Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 46,581
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#38879 Sep 5, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
But scientists have published papers showing inaccuracies.
Here is just one:
http://pielkeclimatesci.files.wordpress.com/2...
That is a reason why adjustments must be made.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#38880 Sep 5, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been, repeatedly.
But no one has been able to convincingly prove that there has been any bias in the adjustments.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#38881 Sep 5, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah,leave out an important detail and then fault me for not knowing it.
Lying by omission.
Lying, nonetheless.
what important detail did I leave out that caused you to get stumped this time, son?!
Lol
Always blaming others for your lack of comprehension.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#38882 Sep 5, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know. Apparently you'll believe anything for which there is no evidence.
pot meet kettle!!!!!!
Or.. Do you have some hidden evidence that a carbon tax will alter climate, son?
Lol
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#38883 Sep 5, 2013
This forum is the funniest in Topix. It provides those posters without an iota of science an opportunity to lie and misrepresent modern science. They go as far as attacking verbally the scientists who are active in research.

Oh they do this 24/7/12.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#38884 Sep 5, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>"To be or not to be" is the question that entertains you here.
You fail in so many ways. Let us count them.
be my guest!!! Start counting, son! Lets see how far you get.
Lol
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#38886 Sep 5, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
This forum is the funniest in Topix. It provides those posters without an iota of science an opportunity to lie and misrepresent modern science. They go as far as attacking verbally the scientists who are active in research.
Oh they do this 24/7/12.
"Verbally" attacking scientists on Topix?

Where's the mute button?

LOL

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#38887 Sep 5, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Oh they do this 24/7/12.
you lie and misrepresent modern science wherever you go, mullet! Don't claim you only lie here.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#38888 Sep 5, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say the BEST data
http://www.woodfortrees.org/plot/best-upper/f...
Oh, gee. "Audio waveform - Raw data - Charity Tip Jar" is real convincing..

But I meant the BEST study. http://tinyurl.com/cgxj7j8

"CALL me a converted skeptic. Three years ago I identified problems in previous climate studies that, in my mind, threw doubt on the very existence of global warming. Last year, following an intensive research effort involving a dozen scientists, I concluded that global warming was real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. Iím now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause. "

So the 'errors' that are touted by the denialists over and over were found to be nothing of the sort.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#38889 Sep 5, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
But no one has been able to convincingly prove that there has been any bias in the adjustments.
And the Berkley Earth Surface Temperature (BEST) study showed that there was no basis to the criticisms raised by the denialists.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#38890 Sep 5, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a reason why adjustments must be made.
And why there is a selection of 'good' meteorology stations used. MOST of the 'problem' stations are in urban environments, and there is a HUGE oversupply of them there. So only GOOD stations without problems are selected and validated.

Station 'mapping' is distributed by AREA so even urban stations with UHI ( corrected for anyway by comparison to surrounding rural stations) do not distort the data (as validated by the BEST study)
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#38891 Sep 5, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you lie and misrepresent modern science wherever you go, mullet! Don't claim you only lie here.
WOW.

You are not even funny!

These space photographs show the world's islands as they've never been seen before.

What looks like a fish in one image, and a collection of blue gems in another are actually Heron Island and part of the Great Barrier Reef, both in Australia.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24084...
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#38892 Sep 5, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
These space photographs show the world's islands as they've never been seen before.
Absolutely fascinating and beautiful.

BUT..

there are two pictures labelled 'Akimiski Island' in James Bay. They do not match at ALL. Any ideas?
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#38894 Sep 5, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>be my guest!!! Start counting, son! Lets see how far you get.
Lol
I just made a start - again. I've inumerated your lies many, many times before.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#38895 Sep 5, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>pot meet kettle!!!!!!
Or.. Do you have some hidden evidence that a carbon tax will alter climate, son?
Lol
Do you also deny the concepts of ECON101? Do you deny that demand is a function of price with negative slope?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#38896 Sep 5, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>what important detail did I leave out that caused you to get stumped this time, son?!
Lol
Always blaming others for your lack of comprehension.
Well, if you can't figure it out, I can't help you.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#38897 Sep 5, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
LOL

lol

lol?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#38898 Sep 6, 2013
I guess this will be another report to dismiss because the scientists must all drive Hummers.

"Ice in Antarctica and Greenland is disappearing faster and may drive sea levels higher than predicted this century, according to leaked United Nations documents.

Greenlandís ice added six times more to sea levels in the decade through 2011 than in the prior 10 years, according to a draft of the UNís most comprehensive study on climate change. Antarctica had a fivefold increase, and the UN is raising its forecast for how much the two ice sheets will add to Earthís oceans by 2100. "

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-09-05/i...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#38899 Sep 6, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Water is poison if you drink too much.
No, water isn't a poison.

gcaveman1 wrote:
Oxygen is poison if your lungs take in too much.
No, oxygen isn't a poison.

gcaveman1 wrote:
Anything can have the effect of poison if the quantity is great enough.
In the context of biology, poisons are substances that cause disturbances to organisms,[1] usually by chemical reaction or other activity on the molecular scale, when a sufficient quantity is absorbed by an organism. The fields of medicine (particularly veterinary) and zoology often distinguish a poison from a toxin, and from a venom. Toxins are poisons produced by some biological function in nature, and venoms are usually defined as toxins that are injected by a bite or sting to cause their effect, while other poisons are generally defined as substances absorbed through epithelial linings such as the skin or gut.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison

gcaveman1 wrote:
Science is poison to Brain_Dead.
Self disclosure?
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#38900 Sep 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, water isn't a poison.
<quoted text>No, oxygen isn't a poison.
<quoted text>In the context of biology, poisons are substances that cause disturbances to organisms,[1] usually by chemical reaction or other activity on the molecular scale, when a sufficient quantity is absorbed by an organism. The fields of medicine (particularly veterinary) and zoology often distinguish a poison from a toxin, and from a venom. Toxins are poisons produced by some biological function in nature, and venoms are usually defined as toxins that are injected by a bite or sting to cause their effect, while other poisons are generally defined as substances absorbed through epithelial linings such as the skin or gut.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison
<quoted text>Self disclosure?
You can drink to much water and die. and to much oxygen can kill you. Yes not poison per-say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min sonicfilter 1,109,122
rahm emanuel is a no show at ASNE-APME Conference 11 min rahm jizzbucket e... 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 11 min Common Sense 4,019
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min mahz 49,793
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,970
Abby 9-16 23 min edogxxx 4
Amy 9-16 26 min edogxxx 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 34 min responsible party 98,200
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search