Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,810)

Showing posts 36,181 - 36,200 of45,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
heavy tune

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...and if the models are correct!!! The models have never been correct. You are stating those that claimed sea ice melt had stopped are liars, but yet what do you call scientists who predicted an ice-free Arctic this summer? Or what do you call scientists who told us that BOTH poles would melt due to global warming, but then these same scientists now state that climate models always predicted Antarctic ice to grow? I hope you call them liars and fools too. What about all the predictions that no climate models predicted a 15-year pause, but now these scientists say it was predicted. I hope you call them liars and fools too. According to a paper posted by The Integral, climate scientists state we are not at business as usual emissions but at worst case scenario levels of CO2 and the temperatures should be rising at the highest predicted level, but are not. So you need to call them liars and fools too.
The predictions are all over the place. Because now you are saying they are predicting 2014 and 2015 are likely to be record years and the latest predictions I have seen are calling for a standstill for about 20 years. So which is it? It sounds like you have all your bases covered.
oh 'kristy', it is all so easily explained. proper funding gets proper answers to all of your questions. without the funding, we will not get any answers. liars and fools desperately need the funding to prove that you are the cause of the weather. there is some doubt that although the earth has had weather before, this is new weather, and caused by you. forget about the old weather, and concentrate on what we now know makes a lot of money. there is no such thing as common every day weather events anymore. there is only weather caused by man. the introduction of carbon taxes in austrailia should prove it to you. the weather has changed to cooling already. all it takes 'kristy', is money put into the proper pockets, to control the weather. we can only hope you will soon be on board and enjoying our fantasy fairytale of global warming caused by man, controled by money given freely by people like you. the next time it rains, or it gets all cloudy and the wind just doesn't feel right, we will know you haven't joined us yet. it is all up to you 'kristy', only you can stop global warming. put money in the basket when it passes down the pews, everything will suddenly be better.
Justin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Farmers Almanac calling for bitter cold winter.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Justin wrote:
... and with an 80% accuracy over 197 years.

What's the accuracy for those global warming models?

Since: Aug 13

Kailua, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...and if the models are correct!!! The models have never been correct. You are stating those that claimed sea ice melt had stopped are liars, but yet what do you call scientists who predicted an ice-free Arctic this summer? Or what do you call scientists who told us that BOTH poles would melt due to global warming, but then these same scientists now state that climate models always predicted Antarctic ice to grow? I hope you call them liars and fools too. What about all the predictions that no climate models predicted a 15-year pause, but now these scientists say it was predicted. I hope you call them liars and fools too. According to a paper posted by The Integral, climate scientists state we are not at business as usual emissions but at worst case scenario levels of CO2 and the temperatures should be rising at the highest predicted level, but are not. So you need to call them liars and fools too.
The predictions are all over the place. Because now you are saying they are predicting 2014 and 2015 are likely to be record years and the latest predictions I have seen are calling for a standstill for about 20 years. So which is it? It sounds like you have all your bases covered.
This review of climate prediction models seems pretty straightforward to me. No model is perfect, but they do seem to be pretty close.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/01/03/1...

Here is another site that carries some weight as far as I am concerned:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...

Politifact is non-partisan and it does not have an agenda other than to fact check.

Of course the models will be revised as the ARGO data becomes available over a longer term, but that is the nature of models - constant revision.
B as in B S as in S

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Make the most of the "no warming" bullshit, because in a year or so we'll see new record temperatures and the warming trend re-emerge.
And deniers lose even more of their credibility.
The irony must certainly not escape you! You have posted about "credibility" THEN call the lack of warming ("no warming") "bullshit"... Now here is the irony; you are posting on the thread called: "Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving little..."

You crack me up with the ubsurditiy of the situations you put yourself in.

Again!!! FACT: 15 year pause in Warmng!
Yet This very thread Posted in 2008... "Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt..." Mass deception.

Who are the real climate deniers?
B as in B S as in S

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Justin wrote:
Old "Farmers Almanac calling for bitter cold winter."
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a perfect example of the fallacy of "Appeal to Authority"

Climate models are less reliable then Ben's Book!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Justin wrote:
Where? In UK?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

B as in B S as in S wrote:
Justin wrote:
Old "Farmers Almanac calling for bitter cold winter."
<quoted text>
This is a perfect example of the fallacy of "Appeal to Authority"
Climate models are less reliable then Ben's Book!
Ben's Book? I'm not familiar with such a climate science book.

Which authority are you appealing to in this post? There's much s and also b, denier scum.

Also, what reliability level are you interested as a bs'er in climate models?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Climate models are global, right? Is the FA global, denier scum?

How did you come up with 80% accuracy over 197 years? Be specific in definitions, data base, methodology, global coverage, computations, gossip, etc.

The whole world awaits your response.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Rats. That should read "So a Cat 7 would be sustained winds above 195 mph."
The Saffir-Simpson hurricane category scale is based on wind speed: A Category 1 hurricane has sustained winds from 74 to 95 mph, Category 2 has sustained winds from 96 to 110 mph, Category 3 has sustained winds from 111 to 130 mph, Category 4 has sustained winds from 131 to 155, and a Category 5 storm has sustained winds greater than 155 mph.

The categories run in roughly 20 mph increments, so a Cat 6 would be greater than 175 or 180 mph.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Science/story...

Cat 7: 195 or 200 mph.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL (that means 'Laugh Out Loud')
... says the one who posts from alecexposed... from The Center for Media and Democracy... founded by John Stuaber which sponsors prwatch and sourcewatch.
I do enjoy using the same arguments of warmists on warmists. It's so much fun watching them squirm and find inventive ways to not hold their "science" accountable to same standards they claim others should have.
Good day to ya'.
The only ones who say source watch is questionable are the deniers. If you can refute their claims, let's hear it.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>The Saffir-Simpson hurricane category scale is based on wind speed: A Category 1 hurricane has sustained winds from 74 to 95 mph, Category 2 has sustained winds from 96 to 110 mph, Category 3 has sustained winds from 111 to 130 mph, Category 4 has sustained winds from 131 to 155, and a Category 5 storm has sustained winds greater than 155 mph.
The categories run in roughly 20 mph increments, so a Cat 6 would be greater than 175 or 180 mph.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Science/story...
Cat 7: 195 or 200 mph.
Exactly what I posted. You are either senile or cannot read. Which?
BECOME INV

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Make the most of the "no warming" bullshit, because in a year or so we'll see new record temperatures and the warming trend re-emerge.
And deniers lose even more of their credibility.
Another burning issue is the government and big corporation's intentional release of Chemtrails to control our population. This weekend we held numerous demonstrations across this planet.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what I posted. You are either senile or cannot read. Which?
You are wrong again; just like you just posted "levies" in another thread re sea-level rise.

Senility makes you too sensitive and WRONG!

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>
The irony must certainly not escape you! You have posted about "credibility" THEN call the lack of warming ("no warming") "bullshit"... Now here is the irony; you are posting on the thread called: "Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving little..."
You crack me up with the ubsurditiy of the situations you put yourself in.
Again!!! FACT: 15 year pause in Warmng!
Yet This very thread Posted in 2008... "Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt..." Mass deception.
Who are the real climate deniers?
Not "FACT".

*Ocean temperatures continue to rise.

*Satellites still record a drop in energy leaving the Earth, just where CO2 absorbs it, and an imbalance with energy arriving from the sun.

*Temperatures have actually risen over the last 15 years.

*There have been a couple of strong La Nina events recently pushing down the trend; the next El Nino year will push it up again, and Likely bring record temperatures.

But do keep telling us that global warming has stopped: it's going to make it very obvious who the deniers are when we see new record temperatures.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Link: temperatures over the last 15 years:

http://www.woodfortrees.org/plot/gistemp/from...
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong again; just like you just posted "levies" in another thread re sea-level rise.
Senility makes you too sensitive and WRONG!
Yes I believe it was "lhmf" that wrote a scathing opinion of the crap I posted only to dIscover he was responding to one of HIS previous posts. ROTFLMAO
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Climate models are global, right? Is the FA global, denier scum?
How did you come up with 80% accuracy over 197 years? Be specific in definitions, data base, methodology, global coverage, computations, gossip, etc.
The whole world awaits your response.
Listen to you! Ya sound like a flaming Junior High School "detention supervisor'. He sighted his source... So either thank him for his efforts OR educate yourself by reading it. That's what a " Real Scientist" would do.

Ummm, now I believe a childish personal attack is in order to achieve parity with Space Blues Intellectual Debating Technique.

[So there,:0p ...you poopy head!!]
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
Link: temperatures over the last 15 years:
http://www.woodfortrees.org/plot/gistemp/from...
Is this the point when one is required to ask:
Which journey was this published and what are the credentials of the author?
Or does such rigors only apply to ideas outside CCC Orthodoxy?

Perhaps... you are employing the oft accepted CAGW SCIENCE OF: "I saw it on the Internet so it must be true!
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

"journey" = Journal

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 36,181 - 36,200 of45,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Woman shot dead on Chicago expressway 14 min Susan 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 32 min Independent1 4,489
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 34 min KiMare 48,702
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Grey Ghost 1,073,281
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 173,785
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr the plain truth 1,833
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... 5 hr IsBerkotsCheaperthanJewel 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••