Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,839)

Showing posts 36,761 - 36,780 of45,437
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>how you figure i'm worked up, son? LOL
the article is tripe.LOL
i don't worry about unfounded theories....i expose them. you should know that by now! LOL
science doesn't take sides, son, so stop claiming you have it and any facts, okay?! LOL
97% of the respondents weren't used for starters. there answers were distorted, too. or did you not actually read the survey? LOL
naw....i like your state, but people like you deserve to be the butt of jokes. LOL
I haven't seen you exposing anything but your ignorance, certainly not any real climate science.

I haven't seen any facts from you either, though you brag about having some, somewhere.

What respondents weren't used? Show us the distortions in their answers.

A big, fat zero from you........AGAIN!
dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
20 years later science is looking for missing heat... and this week so am I.
Freeze warnings??? It was in the 90's just a couple of days ago.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

MN is very dry..

ST. PAUL, Minn.(AP)- Hot, dry weather is putting stress on pastures across Minnesota.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture says in its weekly crops and weather report for Minnesota that soil moisture supplies continue to decline. Almost one-third of the state's topsoil and 23% of its subsoil is rated very short.

Many parts of the state received no rain last week, and the statewide average was only 0.05 inches. Meanwhile, the state's average temperature was 4.4 degrees above normal at 66.9 degrees.

Nearly half the state's pastures are rated in poor to very poor condition. Corn and soybean conditions are both rated 51% good or excellent.

Minnesota's sweet corn harvest advanced 14%age points to 70% complete, but remains behind the normal 76% for this time.
dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

"Well partner, jus' goes to show ya- y'all are lookin' at further validation of "The Anthropogenic Carbon Dioxide Driven Catastrophic Global Climate Disruption Orthodoxy."
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

dont drink the koolaid wrote:
"Well partner, jus' goes to show ya- y'all are lookin' at further validation of "The Anthropogenic Carbon Dioxide Driven Catastrophic Global Climate Disruption Orthodoxy."
You are drinking again.

The theory does hold, the deniers fold.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

dont drink the koolaid wrote:
20 years later science is looking for missing heat... and this week so am I.
Freeze warnings??? It was in the 90's just a couple of days ago.
Nothing real unusual about that, Garrison would say.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Nothing really unusual about that, Garrison Keillor, the English major could say.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Nothing really unusual about that, Garrison Keillor, the English major could say.
Touche'.

OK, earthling......;)
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Touche'.
OK, earthling......;)
Awww it hurt!

English majors unite,:-D

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen you exposing anything but your ignorance, certainly not any real climate science.
I haven't seen any facts from you either, though you brag about having some, somewhere.
What respondents weren't used? Show us the distortions in their answers.
A big, fat zero from you........AGAIN!
i've provided emails from participants disputing the cook interpretations many times ON THIS THREAD! go back and look. stop being a lazy, shoot from the hip, clod.

funny when someone from the magnolia state calls someone ignorant. based on your states history....that has to be at least a pot kettle thing!! LOL

btw....where do you pick up women besides family reunions?
know what girls from mississppi have in common with bears? they both lick their paws!

LOL
kristy

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
MN is very dry..
ST. PAUL, Minn.(AP)- Hot, dry weather is putting stress on pastures across Minnesota.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture says in its weekly crops and weather report for Minnesota that soil moisture supplies continue to decline. Almost one-third of the state's topsoil and 23% of its subsoil is rated very short.
Many parts of the state received no rain last week, and the statewide average was only 0.05 inches. Meanwhile, the state's average temperature was 4.4 degrees above normal at 66.9 degrees.
Nearly half the state's pastures are rated in poor to very poor condition. Corn and soybean conditions are both rated 51% good or excellent.
Minnesota's sweet corn harvest advanced 14%age points to 70% complete, but remains behind the normal 76% for this time.
You didn't state why the hot dry weather is putting stress on corn and soybeans:

From May 1, 2013:

While we all complain about the weather, farmers need cooperation from Mother Nature to make their money, and the cool spring has pushed back planting of this year’s sweet corn.

Some experts claim that will mean a smaller crop and corn that’s more vulnerable to damage from summer heat.

“You’ve got to be an optimist to be in this business,” said Jerry Untiedt, owner of Untiedt’s Vegetable Farm.

Untiedt has farmed Minnesota for more than 40 years, and he said this year has been challenging — it’s the latest his farm has ever planted sweet corn.

“April 24 was our previous late date,” Untiedt said.“We don’t plant until ice is off the lakes. That didn’t happen here until Monday, April 29.”

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/05/01/cold...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
MN is very dry..
>>Ann Althouse makes a great point today with regard to a UK Guardian story entitled, "That snow outside is what global warming looks like," which has as its tendentious point that all that cold and snow in Britain this winter doesn't disprove global warming. Althouse says simply (and devastatingly) that "when everything is evidence of the thing you want to believe, it might be time to stop pretending you're all about science."

Althouse doesn't say it precisely, but what she's talking about is actually a fundamental premise in the philosophy of science (via Karl Popper), namely, that scientific fact has to be "falsifiable," i.e., there has to be some evidence that, if true, would make the theory false. If all evidence can be incorporated in the theory -- much like everything can be described as "God's will," or by the phrase "God works in mysterious ways," or "God can do anything" -- then you are not talking about science, but religion. If warmth is evidence of global warming, and cold is evidence of global warming -- or, in England, if no snow = global warming and snow = global warming -then global warming is not science anymore, it's a faith system. And, like any faith system, its arguments of late have often boiled down to demanding that heretics be silenced.

http://theregularguybelieves.blogspot.com/201...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't state why the hot dry weather is putting stress on corn and soybeans:
Warmists needn't explain anything if global warming is non-falsifiable.

Shotgun science = we've got 1000's of predictions so whenever anything happens, we can find something that's close, and then argue that proves the theory.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

kristy

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
So a late start to the growing season equals global warming and an early start to the growing season equals global warming.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
So a late start to the growing season equals global warming and an early start to the growing season equals global warming.
DUH.. climate change, no?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Warmists needn't explain anything if global warming is non-falsifiable.
Shotgun science = we've got 1000's of predictions so whenever anything happens, we can find something that's close, and then argue that proves the theory.
Your ignorance is blatant!

As long as you can't disprove... DUH
kristy

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Your ignorance is blatant!
So what would disprove AGW?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
So what would disprove AGW?
Overturning the rules of physics.

Good trick for a clown like you, if you could do it.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Your ignorance is blatant!
So global warming is falsifiable?

How so?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 36,761 - 36,780 of45,437
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

104 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Paolo Scalari 1,071,498
Amy 7-10 7 min Julie 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,549
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min HughBe 68,119
Abigail July 9 2014 19 min Julie 13
lawer matthew .scott .vanderpool i need (Jul '11) 43 min freddy 19
Would you do me a favor please? 1 hr Asking Nicely 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 97,427
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••