Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 48,585
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
drinK the Hive

Anonymous Proxy

#36806 Jul 6, 2013
Fact: Saving The Environment Can Take Centuries -
A Blow J/ob Can Take Up To 5 Minute'...

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/5278/poolc...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#36807 Jul 6, 2013
mememine69 wrote:
Prove me wrong:
The scientific consensus always has been that it ONLY “could be” and never has been a consensus that it “will be” an actual crisis.
Never has science said “inevitable” or “eventual” like their comet hits they love to say WILL happen.
"Climate change is real and is happening and COULD lead to unstoppable warming of the planet."
Find us just one single IPCC warning that says it WILL be a crisis and one that isn't swimming in maybe and could be and likely and.....
Science could end this costly debate just by stating their crisis is as real as they love to say comet hits are. This is no crisis and real planet lovers are happy it was a tragic exaggeration.
Yes, it is a tragic drama of your life because you have a mental problem with science.

Given that you have been in the same condition for years, there is no hope for your recovery.

Have you noticed other deniers have flunked out of the forum? <Reality check>
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#36808 Jul 6, 2013
drinK the Hive wrote:
Fact: Saving The Environment Can Take Centuries -
A Blow J/ob Can Take Up To 5 Minute'...
http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/5278/poolc...
sorry, 5 minutes is a fast quickie for me...dude
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#36809 Jul 6, 2013
How do mathematicians prove theorems?
This question introduces an interesting topic, but to start with it would be to
project two hidden assumptions:
(1) that there is uniform, objective and firmly established theory and practice
of mathematical proof, and
(2) that progress made by mathematicians consists of proving theorems.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/math/9404236.pdf

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#36810 Jul 6, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Wal-Mart is putting solar collectors on many of its stores.
In front and on top, where everyone can see. This is marketing, not energy efficiency.

gcaveman1 wrote:
BMW is using several types of renewables to power its assembly plants.
In Germany, there's more alcohol in the gasoline than in the beer.

gcaveman1 wrote:
The US military is exploring solar and wind to cut the costs and change the logistics of troop deployment.
I oppose wasteful military spending; these 'explorations' are crony boondoggles. Fossil fuel is the primary method of powering troop and supply movement.

I want our military to fight and win, not to be distracted by catastrophic man made global warming or any other political issue.

gcaveman1 wrote:
Homeowners are switching to green energy, not because of any philosophical revolution, but simply to save money.
There's tax advantages to insulating your home, people are turning their house into hermetically sealed boxes because of government incentives. Look at the bright side, you won't need duct tape.

gcaveman1 wrote:
These are the kinds of things that will allow renewable energy to overtake the fossils.
Allow? Renewable fails because it's too expensive, inefficient and unworkable. Biofuel takes resources away from food production to starve the poor.

gcaveman1 wrote:
Fossil fuel is on the way out even now.
Go to the store and check out the loading dock, all long distance transportation is powered by fossil fuel. Face reality.

We have plenty of fossil fuel now, renewable and green energy is the future, not the present.
Lesson not Learned

Oak Hill, WV

#36812 Jul 7, 2013
I wonder if we could see your homes, how many of you are really using alternative enegy.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#36815 Jul 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>In front and on top, where everyone can see. This is marketing, not energy efficiency.
<quoted text>In Germany, there's more alcohol in the gasoline than in the beer.
<quoted text>I oppose wasteful military spending; these 'explorations' are crony boondoggles. Fossil fuel is the primary method of powering troop and supply movement.
I want our military to fight and win, not to be distracted by catastrophic man made global warming or any other political issue.
<quoted text>There's tax advantages to insulating your home, people are turning their house into hermetically sealed boxes because of government incentives. Look at the bright side, you won't need duct tape.
<quoted text>Allow? Renewable fails because it's too expensive, inefficient and unworkable. Biofuel takes resources away from food production to starve the poor.
<quoted text>Go to the store and check out the loading dock, all long distance transportation is powered by fossil fuel. Face reality.
We have plenty of fossil fuel now, renewable and green energy is the future, not the present.
On top, where everyone can see? See, that's stupid.

Followed by non sequiturs, lies, and denial of the truth. But that's your job.

Are you proud to be a liar? Normal people don't consider that to be a commendable thing.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#36816 Jul 7, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Another small cost of global warming, but multiply it by a few hundred times a day.
<><><>< ><><><> <><><>
Air is required to make engines work and airplanes fly. Air density affects the thrust of the engine and the lift of the wings. When air is hot, it expands and is less dense.
Jet engines produce less thrust in hot conditions because there is less air flowing though the engine to mix with fuel and burn for thrust.
Wings produce less lift when the air is less dense because there is less air flowing over the wings at a given speed.
The combination of these two means the airplane will have to travel farther down the runway to take off, and the takeoff speed will need to be higher.
Sometimes the heat and the resulting loss of performance requires the weight of the airplane to be reduced.
Source(s):
Airline Captain
<><><>< ><><><> <><><>< >
Reducing the weight of the plane usually means removing what's inside, meaning either passengers or cargo, or both. Since airlines are already having troubles, this will only cut into their profits. And the same with UPS or FedEx, who may just raise their rates, if they can.
LOL and it's better to give government the ability to tax everyone based on a theory rather than pay a few extra pennies to FedEx in the summer? LOL

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#36817 Jul 7, 2013
Lesson not Learned wrote:
I wonder if we could see your homes, how many of you are really using alternative enegy.
the alarmists "may" do so in the future "if" they are given funds to do so....and when the time comes government "might" tell them to do so because it "could" help them in placing additional taxes for theoretical reasons.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#36818 Jul 7, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL and it's better to give government the ability to tax everyone
They already have the ability to tax everyone, based on the approval of the publics representatives (Congress). It was only fiat taxation from unelected aristocrats that was fought.
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>based on a theory
Since 'theory' is the name of scientific FACT, it is a sound basis for policy
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>rather than pay a few extra pennies to FedEx in the summer? LOL
I'm sure that Fedex will gladly take your pennies, dollars and the shirt off your back if you let them. It is a truisim that business in these days are out to take whatever they can. They are NOT constrained by the 'public good' in the way that the government is.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#36819 Jul 7, 2013
Climate Change Believers; How dare you fear monger our children at the grunt of a headline!
If you insist on condemning my kids to what you believe is a coming climate crisis you had better provide for me just one single IPCC warning that says their crisis WILL happen, not just 28 years of science only saying “could” happen and “might” and “likely” happen and…….. They only agreed it was “real and happening” but only agreed it COULD be a crisis and science has NEVER said their crisis was going to be “eventual” or “inevitable” or “unavoidable”.
Who’s the ignorant fear mongering neocon now?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#36820 Jul 7, 2013
mememine69 wrote:
Climate Change Believers; How dare you fear monger our children at the grunt of a headline!
If you insist on condemning my kids to what you believe is a coming climate crisis you had better provide for me just one single IPCC warning that says their crisis WILL happen, not just 28 years of science only saying “could” happen and “might” and “likely” happen and…….. They only agreed it was “real and happening” but only agreed it COULD be a crisis and science has NEVER said their crisis was going to be “eventual” or “inevitable” or “unavoidable”.
Who’s the ignorant fear mongering neocon now?
LIAR, are you in Canada?

The normally tame Bow and Elbow Rivers that course their way through downtown Calgary, Alberta, have taken over the city, transforming Canada's fourth-largest city into North America's Venice. A slow-moving storm system, coming on top of an unusually wet spring, has produced massive flooding across southern Alberta, prompting tens of thousands to hastily evacuate sections of Calgary, and producing surreal images of the city's landmarks, such as the Calgary Stampede grounds, under several feet of water.

According to CBC News reports, the resort town of Banff has been cut off from road access after a torrent of water and mud took out a section of the Trans-Canada Highway. The picturesque Banff and Canmore areas to the northwest of Calgary received more than 6 inches of rain on June 20 alone, and have received more than 200 percent of their typical monthly rainfall during the past month.

The situation in Alberta is only the latest example of destructive flooding events that have struck disparate locations in the Northern Hemisphere during the past two months. Germany, Hungary, and the Czech Republic all were deluged with some of their worst flooding in decades during May and June, and torrential downpours related to the South Asian Monsoon killed nearly 600 in India this week, as the mighty Ganges River swelled near Haridwar, about 130 miles north of New Delhi.[AP]

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#36821 Jul 7, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
I'm sure that Fedex will gladly take your pennies, dollars and the shirt off your back if you let them.
This mirrors my feelings about big government.....but your crowd seems to be just fine with that. AND they do it for no good reason more often than not. You don't have to use Fed Ex, son. Besides....I'm sure you'd feel hypocritical about shipping something via fossil fuel users, huh?

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Near Detroit

#36822 Jul 7, 2013
CTM wrote:
The biggest source of oil power comes from lobbyists. Lobbyist is just a nice title for bribe-carrier. At 10 billion $$ per quarter profit the oil companies have enough money to bribe and "guide" politics their way. It's also several generations old so corruption runs deep. To give naturals and batterries a fair shot at a "Pepsi Challenge" both Congress and the Senate would have to look at it through clear eyes. Right now there's a lot of money blurring their vision.
I smell envy and bitterness.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Near Detroit

#36823 Jul 7, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR, are you in Canada?
The normally tame Bow and Elbow Rivers that course their way through downtown Calgary, Alberta, have taken over the city, transforming Canada's fourth-largest city into North America's Venice. A slow-moving storm system, coming on top of an unusually wet spring, has produced massive flooding across southern Alberta, prompting tens of thousands to hastily evacuate sections of Calgary, and producing surreal images of the city's landmarks, such as the Calgary Stampede grounds, under several feet of water.
According to CBC News reports, the resort town of Banff has been cut off from road access after a torrent of water and mud took out a section of the Trans-Canada Highway. The picturesque Banff and Canmore areas to the northwest of Calgary received more than 6 inches of rain on June 20 alone, and have received more than 200 percent of their typical monthly rainfall during the past month.
The situation in Alberta is only the latest example of destructive flooding events that have struck disparate locations in the Northern Hemisphere during the past two months. Germany, Hungary, and the Czech Republic all were deluged with some of their worst flooding in decades during May and June, and torrential downpours related to the South Asian Monsoon killed nearly 600 in India this week, as the mighty Ganges River swelled near Haridwar, about 130 miles north of New Delhi.[AP]
Canada killed Y2Kyoto with a freely elected climate change denying prime minister and nobody cared, especially the millions of scientists warning us of unstoppable warming (a comet hit).

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Near Detroit

#36824 Jul 7, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR, are you in Canada?
So if YOU believe it "IS" a crisis that is happening, why won't your scientists say it as well? They have said "maybe" a crisis for 28 years so do we believe you or the experts?

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#36825 Jul 7, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>This mirrors my feelings about big government.....but your crowd seems to be just fine with that. AND they do it for no good reason more often than not. You don't have to use Fed Ex, son. Besides....I'm sure you'd feel hypocritical about shipping something via fossil fuel users, huh?
If it wasn't for USPS, UPS and Fed Ex would only service those with whom they could make a profit. Same with power utilities, Cox etc. What enabled our country to expand and grow was REA, USPS and the highway system. Government is good and necessary.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#36826 Jul 7, 2013
mememine69 wrote:
<quoted text>So if YOU believe it "IS" a crisis that is happening, why won't your scientists say it as well? They have said "maybe" a crisis for 28 years so do we believe you or the experts?
Believe it not, it has nothing to do with belief but with science facts.

Scientists don't do what you mmee expect from them. Surprise!

Think a little, duh.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#36827 Jul 7, 2013
mememine69 wrote:
<quoted text>Canada killed Y2Kyoto with a freely elected climate change denying prime minister and nobody cared, especially the millions of scientists warning us of unstoppable warming (a comet hit).
Is there an adult nearby to take you to treatment?

Forget about this forum. Bye.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#36828 Jul 7, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
If it wasn't for USPS, UPS and Fed Ex would only service those with whom they could make a profit. Same with power utilities, Cox etc. What enabled our country to expand and grow was REA, USPS and the highway system. Government is good and necessary.
UPS and Fed Ex have always and will continue to service those with whom they can derive a profit. The USPS continues to provide service at a loss. What is so good an necessary about that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min No Surprize 1,144,048
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 180,917
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 1 hr Gary Seven 38
My true thoughts about this song. 2 hr dumbwhore 2
EverGreen Belgrade 5 hr aqif blyta 11
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 6 hr Swedenforever 54,527
Aldi's is the Worst Supermarket Chain (Jun '12) 7 hr Jamie 330
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:26 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:26PM