Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,822)

Showing posts 36,421 - 36,440 of45,437
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Josiah Hulm

Crownsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

never thought i would find one that was totally free, they all usually ask you for a credit card, but this one didnt! i was able to chat and use every feature of the site for free, send and receive messages, check my flirts and even free video chat. you guy and girls should really check this one out! its definitely worth a look http://tinyurl.com/ly7zs9k

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I said.
They will post what is obviously a large, steaming, stinking, pile of shit and call it truth.
Then, we must describe how and why it is large, it is steaming, it is stinking, and it is a pile of shit, in order to counter their lie that it is truth.
Then that is ignored and another and different, large, steaming, stinking, pile of shit is posted as truth.
One prays for their constipation.
Don't hold your breath. They drink a bottle of magnesia for beakfast. Else we could say they were full of it.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

For the first time in 11 years September has arrived without a hurricane. Only the sixth time since 1960.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

flack wrote:
For the first time in 11 years September has arrived without a hurricane. Only the sixth time since 1960.
Hello denier stuck on hurricanes... Read what was also written by R. campbell:

Arctic response to global warming is already very strong, very rapid, and of major global significance. It poses an immediate and troubling danger to global climate that will likely have severe consequences both for the biosphere and the human economy. Accordingly, sustained monitoring, focused research and sound risk analysis are crucial for the predictions of future impact. Arctic hydrates have long been identified as a likely source of strong positive feedback.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

How do you climate change believers get away with saying the scientist's crisis WILL happen when science has never agreed on anything past "could be" a crisis and have NEVER agreed or said that their own crisis "WILL BE" a crisis, only might be and could be and maybe and........? Science can shut down the denier machine now and end this costly debate to save the planet just by agreeing their own crisis is inevitable now not just "possible" otherwise continued debate will continue stalling CO2 mitigation as we drift to the edge of unstoppable warming.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
...“Continued rapid change is a certainty,” he said.“We have already passed critical thresholds. Even if we stop emissions now, acidification will last tens of thousands of years. It is a very big experiment.”....
^^^This isn't an experiment. Experiments are intended and controlled.

This is the kind of pseudoscience you get from folks who don't know the Ocean's pH is alkaline. So, more accurate to say, oceans absorbing CO2 from the air makes the oceans less alkaline, not more acidic.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^This isn't an experiment. Experiments are intended and controlled.
This is the kind of pseudoscience you get from folks who don't know the Ocean's pH is alkaline. So, more accurate to say, oceans absorbing CO2 from the air makes the oceans less alkaline, not more acidic.
You are stuck on your denial.

What you say is not science.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

mememine69 wrote:
How do you climate change believers get away with saying the scientist's crisis WILL happen when science has never agreed on anything past "could be" a crisis and have NEVER agreed or said that their own crisis "WILL BE" a crisis, only might be and could be and maybe and........? Science can shut down the denier machine now and end this costly debate to save the planet just by agreeing their own crisis is inevitable now not just "possible" otherwise continued debate will continue stalling CO2 mitigation as we drift to the edge of unstoppable warming.
What are you trying to say in your ignorant expression?

One thing is clear though you are very confused about the reality.. for example, did you comprened this paragraph?

Arctic response to global warming is already very strong, very rapid, and of major global significance. It poses an immediate and troubling danger to global climate that will likely have severe consequences both for the biosphere and the human economy. Accordingly, sustained monitoring, focused research and sound risk analysis are crucial for the predictions of future impact. Arctic hydrates have long been identified as a likely source of strong positive feedback.[R. Campbell]
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

'comprehend' is the word.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the comments on Judge Natalia M. Combs-Greene[wrong link posted]
Whoops...

"Horrible, she openly states that she is Pro DC Government because she used to be a US Attorney and knows how hard it is. She will bend over backwards to ensure they prevail."

read more comments here:
http://www.therobingroom.com/dc/Judge.aspx...
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
'comprehend' is the word.
"lemming" is yours.

You're getting to be as bad as litesong.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
"lemming" is yours.
You're getting to be as bad as litesong.
LOL. You are a desperate denier aka whitewasher.

So you go bunkers if I correct my one word. WOW, really desperate. And you still have not corrected your English and French errors.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoops...
"Horrible, she openly states that she is Pro DC Government because she used to be a US Attorney and knows how hard it is. She will bend over backwards to ensure they prevail."
read more comments here:
http://www.therobingroom.com/dc/Judge.aspx...
WOW. Your mistakes are big.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text> To another:
<quoted text>
???????
LOL.

Indeed.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

I like this story, a technology break through. Locking carbon emissions from coal fired power stations into building bricks. Something the coal king and his gang should have been working on themselves instead of trying to work on Obama to just let it go.

http://inhabitat.com/worlds-first-pilot-plant...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

flack wrote:
LOL. It was Nyad's last luck.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. You are a desperate denier aka whitewasher.
So you go bunkers if I correct my one word. WOW, really desperate. And you still have not corrected your English and French errors.
Your a boor who finds a couple new words every so often and the uses them over and over and over and over again, as if you're saying anything worth reading.

You don't.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

OzRitz wrote:
I like this story, a technology break through. Locking carbon emissions from coal fired power stations into building bricks. Something the coal king and his gang should have been working on themselves instead of trying to work on Obama to just let it go.
http://inhabitat.com/worlds-first-pilot-plant...
fyi

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a boor who finds a couple new words every so often and the uses them over and over and over and over again, as if you're saying anything worth reading.
You don't.
Whine and cheese du jour!

Bwahhhhahahaha
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

flack wrote:
Yup. That is the tricky part about climate. It doesn't run on any schedule. Probability is the key and the shift in climate just changes probability of SEVERITY, not of occurence. Like you say, their have been 'late start' to the year before. But there have been more tropical storms than usual too, so it isn't all one way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 36,421 - 36,440 of45,437
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

101 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,071,415
NRA mouthpiece Wayne LaPierre quiet 4 min URAStoopidFOOKUDieBastard 27
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min wojar 173,535
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 22 min DontFOOKWithMeStarNazis 4
Amy 7-10 25 min PEllen 7
Black boys are more likely to be tried as adult... 25 min ThatsCuzTheyDoAdultCrimes 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 36 min PEllen 97,427
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••