Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,869)

Showing posts 37,361 - 37,380 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
In this thread and others, Al Gore gets a pass: he's not a scientist they say, he's just a promoter they say, or he's a politician they say.
And when questioned as to what Gore says, promotes and demands on the part of global warming compared how he himself lives in his mansions, his jets & travel and his SUV caravans to and from his 'events', he gets another pass.
Stuff like that makes thinking people say, hmmmm....
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Your arguments have more holes than moth-eaten flannel underwear.....
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

chicken little wrote:
If we could only get Obama to STFU, that would reduce CO2 by about 10 trillion cubic liters per year. Not to mention ending his non-stop lies & BS!
Read the other 99:

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/05/07/1...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Well well, you don't even own your posting.
Too late, denier!
LOL at you..
You must have just got out of the sixth grade.

What's next? No 'tag backs'?

Do your part, sit in the dark.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have just got out of the sixth grade.
What's next? No 'tag backs'?
No, denier, you live in the darkness of your ignorance.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/05/07/1...

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Al comes from a political family that understands and serves the American people.
lol...does that include his dad, son? You do know his dad was VP at Occidental Petroleum and also served as Chairman of Island Creek Coal Co., don't you? His dad did serve the people in my opinion. Big Al just served himself. Tipper left because he couldn't serve her! Lol
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>

Global warming hypocrite.
Jeff

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Al comes from a political family that understands and serves the American people.
You just lost any and all credibility with that statement.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
SpaceBlues didn't have any credibility to lose.

He's been running a deficit for years.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
SpaceBlues didn't have any credibility to lose.
He's been running a deficit for years.
LIAR.

You are your own witness only to yourself. Shut up.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Reply to the other denier(s).

Troll ignored.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you live in the dark of your ignorance.

You are a traitor to humanity.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.. three little snippy posts in a row. Looks like someone's in a snit.

Wazza matter? Mommy won't let you watch Spongebob because the electricity production causes global warming?

Po' baby.

LOL

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Yegads! You think I'm talking about a media campaign for all your 'scientists' to "sell" global warming? How about just a march, a letter to the editor, anything to show they are taking it as seriously as you are. What changes in their lives have they made to thwart global warming, and demonstrate it is indeed a "crisis".
As for Al Gore, if he believes in it, he doesn't abide by it.
Lousy spokesman you have there.
But that's something warmists don't talk about.
Look on one hand you guys have labelled Global warming a liberal idea or a commie plot. Yet we live in a capitalist society, so if you have the money you can buy your green credits. To use your phrase "so what" if Al buys his credits, he can afford to do so, that's life under a capitalist system. Being green doesn't mean we all have to live in a cave, yet some of these tea baggers seem to think its a plot for UN world government. For each one of us, it would be next to impossible to live being carbon neutral, so we should pay for the privilege. If everyone did that then we wouldn't have a problem. That's the whole idea of reducing carbon emissions, there will be rich polluters and poor polluters. The rich can afford to have the electric or enviro car as their every day ride and keep the sports car in the garage for weekends. The less well off will only have one car to deal with. So how is that any different to living as we do now, not a damn thing. Carbon pricing doesn't change anything about who will be successful and who will struggle to survive. Its about adjusting lifestyle so that if each one of us reduce their carbon footprint to try and avoid a global catastrophe. It's all about making the average Joe who may have saved same spare cash and would like to buy a new ski boat but installs solar panels on his roof instead because it represents far better value to his family.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

chicken little wrote:
If we could only get Obama to STFU, that would reduce CO2 by about 10 trillion cubic liters per year. Not to mention ending his non-stop lies & BS!
The 5 stages of global warming denial...

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/climat...
Coal is King

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

From Pikeville, KY:

“You haven't shown me any science. You haven't proved anything. I remember in 1980 when these environmentalist went from global cooling to global warming. At that time I believed that climate change was happening. As we went through the eighties none of what they said was happening. They will switch back to global cooling you just watch and see. The environmental leaders don't practice what they preach if they did they wouldn't use electricity from coal powered plants or drive automobiles and fly in airplanes. They're frauds. It's like the farmer who appears on KET who has written books about the environment. Oh! He hates using tractors to farm, Oh! he hates using chainsaws to cut trees, oh! how he hates using those big 4 wheel drive pickups, oh how he hates to fly in airplanes to go across the country to give a speech on the environment and of course sell books. But he says he has to do this to warn others about climate change. It's all about money. And they don't care what happens to people like you. There's a video on youtube called Extreme Tree Huggers where people have a funeral for a dead tree. There are people who have tree funerals around the country yet they live in houses framed by lumber and drive automobiles. Do you want to be like that? You need to examine more of what you believe to be true science or people who claim to be scientist.”

From Pikeville, KY:

“Money talks believe it or not. The old saying that money is the root of all evil is true today as it ever was. If you were offered money, enough money to change what you say you would probably take the money. The same way with many scientist say like through endowments, contributions and so forth. Money can change people's mind when they think about what they can buy. It's sort of like the way of a story I heard from an electrical inspector who would go in to inspect buildings and find money rolled up here and there. Look whether you agree with Al Gore or not he is considered the high priest of global warming by many. But look at the way he lives. He owns mansions that burns who knows how much electricity he burns, he has his own huge airplane, he has a fleet of Chevy Suburbans, etc. Look at the lifestyle of the majority of these so called environmentalist. It's about money. Not only Al Gore but others too. As for the Earth being flat you have to look where it came from. It was from ancient pagan beliefs. I you research say for example Christmas which everyone or most everyone gets excited about it comes from the pagan celebration called Saturnalia and it has nothing to do with the birth of Christ. This is the same way with global warming and it's leading people into the worship of nature just like the extreme tree huggers which is what many pagan did thousands of years ago. I have probably seen more graphs in 40 plus years when I first took interest in global cooling then you may ever see and all we have to go on is someone who supposedly is a scientist and disagreement from someone else is supposedly a scientist. I have seen too many predictions and it's always the opposite of what was predicted and they will rarely if ever admit to a mistake. I remember the winters of the early sixties and the winters of 1976 through 1980. I remember many of the real mild winters. I remember the dry summers and many of the ones when we had a lot of rain. The Earth simply goes through cycles and I don't see anything that man does that changes anything.”
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
In this thread and others, Al Gore gets a pass: he's not a scientist they say, he's just a promoter they say, or he's a politician they say.
And when questioned as to what Gore says, promotes and demands on the part of global warming compared how he himself lives in his mansions, his jets & travel and his SUV caravans to and from his 'events', he gets another pass.
Stuff like that makes thinking people say, hmmmm....
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
It is imperative we live each day as if our very planet's survival depends on it.
Every decision we make either moves us closer to or farther from climate catastrophe.
We must look to those who have dedicated their lives to saving our planet.

My personal commitment to this goal is to emulate our heroes in the battle against Anthropogenic Carbon Dioxide Driven Catastrophic Global Climate Disruption (ACDDCGCD)
First:
The Nobel prize laureate, Al Gore.
I have traded in my 9' Sunfish sailboat for an exact reproduction of the Vice President's new 100 foot twin inboard diesel powered house yacht, called "Bio Solar One".
In tribute to Mr. Gore, I have christened my new vessel the "BS Too".

Visit this thread to follow the continuing effort to pattern my life after all our heroes who are dedicated to saving Planet Earth from ACDDCGCD.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>
It is imperative we live each day as if our very planet's survival depends on it.
Every decision we make either moves us closer to or farther from climate catastrophe.
We must look to those who have dedicated their lives to saving our planet.
My personal commitment to this goal is to emulate our heroes in the battle against Anthropogenic Carbon Dioxide Driven Catastrophic Global Climate Disruption (ACDDCGCD)
First:
The Nobel prize laureate, Al Gore.
I have traded in my 9' Sunfish sailboat for an exact reproduction of the Vice President's new 100 foot twin inboard diesel powered house yacht, called "Bio Solar One".
In tribute to Mr. Gore, I have christened my new vessel the "BS Too".
Visit this thread to follow the continuing effort to pattern my life after all our heroes who are dedicated to saving Planet Earth from ACDDCGCD.
It is obvious that some of you folks have no scientific dispute with the science of global warming. That is why you must pick on Al Gore to attempt to support your baseless bias.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious that some of you folks have no scientific dispute with the science of global warming. That is why you must pick on Al Gore to attempt to support your baseless bias.
It is called capital jealousy.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a variation on ad-hominem logic. The facts are impossible to deny so they try insulting the people that urge action. Demagoguery is common these days as nobody seems to sweat the meaning or basis of statements, looking around only for a clever way to throw mud on the issue.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>So does chicken shít.
In your case, bullshít.
In your case, we can always count on you having an incredible grasp of the obvious.

And (sic) enough to point out any minor typo.

The chicken shit here is composted; good for the corn and soybeans. The cows distribute fertilizer randomly but equitably over the pastures, much as you also do.

Any more astounding science to add to the conversation?

I thought not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 37,361 - 37,380 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

109 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,078,521
No, Global Warming Did Not Create Chicago's Agi... 6 min Guest 1
Abby 7-23 6 min Community Disorganizer 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Beavis 174,477
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Chicago, IL (Dec '11) 44 min Brian Shepard 116
Debate: Marijuana - Chicago, IL (Aug '10) 56 min Brian Shepard 297
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 57 min TRD 67,877
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 10:02AM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs