Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,852)

Showing posts 37,021 - 37,040 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
litesong

Snohomish, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39381
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

motheaten muffed:
You're almost coherent.
//////////
litesong wrote:
I was less scientific than usual.
//////////
"motheaten" muffed:
So when you're more "scientific" your less coherent?
////////
litesong wrote:
When I'm more scientific, toxic topix AGW deniers cannot understand because they have no science & mathematics degrees, no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for their proudly held, but poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas, or no hi skule DEE-plooomaas, at all.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39382
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your support.
You are the tops in the new scale 'SBL,' 1000/1000 while Fair Game 1/1000.
in that case....your scientific claims must be off the charts!

LOL

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39383
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>That's how to deserve top position in the SBL scale. OTOH you are at the other end along with Fair Game and Caveman1.
kissy-kissy.
get a room.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39384
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
The sun doesn't explode a thousand Hiroshima bombs per second on Earth, altho the energy delivered to the Earth from the sun is in your ballpark figure.
neither does man made co2 emissions!!!

so.....do you actually get the joke and see the ridiculousness?1?!

lol
Jerseyboy For Life

Elkhart, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39385
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

If you don't know who is in charge of the World inviromental Watchdog,it's none other then Gorbachev,the ex leader of the USSR,and once big dog of the KGB.He was,and probably still is a "COMMUNIST".This position has given him the tools to finally destroy his arch enemy "CAPITALISM...It appears to me we,the United States seems to be the main target of the inviromentals attacks.And this bunch has done some serious damage to our industries,so now they are going to put a "carbon"tax on us individuals....Wouldn't be surprised if we don't all will lbe required to wear a devise that measures the Co2 we exhaul after each breath we all take.OPPS!,I might have given the Leftist Inviromentalist an idea!!!!.....
Na,I'm sure they have some Lefties looking into it....After all this whole "GLOBAL WARMING"is a H O A X!,much like Obama and Algore are!...
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39386
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You don't track what you posted:
[Fair Game] The calculations were somewhat hindered by the existing understanding of atmospheric radiative physics, and by the limited available observations of the infrared absorption spectrum and carbon dioxide concentrations.
Frankly, what his work demonstrates is that there is a robust relationship between GHG levels and global temperatures, where he couldn't go TOO far wrong with just rough data.

In his time there was no "aerosols" to worry about and the 'broadening of the bands' for CO2 was not known. Nor is his 'match' to present warming correct in that our rate of warming is slower (matching his erroneous values) while his 'equilibrium' warming is and was wrong.

Science has progressed and the so called 'correctness' of his calculations is more of a 'beginners luck' than accurate. A competent scientists but without all the data.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39387
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You don't track what you posted:
[Fair Game] The calculations were somewhat hindered by the existing understanding of atmospheric radiative physics, and by the limited available observations of the infrared absorption spectrum and carbon dioxide concentrations. In addition, he considered the energy balance at the surface instead of the top of the atmosphere.
These are some of the major avenues laid out by science since Callendar's work. Science builds solid infrastructures in our understanding. How do we know for example about the layers of our atmosphere?
You really have a comprehension problem...

"Callender’s calculations track much more closely with actual temperatures than the formulas that are used by alarmists today."

Duh.

If you can't get a clue, borrow one. You're embarrassing yourself.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39388
Sep 18, 2013
 
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have a comprehension problem...
"Callender’s calculations track much more closely with actual temperatures than the formulas that are used by alarmists today."
Duh.
If you can't get a clue, borrow one. You're embarrassing yourself.
Aww you are 1000 SBL units.

Try to comprehend this in support of what I posted:

Here, we present evidence that a human-caused signal can also be identified relative to the larger "total" natural variability arising from sources internal to the climate system, solar irradiance changes, and volcanic forcing. Consistent signal identification occurs because both internal and total natural variability (as simulated by state-of-the-art models) cannot produce sustained global-scale tropospheric warming and stratospheric cooling. Our results provide clear evidence for a discernible human influence on the thermal structure of the atmosphere.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2013-09-satellite-global...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39389
Sep 18, 2013
 
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have a comprehension problem...
"Callender’s calculations track much more closely with actual temperatures than the formulas that are used by alarmists today."
Duh.
If you can't get a clue, borrow one. You're embarrassing yourself.
What's your answer to my question?

You are your own embarrassment. You failed again.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39390
Sep 18, 2013
 
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>in that case....your scientific claims must be off the charts!
LOL
Awww.. Thanks for your support, LOL.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39391
Sep 18, 2013
 
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Aww you are 1000 SBL units.
...
You must enjoy embarrassing yourself.

Run along sonny... adults are talking here.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39392
Sep 18, 2013
 
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>What's your answer to my question?
You are your own embarrassment. You failed again.
re: embarrassment

I am so thrilled once again to have taught you a new word.

Do run along now... adults are talking here.
litesong

Snohomish, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39393
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

middleofthedownwronggully wrote:
......do you actually get the joke and see the ridiculousness?1?!
lol
SpaceBlues wrote, "In terms of energy content, that adds up to 400,000 hiroshima's......."

"middleofthedownwronggull y" did not. In other words,

"middleofthedownwronggull y" continues in the middle of the down wrong gully.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39394
Sep 18, 2013
 
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
You must enjoy embarrassing yourself.
Run along sonny... adults are talking here.
What's your answer to my question?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39395
Sep 18, 2013
 
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-...
Can we take it that you're accepting what Callendar said, the world has warmed and we're responsible, and warming will continue?
No response.
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
So as you can't accuse him of being influenced by money, are you going to accept his conclusion that the world has warmed, we're responsible, and it's going to continue warming?
No response.
kristy

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39396
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. First you misread the graph and prove yourself a clown, and then you demand a serious discussion about what the graph shows.
Look, either the insurance company added new data to their database so the numbers changed, or they are in the conspiracy with the climate scientists.
Which one is easier to believe?
Pivot again with you. If you say I misread the chart, then you need to explain what the chart is saying. You can do this by answering the questions I posted.

1. So do you really believe that Munich RE a re-insurer who tracks natural disasters around the world (to include storms, hurricanes, tornados, forest fires, droughts floods, and extreme temperatures) only tracked 14 natural disasters worldwide in 1993? If you believe that, then Munich Re is saying there were only 3 natural disasters worldwide in 2009. Do you also believe that to be true?

2. If each bar represents a total count for worldwide disasters in a single year, how does the count change for that single year whether the chart starts at 1950 or starts in 1980?

3. According to caveman:“How the bars could change using different numbers of years or time periods is exemplified by Hurricane Camille was once number one before 2005. It became #2 following Katrina. Extend the chart to 2012 and you pick up Sandy, which is now #1 (I think), making the other two fade back. As the years go on and the storms get stronger, Camille may drop off the chart at some distant date.”

Can you even explain how a hurricane that was counted in the natural disasters in 2005 would fade back and drop off the chart? Why would a hurricane that was counted in 2005 be dropped off the count of natural disasters in 2005?

If I'm misreading the chart then it should be really easy for you to answer the questions, especially the first question. If you won't answer the questions, then it is safe to say you are misreading the chart.

http://350orbust.com/2010/03/01/icebergs-ice-...

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39397
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pivot again with you. If you say I misread the chart, then you need to explain what the chart is saying. You can do this by answering the questions I posted.
1. So do you really believe that Munich RE a re-insurer who tracks natural disasters around the world (to include storms, hurricanes, tornados, forest fires, droughts floods, and extreme temperatures) only tracked 14 natural disasters worldwide in 1993? If you believe that, then Munich Re is saying there were only 3 natural disasters worldwide in 2009. Do you also believe that to be true?
2. If each bar represents a total count for worldwide disasters in a single year, how does the count change for that single year whether the chart starts at 1950 or starts in 1980?
3. According to caveman:“How the bars could change using different numbers of years or time periods is exemplified by Hurricane Camille was once number one before 2005. It became #2 following Katrina. Extend the chart to 2012 and you pick up Sandy, which is now #1 (I think), making the other two fade back. As the years go on and the storms get stronger, Camille may drop off the chart at some distant date.”
Can you even explain how a hurricane that was counted in the natural disasters in 2005 would fade back and drop off the chart? Why would a hurricane that was counted in 2005 be dropped off the count of natural disasters in 2005?
If I'm misreading the chart then it should be really easy for you to answer the questions, especially the first question. If you won't answer the questions, then it is safe to say you are misreading the chart.
http://350orbust.com/2010/03/01/icebergs-ice-...
Talk to the hand.
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39398
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting... another bit of evidence for the 'global warming as a religion' theory.
Point well taken!
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39399
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to the hand.
Every attempt to engage in a discussion about a specific issue results in avoidence behaviors... "Talk to the hand" being the latest.

May your faith give you peace
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39400
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>What's your answer to my question?
..
Again:
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>What's your answer to my question?
Also:
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
No response.
<quoted text>
No response.
Yet:
B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>
Every attempt to engage in a discussion about a specific issue results in avoidence behaviors...
That's what the deniers do as the evidence shows.

LOL. Denial is your game.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 37,021 - 37,040 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

78 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min forks_make_us_fat 1,077,787
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min LRS 174,400
At Least 40 People Were Shot This Weekend in Ch... 33 min bensleys thoughts 1
Abby 7-22 36 min Pippa 4
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 39 min feroz 1
Holy Family priest: Rev. Pat Brennan relocating... (May '09) 42 min Michael Seaman 23
The Official Vanessa Hudgens Chat Room (Aug '07) 50 min Vanessa Hudgens 3,781
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••