Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 57334 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

kristy

Oviedo, FL

#38819 Sep 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
http://canadafreepress.com/ind ex.php/article/57623
So funny....so true!
The lies have caught up to the alarmists....so they lie more with a sense of urgency.
Lol
Now they are fighting with each other....one alarmist states that hurricanes will be steered away from the mainland and another alarmist says that the computer models are not accurate so we don't know if hurricanes will be steered away. Gee isn't that we have been saying all along, GIGO.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#38820 Sep 3, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
But you wear no university or college science or mathematics degrees & deny that science or mathematics have any importance.
typical of your posts. You have no idea of what you claim.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#38821 Sep 3, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
Now they are fighting with each other....one alarmist states that hurricanes will be steered away from the mainland and another alarmist says that the computer models are not accurate so we don't know if hurricanes will be steered away. Gee isn't that we have been saying all along, GIGO.
You are DENSE.

You don't comprehend how humans communicate. Especially, the scentists are human and communicate with each other.

You are not part of the communication, LOL.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#38822 Sep 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
http://canadafreepress.com/ind ex.php
So funny....so true!
The lies have caught up to the alarmists....so they lie more with a sense of urgency.
Lol
You did not answer my question: what's climate science?

Your concession is recorded.
kristy

Oviedo, FL

#38823 Sep 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
LMAO!!
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/...
What?? Could it be?!?! Atmospheric co2 can actually be beneficial ?!?!
Real science has a way of making pseudoscience and political activism look foolish EVERYTIME!!
You know what they are really doing is covering all their bases. So if we get more storms like Sandy they can say global warming and if hurricane landfall frequency declines they can say global warming, we predicted it.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#38824 Sep 3, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what they are really doing is covering all their bases. So if we get more storms like Sandy they can say global warming and if hurricane landfall frequency declines they can say global warming, we predicted it.
Yeah, they lie both ways!! I guess that beats admitting they're clueless....which they are.
Either way in their religion it's "God's Will"
http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/29/mit-profess...
kristy

Oviedo, FL

#38825 Sep 3, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are DENSE.
You don't comprehend how humans communicate. Especially, the scentists are human and communicate with each other.
You are not part of the communication, LOL.
Sorry, what are scentists? For someone who understands communication, your 2nd sentence really needs some work.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#38826 Sep 3, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
The "shotgun" approach -- you don't have to be right, just close enough so the error bars cover you.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#38827 Sep 3, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You did not answer my question: what's climate science?
i did. It apparently didn't register with you, son.
kristy

Oviedo, FL

#38828 Sep 3, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
The "shotgun" approach -- you don't have to be right, just close enough so the error bars cover you.
And the error bars are huge.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#38829 Sep 3, 2013
An example for deniers, who think the do nothing approach costs them less. But the reality of that in the long term costs a whole lot more.

"Global climate change will continue taxing the insurance and reinsurance industry landscape through the end of the century—especially from losses caused by sea level rise, inland flooding and drought."

http://www.propertycasualty360.com/2013/09/03...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#38830 Sep 3, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
An example for deniers, who think the do nothing approach costs them less. But the reality of that in the long term costs a whole lot more.
"Global climate change will continue taxing the insurance and reinsurance industry landscape through the end of the century—especially from losses caused by sea level rise, inland flooding and drought."
That presupposes that all the calamities of global warming will actually happen.

More doom and gloom.

What is it about you warmists? Have no joy in your life? Can't be happy that temperatures have been flat for 17 years? Do 'crisis' fill a void in your life?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#38831 Sep 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>the real kind as opposed to your kind, son
This was your answer to: what's climate science?

You thus failed in your answer. You don't know - just as we suspected all along - what climate science is.

Why are you in this forum?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#38832 Sep 3, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
Thanks for the link.

Especially, b_gone would be interested in it? <sarcasm>

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#38833 Sep 3, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>This was your answer to: what's climate science?
You thus failed in your answer. You don't know - just as we suspected all along - what climate science is.
Why are you in this forum?
you found the answer that you previously claimed i didn't answer!!! pretty revealing!! LOL

thus...i didn't fail after all, huh?

who is 'we', son???

i'm on this forum to laugh at the idiocy of 'climate change alarmism'.

what does your science 'pretend' to know that you can back up??? besides your opinions, son?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#38834 Sep 3, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You did not answer my question: what's climate science?
i did..... you just insist on not accepting many things you choose not to believe.

that's your choice, son.

and you call that science??

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#38835 Sep 3, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
an insurance company raises premiums....and you think that's proof of the reality of climate change?????

i thought your crowd opposed corporatism!!!???

drink the milk....and drink it slow.

politicians and corporations have conditioned you quite well, son. enjoy your false security.
gcaveman1

Ellisville, MS

#38836 Sep 3, 2013
New Zealand is having its warmest winter since records began, and it ain't too cool in Australia either.
gcaveman1

Ellisville, MS

#38837 Sep 3, 2013
"...the scientific picture is becoming increasingly clear that the Pacific Ocean has played a large role in the slowed surface warming in recent years, but the warming of the oceans and planet as a whole have continued unabated. Thus the slowed surface warming is very likely to be a temporary effect, similar to the flat global surface temperatures between 1940 and 1970 when the Pacific Ocean was in another cool cycle."

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#38838 Sep 3, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
New Zealand is having its warmest winter since records began, and it ain't too cool in Australia either.
funny you should say that!!! i made friends with a native from NZ while vacationing there last Oct. she said the winter has been unbearably cold this year!!
red that in the clarion ledger, son?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
spread the link and also get updates 24 min Grey Bush 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 625
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1,605
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 7,342
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr woodtick57 1,348,777
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Dr Guru 207,745
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr PEllen 101,442
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages