Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 49,174
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#39570 Sep 22, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
What you asserted, "If you read the book by a Nobel-winning scientist..."
Read on:
"I contacted the The Norwegian Nobel Institute to find out if Mann was indeed a Nobel Laureate, winner, etc... My questions were:
1. Was Prof Michael Mann 'awarded' a Nobel Prize of any sort at any time? Is he a Nobel Laureate as implied elsewhere in his legal brief?
2. Did he receive a certificate "for contributing to" the IPCC Nobel Peace Prize? Is the photo of the certificate authentic?[see photo]
3. Is there a difference between stating you "were awarded" the Nobel Peace Prize as indicated by Mann in his legal brief and "contributing to" as shown in the attached photo of the certificate?
Geir Lundestad, Director, Professor, of The Norwegian Nobel Institute emailed me back with the following:
1) Michael Mann has never been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
2) He did not receive any personal certificate. He has taken the diploma awarded in 2007 to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (and to Al Gore) and made his own text underneath this authentic-looking diploma.
3) The text underneath the diploma is entirely his own. We issued only the diploma to the IPCC as such. No individuals on the IPCC side received anything in 2007.
Lundestad goes on to say that, "Unfortunately we often experience that members of organizations that have indeed been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize issue various forms of personal diplomas to indicate that they personally have received the Nobel Peace Prize. They have not."
http://www.examiner.com/article/professor-man...
You were wrong. Show some intellectual honesty, and admit it.
You have none, intellectual honesty, that is.

Let the courts decide. Btw:

According to the new report, humanity has emitted about half a trillion tonnes of carbon by burning fossil fuels over the past 250 years, a process that has caused atmospheric carbon dioxide levels to rise by 40%. The world is now on target to release another half trillion tonnes in the next few decades which could trigger a major jump in global temperatures.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#39571 Sep 22, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you confirm my asserting that you have a comprehension problem.
The issue was that of measuring 3mm sea level rises with devices of 2cm accuracy.
Do show some intellectual honesty, and admit your error in argument.
Say what! You have a comprehension problem.

Read my post and its links before jumping with bad language.

If I addressed mm or cm, I would let you know. Good grief.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#39572 Sep 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You have none, intellectual honesty, that is.
Let the courts decide.
I knew it.

You're worthy of all the mockery that comes your way.

Like all the warmists and their "science" you are unable to admit any type of error.

So it's not surprising you cannot admit an error of a tiny, miniscule, irrelevant factoid.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#39573 Sep 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Say what! You have a comprehension problem.
Read my post and its links before jumping with bad language.
If I addressed mm or cm, I would let you know. Good grief.
Once again, you demonstrate poor reasoning ability. To refute an argument, you have to provide contrary evidence.

Spinning off with more doom and gloom stories is NOT refuting mm vs. cm.

btw, each of your internet searches contributes another 7g of CO2 to your carbon footprint. How do you live with your hypocrisy?
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#39574 Sep 22, 2013
WASHINGTON -- The amount of ice in the Arctic Ocean shrank this summer to the sixth lowest level, but that is much higher than last year's record low.

The ice cap at the North Pole melts in the summer and grows in winter; its general shrinking trend is a sign of global warming. The National Snow and Ice Data Center said Friday that Arctic ice was at 1.97 million square miles (5.1 million sq. kilometers) when it stopped melting late last week.

It takes scientists several days to confirm sea ice hit reached its lowest level and is growing again.

The minimum level reached this summer is about 24 percent below the 20th Century average, but 50 percent above last year when a dramatic melt shattered records that go back to 1979.

Center director Mark Serreze says cooler air triggered a "considerable recovery," from last year, while the ocean temperatures were still warmer than normal. But he adds climate change deniers who point to the bounce back from last year -- which skewed the trend -- would be wrong.

MSN Weather
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#39575 Sep 22, 2013
KNOW 1 CARES wrote:
One time supporters of the theory now question it worthiness, Antarctic ice is at an all time and Arctic weather is it coldest levels for this early in the season are at record lows and overall temperatures have not been on the rise in over ten years.
Plus many of these same outspoken alarmists are the same ones that were raising the alarms and shouting from the roof tops of the coming ice age in the 1970s
You so funny.

AND wrong.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#39576 Sep 22, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew it.
You're worthy of all the mockery that comes your way.
Like all the warmists and their "science" you are unable to admit any type of error.
So it's not surprising you cannot admit an error of a tiny, miniscule, irrelevant factoid.
Who are you to step into an exchange with another poster?

Nobody who is honest would do that. Go back and read for the history. Otherwise, I consider you a liar.

Don't you have other lies to attend to?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#39577 Sep 22, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you demonstrate poor reasoning ability. To refute an argument, you have to provide contrary evidence.
btw, each of your internet searches contributes another 7g of CO2 to your carbon footprint. How do you live with your hypocrisy?
blah blah you only post nonsense.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#39578 Sep 22, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

Today Anthony Watts puts up a chart of what he says is the rate of change of global sea level using a ten-year running mean of the sea level change each decade. Problem is not only that he forgot some of the data, he forgot that like him, lots of his readers are chart illiterate and confuse rate of change with total actual change. Or did he. Is it any more likely he was counting on that? Anthony's not very bright when it comes to charts.

http://blog.hotwhopper.com/2013/05/anthony-wa...

P.S. Deniers take note, mothra especially.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#39579 Sep 22, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my posts carefully.

Try harder.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#39580 Sep 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you to step into an exchange with another poster?
Nobody who is honest would do that. Go back and read for the history. Otherwise, I consider you a liar.
Don't you have other lies to attend to?
Dear Global Warming Hypocrite,

In an public forum, there are no private conversations.

btw, "attend to"? Ending with a preposition? Bad, bad grammar.

LOL
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#39581 Sep 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>blah blah you only post nonsense.

As I am a skeptic of the "theory", I have no qualms about posting.

How do you resolve with yourself adding to your carbon footprint, while demanding others reduce theirs?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#39582 Sep 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/new s/global-warming/TRBD8KD7AU8QP I5RI#c14
Today Anthony Watts puts up a chart of what he says is the rate of change of global sea level using a ten-year running mean of the sea level change each decade. Problem is not only that he forgot some of the data, he forgot that like him, lots of his readers are chart illiterate and confuse rate of change with total actual change. Or did he. Is it any more likely he was counting on that? Anthony's not very bright when it comes to charts.
http://blog.hotwhopper.com/2013/05/anthony-wa...
P.S. Deniers take note, mothra especially.

Again, how do you explain your hypocrisy by pumping out more CO2 with every internet search, while demanding others reduce theirs?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#39583 Sep 22, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
In an public forum, there are no private conversations.
btw, "attend to"? Ending with a preposition? Bad, bad grammar.
LOL
So you're clueless about grammar as well as global warming?

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2011/11/gr...

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#39584 Sep 22, 2013
A snobbish English teacher was sitting in an Atlanta airport coffee shop waiting for her flight back to Connecticut, when a friendly Southern belle sat down next to her.

‘Where y’all goin’ to?’ asked the Southern belle.

Turning her nose in the air, the snob replied ‘I don’t answer people who end their sentences with prepositions’.

The Southern belle thought a moment, and tried again.‘Where y’all goin’ to, bitch?’
Coal is King

La Fayette, KY

#39585 Sep 22, 2013
From Mt. Sterling, KY:

"Thanks to those states our economy in Eastern Kentucky is tanking. Families will be left in poverty or will be broken up to move to other states to look for work. The main states that elected Obama that Eastern Kentuckians visit are OHIO, VIRGINIA & FLORIDA. Piss on those states. Take your business elsewhere."

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#39586 Sep 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are still yelling because you are WRONG.
Read your own link:
Michael Mann even twitted, "IPCC certificate acknowledging me "contributing to award of the Nobel Peace Prize". Do they want my birth certif too?" It would appear the answer is yes.
Why are you a neme caller? Because you are a liar. And you are late with 2012's gossip.
Also from your link an update:
Update from Climate Depot: The IPCC issued the certificates with the text on them to IPCC participants, including Mann. Mann did not add the text himself. Here is a photo of a UN IPCC issued certificate (LINK)
"temember"[your spelling] you are no judge or jury in this matter. Wait for "there"[your spelling] decision.
A certificate acknowledging a contribution does not a Nobel award make.

It's pretty obvious you made a mistake.

No one will hold that against you.

But....to continue to lie that you were wrong is abysmal.

Show some self respect and honesty.....for your own sake.

You were wrong......get over it. No big deal.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#39587 Sep 22, 2013
"that you were right"

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#39588 Sep 22, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
A snobbish English teacher was sitting in an Atlanta airport coffee shop waiting for her flight back to Connecticut, when a friendly Southern belle sat down next to her.
‘Where y’all goin’ to?’ asked the Southern belle.
Turning her nose in the air, the snob replied ‘I don’t answer people who end their sentences with prepositions’.
The Southern belle thought a moment, and tried again.‘Where y’all goin’ to, bitch?’
the english teacher probably thought she understood more about climate change, too.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#39589 Sep 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The superstition man made CO2 from fossil fuel use is causing catastrophic climate change isn't based on science.
What would you know?

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>

Scientists will this week issue their starkest warning yet about the mounting dangers of global warming. In a report to be handed to political leaders in Stockholm on Monday, they will say that the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation have now led to a warming of the entire globe, including land surfaces, oceans and the atmosphere.

Extreme weather events, including heatwaves and storms, have increased in many regions while ice sheets are dwindling at an alarming rate. In addition, sea levels are rising while the oceans are being acidified – a development that could see the planet's coral reefs disappearing before the end of the century.

Writing in the Observer ahead of the report's release, the economist and climate change expert Lord Stern calls on governments to end their dithering about fossil fuels and start working to create a global low-carbon economy to curtail global warming. Governments, he states, must decide what "kind of world we want to present to our children and grandchildren".

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< >

A preview from the Guardian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min USAsince1680 1,153,113
Deat Abby 12-16 15 min RACE 53
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Jacques Ottawa 181,714
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 56 min Go Blue Forever 82
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 1 hr Go Blue Forever 20
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 2 hr Le Duped 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,876
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:55 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:55PM