Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,727)

Showing posts 34,521 - 34,540 of45,499
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

riteupmyarsehole wrote:
i'll keep pretending to lol....but, son of the devil that I am, it's me who chooses to bask in my neurosis and stupidity.
No denying that, chump.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
No denying that, chump.
lol....poor little brown bagger. Do you think editing my posts make you appear smarter......or less neurotic?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

We know that rising greenhouse gas emissions must result in more warming - "That carbon dioxide warms the climate is not in doubt."

So if there's more carbon dioxide, and the warming isn't staying in the atmosphere, where is it going?

Surface temperature is only a small (but important) part of the climate system. In fact, most of the extra heat the planet absorbs goes into the oceans.

Climate scientist at the University of Reading Dr Richard Allan tells us:

"The vast ocean has a huge capacity to store heat To balance the books you need to be measuring the energy coming in at the top of the atmosphere and all the places where it's going to really understand how the climate is heating."

http://www.carbonbrief.org/blog/2013/05/doubl...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

riteupmyarsehole wrote:
lol....I'm a poor little brown bagger. Do you think you could slap my face with your brown bag? It'd make me happier......if not less neurotic.
Sorry, I'm a straight white guy. You're outta luck...:)
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

New report says the fefderal insurance program will need to collect higher premiums because of global warming. It's not just rising seas, but floods caused by rain, too. And yes, they took population growth into account, which will result in 30% of the claims, as opposed to 70% for the effects of climate change.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_scie...
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Newsflash: The Heartland Institute does something stupid again.

But, that's not really news....

http://www.google.com/url...

Liars, like a lot of you guys....

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
New report says the fefderal insurance program will need to collect higher premiums because of global warming. It's not just rising seas, but floods caused by rain, too. And yes, they took population growth into account, which will result in 30% of the claims, as opposed to 70% for the effects of climate change.
So no matter what angle the deniers come from we all going to end up paying for non actions of deniers anyway. The smarter way would have been pay the price of misguided strategies by business and governments all over the world and then not deal with the HUGE capital cost later on by doing nothing!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
insurance companies never turn down an opportunity to "up rates".....thanks a lot, religious zealots! thanks to you and the media......we're all being picked.

global warming is a farce and a hoax,

you tree huggers are nothing more than useful idiots...
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>insurance companies never turn down an opportunity to "up rates".....thanks a lot, religious zealots! thanks to you and the media......we're all being picked.
F E D E R A L flood insurance.

Not your father's insurance company, whoever he was.

Amounts to a tax on living in a flood-prone area. Which is as it should be, if the government is going to bail you out.

You don't know how stupid you appear with that "hoax" shit, do you?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>insurance companies never turn down an opportunity to "up rates".....thanks a lot, religious zealots! thanks to you and the media......we're all being picked.
I'd say like in Europe where they have got flooded 3 yrs out of 5 then the risk would be slightly higher than once in a 100 yrs occurrence. It's the same for the USA, if whole towns get blown away or flooded every 2nd year then the RISK might be slightly higher also than once in a 100 yrs. But of course to you guys none of this is happening yet!. It's just an insurance scam lol

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
F E D E R A L flood insurance.
Not your father's insurance company, whoever he was.
Amounts to a tax on living in a flood-prone area. Which is as it should be, if the government is going to bail you out.
You don't know how stupid you appear with that "hoax" shit, do you?
why does anyone expect to be insured while living in a flood prone area, dumbass?
are you a direct descendant of a neanderthal?
why is the government insuring high risk behavior?

those are the questions 'ewe' should ask. climate change has nothing to do with weather......at least that's what your loony crowd says when it snows.

LOL

what a crock! and you think rational people will let your faith based beliefs alter our way of life? step away from the bong, leroy!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say like in Europe where they have got flooded 3 yrs out of 5 then the risk would be slightly higher than once in a 100 yrs occurrence. It's the same for the USA, if whole towns get blown away or flooded every 2nd year then the RISK might be slightly higher also than once in a 100 yrs. But of course to you guys none of this is happening yet!. It's just an insurance scam lol
LOL.....don't expect me to be as stupid as you are.

if the 'floods' happen every 2 years.....I'm sure it's inside the 100 year average.

you people are certifiable nutzos! and...you're the head hickory nut!

come back with actual facts, son. PLEASE! your stupid myths are getting boring.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>why does anyone expect to be insured while living in a flood prone area, dumbass?

why is the government insuring high risk behavior?
"If you have a federally backed mortgage on your home and it's in a special flood hazard area, you are required by law to carry flood insurance. As of 2013, the NFIP insures 5.6 million properties."

Don't look now, dumbass, but there are five and a half million who are insured, not "expect to be". And I'm sure more need it, but can't afford it.

With your ignorance of history (among other things), you can't figure out that most cities grew up along the coasts and rivers. These places are where humans have always settled, for the obvious advantages and the occasional disadvantages. That's why this "risky" behavior is insured. The risk was always known, but the benefits have always trumped them, because the risk was not too high. Until now, anyway.

As awareness of the effects of climate change grows, you can expect that no one, not even the federal government, will offer insurance to property owners who are in the most susceptible areas. That's just another effect of climate change.

I am hoping that you will be able to think critically someday.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

riteupmyarsehole wrote:
Another troll post from the board asshat...haven't you left yet?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

It's this simple. If any scientist had a coherent and sensible scientific revelation that we needn't be worried about fossil-fuel greenhouse-gas emissions causing a dangerous global warming problem, that scientist would write what would very quickly become the most celebrated research paper ever published. The publication would be in one of the world's most prestigious science journals, and that journal would be proud to have the honor and privilege. Literally hundreds of other scientists would quickly validate the research, and the author of the paper would become the most famously celebrated scientist in history.

http://globalecologist.org/talking.html

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Nice spin but where is the supporting evidence to back up your rant?
In your favorite search engine.

We're off subject; ad hominem is irrational. So is man made climate change alarmism.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>In your favorite search engine.
We're off subject; ad hominem is irrational. So is man made climate change alarmism.
No evidence as usual from Brainless_G, IOW. He states it, you research it for him....strikingly similar to the Faux News approach to information.

LOL
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Our alleged alarmism trumps your ignorant apathy.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
In other words, you can't provide a reference. I'm really suprised!!!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you have a federally backed mortgage on your home and it's in a special flood hazard area, you are required by law to carry flood insurance. As of 2013, the NFIP insures 5.6 million properties."
Don't look now, dumbass, but there are five and a half million who are insured, not "expect to be". And I'm sure more need it, but can't afford it.
With your ignorance of history (among other things), you can't figure out that most cities grew up along the coasts and rivers. These places are where humans have always settled, for the obvious advantages and the occasional disadvantages. That's why this "risky" behavior is insured. The risk was always known, but the benefits have always trumped them, because the risk was not too high. Until now, anyway.
As awareness of the effects of climate change grows, you can expect that no one, not even the federal government, will offer insurance to property owners who are in the most susceptible areas. That's just another effect of climate change.
I am hoping that you will be able to think critically someday.
that's the whole point, dummy!! why did government get into the mortgage business to begin with? granted, it enriched me because i exploited the situation. i always do when government puts their nose where it doesn't belong. ethanol and biodiesel have been very lucrative for me....just saying. thanks for the dollars, chump.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 34,521 - 34,540 of45,499
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min headlinesYoutube 1,072,425
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 38 min Midlothian Composer 97,438
Stop Blaming Chicago Police 40 min joey 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 58 min Midlothian Composer 3,817
Beach Towel Racism 1 hr needs another read 30
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 397
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 173,641
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••