Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,831)

Showing posts 36,601 - 36,620 of45,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Like most of the denier posts on here, they all sound like tea baggers trying to find a new cause. No wonder they were branded America's Taliban, everything is about the good ole days. That's the world they live in and don't want any change. But they would serve themselves and the planet if they just went back a little bit further and started living the lifestyle of the Amish. Then they could whine all day about the solar panels on the farm next door.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
Like most of the denier posts on here, they all sound like tea baggers trying to find a new cause. No wonder they were branded America's Taliban, everything is about the good ole days. That's the world they live in and don't want any change. But they would serve themselves and the planet if they just went back a little bit further and started living the lifestyle of the Amish. Then they could whine all day about the solar panels on the farm next door.
Some folks run around looking for something to hate. That way, they make believe that they are doing something important. Thay have no clue but it is easy for them to be against. Have you noticed, they are never for anything.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
You can go play with SpaceBlues.... I here he's getting some new blocks to play with.

Ever since Obama launched his "push" for global warming "information", a few folks here have lost all sense of perspective.

I laugh at your pile of sanctimonious bullshyt you proffer as argument.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Some folks run around looking for something to hate. That way, they make believe that they are doing something important. Thay have no clue but it is easy for them to be against. Have you noticed, they are never for anything.
Aww... and now the trifecta of the dullards.

SpaceBlues sandbox is getting kinda full, but you'll be welcome.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Standard fare!
Most papers go through a few 'tweaks' before publication. Nothing to this claim.
kristy

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Most papers go through a few 'tweaks' before publication. Nothing to this claim.
If that makes you feel better, go with that, but no one even talks about this paper anymore except those on this thread. The paper couldn't even make it in a major journal even with revisions. So again I ask, if this is THE PAPER to prove global warming, why wouldn't any major journal publish it?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
If that makes you feel better, go with that, but no one even talks about this paper anymore except those on this thread. The paper couldn't even make it in a major journal even with revisions. So again I ask, if this is THE PAPER to prove global warming, why wouldn't any major journal publish it?
The issue is not a proof.

Why don't you go drink your latte and leave meddling with affairs that are none of your business.

FYI, we talk about the BEST work because it was an outsider review of the data.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily with only a few "tweaks." The reviewer(s) might be intrigued and mention even an extension or expansion because of the opportunity at hand at the moment. Otherwise, that extra by itself would not be worth a paper but worthwhile within the present soa.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
And often a poison at one dose can be a medication at another dose.
Poisons and pollutants are 'dose dependent'.
Talk to b_gone!

There are other things that are dose dependent, too. LOL.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww... and now the trifecta of the dullards.
SpaceBlues sandbox is getting kinda full, but you'll be welcome.
No, I might dig up a Mothra.....
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>The issue is not a proof.
Why don't you go drink your latte and leave meddling with affairs that are none of your business.
FYI, we talk about the BEST work because it was an outsider review of the data.
Maybe some day in the future incoherent babble becomes acceptable for conversation, until then... huh?

Never mind. You have such a failed grasp of vocabulary that only remedial study can correct your posts.

Maybe you should spend less time with your Brix Blox.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe some day in the future incoherent babble becomes acceptable for conversation, until then... huh?
Never mind. You have such a failed grasp of vocabulary that only remedial study can correct your posts.
Maybe you should spend less time with your Brix Blox.
!. Are you filling your daily paid-post quota with silliness?

2. Again, you are replying to me for another science denier. DUH!

3. This is your babble on this page just a few hours ago:
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
You can go play with SpaceBlues.... I here he's getting some new blocks to play with.
Ever since Obama launched his "push" for global warming "information", a few folks here have lost all sense of perspective.
I laugh at your pile of sanctimonious bullshyt you proffer as argument.
Your English says "I heer he's getting."

Know thyself and send yourself to school. LOL.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Observation, you are correct. These people would not know what a worthwhile cause was let alone stand for one.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>!. Are you filling your daily paid-post quota with silliness?
2. Again, you are replying to me for another science denier. DUH!
3. This is your babble on this page just a few hours ago:
<quoted text>Your English says "I heer he's getting."
Know thyself and send yourself to school. LOL.
psst... parsing someone else's words doesn't make yours any more coherent.

Quit playing on the internet... adults are talking here.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
psst... parsing someone else's words doesn't make yours any more coherent.
Quit playing on the internet... adults are talking here.
A field guide to Mothra's:

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican." J. Danforth Quayle

i.e the ignorance of entitled children.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
A field guide to Mothra's:
"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican." J. Danforth Quayle
i.e the ignorance of entitled children.
So I see... you support SpaceBlues puerile posts.

No surprise.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
So I see... you support SpaceBlues puerile posts.
No surprise.
I speak for myself. And no. That is no surprise. You, on the other hand, have a hand up your butt..
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
I speak for myself. And no. That is no surprise. You, on the other hand, have a hand up your butt..
Pathetic retort.

Quit taking creative writing tips from SpaceBlues.

btw, got any more of those exposes on how global warming research funds are being spent?

I could use a laugh.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, water isn't a poison.
<quoted text>No, oxygen isn't a poison.
<quoted text>In the context of biology, poisons are substances that cause disturbances to organisms,[1] usually by chemical reaction or other activity on the molecular scale, when a sufficient quantity is absorbed by an organism. The fields of medicine (particularly veterinary) and zoology often distinguish a poison from a toxin, and from a venom. Toxins are poisons produced by some biological function in nature, and venoms are usually defined as toxins that are injected by a bite or sting to cause their effect, while other poisons are generally defined as substances absorbed through epithelial linings such as the skin or gut.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison
<quoted text>Self disclosure?
Wrong again, Sherlock.

The mechanism of water intoxication is associated with osmotic pressure in cells. At decreasing amounts of salt in the blood, cells adjust by taking up more and more water. Consequently, the cells will swell. If this leads to transport of high amounts of water to the brain it may be extremely harmful. Swollen cells press the nerves, causing someone to experience headache. When cells seal blood vessels, this may cause a lack of oxygen, and someone loses consciousness. The direct cause of death by water intoxication is often brain oedema.

Read more: http://www.lenntech.com/water-intoxication.ht...

Oxygen toxicity is a condition resulting from the harmful effects of breathing molecular oxygen (O
2) at elevated partial pressures. It is also known as oxygen toxicity syndrome, oxygen intoxication, and oxygen poisoning. Historically, the central nervous system condition was called the Paul Bert effect, and the pulmonary condition the Lorrain Smith effect, after the researchers who pioneered its discovery and description in the late 19th century. Severe cases can result in cell damage and death, with effects most often seen in the central nervous system, lungs and eyes. Oxygen toxicity is a concern for underwater divers, those on high concentrations of supplemental oxygen (particularly premature babies), and those undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy.

What else ya got, dumbass?
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
New Zealand snow storm.
September 4, 2013:
HUNDREDS of skiers are stuck on New Zealand's Mt Hutt after freak weather forced its closure.
A combination of drifting snow and poor visibility has been blamed. While ski area management were aware of an approaching front and poor forecast, the situation deteriorated quickly, Mt Hutt ski area manager James McKenzie said.
There are 316 people trapped on the mountain.
"We made a decision to close the mountain at 11.30 this morning and a number of people made it safely down the road," he said.
"However at midday a combination of new snow blowing around everywhere and wind gusts of up to 45km/h, especially around the Saddles, meant visibility along the upper section of the access road deteriorated to the extent we closed the road completely.
http://www.news.com.au/travel/holiday-ideas/h...
How does a late-winter snowstorm on a mile-high peak in the southern half of New Zealand prove that global warming isn't happening?

Only a denier would think so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 36,601 - 36,620 of45,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,785
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 19 min the plain truth 1,833
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min shinningelectr0n 1,073,280
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... 3 hr IsBerkotsCheaperthanJewel 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Norton 48,701
This is a great ad. 5 hr Harold B Alls 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr voice of peace 67,553
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••