Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,862)

Showing posts 37,221 - 37,240 of43,159
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are still yelling because you are WRONG.
Read your own link:
Michael Mann even twitted, "IPCC certificate acknowledging me "contributing to award of the Nobel Peace Prize". Do they want my birth certif too?" It would appear the answer is yes.
Why are you a neme caller? Because you are a liar. And you are late with 2012's gossip.
Also from your link an update:
Update from Climate Depot: The IPCC issued the certificates with the text on them to IPCC participants, including Mann. Mann did not add the text himself. Here is a photo of a UN IPCC issued certificate (LINK)
"temember"[your spelling] you are no judge or jury in this matter. Wait for "there"[your spelling] decision.
A certificate acknowledging a contribution does not a Nobel award make.

It's pretty obvious you made a mistake.

No one will hold that against you.

But....to continue to lie that you were wrong is abysmal.

Show some self respect and honesty.....for your own sake.

You were wrong......get over it. No big deal.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

"that you were right"

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
A snobbish English teacher was sitting in an Atlanta airport coffee shop waiting for her flight back to Connecticut, when a friendly Southern belle sat down next to her.
‘Where y’all goin’ to?’ asked the Southern belle.
Turning her nose in the air, the snob replied ‘I don’t answer people who end their sentences with prepositions’.
The Southern belle thought a moment, and tried again.‘Where y’all goin’ to, bitch?’
the english teacher probably thought she understood more about climate change, too.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
The superstition man made CO2 from fossil fuel use is causing catastrophic climate change isn't based on science.
What would you know?

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>

Scientists will this week issue their starkest warning yet about the mounting dangers of global warming. In a report to be handed to political leaders in Stockholm on Monday, they will say that the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation have now led to a warming of the entire globe, including land surfaces, oceans and the atmosphere.

Extreme weather events, including heatwaves and storms, have increased in many regions while ice sheets are dwindling at an alarming rate. In addition, sea levels are rising while the oceans are being acidified – a development that could see the planet's coral reefs disappearing before the end of the century.

Writing in the Observer ahead of the report's release, the economist and climate change expert Lord Stern calls on governments to end their dithering about fossil fuels and start working to create a global low-carbon economy to curtail global warming. Governments, he states, must decide what "kind of world we want to present to our children and grandchildren".

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< >

A preview from the Guardian.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>A certificate acknowledging a contribution does not a Nobel award make.
Not only you made a big deal of a no-mistake but your denier friend jumped into it late.

It was my terminology for Mann's early work. I explained its basis to you asap. OTOH I really appreciate how Mann progressed to become a book [two of them] author and how much he suffered many personal attacks by nonscience folks.

Btw you changed my words while you attacked. The start of all this was to get you read a book by Mann.. A Nobel-winning scientist!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're clueless about grammar as well as global warming?
http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2011/11/gr...
Aw gee... lookey here...

the Global Warming Hypocrite has a friend.

Good for you. I'm sure he was feeling so alone and lost.

Now, not so much on that, but still a hypocrite.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>A certificate acknowledging a contribution does not a Nobel award make.
Wanna really drive that global warming hypocrite nuts?

That alleged Nobel prize was for 'peace' not 'science'.

Fact is funnier than fiction.
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
A silly non-sequitur. Crops re grown where there is a population to feed,...
Once again, the opposite of 'fact'.

In the first half of the 20th century the Midwest (USA) was known as the "Grain Belt" also, the "Bread Basket Of The World". That, of course, will mean nothing to one who suffers from 'Cognitive Denial' but for the rest of us it means that crops are grown and then shipped all over the planet. Such will continue as long as the fossil fuels are available to power the distribution system.

Post Script:
IF ever you write something (excluding 'cut n' paste) that is factually correct I will post an acknowledgement due to it's RARE Nature.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you know?
<><><>< ><><><> <><><>
Scientists will this week issue their starkest warning yet about the mounting dangers of global warming. In a report to be handed to political leaders in Stockholm on Monday, they will say that the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation have now led to a warming of the entire globe, including land surfaces, oceans and the atmosphere.
Extreme weather events, including heatwaves and storms, have increased in many regions while ice sheets are dwindling at an alarming rate. In addition, sea levels are rising while the oceans are being acidified – a development that could see the planet's coral reefs disappearing before the end of the century.
Writing in the Observer ahead of the report's release, the economist and climate change expert Lord Stern calls on governments to end their dithering about fossil fuels and start working to create a global low-carbon economy to curtail global warming. Governments, he states, must decide what "kind of world we want to present to our children and grandchildren".
<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< >
A preview from the Guardian.
Now if all the 'scientists', leaders, politicians, followers and devotees of global warming actually 'acted' like it was a crisis, instead of just insisting others do so, you just might be saying something.

Until then... it's just another doom and gloom prediction.

btw, where did the all funding come for this report? How much travel? How many pages of paper were deforested? What was the size of the carbon footprint created to draft this report?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Not only you made a big deal of a no-mistake but your denier friend jumped into it late.
It was my terminology for Mann's early work. I explained its basis to you asap. OTOH I really appreciate how Mann progressed to become a book [two of them] author and how much he suffered many personal attacks by nonscience folks.
Btw you changed my words while you attacked. The start of all this was to get you read a book by Mann.. A Nobel-winning scientist!
He didn't win a Nobel. What part of that don't you understand?

It's a public forum.....anyone can call anyone out when they made a mistake.

I'm not making a big deal of your erroneous claim, but you can't deny that you're wrong.

I never changed your words, son. You claimed Mann was a Nobel winning scientist. He is not. And, you are wrong.

Open and shut....it really is that simple.

Stop embarrassing yourself. Admit you made a mistake....no big deal. If you don't.....you're a proven liar. If you do...I won't bring it up.

Save what's left of your credibility and intellectual honesty.

You could do yourself a favor!!!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't win a Nobel. What part of that don't you understand?
It's a public forum.....anyone can call anyone out when they made a mistake.
I'm not making a big deal of your erroneous claim, but you can't deny that you're wrong.
I never changed your words, son. You claimed Mann was a Nobel winning scientist. He is not. And, you are wrong.
Open and shut....it really is that simple.
Stop embarrassing yourself. Admit you made a mistake....no big deal. If you don't.....you're a proven liar. If you do...I won't bring it up.
Save what's left of your credibility and intellectual honesty.
You could do yourself a favor!!!
No, Mann is a Nobel-winning scientist.

Go read the previous exchanges. You LOSE! I am right!

Michael Mann even twitted, "IPCC certificate acknowledging me "contributing to award of the Nobel Peace Prize". Do they want my birth certif too?" It would appear the answer is yes.

Update from Climate Depot: The IPCC issued the certificates with the text on them to IPCC participants, including Mann. Mann did not add the text himself. Here is a photo of a UN IPCC issued certificate (LINK)

Move on, LOL.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw gee... lookey here...
the Global Warming Hypocrite has a friend.
Good for you. I'm sure he was feeling so alone and lost.
Now, not so much on that, but still a hypocrite.
Don't you have any other lying to attend to, bitch?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna really drive that global warming hypocrite nuts?
That alleged Nobel prize was for 'peace' not 'science'.
Fact is funnier than fiction.
Yeah.. like you posting about science when you are sans science!

Move on, name caller. LOL.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>No, Mann is a Nobel-winning scientist.
Go read the previous exchanges. You LOSE! I am right!
Move on, LOL.
Global Warming Hypocrite,

Mann's bio of "contributing to award of the Nobel Peace Prize", was made AFTER it first claimed, "He shared the Nobel Peace Prize
with other IPCC authors in 2007."

http://johnosullivan.wordpress.com/2012/10/28...

Follow the link, see actual screen caps.

You lose... over and over and over and over again.

LOL
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you have any other lying to attend to, bitch?
Ahh... nothing like name calling to get the 'global warming hypocrite' to give you some positive icons, huh?

Feel better? I know he does.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.. like you posting about science when you are sans science!
Move on, name caller. LOL.
Global Warming Hypocrite,

How much have you increased your CO2 footprint today alone just trying save face?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Troll ignored. Nuff said.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
LOL

As if.

You'll be back trolling any minute now, global warming hypocrite.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

B as in B S as in S wrote:
In the first half of the 20th century the Midwest (USA) was known as the "Grain Belt" also, the "Bread Basket Of The World".
The Oglala Aquifer was wasted for ego, known unsustainable water draw, potential big profits(which didn't occur because of over-production & low crop prices), & expanded farm production, that is very much in danger of contraction due to the aquifer overuse & drying.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
You can't change the minds of the mindless Limbaugh and Hannity lovers. I'll bet they still thing President Obama is an illegal alien and want to shut down the government because they want to kill Obama Care because they are sore losers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 37,221 - 37,240 of43,159
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

61 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Incognito4Ever 1,036,659
Abby 4-23 20 min PEllen 29
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min Wicklow 96,268
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,716
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 28 min _Zoey_ 4,040
Amy 4-23 47 min cheluzal 40
8 shot across Chicago in less than seven hours 1 hr hands on AR 4
ask amy 4-22 7 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••