Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,828)

Showing posts 36,541 - 36,560 of45,499
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
kristy

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not over the top at all, some of those southern hemisphere countries are predicted to take the biggest hit with climate change. Especially a few of those small Island countries north of Australia, they are already sand bagging their front door with rising sea levels. As Australia is the driest continent on earth hence the low population and not many mountain ranges means 85% of them live less than 25 miles from the coast, it only takes a small shift in climate for those same people to be either kicking desert sand or wading in water. Take your pick, the mountain ranges in New Zealand are always going to attract more rainfall than Australia yet has experienced long periods of drought. So go figure, but it's another dismissal from the denier crowd that is nothing to be concerned about.
Yes, you are over the top. You all have so perverted science. You want to take a snapshot of the world today and keep it exactly the way it is, essentially defying the way the world has been for over 4 billion years. You then want to blame any change on man...sea level rise, temperature increase, every storm and hurricane. Man has adapted to climate change you can't make climate do what man wants. When we had our hurricanes it totally devastated our beaches and businesses, but a few years later after pumping sand, we are back up and running. ADAPT. Islands have appeared and disappeared throughout history, but you seem to think every island in this moment in time should be here forever. That actually would be abnormal.
kristy

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing that a scientist likes better than to find another scientist wrong. If the climate data were adjusted unjustly it would be jumped upon like blowflies on a dead carcass. I am not informed well enough to decide whether or not the data has been compromised but I do know enough about how science works to know that those who are well informed would be very quick to point that out.
But scientists have published papers showing inaccuracies.

Here is just one:

http://pielkeclimatesci.files.wordpress.com/2...
kristy

Oviedo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, Rajendra Pachauri isn't a scientist, much less a climate scientist. So applying warmists' rules, his opinion means squat.
Second, the guy has a chauffeur drive him to and from work... a whopping one mile in a gasoline car -- even though he was given an electric car to use.
And the second link? Cass Sustein? A lawyer. Wow... you are desperate.
What's next? Psychologists analyzing people's not accepting the warmist mantra?
(whoops... too late on that one)
I'm really amazed at how warmists never hold their leader/spokespeople accountable to their own carbon footprints while they are spouting off about how others should alter theirs.
Once again... a motto of the warmists:
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
I think Pachauri is preparing for his next novel, a followup to his last novel "Return to Almora." His first novel, about the sexcapades of a climate scientist will now focus on his super human powers to stop the climate from changing. I mean really don't you think his statement would be a great opening line for his novel:

Mankind has pushed the world's climate system to the brink, leaving itself only scant time to act, "We have five minutes before midnight,"

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
But scientists have published papers showing inaccuracies.
Here is just one:
http://pielkeclimatesci.files.wordpress.com/2...
That is a reason why adjustments must be made.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been, repeatedly.
But no one has been able to convincingly prove that there has been any bias in the adjustments.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah,leave out an important detail and then fault me for not knowing it.
Lying by omission.
Lying, nonetheless.
what important detail did I leave out that caused you to get stumped this time, son?!
Lol
Always blaming others for your lack of comprehension.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know. Apparently you'll believe anything for which there is no evidence.
pot meet kettle!!!!!!
Or.. Do you have some hidden evidence that a carbon tax will alter climate, son?
Lol
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

This forum is the funniest in Topix. It provides those posters without an iota of science an opportunity to lie and misrepresent modern science. They go as far as attacking verbally the scientists who are active in research.

Oh they do this 24/7/12.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>"To be or not to be" is the question that entertains you here.
You fail in so many ways. Let us count them.
be my guest!!! Start counting, son! Lets see how far you get.
Lol
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
This forum is the funniest in Topix. It provides those posters without an iota of science an opportunity to lie and misrepresent modern science. They go as far as attacking verbally the scientists who are active in research.
Oh they do this 24/7/12.
"Verbally" attacking scientists on Topix?

Where's the mute button?

LOL

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Oh they do this 24/7/12.
you lie and misrepresent modern science wherever you go, mullet! Don't claim you only lie here.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say the BEST data
http://www.woodfortrees.org/plot/best-upper/f...
Oh, gee. "Audio waveform - Raw data - Charity Tip Jar" is real convincing..

But I meant the BEST study. http://tinyurl.com/cgxj7j8

"CALL me a converted skeptic. Three years ago I identified problems in previous climate studies that, in my mind, threw doubt on the very existence of global warming. Last year, following an intensive research effort involving a dozen scientists, I concluded that global warming was real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. I’m now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause. "

So the 'errors' that are touted by the denialists over and over were found to be nothing of the sort.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
But no one has been able to convincingly prove that there has been any bias in the adjustments.
And the Berkley Earth Surface Temperature (BEST) study showed that there was no basis to the criticisms raised by the denialists.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a reason why adjustments must be made.
And why there is a selection of 'good' meteorology stations used. MOST of the 'problem' stations are in urban environments, and there is a HUGE oversupply of them there. So only GOOD stations without problems are selected and validated.

Station 'mapping' is distributed by AREA so even urban stations with UHI ( corrected for anyway by comparison to surrounding rural stations) do not distort the data (as validated by the BEST study)
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you lie and misrepresent modern science wherever you go, mullet! Don't claim you only lie here.
WOW.

You are not even funny!

These space photographs show the world's islands as they've never been seen before.

What looks like a fish in one image, and a collection of blue gems in another are actually Heron Island and part of the Great Barrier Reef, both in Australia.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24084...
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
These space photographs show the world's islands as they've never been seen before.
Absolutely fascinating and beautiful.

BUT..

there are two pictures labelled 'Akimiski Island' in James Bay. They do not match at ALL. Any ideas?
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>be my guest!!! Start counting, son! Lets see how far you get.
Lol
I just made a start - again. I've inumerated your lies many, many times before.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>pot meet kettle!!!!!!
Or.. Do you have some hidden evidence that a carbon tax will alter climate, son?
Lol
Do you also deny the concepts of ECON101? Do you deny that demand is a function of price with negative slope?
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>what important detail did I leave out that caused you to get stumped this time, son?!
Lol
Always blaming others for your lack of comprehension.
Well, if you can't figure it out, I can't help you.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
LOL

lol

lol?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 36,541 - 36,560 of45,499
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bloomberg Calls Colorado a “Rural and Roadless”... 9 min joey 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr RoxLo 1,072,426
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Midlothian Composer 97,438
Stop Blaming Chicago Police 1 hr joey 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Midlothian Composer 3,817
Beach Towel Racism 2 hr needs another read 30
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 397
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 173,641
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••