his lie. Why do you keep calling the Nobel committee and Mann liars, liar?
.. LIAR..

LIAR... I never called him a Laureate, got it? No, it's beyond you.

I never wrore "a Nobel prize winning scientist." LIAR.

My words have been always correct, unlike your lies!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the same "Joe Sixpack" that Fox feeds the propaganda that it is ok because the basis of capitalism is that those with the means have the right to buy whatever they can pay for. All the while neglecting to tell Joe that they have actually lost buying power over the past two or so decades while the affluent have doubled their wealth. That the top ONE percent take in about 42% of the income and the top 10% hold about 90% of the wealth as they continue taking a larger and larger share of the wealth since just before the great depression.
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/10/03/3...
So yes, the wealthy take more than their share. And yes our leaders should set an example for the rest of us. However that is not the way America works. There is no sense of having power and wealth unless you can abuse it. Let us break that consensus and cause capitalism to benefit everyone, not just the wealthy investors. Fox will tell poor old dumb Joe that capitalism is good for him, that giving more to the affluent will benefit him. Well, it is about time for old Joe to look at the numnbers!
Like I said before, warmists cannot criticize their leaders.

What does your rant have to do with that?

Nothing.

But you get some lick in on Fox News and a chance to spew.

Thanks for playing.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>
That prize money and a penny found on a hot sidewalk may buy them a "Carbon Offset"
No normal person really believes these people working for the IPCC actually received a Nobel medal and money. It is a lot like claiming CO2 is pollution that is causing life on Earth harm. Both claims are B as in B S as in S.
May your faith bring you peace,
-BS
Why do you people spend so much time on gossip and lies? Because the truth is not interesting to a denier.

Days ago I wanted a denier to learn about a Mann book and posted a link and a qualifying clause 'a nobel-winning scientist.' That denier is still calling me names despite my correct posts.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>.. LIAR..
LIAR... I never called him a Laureate, got it? No, it's beyond you.
I never wrote "a Nobel prize winning scientist." LIAR.
My words have been always correct, unlike your lies!
[corrected for 'wrote']
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
No you wouldn't, because the AGW scientists would then claim they predicted a recovery, but that it's only temporary.
Yes, the "I Knew That But I Am Still Right" syndrome.:-)

The simplicity of "Climate Science" 'claims' are only eclipsed by the enormous complexity of the Earth's Climate System.

The most complex system science has ever attempted to understand. And a single control knob we call CO2 can fine tune Earth''s... I mean Man's Climate to what ever the consensus happens to desire. It boggles the mind as to why more people do not question this orthodoxy.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>his contribution was recognized by the IPCC. The Nobel only recognized al[sic] gore[sic] individually. Spaced blues[sic] claimed he was a Nobel winner. He lied and can't admit it!!!
This is the first time you admitted Dr Mann's contribution to the IPCC.

Read my posts. I never called Mann a Nobel winner. Instead of blah blah yada yada I said 'a Nobel-winning scientist' and 'my terminology.'

I never said a Laureate either. What you don't understand [or you do and drives you nuts] is that the recognition given to Professor Mann [and other IPCC contributors] is a great honor.

Also I did not claim Mr Al Gore a Nobel winner, LIAR.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>the ever increasing man made emissions are the drivers of a warmer planet, right? Then what happened to the heat??
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you read it, son, and then you can use that as an excuse!!! LOL
5th assessment is already obsolete!!! Are you kidding!!!???
I don't think so.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

LoLbama wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn that Fox News!!! No other news organization leans to one set political beliefs and has content that speaks out against opposing beliefs but Fox!
Major Media Outlets/Programs that have leaned one way or another and expressed their ideas in on fashion or another:
Conservative:
Fox News
Liberal:
MSNBC
NBC
ABC
CNN
CBS
PBS
NPR
BET
MTV
NYT
TIME magazine
Comedy Central
Majority of Hollywood
DOWN WITH FOX NEWS!!!
Well if that is the case, then who are Fox representing ?? the majority of Americans or a small bunch of ignorant morons who like to label themselves as patriots but to everyone else the "tea bagger" tag seems more appropriate.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if that is the case, then who are Fox representing ?? the majority of Americans or a small bunch of ignorant morons who like to label themselves as patriots but to everyone else the "tea bagger" tag seems more appropriate.
Go back to Oz. Your fixation on Fox is tiresome.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
What stands out most in this shift, however, is not environmental regulation or public concern about global warming but the price of energy and market-driven technological advancements.“It wasn’t so much a policy shift that brought carbon emissions down,” said James Hamilton, an energy economist at the University of California, San Diego.“It was irresistible market forces.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/20/business/us...
But you will ignore this just like you did the last time I posted it because:
OzRitz &#9825; China.
If that is the case, then don't knock Al Gore for him making a buck out of it as well. BTW that's the whole idea of carbon pricing to use market forces to drive the cost of fossil fuels up and make alternative energies more viable. The next Bill Gates just might happen to be a green tech nerd. So don't knock the capitalist system you defend because others use it to push their own barrow.

In the worlds top 10 rich list there is at least 7 of them with liberal leanings. The top 2 are as liberal as you can get, Apple who was headed by Steve Jobs when he was alive became the worlds biggest company. Jobs & Gates true liberals yet ruthless in the business world. So how does this equate to the idea amongst you conservatives that no liberal would know how to run a business. Obama gets accused of it daily, but the facts suggest otherwise.
The are more liberals in the top 100 worlds rich list that make die hard conservatives who aspire to know all about business a very poor minority. Most of the conservatives on that list make their money from digging holes in the ground, so go figure who is going to take a strong stance on killing the message of global warming? It sure as hell won't be Bill Gates and his clan, so before labelling Gore etc a hypocrite take a good look in the mirror.
Cut n paste

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think...so
He speaks for/to himself.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to Oz. Your fixation on Fox is tiresome.
It is not the only media that distorts reality in an obviously partisan way but it is such an extreme example, it tends to be the subject of ridicule.

What you then call 'liberal' is just all the other media that is not quite so wackadoo.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••